PDA

View Full Version : Black This Out Rally in NYC, OCT 19 6am to 12am

Pages : [1] 2

speciallyblend
10-08-2011, 07:22 PM
with all the lies coming from fox,cnn and msnbc!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad: Why not Occupy MSM and promote the blackthisout and ron paul by showing americans the lies of the msm,fox,cnn.msnbc!!!! it is being done look below

BLACKTHISOUT NYC TODAY ,please donate,call,flyer and request everyone donate to www.ronpaul2012.com (http://www.ronpaul2012.com)

RPF and ron paul supporters are representing today check link and pic http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=185387714872689 (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=185387714872689)

arrow down on comments in fb to see the pic of folks going to blackthisout nyc

CNN was covered today :p

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/307586_10150431180782953_663957952_10112154_539512 685_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/299629_10150431192652953_663957952_10112196_118159 8670_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/301043_10150431415662953_663957952_10113951_149564 2103_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/303240_10150431430112953_663957952_10114183_123479 9099_n.jpg

If you can attend please do or spread to folks you know can in the area!!! Updates to come ASAP as they come!
Facebook link
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=185387714872689

Daily Paul Link, Please upvote and comment it!

http://www.dailypaul.com/182190/blac...h-oct-12pm-6pm (http://www.dailypaul.com/182190/blackthisout-protest-promotion-at-fox-cnn-msnbc-hq-in-ny-15th-19th-oct-12pm-6pm)

Justinpagewood is making graphic for FB event page:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=185387714872689 (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=185387714872689)

People, please, tweet about this with link to FB event page, post about it on FB, Tou Tube and everywhere else you can. Let's make it huge! There is not much time left but if we can get significant number of people to attend at FB event page it would be clear indicator we can pull this off. And I know we can! Is this r3VOLution or isn't?! Onward!

kahless
10-08-2011, 07:57 PM
I think it would scare the shit out of them and be embarrassing for them. That would be more effective than the Wall Street protests since I suspect it would have an outcome of forcing them to fact check and report rather than be propaganda machines.

lucky_bg
10-08-2011, 08:09 PM
+rep I like idea very much. It's win-win tactic. Embarrass MSM and promot BlackThisOut moneybomb.

speciallyblend
10-08-2011, 08:15 PM
+rep I like idea very much. It's win-win tactic. Embarrass MSM and promot BlackThisOut moneybomb.

we need rpf to launch this josh,bryan and rpf members would need to push this hard. Hey josh what do you think? If so we could launch it next week before the moneybomb at least 5-7 days before it and after to!! pick the nyc hq (fox/msnbc) and atlanta(cnn) then start listing the major localstations in the states! and go for a full out rally for the republic in front of everyone of them!!! OCCUPY MSM blackthisout MF

lucky_bg
10-08-2011, 08:34 PM
we need rpf to launch this josh,bryan and rpf members would need to push this hard. Hey josh what do you think? If so we could launch it next week before the moneybomb at least 5-7 days before it and after to!! pick the nyc hq (fox/msnbc) and atlanta(cnn) then start listing the major localstations in the states! and go for a full out rally for the republic in front of everyone of them!!! OCCUPY MSM blackthisout MF

Well, I would say let's focus on this two locations - nyc hq (fox/msnbc) and atlanta(cnn), and forget about local stations. It would be symbolic. We want to send a message, first of all. General message that we will fight media blackout and specific messege about BlackThisOut moneybomb as our first response to that.

So, let's focus our strength and have decent showing at two locations (actually three) and that would be enough. They wouldn't be keen on reporting on that, but all other kind of media would. It would make additional buzz about BTO moneybomb. If we can pull it off, ofcourse.

speciallyblend
10-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Well, I would say let's focus on this two locations - nyc hq (fox/msnbc) and atlanta(cnn), and forget about local stations. It would be symbolic. We want to send a message, first of all. General message that we will fight media blackout and specific messege about BlackThisOut moneybomb as our first response to that.

So, let's focus our strength and have decent showing at two locations (actually three) and that would be enough. They wouldn't be keen on reporting on that, but all other kind of media would. It would make additional buzz about BTO moneybomb. If we can pull it off, ofcourse.

i agree, so the focus would have to be meet ups in georgia, and ny and surrounding! someone would need to put a flyer together showing some of the lies and misleading from the media for folks to passout while there and blackthisout of course!! So is anyone in georgia or NY ready to help on this???

i was thinking local for folks like me in colorado since i cannot get to atlanta or nyc:(

Steve-in-NY
10-08-2011, 08:59 PM
Are you talking a 24/7 media protest + black this out/Ron Paul promotion?

speciallyblend
10-08-2011, 09:04 PM
Are you talking a 24/7 media protest + black this out/Ron Paul promotion?

yes , if we have the folks to pull it off, we could create chipins to help folks stay there if we have to:) whatever it takes but occupy MSM atlanta and nyc!!! i am f'in pissed . i could go protest in denver for sure, but it would have to be folks on the east coast for the main HQ!!

we could also pick a few key stations in western and mid west states so more folks could be involved but the main one would need to be nyc and atlanta!!

WarNoMore
10-08-2011, 09:06 PM
Alex Jones did a pretty good job rallying people to the feds in Dallas and Houston on short notice, if we reached out to him and got him to promote a blackthisout protest of the media networks I think it could draw a sizable crowd. Wearechange could help in NY as well.

GetTech
10-08-2011, 09:27 PM
^ good idea why not try to get him involved more here.

lucky_bg
10-08-2011, 09:27 PM
Again me, but on second thought as CNN have headquarters in New York as well as in Atlanta (Time Warner center), maybe it would be good to "occupy" them also in New York. It would be easier to organise it, and Ron certainly have much more supporters in New York.

Also, it don't have to be OWS kind of occupying, meaning around the clock 24h protest - it can be daily protest for a couple of days before BTO moneybomb, that would last a couple of hours every day. That way, we can have few hundreds of protestors in front of every of three MSM headquarters in New York, passing out fliers about BTO moneybomb, with lap tops so people can pledge to donate on 19th right on the spot, and we can organise some of Liberty movement well known persons to visit and adress them every day. Like Tom Woods, Adam Kokesh, Mike Church, actually all the people that organised Liberty fest.

As many of our members are somehow attracted to OWS, there is oportunity for them, and all other Ron paul supporters in New York to protest in a useful way, promoting BTO moneybomb.

So, it wouldn't be occupying in the full meaning of word, but it would be in the sense that it wouldn't be one day protest, it would be repeated for a couple of days. And I bet that that live promotion of BTO moneybomb with lap tops at hand offering people who are supportive to pledge on the spot would have much better results then online promotion. We would get thousands more pledges, for sure.

John F Kennedy III
10-08-2011, 09:34 PM
Alex Jones did a pretty good job rallying people to the feds in Dallas and Houston on short notice, if we reached out to him and got him to promote a blackthisout protest of the media networks I think it could draw a sizable crowd. Wearechange could help in NY as well.

This. It can be huge with his help :)

moderate libertarian
10-08-2011, 09:38 PM
I suspect this idea could really catch on and grow as part of American Spring.

speciallyblend
10-08-2011, 09:38 PM

the last time in 2008 i approached alex jones for grassroots help. The only thing that got his interest was $$$$$$$$$$$. so i said f it!

lucky_bg
10-08-2011, 09:41 PM
If we can get RevolutionPac interested in this, they would be perfect to organise it. And Alex Jones can help, ofcourse, as well as many others. But, if we want something really serious and effective, then we need serious organisation. It's not small thing, and it can not be spontaneous manifestation, because we don't want any incidents, bad publicity, etc.

kah13176
Let's do this.

speciallyblend
I suspect this idea could really catch on and grow as part of American Spring.

fly model drones around the city to:) :) with lil msm painted on the bottom:) joking i think:)

yeah i think this could be huge especially if we focus on nyc and the 3 msm networks!!

speciallyblend
10-08-2011, 09:42 PM
If we can get RevolutionPac interested in this, they would be perfect to organise it. And Alex Jones can help, ofcourse, as well as many others. But, if we want something really serious and effective, then we need serious organisation. It's not small thing, and it can not be spontaneous manifestation, because we don't want any incidents, bad publicity, etc.

i totally agree!!!

lucky_bg
10-08-2011, 09:47 PM
Let's have AdamT's opinion for beginning. And Deborah's, and some other people from NY. Adam Kokesh is crazy about protests generaly, I tweeted to him to take a look at this thread. Will post on his thread about OWS too. Let's have more opinions.

Tod
10-08-2011, 10:00 PM
with all the lies coming from fox,cnn and msnbc!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad ::mad::mad: Why not Occupy MSM and promote the blackthisout and ron paul by showing americans the lies of the msm,fox,cnn.msnbc!!!!

We have the numbers to protest state local stations and national!! OCCUPY MSM NOW, i know rpf could pull this off in less then 2-4 days if we worked at this!!! just an idea!!!! would have alot of pr to it.

I like this! +rep!

lucky_bg
10-09-2011, 06:19 AM
Bump!

speciallyblend
10-09-2011, 07:37 AM
blimpin

acptulsa
10-09-2011, 07:49 AM
Occupy? I'm thinking AlexMerced is right, and we need to think not in terms of occupation, but in terms of liberation. Has the deliberate trashing of the economy left us with enough scratch to pull off a Buy Rupert's Ass Out And Gain Control Of Fox Moneybomb?

orenbus
10-09-2011, 09:02 AM
Ron Paul Sign Bomb Monday October 10, 2011
in less than 24 hours...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwCsrWxSozQ

http://www.ronpaulsignbomb.com/

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?320314-Video-Ron-Paul-Sign-Bomb-Coming-October-10th

rob7779
10-09-2011, 09:20 AM
I think its a brilliant idea!

No Free Beer
10-09-2011, 09:31 AM
Holy poopers, good idea

lucky_bg
10-09-2011, 09:37 AM
Occupy? I'm thinking AlexMerced is right, and we need to think not in terms of occupation, but in terms of liberation. Has the deliberate trashing of the economy left us with enough scratch to pull off a Buy Rupert's Ass Out And Gain Control Of Fox Moneybomb?

Let's not miss our objective here - it's to promote BTO menybomb - not to try to change the way CNN or FOX or MSNBC treat Ron Paul and his Presidental campaign. We know that would be lost cause. And where is more logical to promote it then at the headquarters of the MSM whose ignorance and bias is sole cause for BTO moneybomb in the first place. This way we would just use MSM, to promote BTO. They would be instrument to promote BTO, not the goal of our gathering, protest, occupying, liberating, call it whatever you want.

As I think more about this idea, I like it much more. With every moneybomb, we have two objectives - main objective to collect money for Ron's Presidental campaign and secondary objective to gain some positive media exposure about moneybomb AFTER it happens. This way, we would try and certainly get some level of media exposure for the moneybomb BEFORE it happens, which would certainly increase number of people donating to moneybomb and total amount of donated money.

Right now, we are promoting BTO mainly online, and just sporadically offline - mostly at some campaign related events. This would be quite a big and lasting event with sole purpose to promote BTO, and to hopefully gain some media promotion for it before it happens. We can argue what kind and level of media exposure would it get, but it certainly would get some level. Ofcourse CNN, FOX and MSNBC wouldn't be so keen to report about protest against them, happening at their doors, but it would last 4 or 5 days. They can ignore it first day, maybe even second, but they can not ignore it altogether for a 4 or 5 consecutive days. Especialy as some other media would certainly report about that. And it would help people working at MSM that are sympathetic to Ron Paul and his campaign, to promote BTO. Like Judge Napolitano, or Jack Cafferty, or some others. I can already see one segment of Cafferty file dedicated to this. And Jack would do it real good and push BTO, I know. We would be able to push on Drudge, Reddit, etc any kind of reports about this protest, and it would certainly create additional buzz BEFORE BTO moneybomb happens.

Point is, we need to think out of the box. Right now we are promoting BTO mainly online, and it's good and effective, but not enough effective, and not as effective as it can be. I follow progres on main thread dedicated to BTO moneybomb, and at this pace we won't reach preset goals before 19th. This would add different kind of promotion, force media to promote BTO moneybomb and help it become biggest moneybomb ever.

lucky_bg
10-09-2011, 09:42 AM
Speciallyblend, can you please add a poll to this thread, so that we can have clearer picture about RPFs members opinion on this initiative, and hopefully get people more energized about it.

Edit: Also, if You agree, maybe it would be good for this thread to be moved in Grassroots central, where it should been from the start, IMHO, and maybe it wouldn't be bad to change thread title, to make it more appealing for all people that don't like OccupyWallStreet and anything that resembles in any way to OWS, and to underline that it would be BlackThisOut moneybomb promotional event.

Something like: "Occupy MSM/FOX/CNN/MSNBC as a way to promote BTO" or something like that.

Fr0m_3ur0pe
10-09-2011, 10:12 AM
"Occupy" and "liberate" the press? I don't like those wordings at all, remainds me from what happened in Eastern Europe... And about the plan, maybe there could be some push for local media? Like mails to the papers and calls to the radio.

Shane Harris
10-09-2011, 10:23 AM
good idea. i would love to see the media have to report on themsleves being occupied. priceless.

lucky_bg
10-09-2011, 10:46 AM
As I see it we have 10 more days before BTO moneybomb. If we decide to make this event happen, then it's, let's say, 5 days to prepare it, and 5 days for actual event happening, including 19th ofcourse.

As with Ready, Ames, Fire moneybomb, we can have some kind of RadioThon or live feed at 19th from one of three locations in NY ( from one in front of FOX headquarters, let's say) with guests, and live reports on all events related to BTO moneybomb around the country. And at all three locations we can have big screens with RonPaul2012 front page on it, showing counter and ticker with donations.

Also, we would need huge amounts of BTO flyers during 5 days, at three locations in NY, as well as one flyer especially created to illustrate most blatant examples of media bias and ignorance towards Ron Paul and his campaign.

It would be nice, if we would be able to provide speciall BTO black and white T-shirts, for all participatians (I hope young people mostly), either free or to be bought on the spot as cheap as possible. That way, events will look more impresive and well organized, and participants wouldn't look like some crazy hippies at OWS.

And it can last from noon to 6 pm, lets's say, from 15th till 18th, and during all day, till midnight at 19th.

And of course, official name for the 5-day event would be "BlackThisOut!"

Just some thoughts on my part, feel free to make your suggestions.

acptulsa
10-09-2011, 10:51 AM
Let's not miss our objective here - it's to promote BTO menybomb - not to try to change the way CNN or FOX or MSNBC treat Ron Paul and his Presidental campaign.

I do agree with you to a point. But, you know, we have been trying to change the rhetoric for four long years now, and a bunch of us haven't lost sight of that goal. When I think of how much better shape we'd be in if the broadcast media--specifically the broadcast media--weren't specifically blocking facts about Ron Paul and us out from the older voters who know full well that our values are the ones that made this nation great and that the things we want to do away with are things that the nation can survive without (because they lived here during a time when the nation didn't have them) it makes me crazy.

But, for the short term, yes let's make this moneybomb a success by any means. It is brilliant just because of the name--daring the media not to cover a fundraising event this successful and yet ensuring that they will ridicule themselves if and when they do.

