PDA

View Full Version : How will OWS end?

Becker
10-10-2011, 12:08 AM
1. They get their demands (not gonna happen)

2. They give up, because they found better things to do or cannot sustain living out there.

3. The city nicely asks them to leave, and the leaders announce peaceful compromise. They then said "we tried, our point was made", and go home.

4. City, state, military, whatever, uses force because they refuse to nicely leave.

Either way, they win nothing, whoever gets hurt is them, and Wall Street, government gets the last laugh.

Does anybody think Americans will sympathize with jobless people being hosed or tear gassed?

Philhelm
10-10-2011, 01:04 AM
Personally, I don't think much will come of it, but I'm a pessimist. I do not see these people as our allies, as a whole, but I appreciate that people are getting angry enough to at least attempt to make a difference. This is an important first step. I agree with those that say that we should try to communicate with those that aren't die-hard statists.

TER
10-10-2011, 01:20 AM
How it ends is anyone's guess. No one knows how it will end. Making statements such as in the end, "they win nothing, whoever gets hurt is them, and Wall Street, government gets the last laugh" is a bit premature.

Sola_Fide
10-10-2011, 01:44 AM
It will most likely end in some concession to grow government and curb liberty.

civusamericanus
10-10-2011, 02:01 AM
This is just a test run before the general election campaign for next summer gets started. Then next summer they will be more organized and try to make the movement seem like it's the 99% for Obama. But when they protest next summer, it will get real heated, and Obama will come out in big support of their protest and say he stands with the 99%. This is the civilian army Obama campaigned for... Too bad these protesters are turning out to be phony Obama supporters, if they would have dropped the (D) and (R) division, and made it about the real 99%, real change might have happened.

Lothario
10-10-2011, 02:29 AM
every single ideology is represented there...no progress will be made. It will slowly dissipate quietly and without commotion...just like a round of a applause disappears into silence.

Elfshadow
10-10-2011, 03:26 AM
It will end in Snow...........

Kludge
10-10-2011, 04:17 AM
Unfocused movement moves nowhere. Too many people trying to move in different directions. They haven't yet given reason for gov't officials to fear them, so even if they did have coherent demands, the result of nothing happening will still be.

Revolution9
10-10-2011, 04:35 AM
The Grunch (see Bucky Fuller for a bigger picture of The Grunch) is coming up this week on Friday...i.e. part three of the ongoing heist..this time for 16 trillion. Global Rev will continue to build. This OWS is a mere symptom and the cointel organisers know GlobalRev is in the stars and has been coming out in our language for a while, so they try to steer the earthly results. Major release language coming up starting the 15th. May signal the death of false flag op OWS, or may morph it into something else entirely.

Rev9

pcosmar
10-10-2011, 06:03 AM
Yet to be seen.
The first attempt, OpESR, fizzled, when few showed up. I was skeptical of this one, whether it would grow legs at all, or whether TPTB would use it to crack down on opposition. The organizers that stepped up are a combination of left leaning and new age.
It needs a clear demand and a focused goal,, and it lacks that. Timing may be wrong.
Winter is coming, and cold whether may do the job for TPTB. The few diehards will be swept from the streets by police.

The anger will remain and grow, the economy will worsen.
Perhaps folks will educate themselves through the winter.

CaptainAmerica
10-10-2011, 06:06 AM
they will form "coalitions" allover the nation which will rise up and protest capitalism,and aid the public unions in swaying public opinion. Its astroturf.

CaptUSA
10-10-2011, 06:07 AM
I firmly believe that the PTB would like this to end in violence. They will try to incite the violent rhetoric and hope someone takes 'em up on it.

I've seen the nudges in the media reports... They tried this with the Tea Parties as well, but it didn't work. I'm not so sure these kids will be able to resist the temptation.

MelissaCato
10-10-2011, 06:25 AM
It will most likely end in some concession to grow government and curb liberty. I think so too. I think the only way to grab ahold of those people is by our Military. And when I say Military I mean Constitution defending RP Revolution activists, not combat troops. (LOL) If we could round up all our Military RP supporters to "occupy" these events, just give them a microphone and platform and they will redirect the crowds by default. Wishful thinking huh ? Ron Paul 2012 !!

pcosmar
10-10-2011, 06:51 AM
I think so too. I think the only way to grab ahold of those people is by our Military. And when I say Military I mean Constitution defending RP Revolution activists, not combat troops. (LOL) If we could round up all our Military RP supporters to "occupy" these events, just give them a microphone and platform and they will redirect the crowds by default. Wishful thinking huh ? Ron Paul 2012 !!

