PDA

View Full Version : Commit 1 hour each day to promoting the BTO Moneybomb.. Inspire Others!

dusman
10-09-2011, 07:35 PM
I will be the first to admit I waste ALOT of time talking about Ron Paul, while not using that time wisely to helping Ron Paul win. I actually caught myself red-handed wasting a lot of time, when I tracked how many hours I spent a week posting here. It was upwards of 30 hours a week! Just imagine what difference those 30 hours a week could make going toward promotional efforts.

Let's face it! We have every possibility of making a huge impact for Ron Paul on October 19th, by spreading the word about the BTO moneybomb!

I want to believe that we have at least 100 people on these forums that are willing to commit 1 hour of time for the next 10 days to promoting this event. We need you to! It's a must and you have to take the first step and at least START!

You tell me.. what impact would 100 people committing these 10 hours have? That's 1000 man hours toward this event. If we all just realized that it's our collective efforts that make all the difference in the world, we would have 1,000 doing this challenge. I know we got beat up in 2007-08, but that's not an excuse.

It's time for you and I, us all, to put up or shut up! Put your minds at this effort and make your small individual difference! If you want to see an example of how dramatic a difference just one person can make, look at Qwerty on these forums. I would bet he has put 100 solid hours into promoting this moneybomb and that has probably translated into a hundred thousand extra dollars for Ron Paul. What if there were 100 of him?

So, take a vote in this poll. If you say YES, back it up! We need each and every one of you to help!

--------

We need to get beyond just Ron Paul Forums for this commitment. Spread it far and wide! Inspire duplication! Here is a blurb you can use:

If 100 people "COMMIT 1 HOUR A DAY" to promoting the Oct 19th "Black THIS Out" Money Bomb, that would = 1,000 hours of promotion. If each hour was to generate at least 10 pledges, that would = 10,000 more pledges!

Please "COMMENT HERE NOW" and "COMMIT YOURSELF" to spending just "1 HOUR A DAY" to help promote the money bomb! We WILL Raise $6,000,000 for Ron Paul! "REPOST THIS MESSAGE" to get others to commit to this!

RSVP Here - http://www.blackthisout.com/fb
Pledge Here - http://www.blackthisout.com (http://www.blackthisout.com/)
Learn to Promote - http://www.blackthisout.com/planning

dusman
10-09-2011, 08:36 PM
So, do we only have 2 willing to commit an hour each day?

Cleaner44
10-09-2011, 08:49 PM
Not sure that I can commit with kids and all but you are right, we should all be doing more than conversing here.

Here is an idea. Traffic exchanges. Free to use and gets exposure for whatever site you want to promote. What if we started working some exchanges to see if we can spread the message?

It would definetly not be preaching to the choir.

davidt!
10-09-2011, 08:55 PM
Been doing atleast a couple hours everyday and will continue to do so.

dusman
10-09-2011, 08:57 PM
Not sure that I can commit with kids and all but you are right, we should all be doing more than conversing here.

Here is an idea. Traffic exchanges. Free to use and gets exposure for whatever site you want to promote. What if we started working some exchanges to see if we can spread the message?

It would definetly not be preaching to the choir.

When you say traffic exchanges.. what do you have in mind?

AmberH
10-09-2011, 09:12 PM
I commit to at least 3 hours a day, it will probably be more.

Sentinelrv
10-09-2011, 09:25 PM
Help get others to commit by posting this message all around Facebook...

If 100 people "COMMIT 1 HOUR A DAY" to promoting the Oct 19th "Black THIS Out" Money Bomb, that would = 1,000 hours of promotion. If each hour was to generate at least 10 pledges, that would = 10,000 more pledges!

Please "COMMENT HERE NOW" and "COMMIT YOURSELF" to spending just "1 HOUR A DAY" to help promote the money bomb! We WILL Raise $6,000,000 for Ron Paul! "REPOST THIS MESSAGE" to get others to commit to this!

RSVP Here - http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=181997088537471
Pledge Here - http://www.blackthisout.com

Sentinelrv
10-09-2011, 09:46 PM
Come on, we have hundreds of people online right now posting. If you really want to help Ron Paul win, stop talking and start spreading the message 1 hour a day. Keep this thread bumped to get more people to commit to this.

