PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Romney Republicans Courting Evangelical Christian Vote

sailingaway
10-06-2011, 10:35 PM
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-10-07/anti-romney-republicans-courting-evangelical-christian-vote.html

acptulsa
10-07-2011, 04:41 AM
I wish I could figure out how to get through to these people. So many of them get so much of their self-worth from out-Jaesusing each other in spite of Matthew:6, and get so many of their misconceptions about Israel from the great multitude of paid commercial programs selling Israel to them on the televangelist channels, that they're hard to reach. It's really hard to play up Dr. Paul without making them defensive, and usually with good reason. I mean, maybe holding up this sterling example to them is good for them in the end, but it doesn't feel like the way to get their votes when we need them.

So, you go to them and every argument you have in favor of this humble servant makes them defensive, then you go to HuffPo and see people calling the man a theocrat, and the mods won't let you post rebuttals to those lies. I don't know how to fix what looks like a lose-lose situation, and really shouldn't be. Maybe I should just show the evangelicals those 'he's a theocrat' posts on HuffPo and be done with it...

sailingaway
10-07-2011, 05:59 AM
So, you go to them and every argument you have in favor of this humble servant makes them defensive, then you go to HuffPo and see people calling the man a theocrat, and the mods won't let you post rebuttals to those lies. I don't know how to fix what looks like a lose-lose situation, and really shouldn't be. Maybe I should just show the evangelicals those 'he's a theocrat' posts on HuffPo and be done with it...

Couldn't hurt...! Or maybe it could, depending on what else is there. It is frustrating, though.

10-07-2011, 07:52 AM
I saw a video of RP giving a pro life speech before Ames. Doesn't that appeal to them? I figure it does, but I'm not really religious, just morally opposed to abortion so I wouldn't know for sure.

kazmlsj
10-07-2011, 02:41 PM
Ron Paul doesn't use his faith as a political tool so it is not obvious to 'Christians' that he is a born-again believer.

Instead of looking at the choices he makes and the integrity by which he lives - they want sound-bytes and little skits and empty music to make them feel good about their candidate. Just like they get every Sunday morning.

I'm a believer - the mainstream Evangelicals do not represent the God I serve - it all disgusts me.