PDA

View Full Version : To those afraid of inviting people to BTO on Facebook..???

mstrmac1
10-06-2011, 12:15 AM
I too was reluctant. Why should I impose upon my friends my views? They don't even know I like RP. But here is what happened out of my short list of friends of 74.. 6 committed to BTO. Wow, I had no idea they liked him. I now know " just do it.." What's the worst could happen.

muzzled dogg
10-06-2011, 12:23 AM
thank you

harikaried
10-06-2011, 12:47 AM
They don't even know I like RP.Be proud to support Ron Paul. Are your friends going to stop liking you because you believe Ron Paul really can fix this country? What's probably going to happen is that those friends will see that they have someone to ask questions and realize Ron Paul is pretty reasonable.

dusman
10-06-2011, 01:44 AM
I too was reluctant. Why should I impose upon my friends my views? They don't even know I like RP. But here is what happened out of my short list of friends of 74.. 6 committed to BTO. Wow, I had no idea they liked him. I now know " just do it.." What's the worst could happen.

+rep

Exactly! Nice job!

jeremiahj13
10-06-2011, 07:18 AM
Ok, I have a bit more of a legitimate fear; I have some friends of mine in the army (I'm currently in the National Guard), if they find out I'm very anti-war, I would be embarassed, what do you say to that one?

eaglesfan48
10-06-2011, 07:34 AM
Ok, I have a bit more of a legitimate fear; I have some friends of mine in the army (I'm currently in the National Guard), if they find out I'm very anti-war, I would be embarassed, what do you say to that one?

You realize Ron Paul has the most military support among any candidate, right? Ron Paul has double the military donations than every other candidate COMBINED. The troops know Ron Paul is anti-war, yet the troops overwhelmingly support Ron Paul.

sirgonzo420
10-06-2011, 07:37 AM

You could go kill some people to prove you're still a killer at heart.

(that was sarcasm)

If you are embarrassed for having liberty-oriented views, then don't share them, or man up and speak the truth.

reduen
10-06-2011, 07:44 AM
You realize Ron Paul has the most military support among any candidate, right? Ron Paul has double the military donations than every other candidate COMBINED. The troops know Ron Paul is anti-war, yet the troops overwhelmingly support Ron Paul.

Exactly, point out that Ron Paul is very strong on national defense and that he has more support from members of the military than all the other candidates combined. No need to even bring up being "anti-war" even....

InTradePro
10-06-2011, 07:47 AM
Would like some examples of a message to use when sending BTO to Facebook friends.

Brown Sapper
10-06-2011, 08:00 AM

You will be suprised on how many in Army line up Ron Paul. I can personally attest, I am in the National Guard right now too. I think out of my own company there is like five people that don't at least respect Paul because of his adherence to the Constitution. Be the one to say what everyone else is thinking, you might be surprised.

UtahApocalypse
10-06-2011, 08:25 AM
Would like some examples of a message to use when sending BTO to Facebook friends.

Here is what i put:

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa299/Utah4RonPaul/BTO.jpg
Why are my eyes black?? Because of the media black out on Your right to vote. They are deceiving you..... Fight for your right to be a informed voter. Fight the media bias and hype. Black this Out Nov 19th.

TexAg09
10-06-2011, 08:30 AM
I'm also in the National Guard. I liked this post and will be inviting all of my friends. It's the simple analogies that get people going.

Also, I took an oath to "...support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..." I never really thought about that line up until I was lying in bed last night. It took on a whole new meaning to me. :)

sabu140
10-06-2011, 08:47 AM

I'm in the Military myself, having had multiple combat deployments as well as deployments to train foreign militaries. For one I believe we achieved the goal of winning and withdrawal would ensure proper funding for Military/veterans pay and benefits as opposed to nation building and arming foreign nations like I have been a part of. I would consider myself PRO America/Military. Being anti anything can be considered negative.

Right now the DOD faces $400-900 billion in budget cuts with a majority coming by way of troop cuts, smaller budgets, less pay and benefits, increased fees, and the big one being the assault on retirement. I have coupled these two articles together and handed them out to the guys I work with and received good feedback. Remember we are doing this to help our country.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/09/20/obamas-deficit-reduction-plan-takes-aim-at-military-retirement-system/

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2011/09/20/ron-paul-issues-open-letter-to-president-obama-concerning-cuts-to-veterans%E2%80%99-benefits/

eaglesfan48
10-06-2011, 09:54 AM
UtahApocalypse that is all good except for the Nov 19th thing. A slight change to Oct is in order. =)

TexAg09
10-06-2011, 09:57 AM
How the hell do you select everyone on your friends list to invite? Or do I have to go through one by one?

I never invite people to events so I'm new to this.

Steve-in-NY
10-06-2011, 10:09 AM
You inspired me. I did them all. Thanks.

RIPLEYMOM
10-06-2011, 10:30 AM
'Ok, I have a bit more of a legitimate fear; I have some friends of mine in the army (I'm currently in the National Guard), if they find out I'm very anti-war, I would be embarassed, what do you say to that one?' ^

Are you anti-war, or anti-foreign policy? That will make a big difference in making your point, and in no-way makes it seem like you disregard their service. How could they not expect caring Americans to question our current foreign policy?