Perhaps there will be a broader spectrum as time goes on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2kiprZTG0g

hazek
10-10-2011, 07:16 AM
Best case: They will give up.

Worst case: They'll inspire some mafia politicians to come up with a sneaky way to pretends as if they are meeting their demands while trying to even further tax the "rich" and they'll then pretend as if that's a triumph and leave.

Deborah K
10-10-2011, 07:27 AM
I've seen a trend toward more protesting and signage with regard to the Fed and banks in general. That kid whose video went viral about the Fed has apparently had an impact. I just watched the morning show on Faux about this and they were interviewing Trump who suggested they all should be protesting at the White House since Obama is doing nothing about jobs. (What an idiot Trump is.) Anyway, the whole time he was talking they were showing people with signs protesting the banks, and there were 'End the Fed' signs. When one of the Faux people brought up the fact that the protestors are upset at the banks, Trump agreed that they should be.

The tide could turn and the whole protest could shift into a demonstration against the Fed. Wouldn't that be lovely?

pcosmar
10-10-2011, 07:35 AM
The tide could turn and the whole protest could shift into a demonstration against the Fed. Wouldn't that be lovely?

As I had posted (several times)
That was the intention from the beginning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XySGw-g2tyk

Deborah K
10-10-2011, 07:38 AM
Sorry Peter. Haven't seen anything you've written on it. But I agree.

pcosmar
10-10-2011, 07:42 AM
Sorry Peter. Haven't seen anything you've written on it. But I agree.

That is because the Media and many here are pushing the false Left/right paradigm.
They want to keep people divided so there is no unity.
If we are fighting each other they win.

matt0611
10-10-2011, 08:28 AM
Winter's coming...

Deborah K
10-10-2011, 08:29 AM
Winter's coming...

hahaah! Good point!

kahless
10-10-2011, 09:27 AM
The news media propaganda machines are ratcheting up the hate against the protestors and they will be demanding something be done about them. This will proceed to having police officers on news programs being placed on a patriotic pedestal that will gallantly save us all from these protestors whom hate us for our freedom.

In other words it is going to end badly.

vita3
10-10-2011, 09:32 AM
I think we are a long way away from "how is it going to end"

Lothario
10-10-2011, 10:23 AM
As I had posted (several times)
That was the intention from the beginning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XySGw-g2tyk

Wait, Anonymous is behind this?? How are the FED's computer's still working?!

pcosmar
10-10-2011, 10:39 AM
Wait, Anonymous is behind this?? How are the FED's computer's still working?!

Not sure if you are serious. Do you oppose the Federal Reserve?
Are you interested in opposing the Federal Reserve? Are you interested in allies?

Do you know anything about Anonymous? (other than media hype)
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?320560-What-it-s-All-About

Lothario
10-10-2011, 10:44 AM
Not sure if you are serious. Do you oppose the Federal Reserve?
Are you interested in opposing the Federal Reserve? Are you interested in allies?

Do you know anything about Anonymous? (other than media hype)
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?320560-What-it-s-All-About

Lol, am I serious about wanting Anonymous to hack the FED's computers to pieces? Yes...what did you think I meant? I was curious how the FED is still operating after being targeted by Anonymous.

But this just aired this morning, which answers my question :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yunjb3HIsf0&feature=feedu

pcosmar
10-10-2011, 10:57 AM
Lol, am I serious about wanting Anonymous to hack the FED's computers to pieces? Yes...what did you think I meant? I was curious how the FED is still operating after being targeted by Anonymous.

It was a small group of anons that wanted to attack the NYSE and they had no consensus from all. I don't expect much there.
OpESR was Anonymous' first attempt at OFFline activism. it was back in March and few folks showed up. This event grew out of that initial attempt. a little Google searching on OpESR, A99, and AmpedStatus will fill out the picture.
I have posted videos and news reports over several threads, but it seems few are interested and want to continue the left/right infighting.

Some more history of this here.
http://ampedstatus.org/a-report-from-the-frontlines-the-long-road-to-occupywallstreet-and-the-origins-of-the-99-movement/

Becker
10-10-2011, 01:33 PM
It will most likely end in some concession to grow government and curb liberty.

meaning somebody will actually listen and care about their demands?

pcosmar
10-10-2011, 01:57 PM

2. They give up, because they found better things to do or cannot sustain living out there.

3. The city nicely asks them to leave, and the leaders announce peaceful compromise. They then said "we tried, our point was made", and go home.

