PDA

View Full Version : What do you think are the top ten issues to promote liberty?

Chester Copperpot
10-06-2011, 08:29 PM
Im down with

1. Abolition of the Federal Reserve system

and Jury nullification and state nullification with being on the list somewhere too.. probably 2 and 3 (or 3 and 2)

But I was wondering what other issues anybody here could suggest to round out the list??

THanks in advance.

bluesc
10-06-2011, 08:35 PM
Depends on who you are promoting it to.

For me it's the wars, drug war, income tax, less regulations, the PATRIOT act, out of the UN and the end of the police state.

GeorgiaAvenger
10-06-2011, 08:40 PM
Opt out of Social Security and Medicare is very high on my list since I am still young
Private property rights are big with me too: do not tell me who to hire, what to pay them, and where they have to work. Let me do what I want with my land.

Travlyr
10-06-2011, 10:11 PM
Since hemp is the most environmentally friendly plant on earth, then it should be legal to grow and use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZvFE53JzDk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZvFE53JzDk

DamianTV
10-07-2011, 02:09 AM
The Nation needs to reconsider the appropriate role, size, and powers of the Federal Government, and then enforce the conclusion.

Keith and stuff
10-07-2011, 02:20 AM
The main issue is the size (monetarily) of the government. That deals with federal monetary issues, the size of current budget and the amount of total debt. Anything done to improve liberty when it comes to size of government is excellent activism.

The minor issue is the scope of the government. Anything done to reduce the scope of the government at any level is excellent activism.

Then there are other excellent activism issues like informing people of the above two things, helping elect people that will work to reduce the size or scope of the government and working to increase awareness and influence legislation on those issues.

kahless
10-07-2011, 08:21 AM
1. Constitutional amendment to make levying property taxes illegal. This so Americans can actually own private property outright.
2. Enforce the Constitution, make it illegal for any government institution to force its citizens to buy a product such as paying for public schools through property taxes, health insurance, police and other public services. Government should not hold and enforce a monopoly on any of these things.

One of the main reasons we cannot own property outright is due to tax enslavement to blood sucking civil servants, public school systems, teachers and unions. Where I live the people that get these jobs is like hitting the life time lottery. They are taken care of for life on our backs while property owners are expect to pay for it for life and if they miss one dollar are forced out on to the street because of civil servants immoral greed.

Mahkato
10-07-2011, 08:27 AM
I think it's pretty easy to make the case for moving the power down the pyramid:

Work on moving the laws from international down to federal, federal down to state, state down to region (county, metro area, etc.), region down to community councils, community down to school boards, school boards down to parents.

This stepped approach is more palatable for people, even those who disagree on the role of government. See Lilliputian Liberty (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR-qLB-XMhU).

Original_Intent
10-07-2011, 08:38 AM
I am sure that this won't be a popular answer, but I think the critical thing is national repentance. Not at all that I would force religiosity on anyone, the opposite really.

But I do think that we need a return to looking to Divine Providence for guidance and blessing. As this is done I believe that indivdual's minds will be enlightened with understanding regarding the correct principles enshrined in the Constitution. It is only thru a mass awakening that this can happen. I realize there are a good number of atheists and agnostics that have the intellect and understanding to understand these correct principles, and in many cases, in my opinion, they are more in alignment with God's will than a good number of those professing faith.

I also tend to believe that a mass return to faith will only happen as calamities (financial, warfare, plague, whatever else our overseers can dream up) come upon us. Bad times tend to turn people's minds to God and they also begin to look for understanding of the causes of their problems. I think these go hand in hand - as people seek understanding they are given it.

I don;t intend to inflame the non-believers with this post - the fact that you are here, in my opinion, shows that you have a superior understanding than those who allow themselves to be manipulated thru their religious beliefs. But in answer to the thread title, I feel that number one requirement for liberty is a return of belief and commitment to God and His laws (which the Consitution of the U.S. represents the closest approximation established in any government of the world.)

oyarde
10-07-2011, 10:37 AM
Depends on who you are promoting it to.

For me it's the wars, drug war, income tax, less regulations, the PATRIOT act, out of the UN and the end of the police state. Out of the UN , Yes !

oyarde
10-07-2011, 10:39 AM
Opt out of Social Security and Medicare is very high on my list since I am still young
Private property rights are big with me too: do not tell me who to hire, what to pay them, and where they have to work. Let me do what I want with my land. I like it .

Becker
10-07-2011, 11:12 AM
1. lower taxes
2. lower wage limits
3. less laws
4. less "mandatory" sentencing, fines
5. less traffic regulations
6. more jury trials
7. less government jobs
8. more regulation on stock market, derivatives
9. greater punishment on white collar crimes
10. higher efficiency in trial & prison system

The Free Hornet
10-07-2011, 12:42 PM
1 Reduce military spending by at least half (secure the border)
2 End the war on drugs and decriminialize medicine (end the FDA)
3 Create opt outs for Social Security and Medicare, do not accept new applicants
4 Repeal the 16th Amendment
5 End all unconstitutional departments (Dept of Education, Energy, BATF, Homeland Secuirty, EPA)
6 Create regulation rollback plans, 2000, 1990, 1980...
7 Reform the patent and copyright system to early 1800s scope (or just scrap it all)
8 Cut government salary levels by 50%
9 Return 95% of Federal lands to the states or the people
10 Piss off the ABA, hiring whoever you want for legal counsel is a civil right

Verrater
10-07-2011, 12:59 PM
10th Amendment