PDA

View Full Version : Got dragged by security out of Herman Cain's book signing after asking him this question..

Kalebthefinn
10-08-2011, 04:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWVYasnSjKk

Went to a book signing and asked Cain a question: "You were the federal reserve chairman in Kansas City and up until one week before the housing bubble collapse in '08 you were calling the economy great, the housing bubble 'a fairy tale' and mocking those warning of the housing bubble as ignorant, gullible and uninformed."

At that point security grabbed me and dragged me away while I was asking

"How will you be any different as president?"

Herman Cain's response: "This is a book signing."

Visit this site for list of articles Cain wrote fully displaying his utter incompetence to lead us through what some are calling "the worlds greatest financial collapse" possibly lying ahead of us.

http://www.tomwoods.com/blog/one-week-before-collapse-cain-says-economy-great/

-Edit-
Of course it was a book signing and I couldn't legitimately expect a real response. But the question is what is important, not the answer, and since I'll never have the chance to ask him that in a national debate I figured what can it hurt to try when he comes to sign books one mile from my house? Security dragging me away seemed like a bit of an over-reaction, they musta been on cue for any word like "federal reserve". He was briefly engaging other people, wasn't a signing mega-blitz, which made the reaction a bit more amusing. I hope this will inspire someone else to ask him when he has to respond, answering the question will kill him. whatev. Good times.

asurfaholic
10-08-2011, 04:21 PM
Sorry sir, can't have you asking real questions here. Please exit promptly

:toady:

WarNoMore
10-08-2011, 04:21 PM
"This is a book signing" is the answer someone with no answers gives.

Aratus
10-08-2011, 04:30 PM
i really hope security let you keep your own UNSIGNED BOOK!
if CEO Cain had any john hancock panache, he'd have answered
you via his magic marker! heck, hades + ben hecht!!! indeed!

steve005
10-08-2011, 05:03 PM
the answer someone gives when they don't want to answwer

TheTexan
10-08-2011, 05:16 PM
Ron Paul doesn't dodge questions. even when signing books :)

FreedomProsperityPeace
10-08-2011, 05:17 PM
Even though he didn't answer, it was good that you put the question to him on video. Maybe people will see this, and that question will gain traction.

pcosmar
10-08-2011, 05:22 PM
Did you have to buy a book ?
@wasteofmoney
:(

Aratus
10-08-2011, 05:24 PM
i hope they gave him his book back

bluesc
10-08-2011, 05:26 PM
Good job dude. This is a question that should be asked on a national level, Cain is terrible at answering questions about his record.

Dr.3D
10-08-2011, 05:27 PM
I'm pretty sure the entire Cain campaign is a front to sell his book. Of course he can have a double win if people are ignorant enough to vote for him.

puppetmaster
10-08-2011, 05:33 PM
awesome

wgadget
10-08-2011, 05:37 PM
Anyone know how I can twitter the Youtube out to the dumb masses? I don't see a link.

JoshLowry
10-08-2011, 05:43 PM
Click the youtube logo on the videos to take you to the youtube page.

Nice job Kaleb!

AGRP
10-08-2011, 06:34 PM
I guess thats the mysterious "straight talk" that Fox News cant stop raving about. :rolleyes:

angelatc
10-08-2011, 06:37 PM
Wow - who's the grumpy old man now, grumpy old man?

wgadget
10-08-2011, 06:54 PM
Click the youtube logo on the videos to take you to the youtube page.

Nice job Kaleb!

Thanks! It has now hit the Twittersphere.

Reason
10-08-2011, 06:56 PM
pwned

puppetmaster
10-08-2011, 07:14 PM
btw....do we have footage or documentation on this.....good stuff

specsaregood
10-08-2011, 07:53 PM
Herman Cain's response: "This is a book signing."

If Perry had taken this tactic and skipped the debates as well he'd still be in the #1 spot.

AGRP
10-08-2011, 10:01 PM
This video is going to have to go viral via grassroots: US

Cain is the flavor of the month and the MSM/Drudge/etc. have been instructed to treat him with kid gloves.

Anti Federalist
10-08-2011, 10:19 PM
Silence, Mundane!

bunklocoempire
10-09-2011, 02:32 AM
Nice one!:)

Bunkloco

Lothario
10-09-2011, 02:44 AM
lol, come on now. Hermann Cain has plenty of issues, but this is just silly. It WAS just a book signing - he was getting people through at a rate of about 1 book per 7 seconds - no talking or chatting, just handshake, thank you, move on. It's pretty ridiculous to expect an answer, and even worse to blame the guy when he doesn't give you one. Good intentions bro, but bring it up when he has the time to answer and people get a chance to hear his lack of intellectual integrity.