MJU1983
10-09-2011, 09:49 PM
I spend a great deal of time promoting Ron Paul and currently, this money bomb. :)

dusman
10-09-2011, 09:54 PM
It sure would be nice to see some new faces getting involved, though. I think some people here get so preoccupied reviewing articles and commenting.. that they lose sight of the potential they could bring to the table by doing some simple promotion efforts. Don't worry, I was there too.. but it's time we call ourselves out on this and start demanding our collective involvement.

Each of us is the difference between a $4million dollar day and a record breaking $6million dollar day.

justatrey
10-09-2011, 09:54 PM
This has actually been my goal since the idea was originally conceived. I have to admit that I missed a couple days though. No more. We're coming down the stretch and really have to push if we want this to be a big success. 1 hour per day minimum!

FA.Hayek
10-09-2011, 09:57 PM
i'm in!!! what can we do? i've been commenting on youtube videos, commenting under articles, and facebook
any other ideas?

Sentinelrv
10-09-2011, 09:59 PM
It sure would be nice to see some new faces getting involved, though.

Yes, I'm pretty sick of seeing the same people on this forum post about the money bomb without anybody new joining in. What exactly is so hard about spending an hour of your time helping out? Sorry, but we need to do better or we won't be hitting $6,000,000. I think we're currently on track for $3-4 million. All the people on this board that aren't joining in to help, like you said could make all the difference in the world.

dusman
10-09-2011, 10:05 PM
i'm in!!! what can we do? i've been commenting on youtube videos, commenting under articles, and facebook
any other ideas?

Just keep pushing. Tomorrow we should have a way for everyone to see that their effort does matter and does make a difference. Each individual will be able to see how many pledges they've managed to generate.

mport1
10-09-2011, 11:12 PM
I work very long hours, but I'll commit to at least one our a day and hopefully more if I have some free time.

qwerty
10-09-2011, 11:21 PM
I COMMIT ALLMOST MY WHOLE MONDAY FOR THIS! Only sad thing is that i have different time than you have... :(

Donīt use your energy on guessing future, MAKE IT!

qwerty
10-09-2011, 11:26 PM
i will be the first to admit i waste alot of time talking about ron paul, while not using that time wisely to helping ron paul win. I actually caught myself red-handed wasting a lot of time, when i tracked how many hours i spent a week posting here. It was upwards of 30 hours a week! Just imagine what difference those 30 hours a week could make going toward promotional efforts.

Let's face it! We have every possibility of making a huge impact for ron paul on october 19th, by spreading the word about the bto moneybomb!

I want to believe that we have at least 100 people on these forums that are willing to commit 1 hour of time for the next 10 days to promoting this event. We need you to! It's a must and you have to take the first step and at least start!

You tell me.. What impact would 100 people committing these 10 hours have? That's 1000 man hours toward this event. If we all just realized that it's our collective efforts that make all the difference in the world, we would have 1,000 doing this challenge. I know we got beat up in 2007-08, but that's not an excuse.

It's time for you and i, us all, to put up or shut up! Put your minds at this effort and make your small individual difference! If you want to see an example of how dramatic a difference just one person can make, look at qwerty on these forums. I would bet he has put 100 solid hours into promoting this moneybomb and that has probably translated into a hundred thousand extra dollars for ron paul. What if there were 100 of him?

So, take a vote in this poll. If you say yes, back it up! We need each and every one of you to help!

this is so great post!!!! :)

And thanks man! My motivation is simply the fact that this is the last time we can get Ron Paul elected! :)

qwerty
10-09-2011, 11:30 PM
any other ideas?

Try Youtube PMīs to the people who are favorable about Ron Paul on the video comment sections! :)

Sentinelrv
10-09-2011, 11:31 PM
I changed my message. Help get others to commit by posting this message all around Facebook...

Facebook Event - http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=181997088537471
Official Website - http://www.blackthisout.com

NickOdell
10-10-2011, 12:29 AM
I'm in. I wasn't able to do hardly any today, yet here I am posting on the forum. :/

I commit to an hour per day minimum, two hours a day minimum the final 5 days. And that is on top of an insane homework load. If I can do it, you all can. Please commit!