Peace&Freedom
10-09-2011, 11:18 AM
Focus on the moneybomb, yes. As for Occupy MSNBC/CNN/FOX, it's a bad idea, as what we should be occupying is BROADCAST FOX, NBC, CBS and ABC, the Times, Post, and AP. The blackout of Paul coverage by the TOP tier media that most viewers follow is the real issue, the cable news shows that less than 10% of that group watch is NOT relevant. Let's not be distracted by cable shows that as few as 100,000 people watch. Go offline and off TV. Occupy local Republican clubs, occupy community centers, occupy talk radio phone lines, occupy every neighborhood where likely GOP voters are. That's where the battlefield is.

speciallyblend
10-09-2011, 11:22 AM
Focus on the moneybomb, yes. As for Occupy MSNBC/CNN/FOX, it's a bad idea, as what we should be occupying is BROADCAST FOX, NBC, CBS and ABC, the Times, Post, and AP. The blackout of Paul coverage by the TOP tier media that most viewers follow is the real issue, the cable news shows that less than 10% of that group watch is NOT relevant. Let's not be distracted by cable shows that as few as 100,000 people watch. Go offline and off TV. Occupy local Republican clubs, occupy community centers, occupy talk radio phone lines, occupy every neighborhood where likely GOP voters are. That's where the battlefield is.

the whole point of it is to call out the media and promote the moneybomb!! blackthisout , which they are.

speciallyblend
10-09-2011, 11:27 AM
poll added

justinpagewood
10-09-2011, 01:11 PM
Yes please, we need to do an event Oct 19th. Can we get a group consensus soon so we can all start helping each other promote this? I am ready to do graphic design whenever the details are ironed out.

lucky_bg
10-09-2011, 03:03 PM
Bump!

kahless
10-09-2011, 04:20 PM
What do you think of when protesting Foxnews studies some of us have protest signs that also include pictures of Rupert Murdoch and Roger Ailes?

I am guessing the treatment of Paul by the network is coming from up top. It can work one of two ways, piss these guys off enough where they change their policy with the staff. If it is not an edict then piss them off enough where they get on the staff so they provide fair and balanced coverage. Worst case we pissed them off enough where the blackout is much worse.

speciallyblend
10-09-2011, 04:26 PM
Yes please, we need to do an event Oct 19th. Can we get a group consensus soon so we can all start helping each other promote this? I am ready to do graphic design whenever the details are ironed out.

thanks ,we need some feet on the ground in nyc, Who in rpf is from nyc and can help get this organized with feet on the ground!!! A good Map for folks to get to the fox,cnn and msnbc hq..

wgadget
10-09-2011, 04:47 PM
How far is it from Wall Street to these networks? Is a march doable?

TexMac
10-09-2011, 04:54 PM
Most of the networks are in midtown. Why march from Wall street?

parocks
10-09-2011, 08:18 PM
I like this. black this out rallies or protests. taking place on the 19th. that i think is best, but other ideas also good.

something that distinguishes us from the other protests

parocks
10-10-2011, 12:44 AM

I think the names should be:

"Black THIS Out Fox" - for the on the ground action at Fox
"Black THIS Out MSNBC" - for the on the ground action at MSNBC

etc etc.

And if we could have good looking signs made

Black THIS Out

Fox logo (which could be a separate piece)

Oct 19

blackthisout.com

One of your signs, perhaps a version with the specific media logo, and one with a blank space where a logo could go.

I know that a 11x17 poster, in quantity, is not very expensive, and it could be taped to a stiffer piece of posterboard.

parocks
10-10-2011, 01:05 AM
As I see it we have 10 more days before BTO moneybomb. If we decide to make this event happen, then it's, let's say, 5 days to prepare it, and 5 days for actual event happening, including 19th ofcourse.

As with Ready, Ames, Fire moneybomb, we can have some kind of RadioThon or live feed at 19th from one of three locations in NY ( from one in front of FOX headquarters, let's say) with guests, and live reports on all events related to BTO moneybomb around the country. And at all three locations we can have big screens with RonPaul2012 front page on it, showing counter and ticker with donations.

Also, we would need huge amounts of BTO flyers during 5 days, at three locations in NY, as well as one flyer especially created to illustrate most blatant examples of media bias and ignorance towards Ron Paul and his campaign.

It would be nice, if we would be able to provide speciall BTO black and white T-shirts, for all participatians (I hope young people mostly), either free or to be bought on the spot as cheap as possible. That way, events will look more impresive and well organized, and participants wouldn't look like some crazy hippies at OWS.

And it can last from noon to 6 pm, lets's say, from 15th till 18th, and during all day, till midnight at 19th.

And of course, official name for the 5-day event would be "BlackThisOut!"

Just some thoughts on my part, feel free to make your suggestions.

Strongly AGREE with official name being Black This Out (or however it's spelled - and none of the occupy stuff).

Turning the enthusiasm for protests to an enthusiasm for this, clearly Ron Paul, event.

I do believe that at least 1 event at at least 1 media outlet in NYC on Oct 19 for at least an hour should be doable.

We just got 1800 at Webster Hall at $20. This is free. But it doesn't have Ron Paul.

We were able to get 1000 people in one day. This could be good.

beardedlinen
10-10-2011, 01:13 AM
We can argue what kind and level of media exposure would it get, but it certainly would get some level. Ofcourse CNN, FOX and MSNBC wouldn't be so keen to report about protest against them, happening at their doors.....

Answer: Live morning shows! Fox and Friends, etc. where the streets are visible from the windows on the ground level. Even a dozen of us holding up signs advertising the money bomb behind the "anchors" would make some sort of impact. Hundreds would be even better. Perhaps some of the OWS crowd would been interested in helping us out.

We should compile a list of live MSM shows (usually on in the morning), figure out the exact taping locations (many in Times Square) and times and advertise BTO as well as express our anger at their bias.

I'm in NJ, so NYC is right next door.

Our major problems would be protesting without a permit, blocking a sidewalk, etc. Some of us may be arrested if we're to do this...

?

parocks
10-10-2011, 01:27 AM
Let's not miss our objective here - it's to promote BTO menybomb - not to try to change the way CNN or FOX or MSNBC treat Ron Paul and his Presidental campaign. We know that would be lost cause. And where is more logical to promote it then at the headquarters of the MSM whose ignorance and bias is sole cause for BTO moneybomb in the first place. This way we would just use MSM, to promote BTO. They would be instrument to promote BTO, not the goal of our gathering, protest, occupying, liberating, call it whatever you want.

As I think more about this idea, I like it much more. With every moneybomb, we have two objectives - main objective to collect money for Ron's Presidental campaign and secondary objective to gain some positive media exposure about moneybomb AFTER it happens. This way, we would try and certainly get some level of media exposure for the moneybomb BEFORE it happens, which would certainly increase number of people donating to moneybomb and total amount of donated money.

Right now, we are promoting BTO mainly online, and just sporadically offline - mostly at some campaign related events. This would be quite a big and lasting event with sole purpose to promote BTO, and to hopefully gain some media promotion for it before it happens. We can argue what kind and level of media exposure would it get, but it certainly would get some level. Ofcourse CNN, FOX and MSNBC wouldn't be so keen to report about protest against them, happening at their doors, but it would last 4 or 5 days. They can ignore it first day, maybe even second, but they can not ignore it altogether for a 4 or 5 consecutive days. Especialy as some other media would certainly report about that. And it would help people working at MSM that are sympathetic to Ron Paul and his campaign, to promote BTO. Like Judge Napolitano, or Jack Cafferty, or some others. I can already see one segment of Cafferty file dedicated to this. And Jack would do it real good and push BTO, I know. We would be able to push on Drudge, Reddit, etc any kind of reports about this protest, and it would certainly create additional buzz BEFORE BTO moneybomb happens.

Point is, we need to think out of the box. Right now we are promoting BTO mainly online, and it's good and effective, but not enough effective, and not as effective as it can be. I follow progres on main thread dedicated to BTO moneybomb, and at this pace we won't reach preset goals before 19th. This would add different kind of promotion, force media to promote BTO moneybomb and help it become biggest moneybomb ever.

You also should be thinking of taking footage of these on the ground events and putting them on youtube. they are blacking us out. but they're certainly going to cover the protest? maybe. but maybe not. but if there are 1000 people outside the New York Times building, and we have footage of this, or outside of NBC or CBS or whatever it is, and it isn't covered, but Occupy is, that's our story that we are spreading on Oct 19th, that they are ignoring a huge event. Their response is proving our point. We should be anticipating an interesting enough story that everyone would want to spread our videos from the scene(s).

http://www.clubflyers.com/print/poster/19x28/product.aspx

tribute_13
10-10-2011, 01:39 AM
Kenny, this is by far the best idea you've ever had, and you're full of great ideas. Lately I think we've all felt defeated because of the MSM. We've lost our focus, we've lost our will, we've lost our 2008 spirit. In 2008, we knew we had no chance but that just made us stronger. Now we feel like its now or never, and we're already seeing how easy it is for the establishment to completely manipulate all forms of media to prevent information from getting to the masses. This is great for a number of reasons.

1. We energize ourselves by protesting the number one cause for our trials and heartache.
2. We gain attention to BlackThisOut and the Ron Paul campaign.
3. We force them to report on it because face it, if they ignore a large demonstration on their front porch it makes them look stupid. They WILL cover it. And even if they don't, the other news outlets will because hey its a ratings game.
4. Given that its something they will cover, if they try to spin it, they're shooting themselves in the foot by reinforcing our claims.

This is a win-win all around. THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN!

tribute_13
10-10-2011, 01:52 AM
I mean imagine it. Think of how rewarding it would be when one idiot on Fox decides to quip, "It looks like the entire Ron Paul nation, all 1,000 of them have gathered in front of our offices." Think about how many people will be watching that and thinking to themselves, "Wait a minute, somethings not right here." WE built the 2008 Ron Paul campaign by being involved, being loud and making a splash. Being strategic! Ron Paul can only do so much, he's repeatedly mentioned time and time again that the campaign is primarily grassroots, yet we haven't organized an event like this yet this cycle. It is our imperative as Ron Paul supporters to plan and execute huge protests, rallies and be strategic about how we carry them out. It's that element that draws people in. We challenge the system and we WIN! Even though the victories didn't win us the white house in 2008, it started the Tea Party movement. That's an accomplishment we need to replicate. We can no longer ride on the achievements from four years ago. It's time for us to continue onward and do what we do best. Protest. Plain and simple. NO ACTION BETTER EMBODIES THE SPIRIT OF OUR FOUNDERS THAN PROTEST! It's that attitude that got us where we are today. We made so much progress with that strategy yet we seem to have abandoned it.

Lothario
10-10-2011, 02:25 AM
Do it!!!

orenbus
10-10-2011, 02:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Eoh_3OfM68

dusman
10-10-2011, 03:17 AM
I have suggested something similar several times here. Although, we have very little time to organize, there is a very simple and quick one we can organize quickly.. which is the the morning shows.

These shows always cut to outside to the crowds for the weather reports and such and what easier way to get national exposure. Get like 500 people to get out there early and absolutely take over the camera view. Get a few hundred people with Ron Paul signs chanting "Black This Out" "Black This Out" "Black This Out" and you will have millions of people wondering what in the world is going on. Hopefully, you'll have the outside crew asking why they are all there. Get someone ready to be our spokesman and say today, WE WILL make history and raise more money for Ron Paul in a single day once again and tell every Ron Paul supporter if they want Ron Paul elected, go to BlackThisOut.com and join the cause! We'll redirect these people to the campaign on the day of the moneybomb and feature the pledge counter/graph if we can get them in place.

If we can organize other events prior and the same day.. awesome. However, simply getting on say, the Today Show will immediately put Black This Out in front of millions. If they see hundreds of Ron Paul supporters on that morning.. asking them to donate with them.. we might be able to spank all over the $6 million dollar mark.

Find someone who is a great speaker. Also... someone quickly get this organized. We don't have much time and my hands are full with the web site stuff. I'll do what I can to promote it any way possible from the blackthisout.com web site.

Rudeman
10-10-2011, 04:13 AM
Shouldn't the events be before the 19th to maximize the attention/support for the money bomb?

eleganz
10-10-2011, 04:23 AM
Since the spreading of the occupy movement going to Fed and now people are talking about the media, yes it is a good idea in general but do remember this is 'occupy' the media, not one day protest. We can't even rally our own supporters to be pro-active, how will they be willing to settle down in front of a corporate building?

in my opinion, first things first is RP and getting votes, I don't think BTO and 'occupying' the media' will go off 'right'.

lucky_bg
10-10-2011, 05:03 AM
Few facts:

- There is already quite a lot of libertrarians at OWS by CNN reporting. Some with Ron Paul signs. They would certainly switch to BlackThisOut protest.

- There is quite a number of our members from RPFs that were at OWS or expressed their plans here on forums to go and visit it. It's better to give the opportunity to do something actually usefull for Ron's campaign.

- There was 1800 mostly young people at Webster Hall that paid 20$ tickets. This is free

- We are talking about fu$king New York with population of over 15 milions. If we can not pull this off in NY, then Ron better drop out of race right now.

- We need at least 100 people in front of every of three MSM headquarters, for 5 consecutive days. It's at least 300 people daily on three locations. It's at least 1500 people for all 5 days on three different locations. It's still less then 1800 people at Webster Hall in one day, that paid 20$ tickets.

- It's just for six hours a day. From noon to 6 pm.

- If we can start with this at saturday 15-th, it would be good kick off, as it would be easier for people to find free time to gather on weekend. After saturday and sunday protest, we will have enough exposure for this to pull it off easily for last three days.

- It's essential for this protest to last for some considerable period of time (5 consecutive days) as it would be harder for media to ignore it.

- Protesters would pass out flyers about BTO moneybomb and about MSM black out of Ron Paul and his campaign, and will have lap tops to offer to people to pledge on www.blackthisout.com on the spot. We would certainly get thousands of new pledges. It's easy. If someone is having nice response to cause of the protest - ofer him/her to pledge, underlining that every amount counts.

- I'm checking daily progress on the BTO official thread. Dusman, ItsTime, Sentinelrv, qwerty and others need additional help to reach BTO goals concerning number of people attending it on FB event page or number of pledges on BTO site. At this pace, we won't reach these goals. We need to add different approach to theirs efforts to reach it!

- We need good organization for this to be successful and to avoid incidents and bad publicity of any kind, so it would be better if RevPac or C4L would take over organisation of this event, then if it's more or less spontaneously organised.

- And, at the end, if we can pull this off (And I know we can - question is just will we), I'm sure that BTO will be even bigger success then even the most optimistic amongst us expect.

lucky_bg
10-10-2011, 05:13 AM
I asked Speciallyblend to flag this thread with message for mods to change its title to something like "BlackThisOut protest/promotion at FOX/CNN/MSNBC HQ in NY 15th-19th", as some people are clearly alergic at "occupy" term, and we will focus that way on the objective in the title, and hopefully gain additional attention on forums.

speciallyblend
10-10-2011, 05:39 AM
I asked Speciallyblend to flag this thread with message for mods to change its title to something like "BlackThisOut protest/promotion at FOX/CNN/MSNBC HQ in NY 15th-19th", as some people are clearly alergic at "occupy" term, and we will focus that way on the objective in the title, and hopefully gain additional attention on forums.

i changed it and also asked mods to make sure the main title changed.

lucky_bg
10-10-2011, 06:39 AM
i changed it and also asked mods to make sure the main title changed.

Greet. I send message to mods, too. We need one more thing to get this rolling. We need to contact admin of New York for Ron Paul 2012 official FB page to make event with title: "BlackThisOut protest/promotion at FOX/CNN/MSNBC HQ in NY, 15th-19th october, from noon to 6pm daily".

I posted suggestion on New York for Ron Paul 2012 FB page wall. If we can't get them to do that today, I'll create separate FB event page for this and ask Dusman to post link to it on www.blackthisout.com. Time is precious in this matter. We have 5 more days till Saturday to prepare this. It can be done, but we shouldn't waste time.

speciallyblend
10-10-2011, 08:01 AM
Greet. I send message to mods, too. We need one more thing to get this rolling. We need to contact admin of New York for Ron Paul 2012 official FB page to make event with title: "BlackThisOut protest/promotion at FOX/CNN/MSNBC HQ in NY, 15th-19th october, from noon to 6pm daily".

I posted suggestion on New York for Ron Paul 2012 FB page wall. If we can't get them to do that today, I'll create separate FB event page for this and ask Dusman to post link to it on www.blackthisout.com (http://www.blackthisout.com). Time is precious in this matter. We have 5 more days till Saturday to prepare this. It can be done, but we shouldn't waste time.

kewl, let me know whats up later today ok:) gonna go 1 hr early to sign wave today and stop at a few stores before i get downtown!!! Ron Paul 2012

ps maybe contact a few groups right outside of nyc to.

lucky_bg
10-10-2011, 09:37 AM
We need FB event page for this ASAP! So I made one. Latter if admin of New York for Ron Paul 2012 FB page make event page for this, I'll ask people attending this event page to switch to that one. It would be better if this event is on New York for Ron Paul 2012 FB page as they have already 974 likes, and that way promoting this event we will be promoting New York for Ron Paul 2012 FB page, as well.

