PDA

View Full Version : A Search Bomb to Complement the Money Bomb

South Park Fan
10-07-2011, 08:50 PM
http://www.google.com/trends/hottrends?sa=X
On Google Trends, Herman Cain has been in the Top 20 ever since he won the Florida Straw Poll, which is largely a function of all the media coverage he has received in the last two weeks. Since we are planning to give Ron Paul his largest moneybomb yet on October 19 in order to spite the media's blackout of our campaign, should we really depend on the media to inform the public about our pending accomplishment? Or shall we take a tactic out of the Alex Jones (http://www.infowars.com/the-obama-deception-number-1-on-u-s-google-trends/) playbook and use a search bomb to bring "Ron Paul" and "Black This Out" to the top of Google Trends before, during, and after October 19?

HeyArchie
10-07-2011, 09:02 PM
Aren't there anti-Google-bomb securities in place now? If not, how doth one Google bomb?

The terms Google bomb and Googlewashing refer to practices, such as creating large numbers of links, that cause a web page to have a high ranking for searches on unrelated or off topic keyword phrases, often for comical or satirical purposes. In contrast, search engine optimization is the practice of improving the search engine listings of web pages for relevant search terms.

Herman is 17 right now. Anwar Al-Awlaki does not show up on this list. The Milwaukee Brewers do.

Suzu
10-07-2011, 09:05 PM
Search Bomb = Masses of people searching the same term(s) in the search engine(s) (any/all of them) until the term(s) hit the Top 20.

I think it's a wonderful idea.

HeyArchie
10-07-2011, 09:08 PM
Search Bomb = Masses of people searching the same term(s) in the search engine(s) (any/all of them) until the term(s) hit the Top 20.

I think it's a wonderful idea.
Excellent. Do you know specifics, like whether or not you can do it multiple times on the same IP under what time period?

Suzu
10-08-2011, 07:01 AM
I don't think IP matters much at all.