NickOdell
10-10-2011, 12:45 AM
I asked the Ron Paul 2012 page to post this as the status update tomorrow, along with that new video. Except I changed it to 1,000 people, seeing as the last status update about the moneybomb got 1,000 shares. Hopefully he takes my advice. He has used my wording in the last update so he probably will :)

qwerty
10-10-2011, 01:00 AM
Just 16 ? Omg!

Ron paul is trusting for the grassroots and has fought for us over 35 years!

Grassroots are really dead if we don`t get more people to give one hour of their day for ron paul!

One hour for freedom, how you can be so busy that you can`t give one hour daily for fight for freedom! What you are without freedom ?

I have to say that i am becoming angry what "Grassroot central" is this, Ron Paul is over 70 years old and fights EVERYDAY ALL DAY for freedom and you canīt give one hour a day ? :(

pacodever
10-10-2011, 01:02 AM
I'm in for at least 4 hours a day. Lets just say my job doesn't require my full attention most of the time. And I'll be taking a sick-day off from work to promote the day before.

dusman
10-10-2011, 01:19 AM
I'm not going to let this thread die, until we get at least 100 members of RPF committed. If we can't get that many to commit to just 1 hour for 10 days, then can we really say that we want Ron Paul to win?

I honestly thought members would jump all over this. Meanwhile, I've seen all kinds of other talk going on.

NickOdell
10-10-2011, 01:21 AM
I'm not going to let this thread die, until we get at least 100 members of RPF committed. If we can't get that many to commit to just 1 hour for 10 days, then can we really say that we want Ron Paul to win?

I honestly thought members would jump all over this. Meanwhile, I've seen all kinds of other talk going on.

Im with ya. Especially agree with qwerty's comment. Im getting a little pissed off. Seriously, debating the latest news article on Ron Paul on here does nothing to actually help him.

orenbus
10-10-2011, 01:22 AM
Today is the sign bomb! Time to wake America up!

At today's sign bomb spread the word about Black This Out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwCsrWxSozQ

qwerty
10-10-2011, 01:23 AM
This is the spirit!

sons of scotland! I am william wallace. And i see a whole army of my countrymen here in defiance of tyranny. You've come to fight as free men, and free men you are. What will you do with that freedom? Will you fight? Aye, fight and you may die. Run and you'll live. At least awhile. And, dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take our freedom!

dusman
10-10-2011, 01:38 AM
Funny, I wrote this Saturday... but it oddly applies right this moment for this effort. GET UP!

Shall we stand idle, as those whom wish to silence us define our history? Is it not by our own will that we define our destiny? Does fate have such absolution that it cannot be swayed by the hearts of men? I fear not the future, brethren, for the history that has been planned against our will, is not of our own creation. The very power of our words by the whole conviction of our hearts, shall never be trumped by the lesser of two evils or the greater of no good. We are the future and, therefore, determine what shall become the history of our posterity. What shall we make of it?

In times of great struggle, the future has seemed bleak to the many. Yet, a few good men have worn history on their sleeves and have by their own will, shifted the fate of humanity. What more proof do we need, than that of what the past has already given us? Fate is our own destiny and destiny is your will. What absolution can there be, when either the time has come or it has past? Even the truths of the divine are always changing, for each and every one of you bear the weight and future of the universe upon your shoulders. The very moment you make a choice, I tell you, it is the most important choice in the universe at that very moment and that is the only absolution you will find in the great design of creation.

Such a moment, is eternal.

So, I ask you. Is to love and lose love not better than to not have loved at all? Is to fight for liberty not, but the very same as the fight for love? I say to all of you, the choice to have never had liberty is gone from us. We must choose to have liberty or to lose liberty. I for one, shall not let a few evil men choose for me. I refuse the notion that I am any less significant than they. Could the whole of the universe exist if even one atom were to be removed? No, for the very fabric of existence rests upon the one, the one of the few and the few of the many.