Here is link to "BlackThisOut! protest-promotion at FOX/CNN/MSNBC HQ in NY, 15th-19th oct, 12pm-6pm" FB event page:

If You are from New York area click attending and invite all Ron Paul sympathizers from NY area. You can invite Ron Paul sympathizers from NY area to attend this event, even if you are not from that area, ofcourse. :p

So, lets promote this event page, and see how meny people can we get to attend till the end of day.

PS All suggestions about events description, spelling errors, etc, on FB page are more then welcome.

lucky_bg
10-10-2011, 11:05 AM
Yeeeah baby! Thread title is changed and we have first 5 people attending!

Speciallyblend, my friend, it's time You edit OP according to new thread title, and to add link to FB event page, and maybe to add FB event page description, too, or You can rewrite OP to match description on FB event page.

Thanks ;)

Steve-in-NY
10-10-2011, 11:18 AM
As a handicapped person that honestly cant even afford the train fare and time as of now - I cant make this even though Im just 60 miles away - which sucks because I think it would be awesome.
I will however talk to a bunch of people I know and do my best to get them down there and otherwise promote.
I can wait to see how this pans out.

Remember people, dress nice, know what you are talking about and have specifics or the press is going to eat you alive.

dusman
10-10-2011, 11:27 AM

I posted suggestion on New York for Ron Paul 2012 FB page wall. If we can't get them to do that today, I'll create separate FB event page for this and ask Dusman to post link to it on www.blackthisout.com (http://www.blackthisout.com). Time is precious in this matter. We have 5 more days till Saturday to prepare this. It can be done, but we shouldn't waste time.

Lucky can you shoot me an email about this at requests@blackthisout.com? Just for tracking purposes.

dusman
10-10-2011, 11:28 AM
I'm also seriously considering going out to NYC myself for the 19th if I can. If so.. I'm bringing 100 with me somewhere. Watch me :P

lucky_bg
10-10-2011, 12:19 PM
Lucky can you shoot me an email about this at requests@blackthisout.com? Just for tracking purposes.

Sent You e-mail. Also I posted about this on Daily Paul. Please upvote and comment it!

http://www.dailypaul.com/182190/blackthisout-protest-promotion-at-fox-cnn-msnbc-hq-in-ny-15th-19th-oct-12pm-6pm

People, please, tweet about this with link to FB event page, post about it on FB, Tou Tube and everywhere else you can. Let's make it huge! There is not much time left but if we can get significant number of people to attend at FB event page it would be clear indicator we can pull this off. And I know we can! Is this r3VOLution or isn't?! Onward!

thehighwaymanq
10-10-2011, 12:52 PM
I would love to attend this! Great idea.

speciallyblend
10-10-2011, 12:55 PM
I'm also seriously considering going out to NYC myself for the 19th if I can. If so.. I'm bringing 100 with me somewhere. Watch me :P

thanks dusman:) i hope you can go and bring a bunch of folks:) i just got back from staples 30% for my printing at 30 bucks for the blackthisout flyers:) 3 more converts just picking the flyers up. I keep getting assaulted in ron paul gear:)

tribute_13
10-10-2011, 12:56 PM
Seems like you guys are doing a number in Colorado for the cause Kenny I can't wait till those fascists at PPP finally decide to poll CO.

speciallyblend
10-10-2011, 12:57 PM
Sent You e-mail. Also I posted about this on Daily Paul. Please upvote and comment it!

http://www.dailypaul.com/182190/blackthisout-protest-promotion-at-fox-cnn-msnbc-hq-in-ny-15th-19th-oct-12pm-6pm

ok updated, ooo good news converted 3 more folks just going to pick up the flyers. I got assaulted in staples picking up my blackoutflyers:) by 3 different folks and then a car outside with 2 ladies as well:) ps "assaulted" is my term for folks approaching me about ron paul:)

speciallyblend
10-10-2011, 12:58 PM
I would love to attend this! Great idea.

please do and bring as many folks as you can from NJ:)

speciallyblend
10-10-2011, 01:01 PM
Seems like you guys are doing a number in Colorado for the cause Kenny I can't wait till those fascists at PPP finally decide to poll CO.

I am just one of many but yeah alot of folks all over colorado denver. I think i might still go sign wave in front of local fox here in denver for this!!

lucky_bg
10-10-2011, 01:21 PM
My tweet about this:

Please RT Are U from #NYC? & #sick & #tired of #media #bias & #ignorance towards #RonPaul? & willing to raise Ur voice? http://on.fb.me/rb3aRF

http://twitter.com/#!/JovicicMilan/status/123477059854016513

Feel free to retweet. And to post your own tweets here, so others can retweet it. Let's make some buzz about this online people!

Deborah K
10-10-2011, 01:22 PM
I think the names should be:

"Black THIS Out Fox" - for the on the ground action at Fox
"Black THIS Out MSNBC" - for the on the ground action at MSNBC

etc etc.

And if we could have good looking signs made

Black THIS Out

Fox logo (which could be a separate piece)

Oct 19

blackthisout.com

One of your signs, perhaps a version with the specific media logo, and one with a blank space where a logo could go.

I know that a 11x17 poster, in quantity, is not very expensive, and it could be taped to a stiffer piece of posterboard.

Good ideas here. And if your numbers aren't as good as you hoped, then maybe you can all gather at one HQ per day, for example CNN one day, NBC the next. A demonstration in front of the very establishments that are ignoring Ron would compliment the fundraiser, and bring more awareness. Just control the crowd though, don't let people with OWS signs ruin the demonstration. Make sure you have someone respectful and articulate to be the spokesperson - at each venue - if the media decides to cover the story. We need to always, always remember that we are Ron's ambassadors.

lucky_bg
10-10-2011, 02:12 PM
We need this thread moved to Grassroots Central, where it should been from the beggining. Can any mod help? I see mods gives us silent treatment on this thread so far. Ok, let it be... :rolleyes:

Kotin
10-10-2011, 02:17 PM
Moved

speciallyblend
10-10-2011, 02:19 PM
We need this thread moved to Grassroots Central, where it should been from the beggining. Can any mod help? I see mods gives us silent treatment on this thread so far. Ok, let it be... :rolleyes:

they probably left it in this one . This one usually has the most viewers. unless that has changed?

LibertyEsq
10-10-2011, 02:23 PM
how exactly is this a good idea? Do we really need Ron Paul supporters to be compared even more to OWS by the MSM? This is like handing the media a gift and asking them to put "occupy the media" right next to "occupy wall street" on TV. Why do this to RP

Especially for 5 straight days, are we bringing tents and making hand signs to each other as well?

lucky_bg
10-10-2011, 02:27 PM
Moved

+rep thanks ;)

lucky_bg
10-10-2011, 02:56 PM
how exactly is this a good idea? Do we really need Ron Paul supporters to be compared even more to OWS by the MSM? This is like handing the media a gift and asking them to put "occupy the media" right next to "occupy wall street" on TV. Why do this to RP

Especially for 5 straight days, are we bringing tents and making hand signs to each other as well?

Did You honestly read this thread throughly? So, do you wanna say that any kind of protest is automaticaly compared to OWS, or is it any kind of protest in NYC, and that for that reason everybody should give up on any kind of protesting, no matter what is reason and whether it is justified?!

Where exactly have you read "occupy the media"?! This is BlackThis Out protest & moneybomb promotion, which happens in front of mainstream media headquarters - the same media that is blatantly biased and ignorant towards Ron Paul and his Presidental campaign.

I don't see any kind of problem with that, neither any kind of similarity with OWS, except that some libertarians that went astray at OWS will have oportunity to come to this real libertarian protest and do something useful for r3VOLution. Win - win situation.

And we will promote BTO moneybomb and at the same time dare MSM not to report on event happening on their own doors and further embarrass themself. Win - win situation again.

Yes, it would be for 5 consecutive days, as that way it would be more difficult for media to ignore BTO moneybomb, and that prolonged protest/promotion period will certainly get some level of media exposure for BTO moneybomb BEFORE it happens, and not just after it happens as with all moneybombs so far, and consequently make it even more successful, which is our main goal.

As far as your question about tents and hand signs is concerned, that is main reason I asked if You read this thread throughly, before you decided to diss whole idea. Protest/promotion would last for 5-6 hours daily for first 4 days, and whole day only at wednesday, 19th, when BTO moneybomb is happening. So, you really think we need tents and hand signs for that?! :confused:

LibertyEsq
10-10-2011, 02:58 PM
Where exactly have you read "occupy the media"?! This is BlackThis Out protest & moneybomb promotion

Post #1 of this thread, "Why not Occupy MSM"

dusman
10-10-2011, 03:05 PM

Liberty.. why are you so worried? I for one am pretty sensible about being careful how we portray Ron Paul. However, in this case.. I don't see the problem except for perhaps maybe a simple name change.

I think your concerns are overblown.. considering the media is already marginalizing Ron Paul. Take that energy and run with it. Gonzo journalism/guerilla marketing works... despite contrary opinion.

lucky_bg
10-10-2011, 03:11 PM

Well, yeah, but we changed almost everything about this idea, except basic idea to protest in front of MSM HQs and promote BTO moneybomb at the same time.

We changed thread title, we chose resonable timetable (orginal idea was to have around the clock, 24h a day protest, for a couple of days), we decided to concentrate our efforts on MSM HQs in NYC (original idea was to have protest at CNN world HGs in Atlanta, as well as at some local stations), and now you are picking straws? We can remove that one word from OP, if that would make You happy, but somehow I doubt it will. Anyhow, noone plans to use that term for our protest, nor will it be used during protest.

dusman
10-10-2011, 03:12 PM
Well, yeah, but we changed almost everything about this idea, except basic idea to protest in front of MSM HQs and promote BTO moneybomb at the same time.

We changed thread title, we chose resonable timetable (orginal idea was to have around the clock, 24h a day protest, for a couple of days), we decided to concentrate our efforts on MSM HQs in NYC instead (original idea was to have protest at CNN world HGs in Atlanta, as well as at some local stations), and now you are picking straws? We can remove that one word from OP, if that would make You happy, but somehow I doubt it will. Anyhow, noone plans to use that term for our protest, nor will it be used during protest.

Yep. Liberty, please review the Facebook page and consider that it's not intended to be associated: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=185387714872689&view=wall&notif_t=event_wall

lucky_bg
10-10-2011, 03:15 PM
Are there some meetup groups for New York where we can promote this? Can anybody help with that?

lucky_bg
10-10-2011, 03:18 PM
We don't have a single upvote or comment on Daily Paul post about this so far... :(

LibertyEsq
10-10-2011, 03:30 PM
Well in that case I'm not against it as long as people make it clear they aren't OWS, but I still think the MSM will either not cover it or try to spin it negatively. But if it will effectively promote BTO then by all means go for it

dusman
10-10-2011, 03:33 PM
Well in that case I'm not against it as long as people make it clear they aren't OWS, but I still think the MSM will either not cover it or try to spin it negatively. But if it will effectively promote BTO then by all means go for it

I think we are daring them to not cover it or spin it negatively. Either way, it gives Ron Paul a nice little war chest to further the battle against them. :D

parocks
10-10-2011, 03:43 PM

It's been changed to a pure BlackThisOut from what I understand.

I think BlackThisOut on the ground is win, but we should think about risks beforehand.

D.A.S.
10-10-2011, 03:46 PM
I shared the Facebook event for this on my Facebook, on Ron Paul NJ Liberty HQ group on Facebook, and I will try to get signed up on the Ron Paul NYC Liberty HQ list, so I can post it there as well. I am not sure if I can make it up to NYC this weekend... Very busy work schedule aside, I am pretty broke right now, and the train ride for myself and my GF (who is also an RP supporter) from where we live will run $30 per person, plus subway fares, etc...

What will be the situation with signs? Is everyone expected to bring hand-made signs? Just curious.

parocks
10-10-2011, 03:49 PM
We will have our own video cameras there, presumably, taking great video of a large number of well behaved people with Ron Paul signs, BlackThisOut signs, American Flags, Don't Tread on Me flags.

And I like how it was slightly modified to make the 19th the biggest day. Like a moneybomb, then an end of quarter push, here we have the big day at the end.

We did 5,000 in Philly in the beginning of November 2007. We should be able to get good numbers. We should have good video from the 1st day to make youtubes.
The youtubes can be used before the moneybomb to hype the moneybomb.

But the 19th should be the biggest. We should be able to get spur of the moment donations based on the media coverage of so many people out in front of their buildings or based on our outrage that they're covering Occupy, and not us, when we've got the bigger numbers.

TexMac
10-10-2011, 03:50 PM
You probably need to talk to Eric Brakey or Nick Spanos. You can contact them here:

http://www.meetup.com/ronpaul-liberty-HQ/

contact: http://www.meetup.com/ronpaul-liberty-HQ/members/?op=leaders

Or ronpaulhawaii can probably hook you up, as well.

lucky_bg
10-10-2011, 03:56 PM
You probably need to talk to Eric Brakey or Nick Spanos. You can contact them here:

http://www.meetup.com/ronpaul-liberty-HQ/

contact: http://www.meetup.com/ronpaul-liberty-HQ/members/?op=leaders

Or ronpaulhawaii can probably hook you up, as well.

I sent PM to ronpaulhawaii about this today, asking for his opinion and help, and he answered that he have hectic day today, and that will look in to it tomorrow. It will help if some of you will also PM him about this, just so he don't forget. ;)

I will try to contact those guys from NYC meetup group. Thanks for that.

parocks
10-10-2011, 03:58 PM
http://www.clubflyers.com/print/poster/18x24/product.aspx

http://www.4over4.com/printing/poster-printing

lucky_bg
10-10-2011, 06:14 PM
Bump for r3VOLution!

Hospitaller
10-10-2011, 06:21 PM
Dont call it anything Just show up with BTO paraphernalia

eaglesfan48
10-10-2011, 06:38 PM
I would classify this as a... fantastic idea!

lucky_bg
10-10-2011, 07:12 PM
Can someone tweet to New York Liberty Headquarters at @NYC_Liberty_HQ about this. My twitter account is stuck, for some unknown reason. :eek:

TexMac
10-10-2011, 07:21 PM
Stuck?? Anyway:

NY Liberty HQ @nyc_liberty_hq (http://twitter.com/#%21/nyc_liberty_hq) http://ow.ly/6Tezg (http://t.co/n5o2AR5e) Need help here, plz check in. idea for BTO moneybomb

lucky_bg
10-10-2011, 07:40 PM
Stuck?? Anyway:

Well stuck as when I try to tweet something I get message: "Your account may not be allowed to perform this action. Try logging out and in again." And after I log out/log in same again. And I can retweet other tweets. I retweeted Yours. Thanks :)

parocks
10-10-2011, 11:23 PM
I can spend some time working on this. What needs done? Anything need to be accomplished?

Should there be attractive signs? Who is going to make those signs? Who is going to pay for signs?

Perhaps there should be a chip-in to pay for signs?

Perhaps there should be a discussion first about what kind of signs, how many, how big, what type, any experts on cardstock and whether it would work for our needs?

I was looking at 14pt card stock, 14x22, 2 sided. Is 14pt card stock stiff enough?

I have no idea how much signs should cost and I have no idea how many we might need.
But there's a place in Queens that makes these signs and a place in Brooklyn. My concern would be shipping costs, but here, no shipping costs.

http://www.4over4.com/printing/poster-printing - this place is in queens - 2000, 14x22, 2 sided, 14 pt Gloss Cover (what is Gloss Cover) for
PRINT TOTAL $ 1,269.40 3 day

This is one option. I've used Club Flyers and I was happy with the results. But they're in Florida, or were when I used them. I"ll try to look for more.

http://www.theposterprinters.com/contact.asp - brooklyn - they have 1 sided 28x22. for 100lb gloss stock $1195 these are larger, would be folded over.

