PDA

View Full Version : FBI - Citizens With No Ties to Terror Groups Present 'Serious National Security Threat'

Anti Federalist
10-09-2011, 11:05 AM
And to think, I was getting grief over comparing the 2012 "machine candidates" to Stalin and Hitler...:rolleyes:

They all, to a man, support this.

FBI Director Vows More Use of ‘Lone Wolf’ Provision of Patriot Act

Citizens With No Ties to Terror Groups Present 'Serious National Security Threat'
by Jason Ditz, October 07, 2011

http://news.antiwar.com/2011/10/07/fbi-director-vows-more-use-of-lone-wolf-provision-of-patriot-act/

Testifying yesterday in Congress, FBI Director Robert Mueller and National Counterterrorism Center director Matthew Olsen both agreed that the seldom used “lone wolf” provision of the USA PATRIOT Act, a provision which allows broad intelligence gathering of people with no actual terrorism ties, would become much more widely used in the months and years to come.

Indeed, while Mueller claimed the FBI had never once used the “lone wolf” provision, but that US citizens with no actually ties to terror groups pose a “serious national security threat” and would need to be targeted more.

Olsen concurred with this sentiment, adding that such people are “probably the greatest challenge that we face.” The two also agreed that Congress needs to give them even more broad surveillance powers, citing the popularity of Android-based smartphones.

The FBI’s surveillance of Americans remains a serious issue, though the widespread classification of government records means the true extent of the policy may never be known. Thus while Mueller assures that no one has ever been targeted as a “lone wolf,” they continue to target American citizens for lawful activities.

Kylie
10-09-2011, 11:10 AM
God I hate these bastards.

Bunch of paranoid sociopaths they are.

Danke
10-09-2011, 11:14 AM
"The two also agreed that Congress needs to give them even more broad surveillance powers, citing the popularity of Android-based smartphones."

What? Why Android-based smartphones?

Agorism
10-09-2011, 11:15 AM
Maybe he wants to collect data on Ron Paul supporters.

Agorism
10-09-2011, 11:19 AM
Does Rand Paul want to defund the CIA and FBI like Ron Paul if he runs in 2016?

Ronulus
10-09-2011, 11:21 AM
Then we all become Thought Criminals.

phill4paul
10-09-2011, 11:21 AM
The hunt for 'Lone Wolfs', with no known terror ties, coupled with the ability of the executive to be judge, jury and executioner without public transparency equals the end of political dissent. What we have all feared is finally here. WE are all targets. This should be the first thought as we awake and the last as we lay down. The mechanics that are needed to create tyranical states have come to the U.S.

Anti Federalist
10-09-2011, 11:35 AM
The hunt for 'Lone Wolfs', with no known terror ties, coupled with the ability of the executive to be judge, jury and executioner without public transparency equals the end of political dissent. What we have all feared is finally here. WE are all targets. This should be the first thought as we awake and the last as we lay down.

The mechanics that are needed to create tyrannical states have come to the U.S.

Plus, fucking, rep, my friend.

It's all in place, the surveillance grid, the legal framework, the heavily armed enforcers, the prison network, the proper pliability and stupidity of a dumbed down, zoned out, mob of zombie citizens ready and willing to give their blessing to anything that government does, just so long as they "stay safe"...

phill4paul
10-09-2011, 12:03 PM
It's all in place, the surveillance grid, the legal framework, the heavily armed enforcers, the prison network, the proper pliability and stupidity of a dumbed down, zoned out, mob of zombie citizens ready and willing to give their blessing to anything that government does, just so long as they "stay safe"...

Add to that the control of media (by corporate interests), a single party (they are the same coin) and control of the economy (Fed Reserve) and you pretty much have the definition Totalitarianism.
However, the way our system is set up it is a combination of both Totalitarianism and Authoritarianism.
Call it Totalauthoritarianism.

Becker
10-09-2011, 12:19 PM
what about the ones who do have ties?

Anti Federalist
10-09-2011, 12:19 PM

Ties to what?

Brian4Liberty
10-09-2011, 12:44 PM
2+2=5

http://www.freezethefascism.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/big-brother.jpg

He gazed up at the enormous face. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark moustache. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.

moderate libertarian
10-09-2011, 12:57 PM

All those with such ties are not being treated same way, not clear if their race is a factor here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?319795-Could-Adam-Gadahn-be-Obama-s-next-target-for-extra-judicial-killing

These there are these accusations:

Obama worked with terrorist

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=57231

Barack Obama’s Ties To Radical Terrorist Groups Coming Out
October 6, 2008

http://www.dirtfromtexas.com/barak-obamas-ties-to-radical-terrorist-groups-coming-out/

Becker
10-09-2011, 01:00 PM
Ties to what?

read your own thread title?