Remember, Ron Paul's position is actually sound...we really don't need to resort to these silly 'gotcha' hit-and-runs to make a point. I'd be willing to bet, if anything, this will just reinforce the distaste of RP that most non-RP fans who see this already have.

Don Lapre
10-09-2011, 03:35 AM
Dude, you're an idiot.

It's a fucking BOOK SIGNING, not a question and answer session.

You were out of line.

Pull your head out of your ass and stop making Ron Paul supporters look like a gang of morons.

Well, sadly, I guess most are, judging from the comments here.

Pitiful.

Dr.3D
10-09-2011, 03:42 AM
Dude, you're an idiot.

You were out of line.

Pull your head out of your ass and stop making Ron Paul supporters look like a gang of morons.

Pitiful.

Perhaps you don't know that personal attacks are not allowed on these forums?

WarNoMore
10-09-2011, 03:51 AM

The generalization he threw in at the end was icing on the cake. Certainly convinced me. This is the first time in the history of man that someone has ever asked a question or made a comment while getting something signed. The OP has brought shame upon us, I know I personally judge myself based upon his actions rather than my own. It only makes sense.

Dr.3D
10-09-2011, 03:55 AM
The generalization he threw in at the end was icing on the cake. Certainly convinced me. This is the first time in the history of man that someone has ever asked a question or made a comment while getting something signed. The OP has brought shame upon us, I know I personally judge myself based upon his actions rather than my own. It only makes sense.

Still, one may disagree without calling someone an idiot and telling them to pull their head out etc. That's just childish behavior.

Kalebthefinn
10-09-2011, 04:44 AM
I was hoping he would engage... Fully aware of the possibility he wouldn't. He gave the best possible answer from his perspective. Any answer to that question woulda killed him. It is completely rhetorical, the question being the important thing not his answer. I didn't say a word about Ron Paul. I had to wait for two hours in line to ask him that ha. Sure it was a book signing, sure I couldnt legitimately expect him to answer. My hope is only to inspire others to ask the same question. How awesome would it be to see him asked that question at a national debate? Since I'll never have that chance I figured I'd ask him when he came to town to sign books.

Don Lapre
10-09-2011, 04:57 AM

Oh?

Well seeing as I was called ---> A BIGOT multiple times for objecting to children being placed in homes to be raised by homosexuals, I assumed personal attacks are somehow being allowed here.

Nobody was scolded or banned for personally attacking me that way.

Kalebthefinn
10-09-2011, 05:06 AM
It did seem to be a bit of an over-reaction to have security drag me away for asking a question... They were probably on standby, on the ready for any mention of words like 'federal
Reserve' haha. I probably shoulda just asked "why'd you call the housing bubble a fairy tale?" maybe he woulda engaged. But I was guessing he would do exactly what he did anyway, and then the question wouldn't have been as rhetorical. And to be fair he was briefly conversing with other people in front of me... It wasn't some Ron Paul super-fast-extreme-blitz signing. Whatev. Good times.

Don Lapre
10-09-2011, 05:11 AM
Did they "drag you" away on the ground?

devil21
10-09-2011, 05:21 AM
Did they "drag you" away on the ground?

Stop trolling. If you don't like this forum, the members and comments then feel free to go somewhere else.

Ranger29860
10-09-2011, 05:29 AM
Oh?

Well seeing as I was called ---> A BIGOT multiple times for objecting to children being placed in homes to be raised by homosexuals, I assumed personal attacks are somehow being allowed here.

Nobody was scolded or banned for personally attacking me that way.

You calimed that it was child abuse. don't cloud the issue.

It was a legitimate tactic to ask a question at a book signing. Remember the video of Perry getting asked about the vaccine? I didn't see anyone crying foul at that. It would have been in Cains best interest to answer the question as quickly as possible to seem informed and to keep the line moving. Now he just has this to deal with.

Don Lapre
10-09-2011, 05:30 AM
Stop trolling. If you don't like this forum, the members and comments then feel free to go somewhere else.

LOL

It's called a question.

This person keeps talking about being "dragged away" and I'd like to know what that means.

From the clip that was posted, it appeared as if this person took a very rude approach toward H. Cain - and using video to try to capture the "gotcha" exchange that was instigated.

I saw a lack of common sense and basic understanding of civil behavior on this person's part, sorry.

Just calling it as I see it.

I'm NOT supporting Herman Cain's candidacy in any way, shape, or form.

Don Lapre
10-09-2011, 05:32 AM
You calimed that it was child abuse. don't cloud the issue.

Yes, I did.