*** this one, in manhattan ***
121 Varick Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10013
Between Dominick & Broome--By entrance to Holland Tunnel
Nearest Subway: C or E Train to Spring Street Station
http://www.1800postcards.com/Postcards.aspx
large postcards may be the key. Orders as small as 100. Slightly smaller 13x19, 2 sided 14 pt. C2S Cardstock
Gloss or Matte AQ $185. I think 13 x 19 might be just the right size. I have a 14x22 lawn sign. I remember back in the day that the waving signs were smaller than the yard signs.

100 2 sided, card stock 13x19 for $185.

I think that at the bare minimum, that should be purchased. Justin could come up with the poster based on his graphics, and his graphics are just always stunning. Perhaps 2 different designs for 2 different sides? Justin does brings excellent graphic design skills and it would make us look really good to be holding Justin's great looking posters as well as Gadsen, American Flags, and standard official Ron Paul signs.

I will buy a Gadsen flag for someone. If someone who is going to be there wants a gadsen flag, I will buy it online and have it sent to you.
I think I'll buy 3 flags for 3 different people who are going to be there. You can PM me if you want one.

Other things.

Does anyone have a really really good, high lumens projector? I don't really know much about lumens, but a massive, bright image projected on a huge building would just be awesome of the ticker at 11:50pm, with some huge $$$ figure on it. Perhaps on another huge building another webpage, with the competition between the groups to see who is raising the most money.

The campaign has set up special pages. iowaforronpaul.com/projects.php - that page is gone now, but it had the "donate for county fairs" and bring Ron to Iowa, a whole bunch of specifics that people could contribute to.

Instead of selecting "what to donate to", you would be selecting "where am I donating from". And if you have different groups, with different codes, they can have a fun competition. Like at The Black This Out NBC event. People would be at the event with tablets, smart phones, laptops and showing people how fun and easy it is to win the most donations from one area competition.

beardedlinen
10-11-2011, 12:58 AM
Guys, once again: We need to target the morning shows! They have windows on the ground level in NYC. They do entire segments outside. Completely free advertising for BTO through the MSM and we won't be ignored!

We need to compile a list of locations for all the different morning shows.

beardedlinen
10-11-2011, 01:55 AM
I've compiled a list of taping locations for the major network morning shows. These are the times and places where we need to gather if want to be heard!

CBS - The Early Show - tapes live Monday through Saturday at 7AM. on the plaza of the GM Building, located right by Central Park at Fifth Avenue and 59th Street. The Early Show does not have a studio audience, so tickets are not distributed. But audiences are allowed to join the show outside on the plaza where it tapes special segments every morning Monday through Saturday.

NBC - The Today Show - tapes live Monday through Friday on the corner of 49th and Rockefeller Center before dawn (The security guards say there are already people when they arrive at 6 a.m.) 7am - 11am. From a NYC tourist website:

1. Wake up extra early. (If you think you can arrive at 7 a.m. and get a good spot, you're mistaken.)
2. Get to the corner of 49th and Rockefeller Center before dawn. (The security guards say there are already people when they arrive at 6 a.m.)
3. Stay to the southeast corner -- that way you'll be behind where the anchors sit.
4. Bring the goofiest sign you can think of -- that way you'll be more likely to get attention. <--- LOL

FOX - Fox And Friends - tapes live Monday through Friday 6am to 9am at 1211 Avenue of the Americas (i.e. Sixth Avenue), between 47th and 48th streets. The building is at the southwest corner of Rockeller Center, and the FOX studio is at the northeast corner of the building.

ABC - Good Morning America - Friday from 7 - 9 a.m. from its Times Square studio at the corner of West 44th Street and Broadway. The audience gathers on the corner at 7:30am - Problem is the audience needs to buy tickets and can't bring any signs endorsing website addresses or products.

Our best bets are the first three, seeing as how they don't require tickets, just promptness. We need to jam these places. Free MSM air time! Imagine all of the Ron Paul/BTO signs!

Can the person who's running the FB page make these the dedicated times and locations? Perhaps we can have a FB event for each show?

http://i53.tinypic.com/2836mp.jpg

Just imagine what we can accomplish by doing this. The MSM and their audience WILL hear us!

beardedlinen
10-11-2011, 03:06 AM
bump

lucky_bg
10-11-2011, 08:06 AM
I thought a lot last night about our plan, and inspired by Deborah's suggestion slightly adjusted timetable on FB event page, so It looks like this:

Saturday 15th: FOX News, News Corporation HQ, 1211 Avenue of the Americas, 12pm - 6pm
Sunday 16th: CNN NY HQ, Time Warner Center, 10 Columbus Circle, 12pm - 6pm
Monday 17th: MSNBC HG, 30 Rockefeller Center, 12pm - 6pm
Thuesday 18th: FOX News, News Corporation HQ, 1211 Avenue of the Americas, 12pm - 6pm
Wednesday 19th: CNN NY HQ, Time Warner Center, 10 Columbus Circle, 10pm - 12am

This way, we will focus every day on one location, and be able to have stronger showing. Protest at three locations at the same time would be logistical nightmare, pretty much.

Thoughts?

Also I become member of Campaign for Liberty NYC FB group, with 607 members, so I'll be able to promote this event there.

tremendoustie
10-11-2011, 08:14 AM
I thought a lot last night about our plan, and inspired by Deborah's suggestion slightly adjusted timetable on FB event page, so It looks like this:

Saturday 15th: FOX News, News Corporation HQ, 1211 Avenue of the Americas, 12pm - 6pm
Thuesday 18th: FOX News, News Corporation HQ, 1211 Avenue of the Americas, 12pm - 6pm

This way, we will focus every day on one location, and be able to have stronger showing. Protest at three locations at the same time would be logistical nightmare, pritty much.

Thoughts?

Also I become member of Campaign for Liberty NYC FB group, with 607 members, so I'll be able to promote this event there.

I agree, great idea. And remember, it's a protest about the media, but promoting blackthisout is the objective. Extra awareness of media bias is just a bonus.

orenbus
10-11-2011, 08:20 AM
And actually now that I think about it, it should be coordinated with the RonPaulSignBomb.com folks as they already have the site setup for the next sign bomb they just need to change the date and put out some more videos. Merge efforts for this one time deal would make the day be bigger as the sign bombs have proven they can earn local media, and the money bomb will have a greater chance of getting larger national earned media.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lispur1DREs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34P8_amNz-8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bjy9umwLsdM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM3eA_EudWA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwCsrWxSozQ

CaptUSA
10-11-2011, 08:58 AM
Damn, sometimes (and only sometimes) I wish I still lived in the city! Good luck guys!

Here's an idea for a sign:

Hate corrupt government? Join the Tea Party.
Hate corrupt corporations? Join OWS.
Hate corruption? Join Ron Paul.

Black THIS out!

orenbus
10-11-2011, 09:18 AM
Welp, scratch my idea about BTO coordinating efforts with RPSB, looks like they have already picked the next day for the Sign Bomb. This is going to make some of you cringe and some of you cheer. The next Sign Bomb is schedule for yes, you guessed it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t53W0xHqjeA

TexMac
10-11-2011, 09:21 AM

This way, we will focus every day on one location, and be able to have stronger showing. Protest at three locations at the same time would be logistical nightmare, pretty much.

Thoughts?

FOX and MSNBC are pretty much right next to each other. (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=30+Rockefeller+Plaza,+New+York,+NY&daddr=1211+Avenue+of+the+Americas,+Manhattan,+NY&hl=en&geocode=FZfubQIdbyeX-yl5pAvY_ljCiTHdaz9O3t3nxg%3BFY7sbQIdkSGX-ymFNSxr_1jCiTEjomvJASvECQ&aq=0&sll=40.758275,-73.979505&sspn=0.00421,0.008283&vpsrc=0&gl=us&dirflg=w&mra=ltm&ie=UTF8&t=m&z=18) Might as well do them both.

thehighwaymanq
10-11-2011, 09:54 AM
I will come at least one day!

dusman
10-11-2011, 11:08 AM
I've compiled a list of taping locations for the major network morning shows. These are the times and places where we need to gather if want to be heard!

CBS - The Early Show - tapes live Monday through Saturday at 7AM. on the plaza of the GM Building, located right by Central Park at Fifth Avenue and 59th Street. The Early Show does not have a studio audience, so tickets are not distributed. But audiences are allowed to join the show outside on the plaza where it tapes special segments every morning Monday through Saturday.

NBC - The Today Show - tapes live Monday through Friday on the corner of 49th and Rockefeller Center before dawn (The security guards say there are already people when they arrive at 6 a.m.) 7am - 11am. From a NYC tourist website:

1. Wake up extra early. (If you think you can arrive at 7 a.m. and get a good spot, you're mistaken.)
2. Get to the corner of 49th and Rockefeller Center before dawn. (The security guards say there are already people when they arrive at 6 a.m.)
3. Stay to the southeast corner -- that way you'll be behind where the anchors sit.
4. Bring the goofiest sign you can think of -- that way you'll be more likely to get attention. <--- LOL

FOX - Fox And Friends - tapes live Monday through Friday 6am to 9am at 1211 Avenue of the Americas (i.e. Sixth Avenue), between 47th and 48th streets. The building is at the southwest corner of Rockeller Center, and the FOX studio is at the northeast corner of the building.

ABC - Good Morning America - Friday from 7 - 9 a.m. from its Times Square studio at the corner of West 44th Street and Broadway. The audience gathers on the corner at 7:30am - Problem is the audience needs to buy tickets and can't bring any signs endorsing website addresses or products.

Our best bets are the first three, seeing as how they don't require tickets, just promptness. We need to jam these places. Free MSM air time! Imagine all of the Ron Paul/BTO signs!

Can the person who's running the FB page make these the dedicated times and locations? Perhaps we can have a FB event for each show?

Just imagine what we can accomplish by doing this. The MSM and their audience WILL hear us!

Bump for free advertising nationwide.

lucky_bg
10-11-2011, 03:36 PM
Bump! We need to promote this tonight together with BTO moneybomb during debate, as a lot of people will be online!

beardedlinen
10-11-2011, 05:22 PM
Guys, please listen to me and Dus...we need the live shows to see us. Protesting at the headquarters where no cameras are watching will achieve nothing. So once again:

beardedlinen
10-11-2011, 05:25 PM
It's imperative that we jam these morning shows as they're live and the protesters can be seen!

parocks
10-11-2011, 05:29 PM
It's imperative that we jam these morning shows as they're live and the protesters can be seen!

I think people agree with you. People who are doing this project I would assume would choose to be where you suggest at those times, rougly 5-10am.

You see Rockefeller Center pop up a lot.

beardedlinen
10-11-2011, 05:35 PM
I think people agree with you. People who are doing this project I would assume would choose to be where you suggest at those times, rougly 5-10am.

You see Rockefeller Center pop up a lot.

We need to get organized then at the locations and times I've suggested rather than the ones Lucky is suggesting. No offense Lucky, we can do that as well, I just feel this will give us 100 times the presence that 12-6pm in front of a steel building will do.

The morning shows are key.

dusman
10-11-2011, 05:35 PM
Guys, please listen to me and Dus...we need the live shows to see us. Protesting at the headquarters where no cameras are watching will achieve nothing. So once again:

Once again, this is definitely the easiest to organize, with the highest potential impact. You really can't get anything better. What are they to do... NOT pan outside like they have done for 20 or so years? I mean, 50 people could potentially market BTO to millions. Let's seriously consider this and do it.

beardedlinen
10-11-2011, 05:38 PM
Once again, this is definitely the easiest to organize, with the highest potential impact. You really can't get anything better. What are they to do... NOT pan outside like they have done for 20 or so years? I mean, 50 people could potentially market BTO to millions. Let's seriously consider this and do it.

Agreed 100%...just need the FB organization page to help espouse this idea, and that's up to Lucky unless you want me or someone else to make a new one.

beardedlinen
10-11-2011, 05:39 PM
--

lucky_bg
10-11-2011, 05:53 PM
We can change or adjust plan as we see fit. Main task right now is to get as much people to commits to attend this 5 day long event. For all 5 days, or at least for one day, but we need as much people attending at that FB page as we can get.

Any change can be made at any time. That's the least problem.

parocks
10-11-2011, 05:54 PM
We need to get organized then at the locations and times I've suggested rather than the ones Lucky is suggesting. No offense Lucky, we can do that as well, I just feel this will give us 100 times the presence that 12-6pm in front of a steel building will do.

The morning shows are key.

I would argue that we could, or should, have many options. Lay out all the details. I believe that we should have some event in NYC on October 19. Or a lot of events all over NYC for 5 days. But at least 1 event at one time and one place

I would argue that we should have a base of operations, and that base of operations should be at Rockefeller Center. Fox, NBC and MSNBC are all there.
Also, that Ron Paul should have at least a small presence there for the entire 24 hours.

It's just much easier to say. Black This Out Rockefeller Center Oct 19 All Day.

It's unfortunate that Rockefeller Center isn't named something sinister like Rothschild Center at Bilderberg Square, but we might find something symbolic with "Rockefeller".

All the griping of the mixture of media and corporations can be found in the name Rockefeller Center.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockefeller_Center

http://www.rockefellercenter.com/

lucky_bg
10-11-2011, 09:56 PM
Bump!

parocks
10-11-2011, 10:19 PM
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100618512/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

$16, at almost all home depots

This black window film can be used to make 100 black this out masks which look like the black bars we have across our eyes on our pictures.

We've got black this out masks on, holding pro looking Justin black this out posters, at Rockefeller Center (NBC, MSNBC, FOX) on October 19.

dusman
10-11-2011, 10:39 PM
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100618512/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

$16, at almost all home depots

This black window film can be used to make 100 black this out masks which look like the black bars we have across our eyes on our pictures.

We've got black this out masks on, holding pro looking Justin black this out posters, at Rockefeller Center (NBC, MSNBC, FOX) on October 19.

Parocks, have you seen the blackout glasses? I'm not sure if they could be shipped off in time.. but check them out:

http://www.bewild.com/ceblbarsu.html

Deborah K
10-12-2011, 09:15 AM
http://i44.tinypic.com/2mrdw2h.jpg

lucky_bg
10-12-2011, 09:32 AM
Does anyone have some additional NYC FB friends which can be invited to this even on FB? Only 81 "awaiting reply" at the moment. So far, in 5 invited 4 agree are "attending" or "maybe attending".

LisaNY
10-12-2011, 09:34 AM
I work on Avenue of the Americas, I'll participate in the weekday events.

lucky_bg
10-12-2011, 09:46 AM
I work on Avenue of the Americas, I'll participate in the weekday events.

+rep Great! Thank you very much.

Weekday events are the most important, because if we have decent kick off, it would additionaly motivate others to join us from monday till wednesday and more people will be informed about this protest and moneybomb promotion in NYC.

Also, if You can invite some of your NYC Ron Paul loving friends at FB event page, it would be awesome.

TexMac
10-12-2011, 09:59 AM
I just invited a pile of NYCers.

lucky_bg
10-12-2011, 10:26 AM
+ rep 39 to be exact. Thank You very much! :)

lucky_bg
10-12-2011, 02:09 PM
ronpaulhawaii just answered my PM. He likes idea. Will pass it on NY Liberty HQ. We are on the road to success with this!

dusman
10-12-2011, 02:13 PM
A little bit of inspiration:

https://www.facebook.com/JudgeNapolitano

lucky_bg
10-12-2011, 02:20 PM
Yeah, with this protest and moneybomb promotion at MSM HQs in NYC, we will give a lot of material to Judge and all others willing to talk about it live. :D

pacelli
10-12-2011, 02:21 PM
Sorry but I think the blowback that would come upon the Ron Paul campaign would not be justified.

LawnWake
10-12-2011, 02:25 PM
Oh Jesus.

Yes, I can't wait for the headlines. 'Crazy Anarchist Ron Paul supporters harass the media'.

