PDA

View Full Version : If I go to occupy today, what should I bring?

brandon
10-08-2011, 09:29 AM
Links to flyers I can print or sign ideas please. I'm looking for stuff carrying a message that will make people think - not stuff hyping Ron Paul to people that already hate him.

brandon
10-08-2011, 09:31 AM
Preferably something pro market

liberty2897
10-08-2011, 10:06 AM
One of the things that made me really start thinking before I discovered Ron Paul was reading a bunch of Thomas Jefferson quotes. I realized how far we have deviated from the origins of our country. At this point, I still would cringe when I heard anything that sounded "tea party". While discussing the quotes with someone, he really encouraged me to check out Ron Paul, telling me that he was probably as close to Thomas Jefferson as politicians get these days. I wasn't interested at first, because I had the same mentality that many of these protesters seem to. It did make me think. Eventually, my curiosity brought me to this forum. It didn't take very long for me to realize that there is only one choice for the next president.

I think many of these quotes will resonate with the protesters. That's my idea for some inspiration anyway....

We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
Thomas Jefferson

I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our monied corporations which dare already to challenge our government to a trial by strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country.
Thomas Jefferson

I hope our wisdom will grow with our power, and teach us, that the less we use our power the greater it will be.
Thomas Jefferson

Experience demands that man is the only animal which devours his own kind, for I can apply no milder term to the general prey of the rich on the poor.
Thomas Jefferson

Commerce with all nations, alliance with none, should be our motto.
Thomas Jefferson

Conquest is not in our principles. It is inconsistent with our government.
Thomas Jefferson

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.
Thomas Jefferson

It is more dangerous that even a guilty person should be punished without the forms of law than that he should escape.
Thomas Jefferson

Leave no authority existing not responsible to the people.
Thomas Jefferson

Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances.
Thomas Jefferson

Peace and friendship with all mankind is our wisest policy, and I wish we may be permitted to pursue it.
Thomas Jefferson

Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson

The advertisement is the most truthful part of a newspaper.
Thomas Jefferson

The most successful war seldom pays for its losses.
Thomas Jefferson

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

To penetrate and dissipate these clouds of darkness, the general mind must be strengthened by education.
Thomas Jefferson

When angry count to ten before you speak. If very angry, count to one hundred.
Thomas Jefferson

Where the press is free and every man able to read, all is safe.
Thomas Jefferson

erowe1
10-08-2011, 10:07 AM
Make sure you wear a Mitt Romney t-shirt.

amy31416
10-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Beer.

virgil47
10-08-2011, 01:15 PM
Your union card!

Wesker1982
10-08-2011, 01:22 PM
barf bag

Kylie
10-08-2011, 01:26 PM
TRASH BAGS.

Wear your RP t-shirt, or make a shirt that says something to the effect of, "You guys fight for your "rights", and we will clean up your mess now, just like we will have to do once Obama's out of office".

Show us in a good light. Clean up the trash.

amy31416
10-08-2011, 01:27 PM
Oh--and condoms! I hear those liberal womenz are, well, liberal. :p

brandon
10-08-2011, 01:29 PM
Well I'm not going to go today but I may go tomorrow just with the intention of mocking them. Maybe a "We demand free beer" sign or something similar.

Libertea Party
10-08-2011, 02:35 PM
Their little zombie routine with them chanting exactly what the speaker says is a bucket of laughs. How about

"Fight for freedom by repeating everything I say exactly. Now!" and draw a bunch of zombie's with OWS gear listening to one cult leader.

muh_roads
10-08-2011, 02:48 PM
Many many copies of freedom to fascism. Hand them out. Federal Reserve material.

These people hate the private market. So get them on board to at least hate private banks devaluing their money.

jtstellar
10-08-2011, 02:49 PM
bullet proof vest, especially if you're going to wear a ron paul shirt, pass out fliers, or anything of that sort

flightlesskiwi
10-08-2011, 02:54 PM
bullet proof vest, especially if you're going to wear a ron paul shirt, pass out fliers, or anything of that sort

??? this is just a hunch, but i don't expect you will run across any gun-toting occupy wallstreeters.

pcosmar
10-08-2011, 04:09 PM
If I go to occupy today, what should I bring?

A thick skin.
A sense of humor.
Your wits.(keep them about you)

;)

Keith and stuff
10-08-2011, 04:14 PM
I recommend air freshener and hand sanitizer. Perhaps a water and some written info on Ron Paul wouldn't hurt either.

Tarzan
10-08-2011, 04:30 PM
Shirt or sign that reads:
TARP
Obama Bailed
The 99% Paid
Occupy Washington

or, occupy the White House

Oh--and condoms! I hear those liberal womenz are, well, liberal. :p

Great! Half the guys on RPF just defected to OWS! :D

Carehn
10-08-2011, 04:41 PM

Stop watching fox news.

amy31416
10-08-2011, 04:41 PM
Great! Half the guys on RPF just defected to OWS! :D

Ooops!