Is that your justification for personally attacking me by calling me a BIGOT?

I expressed a simple opinion.

Sola_Fide
10-09-2011, 05:33 AM
Ron Paul doesn't dodge questions. even when signing books :)

Yeah. The great thing about Ron is he will look at you and give you an answer no matter what the venue or the politics involved.

Ranger29860
10-09-2011, 05:34 AM
Yes, I did.

Is that your justification for personally attacking me by calling me a BIGOT?

I expressed a simple opinion.

If you feel that is was in the wrong for me to bestow that title to you then by all means report it. If not let it be and don't use it as an excuse.

Sola_Fide
10-09-2011, 05:35 AM
Silence, Mundane!

LoL. I knew this was coming. You have great timing.

Don Lapre
10-09-2011, 05:37 AM
Buddah, this was not a simple question that was posed.
It was a semi-RANT directed AT the man - and then an expectation that he is supposed to then engage in a self-defense of sort.

If this person wanted to ask him a question, then go up with the book and politely ask a question.
I don't think it would have then ended up with him being "dragged away" like he claims he was.

Don Lapre
10-09-2011, 05:40 AM
If you feel that is was in the wrong for me to bestow that title to you then by all means report it. If not let it be and don't use it as an excuse.

I couldn't care less what anyone calls anyone else on here.

I only made mention of you (and others) attacking me as a BIGOT because I was accused of personally attacking this person who confronted Herman Cain.

Just wondering if I was really wrong to "personally attack" this guy, seeing as I was personally attacked and nobody seemed to give half a shit about it.

Czolgosz
10-09-2011, 05:44 AM
lol, come on now. Hermann Cain has plenty of issues, but this is just silly. It WAS just a book signing - he was getting people through at a rate of about 1 book per 7 seconds - no talking or chatting, just handshake, thank you, move on. It's pretty ridiculous to expect an answer, and even worse to blame the guy when he doesn't give you one. Good intentions bro, but bring it up when he has the time to answer and people get a chance to hear his lack of intellectual integrity.

Remember, Ron Paul's position is actually sound...we really don't need to resort to these silly 'gotcha' hit-and-runs to make a point. I'd be willing to bet, if anything, this will just reinforce the distaste of RP that most non-RP fans who see this already have.

Agreed. Book singing isn't the forum for debate.

I too would like Mr. Cain to answer the question. :D

IDefendThePlatform
10-09-2011, 05:47 AM
Well done. Maybe you could submit this if there is another video question debate? Obviously they wouldn't choose it, but it might make the organizers decide to use something similar.

Romulus
10-09-2011, 06:16 AM
Its a book signing? lol excuse me, do not disturb the delicate genius!

Cain is hot tempered and one of these days he is going to blow... keep up the pressure! The man can't handle it. Book signing, so what, keep on asking those questions.

donnay
10-09-2011, 06:39 AM
Great job, Kaleb! All these actors need to be exposed for the fakes and frauds that they are!

If they want to play politician they have to assume the role, on and off the camera! More people need to go out with cameras where ever these clowns are campaigning or signing their 'million dollar' book deals and asked the hard questions!

Danke
10-09-2011, 08:13 AM
Nice job Kaleb!

Dude (Kaleb), you're an idiot.

Pitiful.

lol

realtonygoodwin
10-09-2011, 08:16 AM
This video is going to have to go viral via grassroots: US

Cain is the flavor of the month and the MSM/Drudge/etc. have been instructed to treat him with kid gloves.

Instructed? By whom? And how did you gain access to that meeting?

orenbus
10-09-2011, 09:01 AM
Ron Paul Sign Bomb Monday October 10, 2011
in less than 24 hours...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwCsrWxSozQ

http://www.ronpaulsignbomb.com/

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?320314-Video-Ron-Paul-Sign-Bomb-Coming-October-10th

Lothario
10-09-2011, 12:55 PM
Cain is hot tempered and one of these days he is going to blow... keep up the pressure! The man can't handle it. Book signing, so what, keep on asking those questions.

Yea, and if he did blow up at this book signing, the media would have a heyday showing how Cain was peacefully signing books, and RP supporters just don't follow rules, they're always trying to start trouble, and with followers like that, Ron Paul is the last thing we need in the White House, it would be anarchy and social unrest! You know that'd be the mainstream media's message.

I would recommend stop encouraging people to cause trouble - let the questions and answers come in the right forums, when the media can't spin it against RP. I'm telling you - with stuff like this, you're shooting Dr. Paul in the foot, along with any of us trying to actually make real, philosophical, intellectual progress for Ron Paul. It has the potential to do very little good, but plenty of harm.

pcosmar
10-09-2011, 01:02 PM
I would recommend stop encouraging people to cause trouble - .