Do NONE of you people understand that this is only making Ron Paul look bad in the media? They definitely won't black this out, they will use it against us and him. YOU'RE ROOTING FOR THE UNDERDOG WHO WANTS TO TURN THE SYSTEM INSIDE OUT; HOW DO YOU EXPECT THE MEDIA WILL TREAT HIM?

Instead of being the bigger man and turning the other cheek and profilate ourselves as intelligent and sophisticated supporters, we're crying about everything and making ourselves look like rabid mouth foaming manics who obsessively want Ron Paul in office.

Please, PLEASE, understand than the media is already viewing us as a plague, therefore, the general public sees us as a plague. So how is it a good idea to actually make it easy to make us look like a plague?

People. Stop looking at the world through the eyes of Ron Paul supporters and start looking at it through the eyes of people who dislike Ron Paul. THEN you know what to do and how to gain support.

I seriously think Ron Paul supporters are a major reason we're not doing as well as we can.

pacelli
10-12-2011, 02:32 PM
Oh Jesus.

Yes, I can't wait for the headlines. 'Crazy Anarchist Ron Paul supporters harass the media'.

Do NONE of you people understand that this is only making Ron Paul look bad in the media? They definitely won't black this out, they will use it against us and him. YOU'RE ROOTING FOR THE UNDERDOG WHO WANTS TO TURN THE SYSTEM INSIDE OUT; HOW DO YOU EXPECT THE MEDIA WILL TREAT HIM?

Instead of being the bigger man and turning the other cheek and profilate ourselves as intelligent and sophisticated supporters, we're crying about everything and making ourselves look like rabid mouth foaming manics who obsessively want Ron Paul in office.

Please, PLEASE, understand than the media is already viewing us as a plague, therefore, the general public sees us as a plague. So how is it a good idea to actually make it easy to make us look like a plague?

You know it is strange.. All of the postmortems we did on these forums after the 08 campaign, all of the flame wars about how best to market Ron Paul, how best to convert people, how best to handle moneybombs.. LEARNING FROM OUR MISTAKES... it seems like somebody threw all of that down the toilet and flushed it. Well I'm here to remind you that we came up with this:

2/22/2010
What do we do different in 2011?
1. Start early, start now, build on the momentum.

2. An up-to-date DVD available with Ron Paul footage on the main issues, as well as video endorsements from many media outlets

3. Mistake: Too many moneybombs and individuals/groups jumping on the cash bandwagon last time.

Correction: We should have 1 moneybomb per QUARTER, and inform the campaign ahead of time so they can plan accordingly. Any non-campaign fundraisers should be prepared to deal with extensive questions to prevent another Ringside Revolution / Ron Paul Racing scam. The blimp was fun and got free advertising, but didn't get Ron Paul elected, therefore it was a mistake that should not be funded again.

4. a.The ads were pathetic- Let the grassroots make the ads and vote on them like the youtube debate ad

b. The campaign proved themselves inept on numerous occasions in 2007- hopefully the mistakes will be learned from and some good campaign managers/staff will evolve from this years liberty candidates

c. Organize Ron Paul (Revolution?) Marches like the one in Austin back in Oct 07... do these countrywide regularly in 2011 to show our numbers and spread the message.

5. We should focus on Iowa and New Hampshire

6. This time, be nice to them (media). No chasing Hannity. If you really must, go at him screaming "Obama's Number ONE!"

7. Become an elector: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...come+an+electo

8. We need to bus liberty-loving students from colleges and universities to Ames for the IA straw poll in August 2011 to match Romney's bussing of Mormons.

9. We should fund commercials and set up interviews with local radio and TV stations in Iowa and New Hampshire et al.

10. We need TV ads that look and sound professional, that really glorify Ron and give him an emotional appeal.

11. duplicate

12. See post #59

13. The most important thing we can do to help Ron Paul in 2012 is to get as many Ron Paul endorsed candidates elected in 2010. Each one that wins is someone that can turn around and immediately endorse Ron Paul (or whoever ends up running) the following year.

14. What we do need to do is focus on a team of people to get things done in the first 5 primary states. If we can beat Mitt in Michigan, we can win the nomination. Ron *can* win Iowa, and 2 in a row would be NH! If he wins Michigan he's nearly won the election.

15. Instead of donating $600,000 on a blimp, we could have major local events in Iowa

16. We could get far more mileage out of a serious highway billboard campaign in the key early primary states.

17. I remember Nathan Estey proposing Ron Paul truck billboards be rented that would circle the highways at rush hours to keep Paul's name in front of commuters. Or how about using the cash to pay for a network of Paul speakers to make presentations at veterans clubs and senior centers, to get his message out in front of live likely voters?

18. Infiltrate all Tea Parties and 9/12 groups in Iowa.

19. Re-awaken the meet-up groups

20. We need to win or place strongly (top 3) in the Ames straw poll. The money we spend winning it will pay for itself in the free media attention it garners. We need to ORGANIZE and bus our supporters into Ames. We need to set up carpooling, etc in every town in Iowa so not one Ron Paul supporter misses the opportunity to cast a vote for Ron.

21. We need to plan a huge money bomb/kick off party for the day Ron announces his candidacy. Ron needs to be the front runner in money and donations from the start. I think $10 million is a realistic goal if we promote it.

22. We need the campaign to purchase an offical campaign bus, preferably several of them, fully furnished and painted nicely so they can serve as our command centers. We should station one in Iowa, New Hamshire, South Carolina, and one out west, Nevada possible. Like I said I'd prefer 4 buses, but we could live with 2 if we had to.

23. We need to carter private planes for Ron, so we can keep his energy level high and get him across the country wherever he's needed (Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Nevada, etc)

24. We have to figure out a way to get our most inspirational youtubes shown on the air or at least a DVD in the hands of all early primary voters.

FUNDRAISING IS KEY

Ron Paul's fundraising growth was exponential in 2007-2008. Lets start the exponential growth 10 months earlier for 2011-2012.

OUR Goal starting THE DAY HE ANNOUNCES FORMING AN EXPLORATORY COMMITTEE should be to raise at least $10 million dollars by March 2011. (Q1)

A few suggestions:
START SAVING NOW.
1. I'm maxing out and encouraging my friends to do the same. In a fight there are times to save onto your ammo and times to fire with all you've got - Jan 2011 lets fire the shot heard around the world.

2. Join your local tea party and tell them Ron Paul started the modern tea party movement. Lets earn their hearts and minds.

3. I posit that a money bomb should be planned for some time in Jan, Feb., or March 2011 to put our campaign in a competitive position and gain financial-frontrunner status.

4. Meetup groups

Avery J. Knapp Jr., M.D.
Helped run the Greater NYC Ron Paul Action Meetup (and helped start it in May 2007, end of Q2, shortly after I heard about Ron Paul).
26. Don't forget to Register Republican, Become a Delegate and Get Involved!!!

27. The campaign should hire 10 of the most talented grassroots video makers and provide them the equipment and resources to churn out top quality video for the campaign. We need a video team following Ron around the country just shooting and shooting video, to be edited later for use in campaign commercials, etc.

28. I also suggest a money bomb calendar so we can avoid grassroots confusion and pissing contests.

Let's debate the number of money bombs for fiscal year 2011 and the dates, so we don't have to do it on the fly like usual.

29. The opposition would take us by surprise by some of the tactics they used. Maybe it would be a good idea to "prepare and be aware" of those tactics a head of time.

30. A 2 day moneybomb on the day before and on the day of the Ames Straw Poll.

1. It will get Rons name in the media for the day of the straw poll

2. If a relatively undecided iowan turns up to vote and sees a giant live ticker outside our tent showing us raising millions as the day goes on- he/she may be swayed by our fundraising strength and enthusiasm

31. The way to combat this? Watch every CFL training video on the site!

32. See post 174.
I'd like to suggest a couple changes to the list compiled in the first post of this thread. The suggestions have to do with fundraising and the kick off moneybomb.

I believe that an integral part of the promotion of the first moneybomb should be not just about one big moneybomb, but encouraging people to sign up for an automatic monthly contribution. I think that the goal should be to get 100,000 people to sign up for a $100 monthly contribution, on the moneybomb date. That would give Ron a 10 million dollar day, and a guaranteed $10 million every month. It is a big goal but I think it can be done. And having people committed to monthly contributions will cut down on the need for constant recurring moneybombs.

My personal preference is that the first moneybomb should be Dec 16th 2010.
33. From the Daily Paul: http://www.dailypaul.com/node/147108#comment-1561301 We need to develop an internet taskforce that operates 24/7 probably through its own website and dominates these marketing tools:

1. Internet Polls
2. YouTube Videos
3. Article/Video Comment Sections
4. Facebook domination
5. Emailing mediaheads
6. Etc.

34. From Daily Paul: We NEED precinct leaders. Either official voted in precinct leaders or volunteer precinct leaders (as from the 2008 campaign)

We NEED Ron Paul supporters to get comfortable with:
1. Walking their precincts
2. Talking to their neighbors. (don't alienate them if you have differing views)
3. Organizing precinct meetings w/ your neighborhood at the local library
4. Gaining the trust of your precinct.
5. Showing informative eye-opening documentaries at the local library during your precinct meetings.

We can win back America and it can happen one precinct district at a time. Win over your precinct!

Quote Originally Posted by nate895 View Post
I have six projects that I think need to be worked on in order to win in 2012 and ensure the continued success and influence of the Liberty Movement, as I elaborate on here and here:

Solid Tea Party Backing
Smear Machine
Candidates Everywhere
Project Iowa
Project New Hampshire
Project South Carolina

This is about building a grassroots machine that can successfully elect candidates nationwide, wherever there is a viable race.
36. Wonder if we could organize a gun show or swap meet with free admission for anyone with a Bussed to ames handstamp or ticket. Maybe an expo for homeschoolers... something

37. If you want to be a precinct captain post here!
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=267199

Read the rest of the thread here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?232814-Dr.-Paul-does-not-dismiss-a-run-in-2012-What-do-we-do-different-in-2011

I know, I know. 80% of you have just skipped over everything quoted above... which is kind of my point. Haven't we been down this road four or five times before? Now we're going to protest again? We already protested... it worked to further the blackout. FoxNews got so pissed off at our flooding their voicemail system that they blacked out Ron Paul for awhile, then went full bore against his campaign. And its been that way ever since 2008.

muzzled dogg
10-12-2011, 02:41 PM
do HQ in NYC and everyone who can't travel do their respective local affiliates?

dusman
10-12-2011, 02:43 PM
Oh Jesus.

People. Stop looking at the world through the eyes of Ron Paul supporters and start looking at it through the eyes of people who dislike Ron Paul. THEN you know what to do and how to gain support.

I seriously think Ron Paul supporters are a major reason we're not doing as well as we can.

So much for your argument. Ron Paul's OFFICIAL campaign is promoting Black THIS Out. So they generally approve of our approach.

Further, Ron Paul has been a promoter of civil disobedience.

If the media knows we can come together and raise $5-6 million dollars because of their bias, they just might reconsider their entire approach.. unless they want us to start buying up all their ad spots.

lucky_bg
10-12-2011, 02:51 PM
Oh Jesus.

Well, this is just follow-up on Jon Stewart Daily Show segment publicly calling out MSM for bias and ignorance towards Ron Paul. And, as I remember, the same MSM that was called out in Stewarts segment - FOX, CNN, MSNBC - was pretty much on the defensive on that matter.

And, other media also have been analising Ron's media treatment afterwards - those reports confirmed Stewarts claims.

So, I don't see why would be different this time. And, even if they go on the offensive about this protest, it's stil win for us. With BTO moneybomb approaching, any and every kind of publicity concerning moneybomb is good. In this case it's like with reality television stars - any kind of publicity is good, as long as picture is big enough. :D

In the worst case, with the worst kind of publicity about our protest and moneybomb promotion at MSM HQs, we will still get some of the 500K people that liked Ron Paul FB page to learn about BTO moneybomb, and to decide to donate on the 19th. So far only 2% of them pledged. So it's a win. It's not like media is treating Ron nicely, and we want to screw it up. I don't know what realy bad they can do or say about Ron, that they are not already doing and saying.

And my last point - just take a look at Judge Napolitano FB page (you have link to it couple of posts above). If that great man, that is employee of the Fox news, is ready to black out his picture on his FB page, where he promotes his Fox news show - and that show is his bread and butter - but he is still courageous enough to protest against MSM treatment of Ron Paul (including Fox), then I really don't know what is your problem with our protest against MSM.

Deborah K
10-12-2011, 03:46 PM
lucky_bg, don't give the criticism a second thought. You wouldn't believe all the flack I got for the Revolution March in '08. It's par for the course. People who operate out of fear never achieve anything great.

Deborah K
10-12-2011, 03:54 PM
You know it is strange.. All of the postmortems we did on these forums after the 08 campaign, all of the flame wars about how best to market Ron Paul, how best to convert people, how best to handle moneybombs.. LEARNING FROM OUR MISTAKES... it seems like somebody threw all of that down the toilet and flushed it. Well I'm here to remind you that we came up with this:

Read the rest of the thread here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?232814-Dr.-Paul-does-not-dismiss-a-run-in-2012-What-do-we-do-different-in-2011

I know, I know. 80% of you have just skipped over everything quoted above... which is kind of my point. Haven't we been down this road four or five times before? Now we're going to protest again? We already protested... it worked to further the blackout. FoxNews got so pissed off at our flooding their voicemail system that they blacked out Ron Paul for awhile, then went full bore against his campaign. And its been that way ever since 2008.

Pacelli, I love ya, but I have to disagree on this one. I posted this a few days ago on this thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?321514-BlackThisOut-protest-promotion-at-FOX-CNN-MSNBC-HQ-in-NY-15th-19th&p=3635798&viewfull=1#post3635798

ronpaulhawaii
10-12-2011, 04:15 PM
Strongly AGREE with official name being Black This Out (or however it's spelled - and none of the occupy stuff).

Turning the enthusiasm for protests to an enthusiasm for this, clearly Ron Paul, event.

I do believe that at least 1 event at at least 1 media outlet in NYC on Oct 19 for at least an hour should be doable.

We just got 1800 at Webster Hall at $20. This is free. But it doesn't have Ron Paul.

We were able to get 1000 people in one day. This could be good.

Glad this changed from an "Occupy" thing...

I'm thinking y'all might want to take it one step further and just make it a "promotion" via good natured picketing kinda thing. Not sure how many people would be needed or be able to get. Should grow though...

The main thing'll be passing out fliers to passerby, road exposure, etc. and trying to get some decent press. Just the regular signwave/tabling traffic will help the moneybomb numbers regardless... People who know the press are looking at it now and may have some suggestions...

Answer: Live morning shows! Fox and Friends, etc. where the streets are visible from the windows on the ground level. Even a dozen of us holding up signs advertising the money bomb behind the "anchors" would make some sort of impact. Hundreds would be even better. Perhaps some of the OWS crowd would been interested in helping us out.

We should compile a list of live MSM shows (usually on in the morning), figure out the exact taping locations (many in Times Square) and times and advertise BTO as well as express our anger at their bias.

I'm in NJ, so NYC is right next door.

Our major problems would be protesting without a permit, blocking a sidewalk, etc. Some of us may be arrested if we're to do this...

?

First thing I heard was "should be the morning shows..." I agree they should be incorporated...

We can change or adjust plan as we see fit. Main task right now is to get as much people to commits to attend this 5 day long event. For all 5 days, or at least for one day, but we need as much people attending at that FB page as we can get.

Any change can be made at any time. That's the least problem.

Good to see the flexibility...

Sorry but I think the blowback that would come upon the Ron Paul campaign would not be justified.

I think, done well, blowback can be avoided. Good humor goes a long way. I agree a torch and pitchfork would be risky.

lucky_bg
10-12-2011, 08:29 PM
Bump!

lucky_bg
10-12-2011, 08:54 PM
Glad this changed from an "Occupy" thing...

I'm thinking y'all might want to take it one step further and just make it a "promotion" via good natured picketing kinda thing. Not sure how many people would be needed or be able to get. Should grow though...

