PDA

View Full Version : Organizer Pays Hispanics to Attend "Occupy DC"

sevin
10-07-2011, 07:23 AM
This made me laugh. Go to the link for the video. http://dailycaller.com/2011/10/06/organizer-admits-to-paying-occupy-dc-protesters-video/#ixzz1a6KxbGUn

A liberal organizer told the Daily Caller on Thursday afternoon that he paid some Hispanics to attend “Occupy DC” protests happening in the nation’s capital.

TheDC attended the protest event, an expansion of the “Occupy Wall Street” movement that began in New York City. Some aspects of the protest, it turned out, are more Astroturf than grassroots.

One group of about ten Hispanic protesters marched behind a Caucasian individual from the DC Tenants Advocacy Coalition, a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting rent control in Washington, D.C.

Asked why they were there, some Hispanic protesters holding up English protest signs could not articulate what their signs said.

Interviewed in Spanish, the protesters told conflicting stories about how their group was organized. Some said it was organized at their church, and that they were there as volunteers. Others, however, referred to the man from the DC Tenants Advocacy Coalition — the only Caucasian in the group — as their “boss.”

TheDC asked that organizer whether he was paying the group to attend the protest, and he conceded that some protesters “aren’t” volunteers.

“Some of them are volunteers. Some of them aren’t,” he explained. “I can’t identify them. I’m not going to get into an identification game.”

moostraks
10-07-2011, 07:45 AM
okay I admit lol'd as well...So I guess this falls under those jobs americans are refusing to do?

(for the record-not saying these folks are illegal)

I am picturing the 'boss' trolling in the no pick up zones we had in Atlanta looking for day laborers...ugh!

pcosmar
10-07-2011, 08:00 AM
One man-one voice. unless you can afford to add to your voice.

Last election I was talking to some Linemen about Ron Paul. They liked what I showed them (lit, slim-jims) but said the union is pushing them to vote for Obama.

I am not seeing a substantial difference here.

FrankRep
10-07-2011, 08:11 AM
Last election I was talking to some Linemen about Ron Paul. They liked what I showed them (lit, slim-jims) but said the union is pushing them to vote for Obama.

I am not seeing a substantial difference here.

It shows the anti-Wall Street movement to be artificial. The Unions will most likely force their members to join the protest as well.

pcosmar
10-07-2011, 08:19 AM
It shows the anti-Wall Street movement to be artificial. The Unions will most likely force their members to join the protest as well.

How is that any different from Romney hiring college students to show up at events as supporters?

or buying straw poll votes?

Answer,, not a damn bit of difference.

FrankRep
10-07-2011, 08:27 AM
How is that any different from Romney hiring college students to show up at events as supporters?

or buying straw poll votes?

Answer,, not a damn bit of difference.
I'm anti-Romney, FYI.

It shows the anti-Wall Street Romney movement to be artificial.

I'm not sure why you think Romney's actions somehow justify Occupy Wall Street's actions.

Speaking of Romney.

The Real Mitt Romney - More like a Liberal Democrat than a Republican

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySBQ2GHLHBs

pcosmar
10-07-2011, 08:35 AM
I'm not sure why you think Romney's actions somehow justify Occupy Wall Street's actions.

Not justifying. Just pointing out that both sides play that same game and have for years.
Also,, this guy had his own agenda. and there is nothing presented tying him to OWS.
In fact it was in DC. a spin off demonstration.

And I will again mention that many groups have joined this protest. Adbusters (occypywallstreet) being one.
It originally started with Operation ESR (http://www.anonnewsnet.com/2011/03/protest-that-wasnt.html). A protest of the Federal Reserve.

CaptainAmerica
10-07-2011, 08:39 AM
astroturf.

oyarde
10-07-2011, 10:34 AM
I feel much better that some of these people are being paid . Here I was being judgemental that they were all lazy slackers , not looking for a job , laying out of a publicly funded job and wanting everything they possibly desire to be provided for them by the toil of others.