PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR: Santorum to drop out if he loses VVS poll

ZanZibar
10-07-2011, 09:00 PM
There is a credible rumor going around that Santorum will drop out of the race if he loses the Values Voter Summit Straw Poll this weekend. This makes sense because the VVS crowd is his base. If he can't play well there, then he can't play at all.

Reports are that he was there shaking every hand he could.

It would be good if he dropped out because then he would quit attacking Ron.

HeyArchie
10-07-2011, 09:01 PM
Zanzibar
Banned

... Are you a wizard?

sailingaway
10-07-2011, 09:06 PM
He's a zombie.

But I doubt the rumor, he can't expect to beat Michele's Liberty University busses. And Cain's Cain-ness in front of his target audience.

Then again, it may be once the quarter numbers come out, unless he has reason to expect a funding boost, his campaign might simply be over. Who knows?

FSP-Rebel
10-07-2011, 09:10 PM
Santa wasn't going to win by any stretch of the imagination. Forgive me but what are the ban-able offenses these days? Never been impressed by ZZ but um, what's up?

rp713
10-07-2011, 09:11 PM
He's a zombie.

But I doubt the rumor, he can't expect to beat Michele's Liberty University busses. And Cain's Cain-ness in front of his target audience.

Then again, it may be once the quarter numbers come out, unless he has reason to expect a funding boost, his campaign might simply be over. Who knows?

just like t-paw after the iowa poll.

LisaNY
10-07-2011, 09:11 PM
lol 'The Rage of Rick Santorum':

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/10/the-rage-of-rick-santorum/246360/

TIMB0B
10-07-2011, 09:16 PM
Hopefully this is true. Frothy is the only one breaking Ron's balls on foreign policy.

Sentinelrv
10-07-2011, 09:17 PM
Please let this be true. No more foreign policy attacks from Frothy. That's our major weak point and he hits it every time.

RonPaulFanInGA
10-07-2011, 09:17 PM
Maybe posting this unsubstantiated rumor should get Mr. Bonaparte banned, as he apparently wants.

messana
10-07-2011, 09:18 PM
Please drop out. He's the worst guy in the field.

idiom
10-07-2011, 09:19 PM
That will be Mitt soon. And we will be breaking his. His plan basically requires the draft to reinstated and a lot of tax hikes sot that America can invade everyone who looks at an embassy the wrong way.

libertybrewcity
10-07-2011, 09:20 PM
I don't know if I can see that happening. All on one straw poll? I guess this could be a good time to drop out to avoid the embarrassment of not raising enough money.

sailingaway
10-07-2011, 09:25 PM
Santa wasn't going to win by any stretch of the imagination. Forgive me but what are the ban-able offenses these days? Never been impressed by ZZ but um, what's up?

Since he's posting and his 'dot' isn't red, I'm thinking he just wrote that on his avatar. Dunno.

libertybrewcity
10-07-2011, 09:27 PM
Since he's posting and his 'dot' isn't red, I'm thinking he just wrote that on his avatar. Dunno.

He definitely did. There was a thread he made in VVS at 11:16pm and it said banned at 11:17pm.

FSP-Rebel
10-07-2011, 09:29 PM
If true, then fine. If not, I'd like the mod who banned the person to step forward and say why. Cuz, we may have to clean house here..

FSP-Rebel
10-07-2011, 09:33 PM
He definitely did. There was a thread he made in VVS at 11:16pm and it said banned at 11:17pm.
Ya, just checked VVS and there was nothing remotely objectionable from ZZ, esp at the time frame mentioned.

John F Kennedy III
10-07-2011, 09:34 PM
I could make so many alternate thread titles...

LeJimster
10-07-2011, 09:49 PM
After Rick Perry, Rick Santorum is the worst candidate on the field. He's so arrogant and unlikeable and that's why he can't get more than 2% in the polls. I wouldn't be sad about him dropping out, but his votes will probably just drop into one of the other so called "top tier" candidates, so I think it's advantageous for us to have him running all the way through to the first Primaries.

tangent4ronpaul
10-07-2011, 10:08 PM
Yeah - he dilutes the vote but his other advantage is that every time he attacks Paul during a debate, Paul gets time to reply/talk

cucucachu0000
10-07-2011, 10:15 PM
damn he was one of the few guys not ignoring ron that would give ron more speaking time. plus he took a few percentage points from the other war candidates. i just hope his voters spread out between all the other candidates and dont just jump on to cain like perrys voters did.

NeoconTea
10-07-2011, 10:17 PM
His voters obviously don't care about winning, so they'll probably jump on Buddy Roemer.

Brett85
10-07-2011, 10:17 PM
damn he was one of the few guys not ignoring ron that would give ron more speaking time. plus he took a few percentage points from the other war candidates. i just hope his voters spread out between all the other candidates and dont just jump on to cain like perrys voters did.

We don't know for sure if he's going to drop out. It's just a rumor.