The main thing'll be passing out fliers to passerby, road exposure, etc. and trying to get some decent press. Just the regular signwave/tabling traffic will help the moneybomb numbers regardless... People who know the press are looking at it now and may have some suggestions...

First thing I heard was "should be the morning shows..." I agree they should be incorporated...

Good to see the flexibility...

I think, done well, blowback can be avoided. Good humor goes a long way. I agree a torch and pitchfork would be risky.

If you join the FB event page, I'll make you admin, so you can adjust page and change anything you may find inappropriate.

dusman
10-12-2011, 09:58 PM
I think we need people on the ground in NYC now, passing out flyers and maybe collecting phone numbers of people interested in getting involved. On the primary days, start calling these people up.

parocks
10-13-2011, 01:32 AM
Parocks, have you seen the blackout glasses? I'm not sure if they could be shipped off in time.. but check them out:

http://www.bewild.com/ceblbarsu.html

You easily would be able to get them there in time. Get a quantity discount. I haven't purchased any window tint. I thought about using a cardboard frame, and attaching the rubber band at the center, so that it would keep it a solid rectangle. I wonder how each of the 2 styles would look. From the front, the solid square would look best. But I wonder about from the side.

Those are good looking glasses you linked to, what is desired for a pro look.

parocks
10-13-2011, 01:33 AM
I think we need people on the ground in NYC now, passing out flyers and maybe collecting phone numbers of people interested in getting involved. On the primary days, start calling these people up.

That would be helpful

parocks
10-13-2011, 02:03 AM
do HQ in NYC and everyone who can't travel do their respective local affiliates?

Theres a reasonable debate on this. If you have a specific gripe with the media outlet, that would be ok. But Ron Paul does have good relations
with the local press in some cases. And we don't want to piss off those people who are nice to us.

I would think that you'd be able to organize either something on the ground that would be good. Isn't the Boston Globe owned by the New York Times? Are there any Boston Globe written articles that ridiculously left Ron Paul out? Anything that they themselves did that you can point to and say "why did you do this?"

Bachmann first, Pawlenty third. Perry finishes Fourth. Anything that the Boston Globe did? Or have they been fair? They probably do generate a lot of news out of NH, and if they aren't truly guilty, you might want to try something less confrontational.

It is being suggested that tabling events, house parties, events in bars, perhaps bar crawls, might be the way to go.

What happened with that pub in NH that served as a homebase in 2008? Murphy's I think? What about a Black This Out push at Murphy's or at any hometown venue.

Deborah K
10-13-2011, 09:44 AM
You easily would be able to get them there in time. Get a quantity discount. I haven't purchased any window tint. I thought about using a cardboard frame, and attaching the rubber band at the center, so that it would keep it a solid rectangle. I wonder how each of the 2 styles would look. From the front, the solid square would look best. But I wonder about from the side.

Those are good looking glasses you linked to, what is desired for a pro look.

I'm thinking about getting these for the demonstration I'm organizing in my area. http://www.meetup.com/ronpaul-93/events/37195642/

Crotale
10-13-2011, 10:42 AM
Bump....don't want this falling off the page.

V3n
10-13-2011, 10:59 AM

I'd recommend staying away from local affiliates - the business structure is completely different. Local affiliates can still be our allies - for example - THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho99a0rIL2M) is from a local FOX affiliate - if we had been down there protesting and making them mad, they would think twice before running another story like this. Also, if Ron Paul is coming to our neighborhood - we need to call the local affiliates and make sure it gets coverage - can't do that if we've burned the bridges.

I think the local stations are the only way we can circumvent what the MSM is doing to Paul, there's probably a strategy there somewhere where we can use them to our best advantage, making them mad does not figure into that strategy.

Local stations just get the feed from the Network, they don't really answer to the Network bosses.

ronpaulhawaii
10-13-2011, 01:11 PM
If you join the FB event page, I'll make you admin, so you can adjust page and change anything you may find inappropriate.

I'm not really the admin type, and you look like you're doing just fine ;)

Theres a reasonable debate on this. If you have a specific gripe with the media outlet, that would be ok. But Ron Paul does have good relations
with the local press in some cases. And we don't want to piss off those people who are nice to us.

This is a prime consideration...

The LHQ guys say as long as this is done with class and good humor, it could be a very good thing. Less of a "protest" more of a good natured promotion. Imagine signs along the theme where we "black out" the outlet we were in front of...

(^^^ rough mock up ). Might include poking at specific shows like O'Rielly and his rivals, too.

Basically just playing with the blackout bar...

The Ghandi "Then you win" quote was mentioned for a sign

BLACK THIS OUT.COM

Etc... Promotion>Protest

If anyone knows LHQ they will know that there is a loud voice :eek: exhorting people to "dress for presidential success!" I tend to sympathize and think a bunch of people picketing in business wear would make a sight to behold, further drawing the press...

Getting in the crowd for the morning shows will take different strategy. More along the lines of this escapade http://www.maresco.us/activism/nyc-gop-welcomes-obama-to-manhattan

I think aim low, and plan for it to grow...

LHQ has space and stuff for making signs etc.

Could use a pdf file of quarter sheet 2 sided fliers (http://www.maresco.us/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Tax-Free-Tip-Act-Flier.pdf), b/w. Those things are easy to run off on (colored?) hardstock and effective. Can someone whip one up, please?

What do you guys think?

Deborah K
10-13-2011, 01:29 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/2zs41gm.jpg
Michael Deb

fist bump!

lucky_bg
10-13-2011, 01:39 PM
Adam Kokesh just posted link to BlackThisOut! protest-promotion, FOX/CNN/MSNBC HQ in NY 15th-19th oct 12pm-6pm FB event page at his FB page. This guy really like protests! Thank You Adam! ;)

http://www.facebook.com/KokeshforCongress

lucky_bg
10-13-2011, 02:23 PM
I was pretty much pi$$ed off with slim numbers of people attending at FB event page, and especially with number of people invited so far, so I decided to send a message on FB to each and every member of Campaign For Liberty NYC FB group.

Only way I can send those messages is one at a time. And there is 620 members of this group. So far around 300 messages sent. But numbers are going up. From 28 attending, to 51 attending. And from 116 invited to 334 invited. There is also 27 maybe attending, and those are usually people that would be able to attend some of these days.

Here is message I sent:

Please invite all your NYC friends, by clicking on "+ Select Guests To Invite" button under main picture on this event page.

You can also share this event page on your FB wall, on a friend wall, on a wall of a FB group you belong to, or on a wall of a FB page you made, by clicking on a "share" button under title on this event page.

For r3VOLution onward!

Are there some volunteers to send this same message to friends of Brooklyn Libertarians FB page. There is 550 of them.

Here is link:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001028437380

Thanks in advance.

parocks
10-13-2011, 03:13 PM

The LHQ guys say as long as this is done with class and good humor, it could be a very good thing. Less of a "protest" more of a good natured promotion. Imagine signs along the theme where we "black out" the outlet we were in front of...

(^^^ rough mock up ). Might include poking at specific shows like O'Rielly and his rivals, too.

BLACK THIS OUT.COM

Etc... Promotion>Protest

If anyone knows LHQ they will know that there is a loud voice :eek: exhorting people to "dress for presidential success!" I tend to sympathize and think a bunch of people picketing in business wear would make a sight to behold, further drawing the press...

Getting in the crowd for the morning shows will take different strategy. More along the lines of this escapade http://www.maresco.us/activism/nyc-gop-welcomes-obama-to-manhattan

Could use a pdf file of quarter sheet 2 sided fliers (http://www.maresco.us/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Tax-Free-Tip-Act-Flier.pdf), b/w. Those things are easy to run off on (colored?) hardstock and effective. Can someone whip one up, please?

What do you guys think?

Well, there should be signs.

I like the idea of 100 signs for $180. The printer is in Manhattan. 13x19

I like the idea that the signs look pretty much like all the web graphics.
I'd take whatever Justin Page Wood came up with.

I like the sunglasses / masks.

Good natured, not angry, I agree.

We're increasing awareness of media bias.

lucky_bg
10-13-2011, 03:41 PM

BLACK THIS OUT.COM

Etc... Promotion>Protest

What do you guys think?

I incorporated your idea to blackout MSM logos in to the FB event page photo.

http://i.imgur.com/b8qPR.jpg

lucky_bg
10-13-2011, 06:47 PM
Finished sending messages to 620 members of Campaign For Liberty NYC FB group. My eyes are falling out of my head! :eek:

trey4sports
10-13-2011, 06:55 PM
This is a really cool idea!

speciallyblend
10-13-2011, 07:10 PM

BLACK THIS OUT.COM

Etc... Promotion>Protest

What do you guys think?

thanks michael:) keep them coming great ideas:) plus thank you adam;) I had sent him a message about this:)

speciallyblend
10-13-2011, 07:12 PM
Finished sending messages to 620 members of Campaign For Liberty NYC FB group. My eyes are falling out of my head! :eek:

get back to work you liberty slave:) thanks for all your work...

Chowder
10-13-2011, 07:38 PM
Man I've been waiting and waiting for this topic to be posted. Countless others including me have been mentioning lets protest the media in the chat rooms. I'm so glad this idea is now taking root!

speciallyblend
10-13-2011, 07:45 PM
This is a really cool idea!

I wanna thank everyone at rpf for getting this off the ground and helping it develop. I wish i was in nyc to join you all!!

parocks
10-13-2011, 08:12 PM
We really should have signs for this. nice pro looking signs that look roughly like the leaderboard at the top.

http://www.1800postcards.com/Postcards.aspx
121 Varick Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10013
Between Dominick & Broome--By entrance to Holland Tunnel
Nearest Subway: C or E Train to Spring Street Station

2 business days 100 2 sided $200 13x19

parocks
10-13-2011, 08:17 PM
I incorporated your idea to blackout MSM logos in to the FB event page photo.

http://i.imgur.com/b8qPR.jpg

I really think that the simple Black poster with white and grey "black this out" horizontally aligned.

Oct 19

I'd say Rockefeller Center. Fox, MSNBC, NBC are all there.

blackthisout.com

our online logoage is great. we should just completely duplicate it.

Justin Pagewood should do it.

13x19 100 posters to pick up in Manhattan $200.

speciallyblend
10-13-2011, 08:27 PM
I really think that the simple Black poster with white and grey "black this out" horizontally aligned.

Oct 19

blackthisout.com

can you set up a chipin for this??? and make sure folks know if it doesn't pan out for these signs all money will be donated on oct 19th to rp!

lucky_bg
10-13-2011, 08:39 PM
Yes parocks, make chip in. Make it for 500$ so we can order some flyers, too.

speciallyblend
10-13-2011, 08:49 PM
would it be overkill?? to suggest bringing 3 mannequins labeled fox,cnn and msnbc and tar and feather them at the protest?? just another idea.. makes for good symbolism.

pauliticalfan
10-13-2011, 08:49 PM

Oct 19

blackthisout.com

Agree, I know justin could come up with a snazzy sign. Has anyone contacted him to see if he'd be able to?

D.A.S.
10-14-2011, 09:06 AM
Attendance is growing...

lucky_bg
10-14-2011, 09:36 AM
Just sent message to all "attending", "maybe attending" and "Awaiting reply" at FB event page:

Tomorrow at noon starts our first day Black THIS Out protest & moneybomb promotion at Fox News HQ in NYC, 1211 Avenue of the Americas. Please wear Ron Paul T-shirts, caps, buttons, and bring any Campaign materials that you have - Ron Paul signs, Black This Out themed posters, flyers, etc.

Also You can invite some of your NYC liberty loving friends to join us at this event, by clicking on "+ Select Guests To Invite" button under main picture on this event page.

Share this event page on your FB wall, on a friend wall, on a wall of a FB group you belong to, or on a wall of a FB page you made, by clicking on a "share" button under title on this event page.

For r3VOLution onward!

thehighwaymanq
10-14-2011, 09:52 AM
Do we really have a lot of people going to Fox tomorrow? I will be in the city and I am interested in showing up!

Eric21ND
10-14-2011, 09:57 AM
I think this could get huge! And if you guys get any coverage, it will only make the BTO money bomb explode all over.

braane
10-14-2011, 09:58 AM
I really like the idea. It's times like this that I wish I lived closer to major cities.

dusman
10-14-2011, 10:05 AM
Whoever will be going tomorrow, can someone take a list to write everyone's names down and get phone numbers, so that we can follow up over the next few days to maintain attendance?

Also, is this schedule solidified? I can add it to the web page once confirmed. However, I would recommend adding additional information for the morning shows on the 19th.

lucky_bg
10-14-2011, 10:06 AM
Do we really have a lot of people going to Fox tomorrow? I will be in the city and I am interested in showing up!

Come and see for yourself. :p

lucky_bg
10-14-2011, 10:11 AM
Whoever will be going tomorrow, can someone take a list to write everyone's names down and get phone numbers, so that we can follow up over the next few days to maintain attendance?

Also, is this schedule solidified? I can add it to the web page once confirmed. However, I would recommend adding additional information for the morning shows on the 19th.

That's it for tomorrow. We have enough time before 19th to adjust schedule for that day. A lot depends on how this goes on weekend days. I expect snowball efect - every next day more people wil know about this event and more will decide to join. You can add general informatin about protest, and specifics for Saturday at FOX HQ and Sunday at CNN HQ for now.

lucky_bg
10-14-2011, 10:49 AM
Could use some upvotes and comments on The Daily Paul about this:

http://www.dailypaul.com/182804/blackthisout-protest-moneybomb-promotion-at-msm-hqs-in-nyc-starts-tomorrow

speciallyblend
10-14-2011, 01:50 PM
I really like the idea. It's times like this that I wish I lived closer to major cities.

its times like these:) made me think of this song haha, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z7fV-wB2z8&ob=av2e
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z7fV-wB2z8&amp;ob=av2e

speciallyblend
10-14-2011, 01:58 PM
Could use some upvotes and comments on The Daily Paul about this:

http://www.dailypaul.com/182804/blackthisout-protest-moneybomb-promotion-at-msm-hqs-in-nyc-starts-tomorrow

commented and voted up on dp http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNdOsL4Xe7Q&ob=av2e
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNdOsL4Xe7Q&amp;ob=av2e

RDM
10-14-2011, 03:21 PM
Have you noticed a increase in Ron Paul's name mentioned today on FOX? Ya think they caught wind of this?

speciallyblend
10-14-2011, 03:29 PM
Have you noticed a increase in Ron Paul's name mentioned today on FOX? Ya think they caught wind of this?

yeah they are probably trying to wipe their ass after the fact but they still have a bunch of dingleberrys before they save face! mr t!

blackthisout.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJnKm6ftPu0 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJnKm6ftPu0

jlaker
10-14-2011, 03:39 PM
Hope we get some good footage tomorrow. I wish I could be there. :(

Steve-in-NY
10-14-2011, 06:43 PM
Make sure you guys go prepared with some evidence of the blackout for each network be it video or printed out because I can pretty much assure you its going to come up "we aren't biased"and it would be great to literally pull proof out of your pocket, especially if the cameras r rolling.

parocks
10-14-2011, 07:31 PM
I've never set up a chipin before. I think maybe dusman or lucky_bg.

Someone who will actually be at this event. I won't be at this event.

I'm working on the beta of a ron paul site which allows registered user to registered user contributions.

I need to test that. Dusman, or lucky or justin, if any of you want to test / take money, it could be done this way.

I need a person with paypal to register, making sure they add their paypal email address.

http://webmusicvideo.com/bachmann2012 . Or, if you don't want to do any hassle, I really just need a paypal email address. I'll do all the work, and people can start sending you money.

parocks
10-14-2011, 07:33 PM
Make sure you guys go prepared with some evidence of the blackout for each network be it video or printed out because I can pretty much assure you its going to come up "we aren't biased"and it would be great to literally pull proof out of your pocket, especially if the cameras r rolling.

Agree 100% with this. Perhaps a special poster or sign for each guilty media outlet.

