PDA

View Full Version : Original Ron Paul "Imagine" Speech

MelissaWV
10-08-2011, 10:14 AM
In case someone thinks the new "Imagine" video is based on hyperbole, or an invention from the random minds of RevPac.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnbSUEwA2Co&feature=related

I am curious to see if this will wind up in Hot Topics. It is Ron Paul Grassroots Central, and this is about as Ron Paul a video as I can imagine there ever being.

This was Liberty Forest in between 2008 and now, yes. It still is. This speech was also during that timeframe. These points have been restated in debates and speeches as recently as, I believe, the last Fox News debates.

You need only look for Ron's weekly addresses to find points of view that some on these boards would rather delete, edit, or stow away out of sight. If that is the way that we promote liberty and support our primary candidate of choice, then I want no part of it. Today I have already been asked to lie, and others are being told to stop posting the scandalous words of a man we are supposed to admire.

It is not what I have come to expect from this place. I can only hope things will return to normal in a few days.

sailingaway
10-08-2011, 10:17 AM
No, it wasn't, and there is a student version with word animation as well, which I liked a lot.

You can see from the discussion that there was controversy, generally, over the RevPac version and the timing. When things get that controversial, sometimes hot topics is a good place for them.

ninepointfive
10-13-2011, 03:48 PM
thanks for posting this

jmdrake
10-13-2011, 03:54 PM
No, it wasn't, and there is a student version with word animation as well, which I liked a lot.

You can see from the discussion that there was controversy, generally, over the RevPac version and the timing. When things get that controversial, sometimes hot topics is a good place for them.

There was controversy because some people decided to make it so, not because the ad itself was controversial. Someone just got a temp ban for doing what the naysayers in the RevPAC threads were doing which is cat-herding. Everybody has their opinion about what other people should or should not be doing. Sometimes people should realize their opinions are just that, opinions, and quit trying to force their opinions on others.

MJU1983
10-13-2011, 03:55 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuKBDHWDgBo

Philosophy_of_Politics
10-13-2011, 04:00 PM
I feel this may be regarding my thread from Hot Topics, called "Discussion I Witnessed."

anewvoice
10-13-2011, 04:30 PM
Ron Paul in his own words, in his own temperament. The student version was nice as well. RevPac was inflammatory, intentionally so. Agree or disagree that a straight will react well or poorly, doesn't much matter. Plastic Men is the ad they have chosen to air before the debate.

jmdrake
10-14-2011, 10:12 AM
Ron Paul in his own words, in his own temperament. The student version was nice as well. RevPac was inflammatory, intentionally so. Agree or disagree that a straight will react well or poorly, doesn't much matter. Plastic Men is the ad they have chosen to air before the debate.

I simply disagree. If you want to see a version that is intentionally inflammatory, then look at this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtZcD6JegTc

Note that this one uses Ron's voice just like the ones people think are less inflammatory. The RevPAC uses text technique that MUJ1983 used, but used a different voice. That's a good thing. People antagonistic to Ron Paul might actually listen to the whole ad without immediately thinking "There goes that Ron Paul guy again". I believe the average GOP voter watching the RevPAC ad would initially think "This is an anti-UN/anti-Obama ad". Only at the end when they saw the Ron Paul connection might they think negatively about the ad. Folks antagonistic to the RevPAC ad haven't really thought it through.