PDA

View Full Version : Calling out FOX News on their blatant bias

Bruno
10-08-2011, 05:51 PM
The ticker reads:

"Paul fares consistently well in straw polls, but has been steadily traling Mitt Romney and Rick Perry in to trail Perry in traditional ones."

I'll try to get the exact wording and edit if it comes up again, that is from memory.

What utter bias and blatant disregard for objective journalism. They would not do this to any other candidate who won. Just another example of the pathetic attempt at media spin by a mega-corporation with skin in the game, doomed to be negatively effective if Ron Paul were to be re-elected.

Tie that in with their headline of his win, citing Cain's name first, and somehow having him win with Paul when Paul beat him by more than 50% of Cain's share: "Cain and Paul win VVS Straw Poll".

His story on their site is trending #4, but is not found in the featured topics, the main page, the Politics page, or anywhere else easy to find. How very odd...

Now the story they are talking about is, "With Herman Cain's 2nd place win, he continues to gain support...." You'd think with Ron Paul's 37%, vs. Cain's 23, PAUL would be the one they were talking about if they were "Fair and Balanced."

WHERE IS THE INTERVIEW WITH RON PAUL, FOX??

On the plus side, I did see the Ron Paul Veteran's ad run on FOX shortly after the win. :D

I've got a few phrases for you, FAUX News: "Black THIS Out!" and "No One But Paul!"

bluesc
10-08-2011, 05:55 PM
Yet he is trailing Cain by 1% and Perry by 5% :rolleyes:. Damn those huge margins.

On the plus side, I did see the Ron Paul Veteran's ad run on FOX shortly after the win.

That's why the BTO moneybomb is so important.

No one but Paul.

RIPLEYMOM
10-08-2011, 05:57 PM
Ron has been running against the media, not a candidate. We need to name the enemy, declare war, and win. We need a Ron Paul ad that ties this era's media phenomenon to propaganda machines of the past: Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini. That, visually, ought to do the trick. -I posted this on another thread, then saw this one and thought It would fit here, too. :)

Brett85
10-08-2011, 05:59 PM
The only way that Ron is going to get any attention from the media is if he wins the Iowa caucus. That's why it's so important to go all out in Iowa and pull off an upset win there. If Ron could win the Iowa caucus, he would go up 10-20% overnight in the national polls.

acptulsa
10-08-2011, 06:00 PM
Ah, but Faux isn't trashing its own credibility this time, because CBS dumped its credibility on the proverbial sword and broke the story first. So, Rupert is just keeping up with the Joneses.

I wonder if any other campaigns are busily covering up their own failed efforts to ship people down to Florida before we dig the evidence up...

The only way that Ron is going to get any attention from the media is if he wins the Iowa caucus. That's why it's so important to go all out in Iowa and pull off an upset win there. If Ron could win the Iowa caucus, he would go up 10-20% overnight in the national polls.

Don't be too sure. The speech that won this conference over was awfully good, and we're awfully good at making things like that go viral.

Bruno
10-08-2011, 06:01 PM
They just ran an incredibly short statement, without a shred of interest or excitement, "Ron Paul was the favorite at the straw poll...then show a scene of Gingrich and NO scene of Ron Paul, the winner!! Wtf, FOX! How more obvious can you be? Another accident like showing the prior year's CPAC announcement with the boos?

Dr.3D
10-08-2011, 06:04 PM
-I posted this on another thread, then saw this one and thought It would fit here, too. :)
The big media has been selecting the president for decades. Of course, if people knew they were being duped by the media, most would do a bit more independent research on each candidate.

acptulsa
10-08-2011, 06:04 PM
How more obvious can you be? Another accident like showing the prior year's CPAC announcement with the boos?

More yellowcake-grade journalism. Just another fair and balanced day...

The big media has been selecting the president for decades. Of course, if people knew they were being duped by the media, most would do a bit more independent research on each candidate.

Well, I'm inclined to say that we're doing some good in this department, thanks in no small part to the miracle of the internet. We're forcing them to make themselves awfully obvious. We just don't have far to go before we force them to do something that no moron in denial could possibly fail to see through no matter how hard he or she tries.

TexAg09
10-08-2011, 06:05 PM
Then they will dismiss Iowa as not knowing what America wants....

TheTexan
10-08-2011, 06:45 PM

Paul wins Iowa Caucus: "Paul won here, but is still behind Romney, Perry, and Cain who tend to have more support in the more significant states"
Paul wins more caucus/primaries: "Cain's showing here that he has what it takes to take the nomination, and Romney continues to prove he's a contender"
Paul wins nomination: "Well I think there's going to be a recount, as there clearly is a mistake... but if Paul did win, this will be a huge surprise! Noone saw this coming at all"

(le sigh)

KCIndy
10-08-2011, 07:05 PM
Paul wins Iowa Caucus: "Paul won here, but is still behind Romney, Perry, and Cain who tend to have more support in the more significant states"
Paul wins more caucus/primaries: "Cain's showing here that he has what it takes to take the nomination, and Romney continues to prove he's a contender"
Paul wins nomination: "Well I think there's going to be a recount, as there clearly is a mistake... but if Paul did win, this will be a huge surprise! Noone saw this coming at all"

(le sigh)

Yeah, that pretty well sums it up. :(

AdamT
10-08-2011, 07:16 PM
Faux is Establishment owned media. What do you expect? They hate Ron and are scared to death his ideas might catch on with the mainstream public.

They don't want the status quo to change....at all.

speciallyblend
10-08-2011, 07:18 PM
might be time to Occupy MSM and picket and protest and hold blackthisout banners in front of all local fox stations, ny,la and all the big cities and add cnn and msnbc to the list as well. We should OCCUPY MSM!!!!!!

libertygirl2
10-08-2011, 07:27 PM
Headline: "Paul and Cain Win Values Voter Straw Poll"

http://nation.foxnews.com/ron-paul/2011/10/08/paul-and-cain-win-values-voter-straw-poll

//

Didn't realize this was in the original post - sorry.

No Free Beer
10-08-2011, 07:40 PM
I saw this. To be honest, at 7 pm, they discussed the straw poll and they were very fair with Ron. They said for him to win a social conservative straw poll means he is becoming increasingly popular. At this point, we shouldn't be surprised anymore with what the MSM is doing. Lets have a good money bomb and move on...

John F Kennedy III
10-08-2011, 07:58 PM
might be time to Occupy MSM and picket and protest and hold blackthisout banners in front of all local fox stations, ny,la and all the big cities and add cnn and msnbc to the list as well. We should OCCUPY MSM!!!!!!

I have no idea why nobody is doing this to Fox and CNN. Is MSNBC in NYC too?

Fr0m_3ur0pe
10-09-2011, 07:21 AM
"Local media"-bomb? All RP-fans will send mail for their local papers to publish. One day for papers, one day for calling to radio?

orenbus
10-09-2011, 07:22 AM
Ron Paul Sign Bomb Monday October 10, 2011
in less than 24 hours...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwCsrWxSozQ

http://www.ronpaulsignbomb.com/

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?320314-Video-Ron-Paul-Sign-Bomb-Coming-October-10th