PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul needs a new TV advertisement completely different from all the rest

libertybrewcity
10-07-2011, 08:16 PM
The campaign needs to release a TV ad with some kind of introduction of Ron Paul talking about himself. People need to know he is a REAL PERSON. Lots of people have heard of Ron Paul, but not many people KNOW Ron Paul. I think the campaign needs to hit people's emotional soft spot with ad fitted with nice music and him talking about

1 being a doctor/delivering babies,
2 being a veteran, and
3 being married for 50 years.

They need to see his face and show how sincere he is. They need to see him move and laugh and speak. They need to feel a connection and want to have a drink with him. This is how we win over voters.

McDermit
10-08-2011, 07:25 PM
We had these types of ads in '07 and they didn't help.

The ads the campaign has been putting out this year have been fantastic, and I think they should keep up what they're doing. Regressing to boring snoozefest ads isn't going to win votes or donors.

If the campaign buys ad time during a Sunday mass broadcast or during the 700 Club, something like this would be okay... but for a mass market/mainstream ad, no.

bluesc
10-08-2011, 07:31 PM
I think he needs an ad on social security.

Way too much misrepresentation and misinterpretation on that issue. Need elderly voters.

Another on the economy would be good too.

Travlyr
10-08-2011, 07:46 PM
Let Carol Paul promote Ron. She does a great job at it.

McDermit
10-09-2011, 12:07 AM
Let Carol Paul promote Ron. She does a great job at it.She really does... Her stories are always so heartwarming and genuine.

Brendan Wenzel
10-09-2011, 12:59 AM

It would really help us bring more women in.

curtissthompson
10-14-2011, 04:26 PM
Check out the campaign's latest ad called "Life", I think you'll approve:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkAsLPrnJGc

It took your suggestions and was very well produced. It emphasizes Ron Paul's compassion, which is an attribute people often suggest his political philosophy lacks.

mmathes
10-29-2011, 10:43 AM
My America

THats the name we should use. It would a window view as your driving down the road and an american telling their story like "this is where I live and work, there are alot of people struggling to get by." In the windshield view as the car goes down the road is a man working on his car, a for sale sign on another house, a yard sale farther down and the voice says "People are doing what they can to make do." Then after he drives a bit more you see an abandon small business. The voice says again, "I've come to realize the mess our government has caused. Ron Paul is the only candidate who knows why we're in this mess and has a plan to get us out." Then it cuts to the web site, etc. as the face of the voice shows and you can taylor this commercial to any race or even profession. This is a powerful 30 second add.

trey4sports
10-29-2011, 10:49 AM
I honestly believe that the ads they've put out are just about as good as we could ask for. I get the sense that everyone is looking for that one ad that will magically double our numbers. Frankly, it doesn't work that way. It's a process, and it takes several ads and lots of repetition to slowly move people our way.

bluesc
10-29-2011, 10:52 AM
I honestly believe that the ads they've put out are just about as good as we could ask for. I get the sense that everyone is looking for that one ad that will magically double our numbers. Frankly, it doesn't work that way. It's a process, and it takes several ads and lots of repetition to slowly move people our way.

This thread is old, created before the latest awesome ads came out. I don't think many will complain now.

libertybrewcity
10-29-2011, 10:56 AM
I'm quite content with the ads that have recently come out. I was just hoping for more RP facetime on the ads and I got it. awesome

mmathes
10-29-2011, 03:04 PM
My America

This is the name of a series of 30 sec TV ads showing americans in all facets. A view through a windowshield as it goes down a road. A voice, presumably the driver
says "This is my America, where I live and I work." The view can then show whatever you want through the window. For example if this is about his plan about the
economy it might be someone out of job driving through their neighborhood. You can see a guy working on his car and the voice would say, "People are doing what ever they need to get by today. And the view would see a house having a garage sale. The voice could then say, "I have finally realized how our government is a lot to blame." Then you see a picture of a house down the street for sale or foreclosure and the voice continues "You know Ron Paul predicted this whole mess. He running for president and knows how we got in this mess." Then the view changes to a street project they are working on. The voice says, "Ron Paul has a plan to get our economy fixed permanently." Then the pan goes to the face of the driver and you can put in whatever you want. The driver (the voice) nows says to the camera, "I know Dr. Paul is a man of great conviction his support comes from the people not the special interests. I am ????? from ????? and I support Ron Paul.

