PDA

View Full Version : When are we going to slow down?!?

goRPaul
11-05-2007, 06:01 PM
I've been expecting the fundraising to level off, but it just isn't happening. I thought we'd slow down, but I guess not, we're gonna keep it going.

It feels like the scene in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (the old one with Gene Wilder) where they're on the boat in the tunnel and he's singing that creepy song- "There's no knowing where we're going... there's no signs that we are slowing!"

Today has exceeded my wildest expectations!!

Hook
11-05-2007, 06:05 PM
I think their transaction processor has a huge backlog. That is only thing that can explain why the line is so perfectly linear. I suspect that what we are seeing is about 500,000 to 1 mill behind. When the money keeps catching up after midnight, I hope they still count it as Nov 5. money.

ItsTime
11-05-2007, 06:05 PM
Transaction date = the day that it was donated I believe. So if your bank statement says the 5th its the 5th.

I think their transaction processor has a huge backlog. That is only thing that can explain why the line is so perfectly linear. I suspect that what we are seeing is about 500,000 to 1 mill behind. When the money keeps catching up after midnight, I hope they still count it as Nov 5. money.

Abyss19562
11-05-2007, 06:06 PM
I agree. I bet ya tomorrow morning when I get on it will be up by like a million more. There is so many donations it can't keep up !!

Brian Bailey
11-05-2007, 06:09 PM
I donated at 7 a.m. and didn't even get my email confirmation until 3 p.m.

tsopranos
11-05-2007, 06:09 PM
It feels like the scene in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (the old one with Gene Wilder) where they're on the boat in the tunnel and he's singing that creepy song- "There's no knowing where we're going... there's no signs that we are slowing!"

lol - I had to sing that part when I read it

hornet
11-05-2007, 06:12 PM
I donated at 7 a.m. and didn't even get my email confirmation until 3 p.m.

yeah i donated 2 hrs. ago and no confirmation either but i take that as a very good sign!

Mortikhi
11-05-2007, 06:19 PM
They probably turned off the confirmation emails to save cpu clock cycles :D

BLS
11-05-2007, 06:24 PM
And I thought last night was taking off at midnight...

Look at 8am this morning until now...

http://paulcash.slact.net/today-paulcash.png

goRPaul
11-05-2007, 06:25 PM

Thanks for that explanation. Who knows how big this day is really gonna be.

Lmfao, at your picture. I'm tellin ya

HalogenFlood
11-05-2007, 06:38 PM
I don't think it's going to slow down at all. In fact, I suspect there will be a slight uptick around 11:00 pm EST as repeat donors jump in again to push the meter over the top.

MozoVote
11-05-2007, 06:40 PM
There is probably something of a positive feedback loop taking place now, as the MSM runs articles about it.

Hook
11-05-2007, 06:45 PM
I don't think it's going to slow down at all. In fact, I suspect there will be a slight uptick around 11:00 pm EST as repeat donors jump in again to push the meter over the top.

It won't go any faster because the limiting factor is the transaction processor. It will just add more to the backlog and therefore take longer to finish tomorrow morning.

Richandler
11-05-2007, 06:48 PM
Haha, we just need to keep donating and the news reports tomorrow are going to say Ron Paul raises 4 million dollars in one day crushing all other candidates!

ronpaul4pres
11-05-2007, 07:39 PM
It won't go any faster because the limiting factor is the transaction processor. It will just add more to the backlog and therefore take longer to finish tomorrow morning.

You'd think they'd buy more processing power. It's not like they don't have the money. :)

It would be a bit sad not to have everything counted in one day, but at least tomorrow will have a very nice spill-over.

peacemonger
11-05-2007, 07:50 PM
5.4M end of Q3 cash on hand
-0.5M (radio ads)
-1.2M (TV ads)
-0.3M (misc.)
+7.6M (Q4 estimated by midnight)
=========
11 Million Cash on hand tomorrow morning with no debt

We are going to win this damn thing!!!

Second_Tier_My_Ass
11-05-2007, 07:52 PM
maybe our backlog spillover into tomorrow will be enough to break our own record which we set today.

that would be fantastic.

two days in a row with the MSM reporting basically the same story.

Exponent
11-05-2007, 07:57 PM
I doubt their server is capped at ~200,000 transactions per hour. It seems like there's too much variability and not enough signs of a plateau in the donation rate. It looks far more natural than artificial (from http://paulcash.slact.net/):

http://paulcash.slact.net/today-paulpeople.png

In fact, donations per hour has been slowly going up as dollars per hour has been steady or dropping slightly, meaning that more people are donating, but the amounts are slightly smaller. Probably people who have already donated, but are addicted, and can't stop giving even more. :)

nullvalu
11-05-2007, 08:01 PM
Lmfao, at your picture. I'm tellin ya

LMAO that picture rocks.. He's catching on!

merlin
11-05-2007, 08:02 PM

The dog got me up at midnight last night, so I went online at 5 past the hour here in Indiana and made my donation. I never did get a confirmation email; but the money shows as a pending transaction against my Mastercard, so I know it hit.

torchbearer
11-05-2007, 08:15 PM
I doubt their server is capped at ~200,000 transactions per hour. It seems like there's too much variability and not enough signs of a plateau in the donation rate. It looks far more natural than artificial (from http://paulcash.slact.net/):

http://paulcash.slact.net/today-paulpeople.png

In fact, donations per hour has been slowly going up as dollars per hour has been steady or dropping slightly, meaning that more people are donating, but the amounts are slightly smaller. Probably people who have already donated, but are addicted, and can't stop giving even more. :)

The size of donations could change naturally, while the number of transactions are on a flat line, that is very possible... and very probable.

asdf
11-05-2007, 08:20 PM
Hmm, someone with an online statement should donate and see how long it takes for their cc to get charged. That would give us some idea of the backlog.

Exponent
11-05-2007, 08:24 PM
The size of donations could change naturally, while the number of transactions are on a flat line, that is very possible... and very probable.
That was the number of donors graph. The dollars per hour is a little more variable, but not much more. Average donation size is only slowly (and rather steadily) creeping downward as the day progresses.