PDA

View Full Version : How much do you know about the US Constitution? A quiz.

Anti Federalist
10-09-2011, 08:13 PM
15 questions, multiple choice.

A bit "establishment" but if you know your Constitution, you can find the "correct" answer.

I scored 100% :p:toady::p

How much do you know about the US Constitution? A quiz.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2011/0106/How-much-do-you-know-about-the-US-Constitution-A-quiz/How-much-do-you-know-about-the-US-Constitution-A-quiz

ClayTrainor
10-09-2011, 08:24 PM
lol, the right answer to #3 is so unbelievably obvious. All of the other answers are ridiculous except the obvious correct one, lol. An easy 100% so far :D

sailingaway
10-09-2011, 08:39 PM
Meh, I got one wrong. I blanked and decided Washington might have been out feeding his horse while they worked on the Constitution. (I thought he was there, but didn't know who wasn't.)

My favorite question was "What important role does the interstate commerce clause play?" with the answers being:

It allows members of Congress to buy discounted souvenirs in the Capitol gift shop.

It ensures that no national lawmaker will ever be stopped and ticketed for speeding on an interstate highway.

It is the constitutional provision that authorizes much of the national legislation passed by Congress.

All of the above.

Anti Federalist
10-09-2011, 09:21 PM
lol, the right answer to #3 is so unbelievably obvious. All of the other answers are ridiculous except the obvious correct one, lol. An easy 100% so far :D

Wanna bet that if you gave that quiz to 100 random US citizens, that less than 10 percent would score 90 or higher?

Throwing that quiz out on the floor here is like throwing a basic trig quiz at a bunch of MIT seniors.

Danke
10-09-2011, 09:54 PM
How much do you know about the US Constitution?

That many animals died for our freedoms to produce those parchments!

Gumba of Liberty
10-09-2011, 10:11 PM
The Supreme Court (and the role it plays in modern politics) is sh*t... and when i took think quiz, it (this bs quiz) said it wasn't.

kah13176
10-09-2011, 10:18 PM
This is bullshit. I missed 4 of them.

- Judges who interpret the Constitution ARE engaging in activism. You either take the Constitution literally, where it's not open to interpretation, or you can "interpret" it to justify everything under the Sun.

- How the fuck does homegrown wheat for personal consumption fall under the Interstate Commerce Clause in any way?

- I honestly didn't know that Jefferson wasn't there when the Constitution was being drafted.

- I can't remember the 4th one I missed, but I remember thinking, "Wtf"?

John F Kennedy III
10-09-2011, 10:32 PM
I got 10/15...good thing my Citizen's Handbook is on the way :)

Cutlerzzz
10-09-2011, 10:33 PM
This is bullshit. I missed 4 of them.

- Judges who interpret the Constitution ARE engaging in activism. You either take the Constitution literally, where it's not open to interpretation, or you can "interpret" it to justify everything under the Sun.

- How the fuck does homegrown wheat for personal consumption fall under the Interstate Commerce Clause in any way?
When you take a graded test, you give the answers the test wants, not what is actually true.

Anyways, I got a perfect score.

donnay
10-09-2011, 10:37 PM
Correct! (15 of 15 correct) :D

PaulConventionWV
10-09-2011, 10:37 PM
Good job, AF! I'm a political science major, so I know my Constitution and only got 13 out of 15. I got number 11 wrong, which said that judges are not engaging in a form of judicial activism. I thought that was kind of a trick question with no right answer, but apparently pushing your interpretation is not a form of activism. Whatever.

The other one was #14, which asked how many judges issued a ruling stating that national healthcare was unconstitutional. I really just did not know, so I said none, but the answer was one. It's still sad, though, considering the majority of them thought it was constitutional for the federal government to force individuals to purchase a good or service against their will!

The answer to the commerce clause one was pretty foggy, since I thought it should have been none of the above, but that was not a choice. I got the answer right because I knew which court cases it concerned. In reality, though, the commerce clause didn't allow the federal government to regulate any of those things. That's only what our liberal court has decided, which unfortunately, is still the law of the land.

Chester Copperpot
10-09-2011, 10:51 PM
i got up to number 4 and said fuck it.. its like a test for retarts..

the site goes way to slow for my tastes.. i not gonna waste more time than i have already

Minlawc
10-09-2011, 11:30 PM
I finish it, but I agree. The site ticked me off...

Click your answer, then click next.
Your answer is correct/wrong, then click next again.:rolleyes:
You go through 30 pages on a slow website to answer 15 progressively slanted questions.

PaulConventionWV
10-09-2011, 11:33 PM
i got up to number 4 and said fuck it.. its like a test for retarts..

the site goes way to slow for my tastes.. i not gonna waste more time than i have already

"retarts"... oh, the irony.