Simple
10-08-2011, 06:29 PM
Dunno about OWS, but I liked this one =)

Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson

DamianTV
10-08-2011, 07:33 PM
Clean Underpants, you know, in case the Cops kick the shit out of you, in which case, the clean underwear wont matter that much anyway.

WarNoMore
10-08-2011, 08:54 PM
If you're headed to the Philadelphia occupation, I saw a guy on the news holding a Ron Paul 2012 sign so you won't be alone in the crowd. I might head down there too. Noticed several anti-Paul posts on the facebook page, though. One guy claiming to be simply "putting info out and letting people decide". Yeah, skewed info that paints Paul as a racist bible thumper. Idiot.

pcosmar
10-08-2011, 09:00 PM
If you're headed to the Philadelphia occupation, I saw a guy on the news holding a Ron Paul 2012 sign so you won't be alone in the crowd. I might head down there too. Noticed several anti-Paul posts on the facebook page, though. One guy claiming to be simply "putting info out and letting people decide". Yeah, skewed info that paints Paul as a racist bible thumper. Idiot.

Yeah, there was one on OWS chat. but there were a lot of people that weren't.

You know what they say about assholes,,
everyone's got one. Some people are one.

Johnny Appleseed
10-08-2011, 09:08 PM
I think we should occupy the port of entry...start sinking container ships from china...

[censored] the whales start saving American jobs!

Kludge
10-08-2011, 09:10 PM
Well I'm not going to go today but I may go tomorrow just with the intention of mocking them. Maybe a "We demand free beer" sign or something similar.
Take no less than 8 friends.

3 wear Obama 2012 shirts, 2 wear AFLCIO shirts, 3 wear casual shirts. Signs should include "Legislate the MAXIMUM wage!" "Education will make us louder!" and "UNEMPLOYED, UNIONIZE!"

Go to a local business and start chanting/shouting "WE'RE GOING TO SHIT ON YOUR BATHROOM WALLS, JUST LIKE WALL STREET SHIT ON US!" moving on to "LOCAL BUSINESSES TAKE JEW LOANS! OCCUPY JEW STREET NOW!"

flightlesskiwi
10-08-2011, 09:13 PM
damn, Kludge. just. damn. :toady:

i like amy's idea better. :p

Kludge
10-09-2011, 02:26 AM
damn, Kludge. just. damn. :toady:

i like amy's idea better. :p

- But now I have a rap and skit. Okay - so Brandon & friends beckon everyone to enter the local theater (this could be set up outside, but is not ideal). Brandon begins rapping as Whitely as he can:

"Look out for the Jews' ruse - it's plain to see,
Runnin' all our banks cuz they got the money,
First comes Alan, then comes Ben,
Then comes our children, can't afford no bread.

We attackin' dem Muslims, but can't you see,
it's the Jews dat's bank mass'rs, that's why we
Need'a rise up, and kill all o' dem Jews -
That's the only way to END THUR RUSE!
UH -- UH, UH! PSSZSZSZZZCZZ.... THAT'S POLISH FOR -
[All actors chant] Hillary in the House - Hillary in the White House...!"

[continue chanting "Hillary in the House" chorus line, slowly quieting until silent. Fade to black. Spotlight on Ben Bernanke impersonator who is to come out with extraordinarily large nose bumping into cast on stage.]

BERNANKE [somber, but appearing in a light mood, with wide-open intense eyes]: It's come to my attention that some protesters out here don't approve of QE schemes masterminded by your Hebrew overlords. [hold for cheers] I must proclaim my dismay at your lack of respect for God's will. It is my duty to dissuade you from accepting Judaism, as is your duty to bear the guilt of your former gentile persuasion.

[Bernanke remains standing, with the same eerily somber, intense demeanor. Enter actors dressed as IDF soldiers, who are to surround the side-edges of the stage. IDF actors are to remain completely still -- NO BLINKING! Begin blasting "black metal" version of Rebecca Black's "Friday." Power the colored strobe lights. Enter actors dressed as Hasidic Jews, swinging live chickens over their head for no less than ten seconds, but no more than twelve seconds. Each Hasidic Jew impersonator is to then slit the chicken's throat, and firmly squeeze the blood of the chicken out onto the audience members' heads.]

[Cast exits stage. Curtain falls. IDF actors, backstage, fires live ammo into the ceiling for approximately two seconds. 1ST IDF ACTOR fires final round roughly two seconds after continuous firing ends. Quickly unplug strobe lights. Abruptly stop playback of "Friday." Cast changes into outfits they were wearing prior to putting their costumes on. Cast disperses into crowd and is not to discuss what has occurred.]

//Obviously, this is just the rough draft of what will happen. Brandon, PM me. We can make this happen. A Friday night would obviously be the ideal time.

Tarzan
10-09-2011, 02:49 AM
I think we should occupy the port of entry...start sinking container ships from china...

