PDA

View Full Version : Stock Traders Mock Occupy Wall Street Protesters "We are the 1%"

Tina
10-06-2011, 09:41 AM
Let them eat cake.

The Chicago traders, confronted by the protesters’ “We are the 99 percent” message, crafted signs in eighth-floor windows that said: “We are the 1%."

http://chicagoist.com/attachments/chicagoist_chuck/2011_10_5_one_percent.jpg

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/topstory/picture-stock-traders-mock-occupy-wall-street-protesters-we-are-1

jtstellar
10-06-2011, 10:08 AM
lol ya right, only their boss is. i can make more money as an individual trader than most of these guys picking up the phones when i call their brokerage firm. they work for me. i can lose more money in a month than they make the entire year. 1% my ass. been to new york.. their self pride in living in a shit hole and tiny over-priced apartments is shocking. they actually feel happy and proud living in a cramped city not really making much more than other top professions across the entire continent. did i mention better living spaces? their constantly pissed-off attitude was hilarious too. pedestrians always looking like they're so busy to get somewhere and mad when you're walking too slow. busy get to where? oh right to your barely above 6 figure paycheck or a tiny 2 room apartment. new yorkers are a joke.

Kludge
10-06-2011, 10:11 AM
lol ya right, only their boss is. i can make more money as an individual trader than most of these guys picking up the phones when i call their brokerage firm. they work for me. i can lose more money in a month they make the entire year. 1% my ass
That may have been their point. Trolling the trolls.

silentshout
10-06-2011, 10:11 AM
Disgusting.

bluesc
10-06-2011, 10:13 AM
Hahaha.

Pizzo
10-06-2011, 10:17 AM
lol ya right, only their boss is. i can make more money as an individual trader than most of these guys picking up the phones when i call their brokerage firm. they work for me. i can lose more money in a month than they make the entire year. 1% my ass. been to new york.. their self pride in living in a shit hole and tiny over-priced apartments is shocking. they actually feel happy and proud living in a cramped city not really making much more than other top professions across the entire continent. did i mention better living spaces? their constantly pissed-off attitude was hilarious too. pedestrians always looking like they're so busy to get somewhere and mad when you're walking too slow. busy get to where? oh right to your barely above 6 figure paycheck or a tiny 2 room apartment. new yorkers are a joke.

The Chicago traders, confronted by the protesters’ “We are the 99 percent” message, crafted signs in eighth-floor windows that said: “We are the 1%."

Say what now?

fatjohn
10-06-2011, 10:30 AM
Ah they think they are they even might. The problem is the 0.001% and those are not the traders. Those should get the guillotine when the revolution comes. Focus on them, The Rothschilds, the rockefellers, The Bushes, etc.

jkr
10-06-2011, 10:40 AM
wOw

now THAT is asking for it.

FrankRep
10-06-2011, 10:41 AM
Stock Traders are not the 1% and Occupy Wall Street are not the 99%.

jtstellar
10-06-2011, 10:44 AM
That may have been their point. Trolling the trolls.

that's a good point if they had your smarts, but i sincerely doubt.

jtstellar
10-06-2011, 10:45 AM

Say what now?

say new yorkers are a joke

Pizzo
10-06-2011, 10:51 AM
say new yorkers are a joke

The story is about Chicago traders and you went on a rant against New Yorkers. I'm a former New Yorker. Am I a former joke? Or do I take my jokiness with me as I move? I'm not sure.

brandon
10-06-2011, 10:53 AM
lmao I like it.

Philhelm
10-06-2011, 10:56 AM
The story is about Chicago traders and you went on a rant against New Yorkers. I'm a former New Yorker. Am I a former joke? Or do I take my jokiness with me as I move? I'm not sure.

No. We're the 1776%. Definitely no joke.

Aratus
10-06-2011, 01:24 PM
did obama's 'one percent' suited dudes mock the protesters
or were they more into mitt romney bland faux~IBM outfits?

Cowlesy
10-06-2011, 01:28 PM

Sure you aren't confusing brokers with traders? Little bit of a diff there.

jtstellar
10-06-2011, 07:46 PM
Sure you aren't confusing brokers with traders? Little bit of a diff there.

why do traders have to live in a major city? they don't. it's not like they have to attend a joke show like cnbc regularly

and these guys are inside an office building.. obviously it isn't a single room office, how else do you put those words on the window coherently? i can't imagine a capable trader not working in a single, quiet room. majority of speculators lose money anyway. just because someone's a trader it doesn't mean he's capable. he might even make less than someone working at the phone desk.

jtstellar
10-06-2011, 07:51 PM
The story is about Chicago traders and you went on a rant against New Yorkers. I'm a former New Yorker. Am I a former joke? Or do I take my jokiness with me as I move? I'm not sure. i mocked you because my post was actually in 2 parts.. the first half applied to many financial service personnel. the second part referred to my unpleasant experience in new york. you want to read out what provokes you, go right ahead. i doubt too that if i weren't possibly reiterating some other experience you've had with people talking about new yorkers, you would probably be naively confused and wondering why i think that way, instead of reacting the way you did. so, hey, i'm not the first guy. live with it.

oh, btw, i live in california. i know what they say about us, and i actually nod my head in agreement and i can't wait to get out of here the first chance i get, if i didn't have to take care of some things first. from the way you react, could you possibly be taking some pride in being a new yorker? if so, that's truly unfortunate. i will live in a big city when they actually uphold the second amendment.

Dreamofunity
10-06-2011, 09:57 PM
The whole point of 1% vs 99% is insane, especially when expanded beyond the American paradigm.

Globally, if you make more than ~$47,500, you are the 1%. (http://www.globalrichlist.com/) The majority of protests are at least within the top 5% globally.

Marenco
10-06-2011, 10:26 PM
There is plenty of people in the 1% that are not even part of the elite. It's quite a small group that are part of it.

wannaberocker
10-06-2011, 11:40 PM
Im not in the 1 %, but i would like to be.