Ask yourselves, who are you and why are you here in this very time? I assure you, those few good men have brought you to this time, so that you can bear witness to the way. Is our struggle greater than theirs? Perhaps or perhaps not. One thing is for sure -- never has humanity been so ready to live in truth and in love and in liberty.

The rest of the world is looking upon you and I, fellow patriots of America. We are the harbinger to a great future that has yet to be fulfilled on our Earth. The blood that runs through their hearts has never tasted the richness of freedom as we have. So, it is my call upon all of you, to make your stand, not now, but forever and ever, for the cause of liberty, love, and truth.

Let it not be said that we did nothing.

No One But Paul!

dusman
10-10-2011, 01:40 AM
Are you the many with bleak hopes for the future or are you one of the few good men willing to fight for what you want!?

Sentinelrv
10-10-2011, 01:42 AM
Just 16 ? Omg!

And like usual, 90% of those who voted are people that have already been helping out since the beginning.

Sentinelrv
10-10-2011, 01:45 AM

Maybe we should link to this in other threads asking them if they've committed yet, though I don't really want to be moderated for spamming threads.

qwerty
10-10-2011, 01:45 AM
And like usual, 90% of those who voted are people that have already been helping out since the beginning.

This makes me SO sad that i really canīt say it. Also i feel anger and it makes me want to DO MORE FOR THIS! I WON`T GIVE UP! NEVER!

The fact that Ron is so proud of the grassroots and is counting so much on us.

How can people be that selfish and let Ron down...

Almost finished with the sing bomb FB walls, those people are the one who are the GRASSROOTS so i think they will help on this!

It is becoming a proven fact that most of the people here are JUST TALK!

NickOdell
10-10-2011, 01:50 AM
A mod really should put this thread on the homepage.

Birdlady
10-10-2011, 01:58 AM
When I make comments, I make every single one different so it feels more real. Just my opinion on it. It takes more time, but I think people are more receptive this way. As a woman I can reach out to YT channels most of you aren't visiting. :) haha!

beardedlinen
10-10-2011, 02:44 AM
Committed and armed with fliers in NJ.

dusman
10-10-2011, 04:57 AM
Bump.

mport1
10-10-2011, 07:09 AM
Posting this great video today on my Facebook and Twitter accounts. I think it will get some good responses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkZ19lK6KxY&feature=share

10,114 likes on Facebook as of right now. Let's cross cross way beyond 10,500 today. We need to go for 11,000!

dusman
10-10-2011, 07:26 AM
Bump in the hope there are seriously more than 20 people on these forums willing to commit a little bit of their time to help promote this moneybomb.

NickOdell
10-10-2011, 08:05 AM
bump

Up early and putting my time in. Would like to see some new people join in on this...

qwerty
10-10-2011, 08:07 AM
why we do this ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6G4DP8CRvE

Fr0m_3ur0pe
10-10-2011, 08:08 AM
Almost finished with the sing bomb FB walls, those people are the one who are the GRASSROOTS so i think they will help on this!

You're from Europe, so what do you do all that 4 hours? Spam facebook to your US friends? I'm not offending, this is a honest question..

qwerty
10-10-2011, 08:20 AM
You're from Europe, so what do you do all that 4 hours? Spam facebook to your US friends? I'm not offending, this is a honest question..

Post facebook walls, send pmīs to youtubers who comment favorable about Ron Paul. I use my official youtube channel to promote this also(pretty big one).'

We have to comment on FB walls all the time, cause there are so many messages coming so the people wonīt see it otherwise...

Fr0m_3ur0pe
10-10-2011, 08:22 AM
Post facebook walls, send pmīs to youtubers who comment favorable about Ron Paul. I use my official youtube channel to promote this also(pretty big one).'

We have to comment on FB walls all the time, cause there are so many messages coming so the people wonīt see it otherwise...
Thanks, I will try to be more active on Youtube.

qwerty
10-10-2011, 08:24 AM
Thanks, I will try to be more active on Youtube.

Also commenting ron paul related articles would be nice... :)

trey4sports
10-10-2011, 09:42 AM
yup i'm in. I'm going to comment on news articles primarily, and youtube videos as well. With a hint of twitter magic mixed in.

dusman
10-10-2011, 11:44 AM
Bumpity Bump Bump. Get committed! Just 1 hour.. 9 days. That's easy!

