PDA

View Full Version : If this ain't twisting Ron's words...

D.A.S.
10-06-2011, 08:55 AM
On "Right Side News",

Congressman Ron Paul (R-TX) also jumped on the anti-Wall Street bandwagon. In a move that ought to permanently disqualify him as a GOP presidential candidate, Paul gave aid and comfort to the radicals who want to destroy America. “If they were demonstrating peacefully, and making a point, and arguing our case, and drawing attention to the Fed — I would say, good!” Paul said.

When told that a New York police officer pepper-sprayed protesters, Paul reflexively took the side of the radicals. “I didn’t read the stories about it. But that means government doesn’t like to be receiving any criticism at all. And my argument is, government should be in the open — the people’s privacy ought to be protected. So I don’t like it.”

At least they got his quotes in, but the spin is pretty blatant. Ron actually said "I don't know who these people are and what they stand for" - he just said he supports their right for civil disobedience if it's peaceful.

Looks like they let my clarifying comment stand as written, so far........

hxx p://www.rightsidenews.com/2011100614656/life-and-science/culture-wars/occupy-wall-street-jumps-the-shark.html

kojirodensetsu
10-06-2011, 09:01 AM
We live in a country where people think "it's good to pepper spray people I don't agree with, but just don't pepper spray me."

bluesc
10-06-2011, 09:07 AM
Lucky it is pretty much an irrelevant site :)

It's ranked 33,000 in the US, infowars 573 and growing.

I'll comment for the hell of it.