Anti Federalist
10-09-2011, 01:03 PM

Yeah I gotcha, ties to terror groups.

Ok, now what?

Are you suggesting that as long as government says you do "have ties" that this is OK?

pcosmar
10-09-2011, 01:04 PM

Are you really Glen?

flightlesskiwi
10-09-2011, 01:05 PM
"The two also agreed that Congress needs to give them even more broad surveillance powers, citing the popularity of Android-based smartphones."

What? Why Android-based smartphones?

follow the link and your question is answered:

The FBI director also said his agency has found the "roving wiretap" provision essential. The language allows investigators to obtain wiretap orders attached to particular individuals who may switch modes of communication, rather than specific phone lines.

"In this day and age where you can dispose of cell phones and SIM cards within a matter of minutes, change numbers and the like, it's essential to be able to swiftly move to the new number as opposed to having to draft another application and go back to a court," he said.

However, he said digital communications still present a challenge unmet by surveillance law, with iPhones, Android phones and other smart mobile devices that can communicate using e-mail and multiple texting formats that their communications carriers might not track. Court orders to obtain communications instruct carriers to turn over information from phones and other devices. But, Mueller said, given the proliferation of formats, carriers in some cases may simply lack the ability to respond to those orders.

"What we need to do is look at mechanisms to ensure that when a court issues an order directing that conversations or communications be collected by the carrier and turned over to the federal government, that there is the capability by that carrier to be responsive," he said.

Federal officials have been discussing legislative proposals for Congress, he said.

http://old.news.yahoo.com/s/cq/20111006/pl_cq_politics/politics000003958086

not only is this a f*cking police state, your cellphone bill is gonna go up. and there will probably be another tax thrown onto it.

John F Kennedy III
10-09-2011, 01:18 PM
Plus, fucking, rep, my friend.

FEMA camps...

DamianTV
10-09-2011, 01:38 PM
Testifying yesterday in Congress, FBI Director Robert Mueller and National Counterterrorism Center director Matthew Olsen both agreed that the seldom used “lone wolf” provision of the USA PATRIOT Act, a provision which allows broad intelligence gathering of people with no actual terrorism ties, would become much more widely used in the months and years to come.

The way I read this as, they know things are going to get a lot worse, and they have every intention of doing things that are going to piss that many more people off than what they are currently doing. Shit is about to get real folks.

Kylie
10-09-2011, 01:44 PM
The way I read this as, they know things are going to get a lot worse, and they have every intention of doing things that are going to piss that many more people off than what they are currently doing. Shit is about to get real folks.

And my husband thinks I'm a fucking nut because I want to get the hell out of here and find a place in the middle of nowhere.

THIS is what I want to get away from. THIS is what I want to protect my children from. Talk about feeling like a failure.

You can't hide from this when it's everywhere.

Becker
10-09-2011, 01:45 PM
Are you really Glen?

?? lol, are you saying Glen Becker?

Bordillo
10-09-2011, 01:49 PM
this is like V for Vendetta

flightlesskiwi
10-09-2011, 01:51 PM
And my husband thinks I'm a fucking nut because I want to get the hell out of here and find a place in the middle of nowhere.

THIS is what I want to get away from. THIS is what I want to protect my children from. Talk about feeling like a failure.

You can't hide from this when it's everywhere.

you answered your own dilemma.

i'm not saying all will be well, but you already have a leg-up over the majority of the population. you know what to expect and what to look out for because you know what's been happening, what is happening currently, and what will be happening shortly.

rest in it. and keep your eyes open.

CaptainAmerica
10-09-2011, 01:52 PM
Lone wolf? There is no such thing as lone wolf. These idiots really love to demonize people that just want to be left alone.

pcosmar
10-09-2011, 02:00 PM
?? lol, are you saying Glen Becker?

Saying? No.
I was asking.
;)

JoshLowry
10-09-2011, 02:02 PM
God I hate these bastards.

Bunch of paranoid sociopaths they are.

I'd be insecure about my safety if my day job involved stealing from and pissing off savvy individuals.