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/gizmodo/2008/12/sno-baller-snow-ball-maker-.jpg

Anti Federalist
10-09-2011, 01:11 PM
Nice job Kaleb!

Dude, you're an idiot.

You were out of line.

Pitiful.

lol

Double LoL.

And I'm only quoting Don Lapre because of the epic level of nonsense in his post.

As a general rule, I ignore any post that begins with "Dude".

Big Lebowski related posts notwithstanding.

Brian4Liberty
10-09-2011, 01:16 PM
Dude, you're an idiot.

You were out of line.

Pitiful.

Sounds like you are calling "most" Ron Paul Supporters "morons". Are you a Ron Paul supporter? Are you a Herman Cain supporter?

And back to the actual subject of the OP, what do you think about the Herman Cains and Larry Kudlows of the world that continually denied the housing bubble, claimed that everything was great, and that all of the government economic policies (especially the Federal Reserve) were great right before the collapse?

Kalebthefinn
10-09-2011, 02:20 PM
I very purposefully avoided anything Ron Paul. This would be a great question for Romney or Perry people to ask him as well.

Waiting for Cain to be asked that question in a national debate is a pipe dream.

My real hope is that the video inspires someone else with a better opportunity to ask the same question. His answer could kill his campaign. He was very smart to avoid answering it then. Someday he'll get caught.

Romulus
10-09-2011, 02:21 PM
Yea, and if he did blow up at this book signing, the media would have a heyday showing how Cain was peacefully signing books, and RP supporters just don't follow rules, they're always trying to start trouble, and with followers like that, Ron Paul is the last thing we need in the White House, it would be anarchy and social unrest! You know that'd be the mainstream media's message.

I would recommend stop encouraging people to cause trouble - let the questions and answers come in the right forums, when the media can't spin it against RP. I'm telling you - with stuff like this, you're shooting Dr. Paul in the foot, along with any of us trying to actually make real, philosophical, intellectual progress for Ron Paul. It has the potential to do very little good, but plenty of harm.

The guy never mentioned Ron Paul once so..... for all I care he can question the pizza man anywhere, anytime. The guy is running for office.. he should not be afraid.

Romulus
10-09-2011, 02:29 PM
I very purposefully avoided anything Ron Paul. This would be a great question for Romney or Perry people to ask him as well.

Waiting for Cain to be asked that question in a national debate is a pipe dream.

My real hope is that the video inspires someone else with a better opportunity to ask the same question. His answer could kill his campaign. He was very smart to avoid answering it then. Someday he'll get caught.

Must spread some rep around first before giving it again...

devil21
10-09-2011, 03:03 PM

This would be a good point IF the media were doing its job and asking these sorts of questions. The fact is that they don't. Cain is now being propped up by the media so expecting the media to ask the tough questions is naive. It appears that The People will have to be the ones asking the tough questions. No one else is.

MelissaCato
10-09-2011, 03:26 PM
Too much drama on this thread. Good job Kaleb. Hope you got your book back.

Don Lapre
10-09-2011, 11:26 PM
Sounds like you are calling "most" Ron Paul Supporters "morons". Are you a Ron Paul supporter? Are you a Herman Cain supporter?

You clearly didn't read my posts in this thread because I said very plainly that I in no way, shape, or form support Herman Cain.

But I also don't support people who do stupid things in public and then cry ---> VICTIM.

The person repeatedly claimed to have been DRAGGED AWAY by security, but when asked, failed to answer what that term meant.

Dragged away??

People who support rude public behavior are morons, yes, regardless of whether or not they are Ron Paul supporters.

In case you haven't noticed, Paul supporters have a reputation for being a bit... overzealous.

It's been earned, imo.

Yes, I am a Ron Paul fan and I view him as the ONLY legit candidate in '12.

Ball
10-10-2011, 05:03 AM
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/gizmodo/2008/12/sno-baller-snow-ball-maker-.jpg

memories....

CaptainAmerica
10-10-2011, 06:16 AM
You came off as a jerk,next time reword your question and approach him differently..maybe have him sign a Ron Paul book.LOL

fatjohn
10-10-2011, 06:25 AM
Well Ron would have answered at a book signing normally, but this is not going to convince anyone to not vote for Cain. Cain supporters will see this as a rude approach from a Paul supporter. Next time lie and say you admire him or are a fan, but does have a question about this little thing namely the following...

oyarde
10-10-2011, 10:28 AM
"This is a book signing" is the answer someone with no answers gives. Yes , expected answer