PDA

View Full Version : **I am going to Occupy New Orleans and WE are taking our Tea Party back Dec. 16th 2011**

parke
10-07-2011, 06:34 PM
I havent posted here much for the past couple years. I posted a thread over at DailyPaul.com about this Occupy movement :

http://www.dailypaul.com/181683/get-it-together-grassroots-we-need-to-influence-the-debate-of-ows

Well the thread caught traction and low and behold Judge Napolitano had a member from the DailyPaul on his show to dicuss it:

http://youtu.be/v7HGqgAaKqM

I really believe going to these Occupy events is going to bridge our gap. This is our moment.. I started this thread Nov. 5 2007:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?32204-Boston-Tea-Party-Dec.-16th/page7

and low and behold this link:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=28407

It is time for us to engage the other side. We can win this argument and bring Ron Paul both sides. Regardless, we need to spread our message of Peace and LIBERTY to dis-affected and angry people. Our message brings people together.

wgadget
10-07-2011, 06:53 PM
Seriously, who better than RON PAUL to bridge the gap? It's SO needed in this day and age, when people are sick of Republicrats and Demicans spatting constantly.

parke
10-07-2011, 11:04 PM
seriously.. somebody effin debate this strategy. Where the hell did the furious debate of 07/08 go?????????????????

Sentinelrv
10-07-2011, 11:14 PM
Make sure to print out the Black This Out flyers (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?318407-Black-This-Out-Printable-Flyers) and hand them out to Ron Paul supportes. If you have friends going then get them to help you pass them out.

tribute_13
10-07-2011, 11:17 PM
seriously.. somebody effin debate this strategy. Where the hell did the furious debate of 07/08 go?????????????????

What's there to debate? I'm sure everyone can agree that reaching out to any American who's dissatisfied with the establishment is a great thing and its our niche. I intend to spread the word. I'm planning to set up a booth downtown sometime soon to pass out some lit. LOTSSSSS of UNCW foot traffic in downtown Wilmington. I can't Occupy any town because I don't have the money to drive to the nearest protest so I'll settle for occupying my neighborhood and converting if at least 1 new person to the movement.

eaglesfan48
10-07-2011, 11:47 PM
I agree this is our moment. There are a bunch of Americans who are pissed off and fed up with the establishment. I think we all became Ron Paul supporters when we became pissed off and fed up with the establishment at some point. Then, we found Ron Paul. Lets help these people find Ron Paul, they are our crowd.

Tarzan
10-08-2011, 12:39 AM

Oh.... you're LOOKING for a debate. OK... here ya go:
Nooo... don't goooo!!!

This debate about going to these events is being argued furiously in other threads. Some say GO and represent Ron Paul. Some say GO but keep Ron Paul out of it. Some say DON'T GO, but if you must go don't go as a Ron Paul supporter (no signs, shirts, etc.). Some say DON'T GO, these people are nothing but a bunch of commies and we have nothing in common with them and the backers who started this thing.

In regards to the NY circus I say DON'T GO, these people are a bunch of commies. Take a good look at their demands: $20 minimum wage, Free College, forgive all college loans... now expanded to forgive ALL loans. They are not unhappy with government who allowed and caused this economic mess to happen... they are just pissed they didn't get their "piece of the action".

Convincing these people of a completely opposite way of thinking is going to be nearly impossible. Its like this example:
You want the perfect body of a competitive athlete. One product (product A) promises you results by taking a pill... and, presto! You magically have your perfect body. Another product (product B) says you can have that perfect body... but, its gonna take several years of hard work and some sacrifice. Which product will they choose? Of course, they are gonna pick the "magic pill".

We are "Product B" and you can talk until you are blue in the face with these lazy, greedy, ignorant sycophants are selling a product that does not exist... their "magic pill". And they are doing it in New York city... right down the street from the home of the major media outlets. So, they have chosen their site wisely and NY is NO place to expose Ron Paul to this mess. We have enough people who already think RP is a little wacky. Tying him to this bunch of lazy, self serving shit heads will only confirm the suspicions of many in the electorate.