The Long Beach Container Party??? :)
Bring Indian garb for a disguise.

Danke
10-09-2011, 03:59 AM
Beer.

And a hot dog.

unknown
10-09-2011, 05:15 AM
What I'll be taking when I go are signs that address our country's biggest problem: the "Federal Reserve". I have my signs enlarged at Kinkos and put on poster board.

My sign will say something like this:

1. End the debt based monetary system which ensures perpetual debt slavery.

2. Repeal the Federal Reserve Act of 1913.

3. Abolish the IRS.

4. Support a President who will sign a budget only if it slashes the insane spending which results in inflation and one who will NOT sign any bills bailing out the banks unlike both Bush and Obama.

Jake Ralston
10-09-2011, 05:31 AM
You should be wearing this T-Shirt:

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j427/mrleodavis/untitled.jpg

Sjmfury
10-09-2011, 09:38 AM
This thread has become a trolls paradise.

amy31416
10-09-2011, 09:42 AM
This thread has become a trolls paradise.

And funny as hell.

flightlesskiwi
10-09-2011, 10:52 AM
And funny as hell.

and still hasn't made it from GP to hot pockets quite yet.

Becker
10-09-2011, 10:54 AM
print this out
http://qrcode.kaywa.com/img.php?s=8&d=http%3A%2F%2Fblackthisout.com

amy31416
10-09-2011, 10:56 AM
and still hasn't made it from GP to hot pockets quite yet.

I'm quite surprised by that, especially after Kludge's suggestions....Mods must all be hung over. :p

Danke
10-09-2011, 11:30 AM
I'm quite surprised by that, especially after Kludge's suggestions....Mods must all be hung over. :p

You should give Kludge his long deserved weekend pass to join Brandon.

amy31416
10-09-2011, 11:34 AM
You should give Kludge his long deserved weekend pass to join Brandon.

If Brandon gives the green light to Kludge's suggestions and it's captured on video, most certainly.

teacherone
10-09-2011, 11:39 AM
- But now I have a rap and skit. Okay - so Brandon & friends beckon everyone to enter the local theater (this could be set up outside, but is not ideal). Brandon begins rapping as Whitely as he can:

"Look out for the Jews' ruse - it's plain to see,
Runnin' all our banks cuz they got the money,
First comes Alan, then comes Ben,
Then comes our children, can't afford no bread.

We attackin' dem Muslims, but can't you see,
it's the Jews dat's bank mass'rs, that's why we
Need'a rise up, and kill all o' dem Jews -
That's the only way to END THUR RUSE!
UH -- UH, UH! PSSZSZSZZZCZZ.... THAT'S POLISH FOR -
[All actors chant] Hillary in the House - Hillary in the White House...!"

[continue chanting "Hillary in the House" chorus line, slowly quieting until silent. Fade to black. Spotlight on Ben Bernanke impersonator who is to come out with extraordinarily large nose bumping into cast on stage.]

BERNANKE [somber, but appearing in a light mood, with wide-open intense eyes]: It's come to my attention that some protesters out here don't approve of QE schemes masterminded by your Hebrew overlords. [hold for cheers] I must proclaim my dismay at your lack of respect for God's will. It is my duty to dissuade you from accepting Judaism, as is your duty to bear the guilt of your former gentile persuasion.

[Bernanke remains standing, with the same eerily somber, intense demeanor. Enter actors dressed as IDF soldiers, who are to surround the side-edges of the stage. IDF actors are to remain completely still -- NO BLINKING! Begin blasting "black metal" version of Rebecca Black's "Friday." Power the colored strobe lights. Enter actors dressed as Hasidic Jews, swinging live chickens over their head for no less than ten seconds, but no more than twelve seconds. Each Hasidic Jew impersonator is to then slit the chicken's throat, and firmly squeeze the blood of the chicken out onto the audience members' heads.]

[Cast exits stage. Curtain falls. IDF actors, backstage, fires live ammo into the ceiling for approximately two seconds. 1ST IDF ACTOR fires final round roughly two seconds after continuous firing ends. Quickly unplug strobe lights. Abruptly stop playback of "Friday." Cast changes into outfits they were wearing prior to putting their costumes on. Cast disperses into crowd and is not to discuss what has occurred.]

//Obviously, this is just the rough draft of what will happen. Brandon, PM me. We can make this happen. A Friday night would obviously be the ideal time.

i just shit myself.

honestly kludge if you aren't making money off your talents you are wasting them.

keep it coming.

Tarzan
10-09-2011, 11:40 AM
http://gilbert-american.com/ronpaul/ows1.png

Becker
10-09-2011, 11:56 AM
http://gilbert-american.com/ronpaul/ows1.png

so true, i just wish people would admit that.

jtstellar
10-09-2011, 04:25 PM
Stop watching fox news. maybe we wouldn't have this debate if you watched more videos on economics

well granted some of your friends in the occupy movement probably can't even afford a gun