PDA

View Full Version : What idiot thought it was a good idea to have an occupation protest in the fall?

libertybrewcity
10-08-2011, 11:22 PM
Yea, after October comes November and December and January and February.

Cold weather...high winds...snow...blizzards...ice.

I bet thousands will be packing those parks.

Pshh. Give it an April or May start date and you would have had a good solid summer to take it to the man.

Becker
10-08-2011, 11:40 PM
I prefer cold weather over hot weather to be honest with you.

moderate libertarian
10-09-2011, 12:13 AM

Not to mention every body serves as a natural thermal heater when camped out :) But you need massive numbers to keep things warm.

steph3n
10-09-2011, 12:14 AM

Exactly, less water, no 'need' for AC tents etc, easier to make heat than make cool.

Plus you know some of those 'tents' will be having some natural body heat action going too......

Becker
10-09-2011, 12:25 AM
Exactly, less water, no 'need' for AC tents etc, easier to make heat than make cool.

Plus you know some of those 'tents' will be having some natural body heat action going too......

if anybody prefers the smell of body odor, sweat, people complaining about water, be my guest.

sure, hot weather might mean more topless hippie girls.

The Goat
10-09-2011, 12:35 AM
Its in new york, I have no right to comment liking the cold being in south carolina. lol, but I would prefer a 20deg protest over a 100deg protest any day. also, gives an oppurtunity to throw snow balls at people, like Sean Hannity.

Pauls' Revere
10-09-2011, 12:37 AM

Pshh. Give it an April or May start date and you would have had a good solid summer to take it to the man.

Sorry, I read the title and the thought of Hitler's occupation in the Russian winter came mind.

bluesc
10-09-2011, 12:40 AM
Any protest involving our folks will always have people there. We are dedicated as hell. The liberals will all go home once it gets cold. I say we occupy Fox in January and throw snowballs at Hannity everyday as he walks past. It's worth it to watch him cry every night.

Tarzan
10-09-2011, 12:47 AM

They could add this to their list of demands:

Free cold weather gear so we can keep protesting.
Free hot meals provided by NY restaurants.
Free hotel rooms where we can get warm and shower and sleep.
Free Taxi service to and from the protest sites.
Pay illegal immigrants to march in our place for minimum wage so we don't get cold.

Raudsarw
10-09-2011, 12:50 AM
When it gets cold all the hipsters will be gone. The hardcore will remain, and maybe we'll actually have a protest movement that know what they're protesting against, the Federal Reserve and crony capitalism, not vague concepts like "greed".

John F Kennedy III
10-09-2011, 02:03 AM
Any protest involving our folks will always have people there. We are dedicated as hell. The liberals will all go home once it gets cold. I say we occupy Fox in January and throw snowballs at Hannity everyday as he walks past. It's worth it to watch him cry every night.

Brick filled snowballs :)

Tarzan
10-10-2011, 12:23 AM
Winter and the October Revolution
On the other hand this is not the first such "uprising" to get started in October... and in a location that gets a lot colder than the US.

In October of 1917 a coup d'état occurred in Russia. This coup overthrew the leftist government that had taken power after the fall of the Tsar. So, one group co-opted a revolution and took power with a well focused and dedicated core of activists. This group Bolsheviks, also known as the Reds... hence the phrase Red October. Perhaps the start of OWS, planned by a marketing company, is not a coincidence.

The October Revolution
Red October

stand by for premier Soros ;)