TwoJ
10-10-2011, 11:50 AM
Just submitted up a fb ads campaign, going to see how much it will spend a day and if it's not too much I am also going to start up some small banner buys.

Crotale
10-10-2011, 01:01 PM
Just done my hour, still promoting it though. :)

Crotale
10-10-2011, 01:02 PM
Just submitted up a fb ads campaign, going to see how much it will spend a day and if it's not too much I am also going to start up some small banner buys.

Definately good do with some banners on infowars.com. Why not set-up a chipin?

dusman
10-10-2011, 01:06 PM
Definately good do with some banners on infowars.com. Why not set-up a chipin?

Good idea, I think. Bump.

Crotale
10-10-2011, 02:17 PM
Good idea, I think. Bump.

I know you have a lot on your plate dusman, but perhaps you would be in a great position to set this up being webmaster and stuff. Compared to the work you're already putting in, this would be a minor triviality. :)

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?321874-Chip-in-to-advertise-Black-This-Out-on-infowars.com

Btw, a MASSIVE thank you for the work you are putting in. There are so many people busting a gut for this and I respect and admire that.

harikaried
10-10-2011, 02:30 PM
Maybe even easier.. for everyone that is attending the Facebook event (10,420 right now), if everyone can find just one more person this week... we should be good to hit 25,000 by the 19th!

Cleaner44
10-10-2011, 02:50 PM
When you say traffic exchanges.. what do you have in mind?

Concept
A traffic exchange website receives website submissions from users that join traffic exchange networks. The person who submitted the website then has to browse other member sites on the exchange program to earn credits, which enable their sites to be viewed by other members through the surf system. This increases the number of visitors to all the sites involved.

Exchanges enforce a certain credit ratio, which illustrates the amount of websites the surfer must view in order to receive one hit through the program for their promoted website. Many sites offer the ability to upgrade one’s membership level for a more equal credit ratio.

As the viewers are all website owners or affiliates, it is possible that some might find certain member sites interesting and thus make note of them on their own sites, sending more traffic their way. Most traffic programs also impose a time limit when members are browsing, ranging from 10 seconds to 60 seconds.

Almost all traffic exchange programs are free, although many of them offer special features to paid members and offer credits for purchase. Almost all traffic exchange programs encourage users to build their own referral networks, which in turn increases the referrers’ amount of credits.

The traffic generated in a traffic exchange can be leveraged by using a downline builder to assist the user in building a referral network in the many different traffic exchanges.

In practice, traffic exchange programs are generally used by small business owners or marketers who either want free advertising or use the exchange programs for low-budget advertisement campaigns.

Using Traffic Exchanges Effectively
The key to using traffic exchanges is understanding that the person will only be viewing your site for 10–20 seconds. Rather than sending the person to your website, you should be sending them to a specific advertisement designed for traffic exchanges. The most effective are squeeze pages or splash pages, which have a simple headline, description, and opt-in form for an autoresponder. Then the surfer can easily type their email address in and receive more information about your product or services at a later time.

Traffic Exchange Providers

TrafficEra.com

Hit2Hit.com

WebmasterQuest.com

DragonSurf.biz

Blue-Surf.net

Traffic-Splash.com

TezakTrafficPower.com

StartXchange.com

ILoveHits.com

Sweeva.com

Cleaner44
10-10-2011, 02:53 PM
Free Internet Classified Ads

Craigslist.org
ClassifiedsForFree.com
Recycler.com
USFreeads.com
TheFreeAdForum.com
SaleSpider.com
DomesticSale.com
PennySaverUSA.com
AdlandPro.com
Oodle.com
Ablewise.com
USNetAds.com
AdtoAd.com
iNetGiant.com
freeadscity.com
olx.com
ad4free.net
adgridwork.com
useads.com

Crotale
10-10-2011, 03:05 PM
Cleaner, you have some interesting ideas.