Find a web page / news article. make a poster out of that biased news article.

freejack
10-14-2011, 07:38 PM
This one is perfect, courtesy of sailingaway: http://blog.lib.umn.edu/cspg/smartpolitics/2011/10/equal_time_romney_records_one.php

Esoteric
10-14-2011, 07:41 PM
This one is perfect, courtesy of sailingaway: http://blog.lib.umn.edu/cspg/smartpolitics/2011/10/equal_time_romney_records_one.php

This. Put it in excel, and print em out. Let's do this. Bump.

centure7
10-14-2011, 07:50 PM
I was one of the few people to vote no. While its a good idea, I think there are better ways to spend the time and money that would go into such a thing. I think that by using the gas money that would be spent advertising on pro-Paul websites like alternative news outlets that frequently cover him it would yield a better return on investment than an MSM protest.

parocks
10-14-2011, 08:05 PM
I was one of the few people to vote no. While its a good idea, I think there are better ways to spend the time and money that would go into such a thing. I think that by using the gas money that would be spent advertising on pro-Paul websites like alternative news outlets that frequently cover him it would yield a better return on investment than an MSM protest.

I agree, typically, about gas money.

In this case, there are 10 Million people in NYC, and a great subway system. If we could get 1% of all New Yorkers, that's 100,000
.1% is 10,000
.01% is 10,000

Remember the tea parties? That was the biggest moneybomb and had the on the ground action.

parocks
10-14-2011, 08:07 PM
This. Put it in excel, and print em out. Let's do this. Bump.

I would also argue that a clearly biased article from the Fox website would be good.
A clearly biased article from the NBC website
A clearly biased article fromt he MSNBC website.

We can point to the article and say "here is where this company was blacking us out"

Something like
"perry 4th" in the headline

speciallyblend
10-14-2011, 10:05 PM
so any word on the ground at all? off to work

RDM
10-14-2011, 10:36 PM
Anyone contacting any radio stations about this. Sometimes radio stations will send a live reporter and do some interviews. It may also create a buzz of more locals showing up.

parocks
10-15-2011, 05:13 AM
can you set up a chipin for this??? and make sure folks know if it doesn't pan out for these signs all money will be donated on oct 19th to rp!

Take a look at this

http://webmusicvideo.com/bachmann2012/index.php/donate

this is the chip in i've set up on the ron paul beta site currently known as bachmann2012.

I do strongly suggest that we find one person who is actually going to be at this event to be "in charge".

It is not likely that I'll be there. Is there any NYC at all that can do this?

That chip in is up and running though, it works like a standard chipin, paypal takes about 4%. I don't know what standard chipins take.

You don't even have to register for the site to use the chip in

parocks
10-15-2011, 05:19 AM
I bought black window film at home depot, for black this out glasses.

We really need a NYC contact person here, who has things like a mailing address. I'm planning on mailing these sunglasses / masks to someone in NYC.

It would be good if we could find a Ron Paul supporter in this city of 10 Million who could just be on top of things.

Do we have this person, these people, this organization?

parocks
10-15-2011, 06:40 AM
I just bought this to test it - for making black this out sunglasses

Gila 36 in. x 78 in. Privacy Window Film
Model # PB78

http://www.homedepot.com/Decor-Window-Films/h_d1/N-brcsZ5yc1v/R-100618512/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

This piece of window film makes approx 100 pairs of sunglasses
and costs
$16.

That's 16 - Sixteen - Cents a piece.

You can buy this at Home Depot, and you can check Home Depot's website to see if they're in stock.

They work well. They are clear enough to see during daylight and clear enough to see in a room with 1 or 2 bulbs.

They stick directly to the face. The plastic is mildly adhesive. black duct tape could put them really on there.

You cannot see in from the outside at all. The plastic appears completely solid from the outside.

http://webmusicvideo.com/bachmann2012/media/kunena/attachments/70/bto5.jpg

http://webmusicvideo.com/bachmann2012/media/kunena/attachments/70/bto6.jpg

parocks
10-15-2011, 08:50 AM
Is anyone going to this? Do they want one of these strips of window film? If they do, PM me your address and I'll mail it to you.

I was planning on sending these cut strips to someone, and I will be, but I do think I can mail them to anyone right now.

thehighwaymanq
10-15-2011, 10:53 AM
I'm here. Where is everyone

parocks
10-15-2011, 10:55 AM
who has a hires version of any of the black this out graphics? Any of them? whoever did it initially. Anything hi res at all.

parocks
10-15-2011, 10:55 AM
are you at the event? where exactly are you?

Steve-in-NY
10-15-2011, 11:40 AM
Are u on 6 th?

ronpaulhawaii
10-15-2011, 11:58 AM
I'm upstate for a long planned personal event. I'll get back to the city tonight. Will try to hook up tomorrow... This is a last minute thing so doing what I can. Sent a pm a couple days ago that has yet to be replied to...

thehighwaymanq
10-15-2011, 02:17 PM
What happened guys? I went at 1 and 4 and both times nobody was there. A cop looked at me and laughed. We started to talk and he said a few cops were there and they had barricudes up. He saud they thought there was goin be 100s of us.

The NYPD send cops and barricades to Fox News all day and nobody showed. How sad

speciallyblend
10-15-2011, 02:27 PM
What happened guys? I went at 1 and 4 and both times nobody was there. A cop looked at me and laughed. We started to talk and he said a few cops were there and they had barricudes up. He saud they thought there was goin be 100s of us.

The NYPD send cops and barricades to Fox News all day and nobody showed. How sad

not sure, this was a short planned event, wish i could be there but i cannot. Cops fearing 100's of ron paul supporters picketing fox news is priceless:) Hopefully this gets more folks outthere soon! either way We win just from what the police had thought!!

RDM
10-15-2011, 02:47 PM
72 people get on the facebook page and commit to show up for this and only 2 people show up? How pathetic. Just hope the media don't throw this in our face.

dusman
10-15-2011, 02:52 PM
"NYPD sent police and barricades expecting 100s of ron paul supporters. I talked to the cop and he said I was the only one who showed up all day"

That is from the Facebook Event page.

At least we know they are paying attention.

Steve-in-NY
10-15-2011, 03:08 PM
Bwhahaha that's actually better than showing up. We blacked out our own "protest"!

dusman
10-15-2011, 03:11 PM
Bwhahaha that's actually better than showing up. Epic troll protest is epic

I think it is clear at this point that they are pretty much scared of Ron Paul supporters. Bahaha...

dusman
10-15-2011, 03:34 PM
However, I'm thinking we need to adjust the planning here a bit. I'm thinking since it was literally a no show, with the exception of a few people, we need to focus on just the 19th to get people out there.

I would do something like this:

Get at least 50-100 dedicated people to show up on the morning shows of the 19th. Hopefully, we'll have more so the reporters would be inclined to ask why they are there. If we have a spokeperson ready to go, they should say something like...

"We're donating to Ron Paul today to show our disappointment of how the media has covered his presidential campaign. Ron Paul raised $8million from 100,000 in Q3, third among all GOP candidates and today, we'll raise enough money that there will be no question Ron Paul is a top-tier candidate. If you believe in Ron Paul, join us down here at Noon at FOX News headquarters. Bring everyone you know! Today is a big day! Black THIS Out!"

Then focus your efforts on building a rally at Noon near FOX. That should be like a meeting point/headquarters. Have a sign in area and get everyone who is attending, including e-mail/number. Have a headcount at 12:30PM and at 1:00PM, branch groups off to head to the other media spots.

In this way, the initial presence will be more dense, having everyone meet at one spot, then use the momentum to push people through to other locations.

People who are coordinating things, should identify people who are dedicated and willing to coordinate at other locations. Send them with sign in sheets and a few pens. Tell them what it's about. Finally, have about 10 people willing to call through the list at each location. Anyone who left a number, call them, leave them a message and tell them to call their friends to come out.

I'd say, we might have a hard time getting the momentum building in the middle of the day, so there should be a push to hype let's say for a 6/7:00PM rally at all the locations and at that point, we should have at least a few hundred phone numbers, e-mails, etc. In fact, you could instead of rallying in the day, have everyone that shows up at the noon rally, should become canvassers and send them out throughout NYC, with sign up sheets in hand. Ask everyone they come across if they support Ron Paul. If so, have them sign up and to join us at 6/7 at the most convenient locations to them.

This way, you build momentum for one day, starting early on the morning shows, the mid day momentum could be used to organize a massive canvassing effort, and the end of the day rally can catch people as they are leaving work.

Just my 2 cents on it. I wouldn't want to shift the plan too much, if there is already a lot of coordination going on.

Eh, I wish I had the money, as I would go out there myself.

thehighwaymanq
10-15-2011, 04:06 PM
It absolutely could work. The space is HUGE over there and we could pack people in there. Huge amount of foot traffic on one of the busiest streets in NYC and tons of cars for a sign-wave.

I'm down to go back again!

speciallyblend
10-15-2011, 04:09 PM
It absolutely could work. The space is HUGE over there and we could pack people in there. Huge amount of foot traffic on one of the busiest streets in NYC and tons of cars for a sign-wave.

I'm down to go back again!

please do if you can, i appreciate everything your doing. If i wasn't broke. i would quit my job and fly to nyc for this but i am a slave to the state!!

thehighwaymanq
10-15-2011, 04:28 PM
Ok let's focus on actually doing this then! WHo controls the FB?

lucky_bg
10-15-2011, 06:28 PM

Now You control, too. :)

dusman
10-15-2011, 06:41 PM
Now You control, too. :)

Lucky, does that change seem ok? I know we haven't gotten much input yet on it.

lucky_bg
10-15-2011, 06:57 PM
Hey, every change seems ok, for me. You are Admin of the page, and now is thehighwaymanq, too.

thehighwaymanq
10-15-2011, 07:27 PM
We should send out a message getting people together who actually will show up. We need to reach out to NYC Liberty HQ who put on the Webster Hall event. And we should change the name to something shorter and more concise while we invite more people. We don't have much time for this!

asurfaholic
10-15-2011, 07:38 PM
Just a thought I had.... do you have to apply for a permit to hold a demonstration? I know we are all against total govt control and all, but id hate to see our people get in trouble or have the event cut short.

Sounds great, wish I could be there...

thehighwaymanq
10-15-2011, 08:06 PM
Just a thought I had.... do you have to apply for a permit to hold a demonstration? I know we are all against total govt control and all, but id hate to see our people get in trouble or have the event cut short.

Sounds great, wish I could be there...

I thought. But who contacted the NYPD or got permits anyway? If they have barricades then I'm thinking it would be fine.

dusman
10-15-2011, 08:07 PM
Don't forget, there is a Supreme Court case that is somewhat related, which is Marsh vs. Alabama.

parocks
10-15-2011, 08:13 PM
Lucky, does that change seem ok? I know we haven't gotten much input yet on it.

Dusman, Lucky, Justin etc. who is in charge of this?

We really need this to be put on blackthisout.com dusman.

And what you're saying is you don't really know all the details.

If that's the case, we need to just decide on the details.

I would argue that

1) October 19
and
2) Rockefeller Center
would be best

That is easy.

However, it doesn't really matter. Because whatever dusman puts up will be better the nothing we got.
Anything. A time and a place for this.

One place that anybody can go and they'll find someone else there.

No one shows up? (not literally, we've heard the story of the person who showed up).

One day. One place (that has Fox, Msnbc and nbc).

parocks
10-15-2011, 08:18 PM
We should send out a message getting people together who actually will show up. We need to reach out to NYC Liberty HQ who put on the Webster Hall event. And we should change the name to something shorter and more concise while we invite more people. We don't have much time for this!

What days do you think you can be at the event?

I would like to mail you something that you could take to the event.

You can be "in charge" whatever that means, on the ground, perhaps?

parocks
10-15-2011, 08:36 PM
However, I'm thinking we need to adjust the planning here a bit. I'm thinking since it was literally a no show, with the exception of a few people, we need to focus on just the 19th to get people out there.

I would do something like this:

Get at least 50-100 dedicated people to show up on the morning shows of the 19th. Hopefully, we'll have more so the reporters would be inclined to ask why they are there. If we have a spokeperson ready to go, they should say something like...

"We're donating to Ron Paul today to show our disappointment of how the media has covered his presidential campaign. Ron Paul raised $8million from 100,000 in Q3, third among all GOP candidates and today, we'll raise enough money that there will be no question Ron Paul is a top-tier candidate. If you believe in Ron Paul, join us down here at Noon at FOX News headquarters. Bring everyone you know! Today is a big day! Black THIS Out!"

Then focus your efforts on building a rally at Noon near FOX. That should be like a meeting point/headquarters. Have a sign in area and get everyone who is attending, including e-mail/number. Have a headcount at 12:30PM and at 1:00PM, branch groups off to head to the other media spots.

In this way, the initial presence will be more dense, having everyone meet at one spot, then use the momentum to push people through to other locations.

People who are coordinating things, should identify people who are dedicated and willing to coordinate at other locations. Send them with sign in sheets and a few pens. Tell them what it's about. Finally, have about 10 people willing to call through the list at each location. Anyone who left a number, call them, leave them a message and tell them to call their friends to come out.

I'd say, we might have a hard time getting the momentum building in the middle of the day, so there should be a push to hype let's say for a 6/7:00PM rally at all the locations and at that point, we should have at least a few hundred phone numbers, e-mails, etc. In fact, you could instead of rallying in the day, have everyone that shows up at the noon rally, should become canvassers and send them out throughout NYC, with sign up sheets in hand. Ask everyone they come across if they support Ron Paul. If so, have them sign up and to join us at 6/7 at the most convenient locations to them.

This way, you build momentum for one day, starting early on the morning shows, the mid day momentum could be used to organize a massive canvassing effort, and the end of the day rally can catch people as they are leaving work.

Just my 2 cents on it. I wouldn't want to shift the plan too much, if there is already a lot of coordination going on.

Eh, I wish I had the money, as I would go out there myself.

I agree. The 19th. Why don't we just announce the location. That's where we want everyone to go.
I would say time - all day. If we could just get our shit together a tiny tiny bit.

This is NYC. If we can't man the one single booth for 24 hours in NYC, we have a serious problem.

Either our organization skills are extremely poor

or

We just don't have anywhere near the supporters we think we do.

We need to find people to sign up to man the table. Can't we just start by calling this a 24 hour tabling event at FOX Studios, or Rockefeller Center.

Decide where we're going to put our table with our slim jims for 24 hours.

Can't we just pull that shit together?

Tell people where the table is.

Yes, everyone sign in.

The grassroots is extremely poorly organized.

Where is NYC for Ron Paul? That should be an organization of thousands.

Has anyone contacted them?

parocks
10-15-2011, 08:45 PM

Change the Facebook to one day and one place. Too confusing. 5 days 3 places.

One day one place one "event" - check in.

Having one place will increase the chance of gathering a crowd, which we failed to do at all, and in an embarrassing fashion.

Make it easy.

One day.

One place.

One table.

At the table, give instructions, or details about other things while there.

Something like "We will be going to other places at certain times. We will give you that information at the one table at the one place."

Gather the large group, send the group elsewhere.

dusman
10-15-2011, 08:56 PM
Change the Facebook to one day and one place. Too confusing. 5 days 3 places.

One day one place one "event" - check in.

Having one place will increase the chance of gathering a crowd, which we failed to do at all, and in an embarrassing fashion.

Make it easy.

One day.

One place.

One table.

At the table, give instructions, or details about other things while there.

Something like "We will be going to other places at certain times. We will give you that information at the one table at the one place."

Gather the large group, send the group elsewhere.

Yep. Right on point with what I'm feeling about this as well.

I'll have time to fully organize this tomorrow, including shifting the web site to reflect it as well. I'll also create sign in sheets and general handouts to pass out, if needed.

parocks
10-15-2011, 09:04 PM
http://www.meetup.com/ronpaul-liberty-HQ/events/36904802/

this is a nyc meetup page for the moneybomb.

http://www.meetup.com/ronpaul-liberty-HQ/events/37508882/

95 people in NYC are attending the debate watching party the night before

Someone from New York, who is going to this event, should be in contact with them

parocks
10-15-2011, 09:22 PM
Have we thought about calling this Black THIS Out Tabling and Sign Wave. Because we do Tabling, we know what Tabling is, and we know what a Sign Wave is.

