PDA

View Full Version : The Truth About The 99%: An Interview With Occupy Boston

bobbyw24
10-07-2011, 04:42 AM
I just guest hosted for the Ken Pittman Show on AM 1420 WBSM in Massachusetts today. During the show I lined up one of the organizers of Occupy Boston to discuss what they are protesting, who they are seeing coming to these protests and if they are in it for the long haul.

Lindsay Mise, the person who called from Dewey Square, said they are in it for the long haul, in fact he is getting ready for the winter as we speak. The most interesting part of my interview with him was his statement that they are non partisan. They honestly do not trust either party. In fact, Lindsay was thinking about supporting John Huntsman for President, but had supported Bill Richardson in the 2008 Democratic primary. He is a small business owner along with his parents and he sees that if people do not have money, he doesn’t make money. Pretty simple huh?

He understands the power and influence money has had in our political system and that is why he is there. He admitted that there are communists and anarchists, but he said he is talking to everyone to find common ground. Unfortunately, the right wing talkers, bloggers and T.V. hosts will make those fringe people a focal point at the expense of the overall movement.

He is a HUGE Ron Paul supporter, but he mentioned something that made me think about the possibilities of this movement. He said he saw tea party members, Ron Paul supporters, union members and liberal talking, shaking hands and finding common ground….ok pick your jaws up off the ground now…you read that right.

http://www.politicususa.com/en/interview-occupy-boston