Think of doing these inexpensive commercials running locally all across the early states. People in these small state may also have the buzz running through the town about having done a presidential commercial. Also with different views. Medical could be through the eyes of the doctor doing his job and talking about Ron's patient doctor solutions.

coffeewithchess
10-29-2011, 05:11 PM
I agree with the Social Security idea, he could gain a lot of the older voters(at least their attention) by reassuring them that Social Security would not be cut under him; and that President Obama the other candidates have us on a course for bankruptcy with no Social Security benefits guaranteed.

Also, if they could mention that Medicare and Medicaid would be secure, that would get a lot of attention as well.

Throw up the $14 Trillion in debt, billions spent, billions owed...Americans are hurting, and RP will take care of Americans first, and Americans through our great charity/service will still reach out to others and be better off for it...something along those lines.

Enforcer
10-29-2011, 05:26 PM
The campaign needs to release a TV ad with some kind of introduction of Ron Paul talking about himself. People need to know he is a REAL PERSON. Lots of people have heard of Ron Paul, but not many people KNOW Ron Paul. I think the campaign needs to hit people's emotional soft spot with ad fitted with nice music and him talking about

1 being a doctor/delivering babies,
2 being a veteran, and
3 being married for 50 years.

They need to see his face and show how sincere he is. They need to see him move and laugh and speak. They need to feel a connection and want to have a drink with him. This is how we win over voters.

You are absolutely right. Such an advertisement must be made to give the appearance that makes you feel that Ron Paul is in your living room, talking directly to you, and asking for your vote.

I listened to the liberals and they are satisfied that the American people will not elect one of the media's handpicked "front-runners" because they all sound mad. If Ron Paul could make the video you describe and leave people with the feeling that Ron Paul is a caring person that could make positive changes, I think he could win the nomination. Hopefully, Mr. Paul or one of his advisers are reading this. Thank you for an excellent suggestion.

Razare
10-30-2011, 12:49 AM
I think he needs an ad on social security.

Way too much misrepresentation and misinterpretation on that issue. Need elderly voters.

Another on the economy would be good too.

That sounds good.

Social Security has gone bankrupt. According to the trustees report found here: http://www.ssa.gov/oact/trsum/index.html

"Social Security expenditures exceeded the program’s non-interest income in 2010 for the first time since 1983."

If he could hammer home in an ad that he's the only one willing and capable of saving Social Security, and honestly he is, then he could get AARP votes.

The sad truth is if there's a dollar collapse, and there will be... what good is a crappy little cost of living adjustment based on fictional inflation rates the government sets? What good is social security payments when food prices double or triple?

I'm 27, but I worry about my parents who still are naive enough to think that check will be worth something 5 years from now. Real inflation is something like 9% and steadily spiraling out of control.

KEEF
10-30-2011, 01:03 PM
I think a great ad would be just a video shot of his campaign manager taking a drag from a cigarette. Seemed to help Cain.

Of course I am joking.

kd7one
11-01-2011, 08:56 AM
How about if you review all the logical fallacies and go with the one you think is going to snag the most votes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhhJAGjBIEw

Romulus
11-01-2011, 12:11 PM

This. Talk about picking up the women vote while Cain is losing it.

RDM
11-01-2011, 12:30 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Travlyr View Post

This. Talk about picking up the women vote while Cain is losing it.

Title it: Why Am I Crazy About Ron Paul

Since he is always labeled as crazy, let's spin it. Mrs. Paul can first focus on their marriage and then roll into women issues that Ron supports and then she could finish with a statement like: That's why I love Ron Paul and you should too.