Why not repost them on the planning and promotion thread for further exploration:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?316961-Black-This-Out-Want-6-000-000-We-Need-THE-ENTIRE-MONTH-for-Promotion-amp-25-000-Attendees

dusman
10-10-2011, 04:16 PM
bump.

trey4sports
10-10-2011, 04:21 PM
traffic exchanges are worthless

1stAmendguy
10-10-2011, 04:29 PM
I spent about 30 mins today promoting on YouTube and plan to do more on there later tonight. Like a few other posters here, I'm searching for people who make positive comments about RP in videos and sending those people private messages informing them about BTO and encouraging them to attend on Facebook, pledge on the site, and of course to donate on the 19th. I'm being forced to take break right now, YouTube's told me I've recently posted several messages:D

brenton
10-10-2011, 04:38 PM
i'm excited about the effort behind this moneybomb, as it is, but 100 supporters pledging one hour a day until the 19th would be INCREDIBLE. come on guys, let's do this!

Sentinelrv
10-10-2011, 05:50 PM
I sent a reminder to everybody Dusman. Surprisingly, some voted yes without realizing what they signed up for, so they agreed to do it.

davidt!
10-10-2011, 05:51 PM

Here are a couple of other things you can do too:

1. Here is another way that I have been promoting on facebook. Whenever someone posts on a Ron Paul fb wall you can click on that persons name. If that person is "attending" BTO, it will be listed on the right side of their homepage. It will say something like "you and "fred" share black this out". If it doesn't say that then they have not pledged to attend and you can send them a private message with info about the moneybomb.

2. You can send emails to members on this list with moneybomb info http://ronpaul.meetup.com/all/

Bobcat
10-10-2011, 06:01 PM
Anyone who supports Ron Paul needs to realize this is the most important money bomb of the entire campaign. This is an opportunity to obtain the money we need to BUY the coverage, that the mainstream media will NOT give us.

davidt!
10-10-2011, 10:08 PM
Bumo

Crotale
10-10-2011, 11:11 PM
Nice idea, sending out those reminders. :)

dusman
10-11-2011, 11:07 AM
bump. 32 is unacceptable! :)

NickOdell
10-11-2011, 04:33 PM
bump

I have the rest of the day off, going to spend at least 4-5 hours promoting this. If I can do that, you can give 1 hour. Hell, even 10 minutes helps, its better than nothing!

dusman
10-11-2011, 04:38 PM
That's fine.. I guess everyone else doesn't want a 1oz silver Ron Paul coin.. hint hint. :D Oh, how quickly this number will go up after tonight.

davidt!
10-12-2011, 12:03 AM
Only 33? Really?

harikaried
10-12-2011, 12:14 AM
If it doesn't say that then they have not pledged to attend and you can send them a private message with info about the moneybomb.Personal message is key. Even if they don't support Ron Paul as much, the whole point of this moneybomb is highlighting the media bias. And just ask if they have just $5 to spare -- skip a drink for a meal or two.

qwerty
10-12-2011, 12:20 AM
Only 33? Really?

We just must do it the people we have! I know we can!

Most of the people here are JUST TALK, thatīs why we are also so low in polls. People who fight for the cause are so busy doing it that they donīt have that much time to hang out here. I have cause my only option is to fight this online...

McDermit
10-12-2011, 12:21 AM
I've been busy on fb and youtube... just not posting about it much.

I use my ipad/droid for just about everything, so I can get a new ip just by switching to airport mode for a second. And I have 20+ aged facebook accts that I use for marketing, so I'm always busy. Lol.

davidt!
10-12-2011, 12:33 AM
I've been busy on fb and youtube... just not posting about it much.

I use my ipad/droid for just about everything, so I can get a new ip just by switching to airport mode for a second. And I have 20+ aged facebook accts that I use for marketing, so I'm always busy. Lol.
Awesome!

davidt!
10-12-2011, 10:59 AM
Bump

harikaried
10-12-2011, 03:25 PM
Another important thing to do is asking other people if they know Ron Paul supporters that haven't pledged. This is especially useful for friends that don't live in the US but like Ron Paul.

dusman
10-12-2011, 03:46 PM
Pledge competition is live! Go to http://www.blackthisout.com