But, I can actually see where a strategy of going after these Occupy people might be a positive... when its done away from the constant eye of the media. I would say keep away from NY and Atlanta. But, something good might happen elsewhere... maybe even in New Orleans... but, maybe NOT too. I recommend taking a reading of the crowd before getting started... not 5 minutes worth... but several hours or even a couple of days. If the commie idiots have organized well and have the crowd sold on their "magic pill" it may already be too late to do any good. NO and Louisiana are pretty high on the gimmie, gimmie, gimmie scale. Convincing them that Product B is what they need could be an uphill battle.

If the commie radicals haven't already won the crowd... go for it. Test the waters first (don't push Ron Paul during your testing)... then make a decision as to the viability of trying to win them over. If you are making headway then take it up a notch. What the hell, give it a shot and stay out of Ron Paul gear and no signs... certainly not at first.

An important note about testing the waters... LISTEN, DON'T TALK... actually try to find out what grievances they have and what they think should be done to fix those problems. Don't ask directed questions to get them to some conclusion YOU want... SHUT THE FUCK UP and actually listen. You absolutely cannot address any genuine concerns they may have if you go in with the "standard RP supporter" attitude... that you're right and they are sheeple. LISTEN!!! To put it in a Sun Tzu type strategy... you need to know your enemy before you can defeat them.

parke
10-08-2011, 01:17 AM
What's there to debate? I'm sure everyone can agree that reaching out to any American who's dissatisfied with the establishment is a great thing and its our niche. I intend to spread the word. I'm planning to set up a booth downtown sometime soon to pass out some lit. LOTSSSSS of UNCW foot traffic in downtown Wilmington. I can't Occupy any town because I don't have the money to drive to the nearest protest so I'll settle for occupying my neighborhood and converting if at least 1 new person to the movement.

bro.. follow the links I posted. I got some heavy resistance at DailyPaul.. at first. All Im saying is that I need allies in this. Its gonna be tough to reach out to these folks and I want the help.. mainly so I dont get pissed at a lefty and kick their ass. Jussayin... Im only gonna take hearing Paul is a traitor or wanting to let sick people die long enough to realize that these people are just an enemy. Smart people with an open mind are who Im looking for. I dont want to deal with the Lindsay Grahams of that side either.

parke
10-08-2011, 01:39 AM
sigh... Youre right. Ill stay on DP and RPF and debate the people I agree with on 99% of the policies. I wont try to engage other smart people that are looking for answers because its useless.

Sorry bro. Love ya man.. but leadership is about seeing a path and taking it. I just wish you folks would see it too. This is the ONLY chance we are going to have to harness this energy to the defense of peace and liberty. Im sorry you couldnt see far enough to realize the rewards to stretch the olive branch and truth.

Tarzan
10-08-2011, 02:18 AM
sigh... Youre right. Ill stay on DP and RPF and debate the people I agree with on 99% of the policies. I wont try to engage other smart people that are looking for answers because its useless.

Sorry bro. Love ya man.. but leadership is about seeing a path and taking it. I just wish you folks would see it too. This is the ONLY chance we are going to have to harness this energy to the defense of peace and liberty. Im sorry you couldnt see far enough to realize the rewards to stretch the olive branch and truth.

To whom are you responding? Did you post this in the wrong thread?
What the hell are you talking about now?

jasonxe
10-08-2011, 02:23 AM
OccupyRonPaul ftw!

VoluntaryAmerican
10-08-2011, 02:34 AM
OP is absoluetly correct. This is a once in a generation oppurtunity to effect the hearts and minds of many, many, people and steer them toward liberty.

TER
10-08-2011, 02:34 AM
In regards to the NY circus I say DON'T GO, these people are a bunch of commies.

Many are. Many are not. The protests in NY are EXACTLY the one we want to be engaging now (obviously with discretion) and I think Sun Tzu would agree. It is our duty to educate them, now, while they are still maturing and developing as a movement. Yes, some of their demands are unwise and impossible, but some of them resonate with ours very nicely. We should discuss these demands and ideas, share one another's philosophy, and help each other who may be in ignorance of certain facts and events in history. We should engage them now, while this movement is growing, not waiting for it to blossom, but in fact, helping it do so, and by God's will, to the protection of life, the promotion of peace, the respect of the rule of law and the value of the individual.