NeoconTea
10-07-2011, 10:21 PM
Who will be there to spread santorum then? I like Ole Frothy picking stupid fights with Ron.

FSP-Rebel
10-07-2011, 10:24 PM
Why is a thread by a recently banned member allowed to stand and commented on? Cap and ended, thx.

Lafayette
10-07-2011, 10:26 PM
We have anyone out theire? If so hows the feeling out there? We have any chance of winning or placing in the top 3?
Is Dr.Paul speaking?

TIMB0B
10-07-2011, 10:30 PM
Yeah - he dilutes the vote but his other advantage is that every time he attacks Paul during a debate, Paul gets time to reply/talk

Wouldn't a smaller group of candidates give RP more time as well?

sailingaway
10-07-2011, 10:33 PM
We have anyone out theire? If so hows the feeling out there? We have any chance of winning or placing in the top 3?
Is Dr.Paul speaking?

Ron is speaking tomorrow morning, but people attend these in busses from their churches, and the event hands out two cards, one on life (which Ron is perfect on) and one on gay marriage which is based on a pledge Ron didn't sign. IN most places his not signing would be a plus the pledge was so freaky, but the pledge isn't on the card, just the fact that he didn't sign it, and Bachmann, Santorum and... not sure... Romney? Did.

I'm not holding my breath on the strawpoll with Bachmann bringing in busses from Liberty University and Cain on his emotional upswing, but I am sure Ron will make a good impression, so when Cain's current supporters start looking for someone else, Ron might look pretty good to them. This isn't one of the polls Ron typically does best at, although he is generally respectable.

Aldanga
10-07-2011, 10:41 PM
Why is a thread by a recently banned member allowed to stand and commented on? Cap and ended, thx.
I'm pretty sure a user's avatar is hidden once banned. ZanZibar has a custom title, which others have done as well in order to confuse the heck out of people.

Esoteric
10-08-2011, 12:36 AM
Rumor: Cain will be bumped to 62% nationally with win at VVS

Fermli
10-08-2011, 12:45 AM
I'm going to miss frothy's smug grin, if this rumor is true.

J_White
10-08-2011, 12:48 AM
dont get me wrong, but just last night i was having this thought that Santa would win this VVS poll and join the "top tier" with Romney, Perry and Cain - and this would probably be a way for the people who control things - media and establishment GOP to show their power to RP. hope i am wrong, and maybe i m just being paranoid !

lucky_bg
10-08-2011, 02:45 AM
Hm, frothy dropping out of race, or multiple personality disorder ZanZibar banned - I can't decide what is better news. :D

HOLLYWOOD
10-08-2011, 03:04 AM
Can't figure out how some of these narcissistic political clowns continue on, when they can't even get re-elected in their own state? If you've been voted OUT in your home state, by your fellow citizens, what makes Santorum think he can get elected as POTUS?

A Frothy Farwell Santorum

HeyArchie
10-08-2011, 03:08 AM
Can't figure out how some of these narcissistic political clowns continue on, when they can't even get re-elected in their own state? If you've been voted OUT in your home state, by your fellow citizens, what makes Santorum think he can get elected as POTUS?

Really. At this point, idk why Santorum or Johnson are still in it (even though I like Johnson). It's just a waste of time and money. Their support is so small. Huntsman, Bachmann and Gingrich still have a fighting chance. The rest of the field is in it to win it.

I am indifferent to Santorum leaving... he probably dilutes the vote and he is entertaining to listen to at debates.

MJU1983
10-08-2011, 03:58 AM
If the people in attendance have the same opinions as this poll, good bye Rick Santorum:

hxxp://www.valuesvotersummit.org/

look towards the lower right-hand side.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/MJU1983/Screenshot2011-10-08at45557AM.jpg

I voted "other"

ZanZibar
10-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Beat by Herman Cain? Looking more and more likely.

ctiger2
10-08-2011, 02:26 PM

Politicians are POWER HUNGRY narcissistic psychopaths. They are the student council kids we all hated in HS.

Brett85
10-08-2011, 02:29 PM
So has this happened yet?

messana
10-08-2011, 02:31 PM
Time to discharge the froth.

Aratus
10-08-2011, 02:50 PM
i feel mr. rick santorum had better keep his word
if he expects to run again in 2016 and/or 2020!!!
i take it, he was only in third. ole guv*rich = 4th

Esoteric
10-08-2011, 03:06 PM
this is huge! we'd draw a significant percentage of his 1%!

messana
10-08-2011, 03:13 PM
Of course he won't be getting any of that 1% but in theory he'll at least get more time during debates.

kah13176
10-08-2011, 03:27 PM
http://caucuses.desmoinesregister.com/2011/10/08/santorum-beefs-up-iowa-staff-with-former-perry-backer/

jason43
10-08-2011, 03:54 PM
Santorum doesn't have a job, he's going to stay as long as he can and endorse the establishment candidate most likely to win so he gets an appointment somewhere. And he's likely to keep attacking Paul on foreign policy just to earn such an appointment.

wgadget
10-08-2011, 04:54 PM
So has he dropped out yet?