Instead of all day, put the table near where the first media event is, the first morning show is. And I'm guessing Today show would be a good one to hit.

So, call it 30 Rockefeller Center if possible, or the other one.

And put the start time as a good time to start showing up. 4a? 5a? I don't know when the Today show starts, when people start showing up, etc etc.

But pick a time and a place time 4a - ???.

Dusman, this really I think is your call. You are going to want to pick something that you put on blackthisout.com. Then we go to the blackthisout facebook with these details, and just get everyone on the same page. And then start telling people about that.

Dusman, your call here.

parocks
10-15-2011, 09:31 PM
I support whatever

Name of Event
Date
Time
Place

that DUSMAN picks.

Does everyone agree with that? Dusman is happy, Dusman puts it on blackthisout.com - people will show up.

parocks
10-15-2011, 11:18 PM
http://www.facebook.com/BlackThisOut?sk=events

It would be good if the official BlackThisOut Facebook had 2 events.

The Money Bomb
and this event.

Dusman adds it to blackthisout.com - they add an additional facebook event.

speciallyblend
10-15-2011, 11:29 PM
bottom line is pretty good news that nypd and fox are on alert from having fox blackout ron paul. Now hopefully folks show.

lucky_bg
10-16-2011, 05:03 AM
Number of people on FB event page went up to 81. So, we now know date is 19th. Let's agree on exact location, and I will change FB event page.

RIPLEYMOM
10-16-2011, 05:41 AM
Wear black

parocks
10-16-2011, 06:18 AM
poster graphic links

Original graphic from dusman/justin

http://parocks.com/ronpaul/bto/black-this-out.png

The prices are for 100 posters at http://www.1800postcards.com/Postcards.aspx in new york
one day turnaround. 2 sided. 14 pt c2s - coated 2 sides

vertical posters

19 x 13 vertical plus 3 - $248 - http://parocks.com/ronpaul/bto/1325bto2.jpg

19 x 13 vert - $248 - http://parocks.com/ronpaul/bto/1325bto.jpg

13 x 9.5 vert - $165 - http://parocks.com/ronpaul/bto/975bto.jpg

11 x 8.5 vert - $165 - http://parocks.com/ronpaul/bto/875bto.jpg

9.5 x 6.5 vert - $118 6.75 - http://parocks.com/ronpaul/bto/675bto.jpg

11x8.5 - a photoshop file with layers - http://parocks.com/ronpaul/bto/layersbto.psd

horizontal posters

19 x 2.5 - http://parocks.com/ronpaul/bto/19by2pt5bto.jpg

19 x 3.25 - http://parocks.com/ronpaul/bto/19by3pt25.jpg

Anybody can take the above information and get posters made. From my perspective, as regards me, I'd say the poster part is done.
Any chipins I set up are gone. The person ordering the posters needs to have someone to pick them up, and I won't be there.

It would be great if there was someone in NYC, or a meetup group, with a couple hundred extra dollars, who can easily take care of this expense.
If not, that's great too.

Free BTO Masks / Sunglasses. I have purchased and tested window film to be used as bto sunglasses / masks. I would like to mail/fed ex/upsetc those 3x9 strips of window film to someone in NY who will be at the event on Wednesday. If someone would like to do this, please PM an address that i can fedex/ups/mail to.

parocks
10-16-2011, 06:24 AM
http://www.facebook.com/groups/146025745467564/?notif_t=group_activity

someone needs to talk to ronpaulhawaii about getting the NYC people he knows from the meetup on board.

speciallyblend
10-16-2011, 07:27 AM
http://www.facebook.com/groups/146025745467564/?notif_t=group_activity

someone needs to talk to ronpaulhawaii about getting the NYC people he knows from the meetup on board.

i talked to him , sounds like we will have some feet on the ground:) they are organizing now! I think rph will post here if there is anything we can do from the outside to help!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4HZKDel9N0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4HZKDel9N0

speciallyblend
10-16-2011, 11:12 AM

did you get pics of the nypd and any fox officials? we might not have had folks there day one but to me this is fox admitting they do ignore ron paul and have blacked him out or they wouldn't of asked for nypd and roping off areas around fox. To me this is admission of guilt!!

ronpaulhawaii
10-16-2011, 11:19 AM
Actually, I offered to help connect the people here and the LHQ people days ago, but have pretty much been ignored...

Crotale
10-16-2011, 12:38 PM
Bump.....shame this didn't get off the ground. We need to put more effort into this to get it to work.

dusman
10-16-2011, 01:08 PM
Bump.....shame this didn't get off the ground. We need to put more effort into this to get it to work.

We'll get it together. We are going to re-shift the effort here a bit and get more coordination happening on the ground.

dusman
10-16-2011, 02:56 PM
Here is a rough draft for a flyer, including an easier to follow plan of action. Would like input from you guys!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Media Black Out Rally

THIS IS A CALL TO ACTION: Ron Paul supporters on October 19th, 2011 at __________________ in New York City, we need you to help us confront the press and send them a strong message – we demand a fair and unbiased media! Show the media we are here to stay and that we stand 100% behind Ron Paul! We believe our candidate is the best choice for the GOP nomination and on October 19th, our numbers will prove that Ron Paul has the most dedicated support in the nation to back it up!

Are You a Ron Paul Supporter in the NYC Area? We Need YOU!

We need leaders on the ground to help us coordinate this exciting rally!
We need canvassers, who will identify Ron Paul supporters on the streets of NYC!
We need people to table, so that we can promote the rally in dozens of locations!
Most urgently, we need YOU to be there, to help us STAND UP to the media!
CALL TO ACTION

Operation Mornin’ Darlin’: 6:00AM - 8:00AM – 30 Rockefeller Plaza
We need 50 – 100 early birds to attend the morning shows of October 19th, at __________________ so that millions of Americans across the country might discover that something big is happening for Ron Paul this fine day! It shall be remembered as the day the media tried to Black THIS Out and failed! Show up well dressed, sunglasses at the ready and promotional signs cleverly prepared to be blacked out! Remember, we aren’t always welcome, so don’t make it too obvious that you are a Ron Paul supporter! When we are in, wait for the cue, and we’ll all get out our signs, put on our sunglasses, and make a positive, impactful presence for all of America to see!

Operation Street Sweep: 12:00PM – 4:00PM – FOX News Headquarters
For those available to help us in the mid day, show up at ____________________________ and be sure to sign in! We need volunteers to help us canvas the streets of New York City to identify Ron Paul supporters and get them to participate in our rally later in the evening! We will also have tables set up around the city to pass out promotional flyers for our event! We need YOU to make this a success! Our objective will be to collect as many names, numbers, and e-mails as possible and work on getting these people out for our final operation!

Operation Too Big to Fail: 5:00PM – 8:00PM – All Media Headquarters
We will coordinate our canvassers and tables to move to our rally points and start calling on our supporters to get out to each location! Each rally point will have tables for more information! We expect those attending to dress for success and we ask that everyone represents Ron Paul in a positive manner! We want to make our presence known, through peaceful, yet assertive means! Please do not bring signs that are provocative or might reflect poorly on our rally!

Together, we can all send a strong message to America on October 19th that Ron Paul is a front-runner with tens of thousands of supporters, prepared to donate millions of dollars to his campaign!

With your help, not only will the streets of NYC echo “BLACK THIS OUT”, but the whole nation will hear it too! This day is for you, Ron Paul supporters! Capture it and help us make history!

lucky_bg
10-16-2011, 02:58 PM
Great plan! + rep

dusman
10-16-2011, 03:18 PM
Bump, need input so I can pass this off to RonPaulHawaii and get the ball rolling.

dusman
10-16-2011, 04:02 PM
Media Black Out Rally

THIS IS A CALL TO ACTION: Ron Paul supporters on October 19th, 2011 at __________________ in New York City, we need you to help us confront the press and send them a strong message – we demand a fair and unbiased media! Show the media we are here to stay and that we stand 100% behind Ron Paul! We believe our candidate is the best choice for the GOP nomination and on October 19th, our numbers will prove that Ron Paul has the most dedicated support in the nation to back it up!

Are You a Ron Paul Supporter in the NYC Area? We Need YOU!

We need canvassers, who will identify Ron Paul supporters on the streets of NYC!
We need people to table, so that we can promote the rally in dozens of locations!
CALL TO ACTION

Operation Mornin’ Darlin’: 6:00AM - 8:00AM – 30 Rockefeller Plaza
We need 50 – 100 early birds to attend the morning shows of October 19th, at __________________ so that millions of Americans across the country might discover that something big is happening for Ron Paul this fine day! It shall be remembered as the day the media tried to Black THIS Out and failed! Show up well dressed, sunglasses at the ready and promotional signs cleverly prepared to be blacked out! Remember, we aren’t always welcome, so don’t make it too obvious that you are a Ron Paul supporter! When we are in, wait for the cue, and we’ll all get out our signs, put on our sunglasses, and make a positive, impactful presence for all of America to see!

Operation Street Sweep: 12:00PM – 4:00PM – FOX News Headquarters
For those available to help us in the mid day, show up at ____________________________ and be sure to sign in! We need volunteers to help us canvas the streets of New York City to identify Ron Paul supporters and get them to participate in our rally later in the evening! We will also have tables set up around the city to pass out promotional flyers for our event! We need YOU to make this a success! Our objective will be to collect as many names, numbers, and e-mails as possible and work on getting these people out for our final operation!

Operation Too Big to Fail: 5:00PM – 8:00PM – All Media Headquarters
We will coordinate our canvassers and tables to move to our rally points and start calling on our supporters to get out to each location! Each rally point will have tables for more information! We expect those attending to dress for success and we ask that everyone represents Ron Paul in a positive manner! We want to make our presence known, through peaceful, yet assertive means! Please do not bring signs that are provocative or might reflect poorly on our rally!

Together, we can all send a strong message to America on October 19th that Ron Paul is a front-runner with tens of thousands of supporters, prepared to donate millions of dollars to his campaign!

With your help, not only will the streets of NYC echo “BLACK THIS OUT”, but the whole nation will hear it too! This day is for you, Ron Paul supporters! Capture it and help us make history!

I need input on this, guys and gals.

parocks
10-16-2011, 05:20 PM
I would argue that everything sounds good. But I would simplify it by saying that the event takes place from 6a - whenever at Rockefeller Center.

The details should include the other places.

there should be a homebase.

Like a facebook event
Name of event _____________
Date of event ______________
Time of event _____________
More details __________________

It's still confusing.

dusman
10-16-2011, 05:25 PM
I would argue that everything sounds good. But I would simplify it by saying that the event takes place from 6a - whenever at Rockefeller Center.

The details should include the other places.

there should be a homebase.

Like a facebook event
Name of event _____________
Date of event ______________
Time of event _____________
More details __________________

It's still confusing.

I'm waiting on details about final locations from those on the ground who have a better idea where to be. However, I agree that the wording probably should be tightened up and made more clear.

I'll continue making modifications and posting them here, as long as I get some feedback.

ronpaulhawaii
10-16-2011, 05:49 PM
meanwhile, back at the office:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/307264_10150429916582953_663957952_10104260_457068 1_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/311096_10150430018587953_663957952_10105127_632403 257_n.jpg

Next is a bold blackTHISout.com sign, and something like the one attached earlier

Gonna try for tabling at one spot a day ... Would be great to see it grow...

parocks
10-16-2011, 06:32 PM
A hub and spoke system.

A hub - main table at 30 Rock or nearby - which answers "where do I go"?

People show up there, and then are sent elsewhere. And that 1 booth will be manned up until the end of the moneybomb.

"Each rally point will have tables for more information!" Unless there isn't a table for more information.

I think we should start with the one table, and then another table, or another table.

But all of everything that is there I'm in favor of.

I just think there should be just one place anyone can go. One place for people to remember, one largest crowd. And then those people perhaps move as a group from point A to point B. Or, they get handed a piece of paper with all of the various details on it.

parocks
10-16-2011, 06:45 PM
Operation Final Push: 8:00PM – 12:00AM – Rockefeller Center.

If available, the black this out ticker can be projected against a wall. People can look at the large numbers, get excited, and use laptops, smart phones, tablets, to enter their data into the computer. Or resourceful people can figure out a way for $ to get into the system in other ways.

I would think that the best time for this would be right before midnight, when the numbers are highest, and people are being exhorted to hit that $6Million or break the tea party record, or whatever. Curious passersby would be caught up in the moment and contribute.

parocks
10-16-2011, 06:59 PM
I'm waiting on details about final locations from those on the ground who have a better idea where to be. However, I agree that the wording probably should be tightened up and made more clear.

I'll continue making modifications and posting them here, as long as I get some feedback.

Is the name

"Media Black Out Rally"

If we can settle on a name, that would be a great start.

Then a time

A date and a place.

If someone was to ask me "when and where is this?"

I would like to be able to answer them with out using a phrase like "well, it depends. It depends on the time. I don't really remember, but the details are on the website."

I'm in favor of every single one of these ideas. I think we should do them. But we need 1 (One) time. 1 (One) location. 1 (One) table that everyone can go to for the detailed information.

dusman
10-16-2011, 07:24 PM
--------| FRONT OF FLYER |-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Black THIS Out Rally

From 6AM-8PM on October 19th, 2011 at ____________________________.

THIS IS A CALL TO ACTION: Ron Paul supporters, on October 19th, 2011 we will be holding a rally in New York City at ___________________________ and need a BIG presence to confront the press and send them a strong message – that we demand a fair and unbiased media!

Have You Heard About the Black THIS Out Moneybomb?
The Black THIS Out moneybomb is a nationwide donation effort on October 19th to raise money for Ron Paul’s campaign! To help raise awareness, we are holding an all-day rally in New York City at __________ _________________ to show the media, we mean business! We will have tables at this location all day to assist those who would like to participate!

You are the difference… NOT the media!

Meet us at __________________________ anytime during October 19th, to get involved!

--------| BACK OF FLYER |-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Operation Mornin’ Darlin’: 6:00AM - 8:00AM – Black This Out Headquarters
We need supporters to show up, the morning of October 19th, at _____________________ so that we can promote the Black THIS Out moneybomb on the morning shows! Show up well dressed, sunglasses at the ready and promotional signs cleverly prepared to be blacked out! Remember, we aren’t always welcome, so don’t make it too obvious that you are a Ron Paul supporter!
Our objective is to get free, national promotion on the morning show LIVE!

Operation Street Sweep: 12:00PM – 5:00PM – Black This Out Headquarters
For those available during the day, show up at Black THIS Out Headquarters at _______________________________ and be sure to sign in! We need volunteers to help us canvas the streets of New York City to identify Ron Paul supporters and get them to participate in our rally later in the evening!
Our objective will be to collect as many names, numbers, and e-mails as possible and work on getting these people out for our final rally point!

Operation Too Big to Fail: 5:00PM – 8:00PM – Black This Out Headquarters
Join us at __________________________________ for our final rally to proclaim to the media, Black THIS Out! We want to make our presence known, through peaceful, yet assertive means!

Footnotes: Always remember, dress for success! Please do not bring signs that are provocative or might reflect poorly on our rally!

-------------------------------------------------

Keep in mind, this is purely content. I'll create a design around it to be more appealing and draw attention to the most important information. The main change here is no mention of any other locations, but the one set for "headquarters".

TexMac
10-16-2011, 07:27 PM
http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/USNY0996?dayNum=3

70% chance of rain on the 19th. You'll need a way to keep stuff dry.

dusman
10-16-2011, 07:35 PM
Operation Final Push: 8:00PM – 12:00AM – Rockefeller Center.

If available, the black this out ticker can be projected against a wall. People can look at the large numbers, get excited, and use laptops, smart phones, tablets, to enter their data into the computer. Or resourceful people can figure out a way for $ to get into the system in other ways.

I would think that the best time for this would be right before midnight, when the numbers are highest, and people are being exhorted to hit that $6Million or break the tea party record, or whatever. Curious passersby would be caught up in the moment and contribute.

I really like this idea, actually. We should have a live stream as well.