PDA

View Full Version : Koch Brothers Back Herman Cain

amy31416
10-08-2011, 07:20 PM
Huh. Thought they were "Libertarians."

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2011/03/on-koch-supported-herman-cain.html

On Koch Supported Herman Cain
I've noticed that Herman Cain, who is already an announced candidate for president, seems to have a close association with the Koch brothers. He attended the recent Koch conference in Rancho Mirage and he has been a speaker at the Koch-funded rightonline.

I have seen clips of him speak, but never anything of substance. He sure can deliver a speech though (see below). So I was excited to see that he was going to appear on Eliot Spitzer's CNN show last night. True to form he gave one hell of a performance. Lot's of talk about cutting government down to size (all generalities though), and he threw out the fact that he was a former exec at Pillsbury and CEO of Godfather's Pizza for 10 years. But then Spitzer zeroed in. He asked Cain about the war in Iraq. Cain said he supported it because, get this, Saddam was using weapons of mass destruction against his own people. Cain also said that he was in favor of food stamps (Though the program needs to cut out fraud). It also sounds like Cain is in favor of some kind of "fair tax", whatever that is.

And, oh yeah, he's a former chairman (1995-96) and deputy chairman (1992-94) of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.

What the hell are the Koch brothers thinking?

When you compare Ron Paul to Herman Cain, the choice is obvious. Congressman Paul says, let's start by bringing U.S. troops home from overseas to help reduce the budget deficit and shift priorities to Americans. He is like that on every issue. He is always about details and specifics He doesn't talk in generalities such as "Well I'm a great manager", like Cain does. Everybody says that, from Mitt Romney to Rudy Giuliani. Who needs more of that?

More at link: http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2011/03/on-koch-supported-herman-cain.html

Lafayette
10-08-2011, 07:25 PM
Herman Cain's new 99999 plan!

9 printing presses from 9 Federal Reserve branches to fund 9
bailouts for 9 bankers 9trillion each

juleswin
10-08-2011, 07:25 PM
If I remember correctly, they were backing Romney before this. I seems the capitalist Koch care very little the free market. My guess is that the free market will cut into their profits :(

amy31416
10-08-2011, 07:33 PM
If I remember correctly, they were backing Romney before this. I seems the capitalist Koch care very little the free market. My guess is that the free market will cut into their profits :(

Didn't know about Romney...agreed that they really don't give a rat's butt about the free market.

Lafayette
10-08-2011, 07:36 PM
Didn't know about Romney...agreed that they really don't give a rat's butt about the free market.

What do you mean? Your telling me a former Federal Reserve branch chairmen and supporter of TARP isn't free market :eek:.... but his pizza is sooooo delicious!

pcosmar
10-08-2011, 07:40 PM
:.... but his pizza is sooooo delicious!

We must have completely different taste in Pizza.

Lafayette
10-08-2011, 07:45 PM
We must have completely different taste in Pizza.

Can't say i have ever eaten a slice of Godfathers pizza :D

amy31416
10-08-2011, 07:47 PM
I've never even seen a Godfather's Pizza franchise, much less tasted their wares.

I wonder if their sales went up or down since he's been a candidate...

Knightskye
10-08-2011, 07:57 PM
He attended one conference and spoke at another, and suddenly he's a "Koch-backed candidate"?

juleswin
10-08-2011, 08:18 PM
As a consumer of Godfather's pizza, I can say they have the tastiest crust ever. Jokes aside, their pizza lunch buffet deal cant be beat when it comes to pizza buffets (dont consider cici's to be pizza)

libertybrewcity
10-08-2011, 08:18 PM
I wish I had a Wheel of Fortune gif right now landing on Cain's face.

demolama
10-08-2011, 08:33 PM
They have a thing against anyone associated with the Ludwig von Mises institute.

COpatriot
10-08-2011, 08:36 PM

They're libertarians like Glenn Beck is a "libertarian".

Brett85
10-08-2011, 08:37 PM
It seems strange that some libertarians support Cain. Neil Boortz supports him as well.

pcosmar
10-08-2011, 08:44 PM
It seems strange that some libertarians support Cain. Neil Boortz supports him as well.

Self affixed labels being what they are,,