PDA

View Full Version : CNN: Ron Paul wins Values Voter straw poll

ross11988
10-08-2011, 01:56 PM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/10/08/ron-paul-wins-values-voter-straw-poll/?hpt=hp_t1

Ron Paul wins Values Voter straw poll

Washington (CNN) - GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul secured yet another straw poll victory Saturday.

The Texas congressman won 37% of the poll at the Values Voter Summit in Washington, sponsored by the Family Research Council, a social conservative group.

Paul has won a handful of straw polls this year, including contests held in California and South Carolina, in addition to a straw poll at the Conservative Political Action Conference in February.

Coming in second on Saturday, rising GOP candidate and Georgia businessman Herman Cain took 23% of the vote. Former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum came in third with 16%.

Two front-runners, Texas Gov. Rick Perry and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, placed fourth and sixth, respectively. Perry garnered 8% of the vote, while Romney had 4%.

Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann, who touts herself as a strong social conservative and won the much-watched Ames Straw Poll in Iowa, came in fifth, while former House Speaker Newt Gingrich took seventh place.

RDM
10-08-2011, 02:01 PM
Just said on CNN they are going to have a live report in a few minutes.

bluesc
10-08-2011, 02:04 PM
"Ron Paul wins all the time. He bused loads of supporters in. Everyone else booed him. Let's look at Herman Cain. Look further down the list. He dilutes the vote and these polls become less important" - CNN

sailingaway
10-08-2011, 02:07 PM
"Ron Paul wins all the time. He bused loads of supporters in. Everyone else booed him. Let's look at Herman Cain. Look further down the list. He dilutes the vote and these polls become less important" - CNN

They really booed him? How rude! Our people didn't boo anyone. And others didn't have buses? What about that politico article on Bachmann? And Santorum was organizing for this big time, I understood. I don't specifically know about Cain, but his supporters organize for straw polls like we do. He's also just really popular right now, though.

bluesc
10-08-2011, 02:12 PM
They really booed him? How rude! Our people didn't boo anyone. And others didn't have buses? What about that politico article on Bachmann? And Santorum was organizing for this big time, I understood. I don't specifically know about Cain, but his supporters organize for straw polls like we do. He's also just really popular right now, though.

They didn't boo until people started chanting "RON PAUL! RON PAUL!" and it was barely audible, then the crowd were interrupted. Of course the media will say he was booed by everyone.

ItsTime
10-08-2011, 02:24 PM
So CNN basically lies that he was getting booed.

tko13
10-08-2011, 02:26 PM
Weird, I didn't hear boos. Maybe I missed a few over the overwhelming applause and cheering.

UtahApocalypse
10-08-2011, 02:28 PM
Still awaiting my "breaking news" email from CNN...... Got one when Cain won CPACFL within 2 minutes.

InTradePro
10-08-2011, 02:29 PM
Still awaiting my "breaking news" email from CNN...... Got one when Cain won CPACFL within 2 minutes.

CNN is more biased then Fox. Don't expect real reporting from them any time soon.

acptulsa
10-08-2011, 03:39 PM
Any headline from msnbc or cnbc yet? Any bets on, 'Ron Paul Voted Scariest Theocrat'?

'I got the letters right in front of me--NBC--No Body Cares. And those are good letters; you can say whatever you want on the radio and nobody cares.'--Will Rogers