PDA

View Full Version : What's with the Reddit obsession?

libertybrewcity
10-08-2011, 11:11 PM
I am going to take a wild guess and say it must have played a large roll in 2008. Personally, the only place I have ever heard Reddit mentioned is on this forum site.

If we get something voted up, how does that benefit us? It seems like it just means a bunch of liberals will get to see a RP article. Does it get pushed up in other news sites like the google news feed? Let me know!

Birdlady
10-08-2011, 11:22 PM
It gets a lot more attention than you think. My BTO video easily got 2k views from there alone. Definitely vote stuff up so we can bring more attention to this money bomb!

RonPaulCult
10-08-2011, 11:27 PM
Reddit is extremely popular with 20 and 30 somethings and a lot of people get their news from it. I would say it has one of the highest populations of Ron Paul supporters (not hardcore but people who just like him) or any website on the internet.

Naturally there are a lot of Obama people on there as well. But most people there respect him for his stances on the war, on the drug war, and just always telling it like he sees it. Reddit has RESPECT for Ron Paul, and millions and millions of people go there each day.

I hope that gives you an idea of why people suggest upvotes for their links.....

bluesc
10-08-2011, 11:28 PM
For pushing Ron Paul videos/moneyboms, only r/libertarian is useful, and is the only place containing politically aware people. Anywhere else is full of liberals. I'd say on a scale of 1-10 in usefulness for the campaign, it is a 2. I still upvote things on request.

I only really go there for the lulz.

lucent
10-08-2011, 11:39 PM
Reddit used to be inhabited by those of us that got sick of Digg and was largely a libertarian haven. Then the liberals moved in with large numbers and the libertarians left as a result.

emr1028
10-08-2011, 11:41 PM
Reddit has a politics section that has several hundred thousand people, many of whom view Paul in a favorable light, although obviously not everybody does. It's also growing, which means that having a pretty constant stream of pro-Paul links at the top of the page is a good way to reach potential supporters. There is also a libertarian section which has something like 40k (registered) readers, and thus is a good place to organize.

qwerty
10-09-2011, 12:32 AM
Eh, easily more publicity....thatīs the simple answer...

bluesc
10-09-2011, 12:36 AM
Reddit has a politics section that has several hundred thousand people, many of whom view Paul in a favorable light, although obviously not everybody does. It's also growing, which means that having a pretty constant stream of pro-Paul links at the top of the page is a good way to reach potential supporters. There is also a libertarian section which has something like 40k (registered) readers, and thus is a good place to organize.

The mods in r/politics censor any pro-conservative or pro-Ron Paul submissions. Only a few actually get through. r/libertarian is the only political subreddit worth visiting, apart from r/ronpaul, obviously.

Paulistinian
10-09-2011, 12:41 AM
yeah /r/politics banned a popular ron paul supporter named cheney_healthcare.