Tarzan
10-08-2011, 02:57 AM
Many are. Many are not. The protests in NY are EXACTLY the one we want to be engaging now (obviously with discretion) and I think Sun Tzu would agree. It is our duty to educate them, now, while they are still maturing and developing as a movement. Yes, some of their demands are unwise and impossible, but some of them resonate with ours very nicely. We should discuss these demands and ideas, share one another's philosophy, and help each other who may be in ignorance of certain facts and events in history. We should engage them now, while this movement is growing, not waiting for it to blossom, but in fact, helping it do so, and by God's will, to the protection of life, the promotion of peace, the respect of the rule of law and the value of the individual.

If we stick with the Sun Tzu lessons he would not agree. He would tell you to attack the enemy where they are weak and you are strong. Not where they are strong and you are weak. NY should be the last target... usurp this anger in the smaller cities... where they are less organized and weaker... and our involvement would be less damaged should it go badly for us. Use the lessons learned in those venues to glean tactics for the next location. Share that information... use what works rather than repeating mistakes.

Sure... we have the correct answers. It will take work on an individual basis. You can't sell a complex idea to an angry, chanting mob... especially when the commie organizers have the bullhorns. Stay away from the NY bunch... too much media glare and too many idiots screaming the wrong message at the top of their lungs.

TER
10-08-2011, 03:23 AM
We are 99% in agreement. You believe we should be engaged with all the other venues while I want to include NYC as well.

CaptainAmerica
10-08-2011, 03:40 AM
http://www.slate.com/content/dam/slate/blogs/weigel/2011/10/05/poll_occupy_wall_street_starts_off_with_favorable_ ratings/127958250.jpg.CROP.rectangle3-large.jpg

"You see disorganization..we see democracy". Those idiots want mob rule.

Tarzan
10-08-2011, 03:42 AM
One more thing about these protests... There are numerous examples of this I am only going to use this one so as not to bore anyone.

Picking the wrong target... learning the wrong lessons from history
Way back in the late 60s and early 70s there was an anti-war, peace movement directed against the fighting in Vietnam. Protesters took to the streets, carried signs, ran around with bullhorns, had the crowd chanting slogans... "What do we want? PEACE... When do we want it? NOW". There is a widely held misconception that that peace movement ended the fighting in Vietnam. It did not!!!

The fighting in Vietnam did not end until NVA tanks came rolling down the road into Saigon... in 1975. The movement essentially started in 1964 and was in full swing by 1968. Why did it take so long to end American involvement? Because the peace movement had picked the wrong target and taken the wrong action. They were busy protesting and screaming rhyming slogans into bullhorns to do the thing that actually mattered... VOTING!!! Had they voted in new representation in Washington the funding for Vietnam could have been cut off and the fighting ended... no money, no war.

Unless this "movement" is handled properly the same result will occur... NOTHING! All the screaming and shouting will mean nothing unless these people vote... something they forgot to do during the VN Peace Movement. For this movement to direct their anger at Wall Street or even the FED is to completely miss the real target... the government. Our representatives are the ones who allowed this to happen... our representatives voted for TARP... our representatives permitted the deflation of the US dollar by allowing the FED to run our economy... and a host of other crimes.

I have this mental picture of the early union struggles... the fat-cat corporation owners looking out the window from their penthouse view to see the union fighting with the police and hired thugs in the streets. The funny part is that the union people, the police and the thugs were really on the same side (had much of the same personal interests at stake). But, the corporate guys had them fighting one another rather than going after the real target. Imagine if they had all put down their ax handles... looked up at the penthouse... and gone after the guys who were the real problem. It would have been the mob scene from Frankenstein with no one to protect the fat-cats.

I think the same thing is happening here... they have picked the wrong target and the real culprits are in the penthouse laughing their asses off... again. But, not a direct correlation, just an amusing mental picture for me.

What's my point?
The point is that even convincing the Occupy people that the FED is the culprit is the wrong target. The correct target is the house, the senate and the white house. Vote in some people who will follow the Constitution and we can get this mess straightened out in fairly short order. Protesting the FED is a waste of time. So, not only do the Occupy people need to understand the right target... so do Ron Paul supporters. And the point is... THEY GOTTA GET OUT THERE AND VOTE TO MAKE ANY REAL CHANGE!!!

edit: Wall Street, The Banks, The FED didn't steal the money... it was given to them... congress and the white house stole it from us and gave it to them. Is the first group a bunch of greedy bastards? You bet... but, the second group is the one at whom we should be directing this anger.