4. City, state, military, whatever, uses force because they refuse to nicely leave.

Either way, they win nothing, whoever gets hurt is them, and Wall Street, government gets the last laugh.

Does anybody think Americans will sympathize with jobless people being hosed or tear gassed?

meaning somebody will actually listen and care about their demands?
Is this your hope really?
That the voices of angry Americans is ignored and laughed at by the Government?

That the Federal Reserve continues to destroy the Dollar, and the corruption between Government and Wall Street continues uninterrupted?

This is really your wish?

“We are a DECENTRALIZED non-violent movement. If you are looking to contact one of our leaders, go to the nearest mirror and peer deeply into it. It may take some time, but, eventually, one of our leaders will appear with answers to all of your questions.”

LayZayFaire
10-10-2011, 03:00 PM

I was planning to say the same when I came into this thread. No way they're going to be protesting when it's 9 degrees outside.

LayZayFaire
10-10-2011, 03:16 PM

I wouldn't be so sure about this. Of course they won't get everything they want, which is of course, economically impossible.

However, it is not so unlikely that some far left politicians might capitalize on their anger towards Wall Street. This could mean more regulations, demonizing the wealthy even more, promoting class warfare (more than already is the case), etc. Things along these lines. Remember, whether they understand it or not, they are no threat to the government. They disagree with where money is redistributed. They still support redistribution. Politicians can work with that. What they can't work with is our brand of libertarianism, secessionism, or anarcho-capitalism. We see answers that don't involve government and recognize that many problems (economic and social) are caused by government. Politicians come in all shapes and sizes, but one thing they will not accept is the idea that they are irrelevant. That society may function better without them.

AbVag
10-10-2011, 04:44 PM

5. The leaders instill legislation that's worded to the OWS's satisfaction without the OWSers realizing it'll further along what they've protested. Until they acknowledge that they keep voting in the 1% every election, they'll always be left in the dark.

pcosmar
10-10-2011, 05:18 PM
5. The leaders instill legislation that's worded to the OWS's satisfaction without the OWSers realizing it'll further along what they've protested. Until they acknowledge that they keep voting in the 1% every election, they'll always be left in the dark.

What leaders?

InTradePro
10-10-2011, 05:42 PM
Perhaps there will be a broader spectrum as time goes on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2kiprZTG0g

Very interesting.

ctiger2
10-10-2011, 06:33 PM
http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user5/imageroot/2011/09/Gr%203.jpg

Dianne
10-10-2011, 08:34 PM
Well right now, Obama co-opted it; so just like everything the man does, along with his Chicago hitmen... it will fail.

Sure, their sex will be good tonight, and lots of homeless in New York will have good "eats" tonight... But another very since movement co-opted again... this time by MoveOn.Org.... same as our tea party was co-opted by whomever...

There are many there with art and spirt... sou and pain.. dedication... But the average american, with good intent could never stand up to this dictatorship... with the news media against you, your government against you, your judges against you.

I bow out, and look for another country to live in... The United States is now a cesspool

Maximus
10-10-2011, 08:56 PM
I've never liked the concept of the "occupation", I think they'd be a lot better off to say "we will protest every day at 6pm here until we are heard".

That said, I am using this to encourage people to "Go Credit Union", point out that CC's are owned by accountholders rather than shareholders.

It's another way of attacking the banks and the Fed, having people pull their money out. A few of my friends have gone credit union since this started. BofA's $5 debit card fee is a great tipping point to convince people to switch.

aravoth
10-10-2011, 09:12 PM
How will OWS end?

Badly

deadfish
10-10-2011, 09:17 PM

/agree

pcosmar
10-11-2011, 10:21 AM
Very interesting.

I thought so.
and more so as I listen and read some of his stuff. He is echoing Ron Paul often.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cilsOpX29Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGoEMIIztKg

Arklatex
10-11-2011, 11:48 AM
People are failing to realize that OWS is not the dog but the tail. See what I mean? The Mississippi River isn't named after the state, it's the other way around. OWS is a derivative of a vast energy sweeping the world that began in 1776. The Tea Party, OWS, whatever whatever are effects not the causes. The global powers that be are being attacked and their time is up, their only hope is to balkanize us, divide us into group and make us fight each other. Their most effecive propaganda tool is words. Keep us fighting over words and names, just STOP IT! :)

Arklatex
10-11-2011, 11:51 AM
So the answer is, the energy that is ultimately causing things like OWS isn't going to end. Not until the world has upshifted and the weeds and vines have been pulled up from their roots and only the harmonious energies remain.