I suppose not, because if he had it would be on the front of the Drudge Report and all over the FOX News.

Ronulus
10-08-2011, 04:55 PM
So has he dropped out yet?

I suppose not, because if he had it would be on the front of the Drudge Report and all over the FOX News.

From what I found on google it appears that he may have dropped out of a homosexual mans anus.

Aratus
10-08-2011, 05:03 PM
Beat by Herman Cain?
Looking more and more likely.
ZZ, can i quote you?

Aratus
10-08-2011, 05:05 PM
bye-bye rick santorum!
our ZZ makes this official.
please drop out with dignity.

RIPLEYMOM
10-08-2011, 05:07 PM
I don't understand why Zanzibar would be banned. If he called the story a rumor, then wasn't he already saying it wasn't true? Maybe he was just trying to think of a catchy title. I feel sorry for him.

tremendoustie
10-08-2011, 05:17 PM
Please let this be true. No more foreign policy attacks from Frothy. That's our major weak point and he hits it every time.

Since when is being pro-peace a weak point? The other candidates' endorsement of endless war is their major weak point (well ... one of them).

Aratus
10-08-2011, 05:23 PM
ZZ is in his own multi-dimentional time~space

Tarzan
10-08-2011, 05:39 PM
I don't understand why Zanzibar would be banned. If he called the story a rumor, then wasn't he already saying it wasn't true? Maybe he was just trying to think of a catchy title. I feel sorry for him.

You should not feel sorry for him. He WAS NOT banned. HE is the one who put "banned" in his profile.

He is also a user with multiple accounts who is constantly trying to sway the unsuspecting to his way of thinking. And his opinions are not worth considering because he is ignorant of how to win a presidential campaign. He is a manipulator who actually thrives on persecution. Any attention seems to be good attention for him.

If you want to feel sorry for him you could do so regarding his obvious Oedipus complex. That, and his apparent need for ridicule and derision. This is probably the result of a very disturbing childhood. I would not be surprised if he was emotionally (and perhaps physically) abused. Having to overcome so many physical shortcomings and lack of intellectual capacity combined with this abuse explains substantial portions of his behavior.

So, don't feel sorry because he was banned... he was not. Feel sorry for him because of the childhood problems that have followed him into adulthood (such as it is).

Aratus
10-08-2011, 05:43 PM
Tarzan has a point.
even tho' i forgive ZZ
his many excesses
and verbal 'faux pas'
statements made as
his lips often move.

ZanZibar
10-09-2011, 06:36 PM
You should not feel sorry for him. He WAS NOT banned. HE is the one who put "banned" in his profile.

He is also a user with multiple accounts who is constantly trying to sway the unsuspecting to his way of thinking. And his opinions are not worth considering because he is ignorant of how to win a presidential campaign. He is a manipulator who actually thrives on persecution. Any attention seems to be good attention for him.

If you want to feel sorry for him you could do so regarding his obvious Oedipus complex. That, and his apparent need for ridicule and derision. This is probably the result of a very disturbing childhood. I would not be surprised if he was emotionally (and perhaps physically) abused. Having to overcome so many physical shortcomings and lack of intellectual capacity combined with this abuse explains substantial portions of his behavior.

So, don't feel sorry because he was banned... he was not. Feel sorry for him because of the childhood problems that have followed him into adulthood (such as it is).HA HA HA HA!

That was a hilariously entertaining read. Thanks for the laugh.

Tarzan
10-10-2011, 05:21 PM
HA HA HA HA!
That was a hilariously entertaining read. Thanks for the laugh.

So sad... classic symptomatic behavior.

Our other alternative is to -rep ZZflop each time he appears until he is removed from the gaming board.

Aratus
10-10-2011, 05:22 PM
ZZ sometimes says things

Tarzan
10-10-2011, 05:26 PM
ZZ sometimes says things

You mean like his "credible rumor".
So much for his credibility on this and other subjects.

TheTexan
10-10-2011, 05:31 PM
Tarzan and ZZ are actually the same person.

You heard it here first.

Aratus
10-11-2011, 02:18 AM
i think ZZ created this new rick santorum rumor
just to see if it would be picked up by mr. drudge.
i think ZZ is hinting to rick santorum that he has
no chance at the nomination. ZZ got us all going.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
10-11-2011, 02:27 AM
Quite a few of us there were hearing this rumor. Where it came from I have no idea but we were hearing it. We also heard that Santorum's Son was running his mouth more than he should have and let slip that Santorum and Bachmann had been discussing getting together on a ticket. If that is true than I guess we know who each will endorse should they drop out first.

Aratus
10-11-2011, 02:35 AM
ZZ is simply well informed? okaaaaaay... i can live with that.

idiom
10-11-2011, 04:15 AM
Dead Rumour is Dead.