TwoJ
10-06-2011, 10:37 AM
Just invited almost everyone, hope more people do the same!

Todd
10-06-2011, 10:48 AM

You don't have to say your "anti war". You can phrase it in a way that explains that defending this country doesn't require endless intervention in every nation in the mid east and that we actually make our "security" worse when we spread ourselves out too thin. You can show how we have gone against our doctrine of "just war" into something completely opposite of what our country was founded on and you can point to SunTsu's Art of War which argues against all that our fearless foreign policy gurus preach now. I routinely say this and I'm in the Guard too. There's a diplomatic way to discuss these things. Of course you can't discuss it with all us yahoos in the military but there are a few who will listen.

Aren't all soldiers supposed to be "anti war" in the sense that they are supposed to defend and protect this nation from aggressors so that there is no need for war?

mstrmac1
10-06-2011, 01:01 PM
You inspired me. I did them all. Thanks.

Great.. any feedback?

TexAg09
10-06-2011, 06:01 PM
I just invited all of my friends and I couldn't be happier!! It's awesome seeing people attend BTO who you never would have imagined supporting Ron Paul.

Seriously, everyone just needs to invite their friend's list. You could be extending the opportunity to someone who probably never knew about BTO. Facebook get's the job done!

Don't think about it!!! Just do it!!!

TwoJ
10-06-2011, 06:28 PM
Update on mine, had 6 people RSVP so far, 4 of which I had no idea liked Ron Paul.

If everyone on the forums does this and gets another 3-5 people, it would be huge!

libertybrewcity
10-06-2011, 06:33 PM

Chances are they support Ron Paul. If you have 3 friends, two of them say the wars weren't worth it.

XTreat
10-06-2011, 06:45 PM

I am active duty Army and you can be damn sure everyone I work with and my company knows that I am anti-war. Soldiers should be the MOST anti-war. We are the ones who pay the heaviest price of this bullshit.

jeremiahj13
10-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Ok you all persuaded me, I will invite many of my friends on Facebook to it , even people I rarely talk to :) Thanks for the encouragement.

jeremiahj13
10-06-2011, 10:27 PM
Ok, it took me about 15 minutes, but I sent invite to my entire friends list (400+) friends on FB... :)

For this event:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=181997088537471

mstrmac1
10-06-2011, 10:52 PM
Ok, it took me about 15 minutes, but I sent invite to my entire friends list (400+) friends on FB... :)

For this event:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=181997088537471

+rep ...You da man!

Todd
10-07-2011, 09:12 AM
Ok you all persuaded me, I will invite many of my friends on Facebook to it , even people I rarely talk to :) Thanks for the encouragement.

Let us know if you get any backlash.

jeremiahj13
10-07-2011, 10:49 AM
Let us know if you get any backlash.
Thanks, I am amazed at how many of my friends have already accepted :O. at least 8 accepted, and counting... is there a way to see which friends of your accepted, rejected, or said maybe?

Todd
10-08-2011, 06:42 AM
Thanks, I am amazed at how many of my friends have already accepted :O. at least 8 accepted, and counting... is there a way to see which friends of your accepted, rejected, or said maybe?

I think rejections are private...not sure about the rest.

jufreese
10-08-2011, 07:15 AM
just invited about 100 friends...how do I see who responded?

centure7
10-08-2011, 07:19 AM
They don't have to find out you're anti-war. Just tell them Ron Paul believes the strongest defence for the US means putting the troops closer to our borders for now. I laugh at the notation I'm anti-war. Either we pull back our troops our our nation will financially collapse. Pick one.

TruckinMike
10-08-2011, 08:19 AM
Ron Paul supporters should never use the phrase* "Anti-war". Just like they should never wear the Che/Ron likeness t-shirts or hats. The reason RP supporters are labeled leftist by ignorant bush wonks is because of our language and image. ---- There are um-teen threads on this topic that all point out this basic point:

If you look like a lefty and use words that lefties use -- then you are a lefty.

Its just that simple.

Ron Paul is not Anti-war. And he is not a lefty!

TMike

*when describing Ron Pauls foreign policy

harikaried
10-08-2011, 03:46 PM
Another thing to remember.. You're not sending out the invites on Facebook because you support Ron Paul.

You're sending out the invites because you're ****ing tired of the media blackout.

There's plenty of evidence especially with today's Values Voter Summit news. You're angry and your friends should know.

Keith and stuff
10-08-2011, 04:10 PM

Ron Paul isn't anti-war from what I can tell. He seems to be someone that would support a Constitutional war of defense.

Ron Paul is pro-American, not anti-war. He served in the military. He swore an oath to protect the Constitution. How could he support an unconstitutional war and still uphold his oath? He has been a congressman for decade after decade. He knows that the US doesn't have the money to occupy 130 countries forever. He doesn't dislike the troops. He supports the troops. He wants to bring them home to protect American and visit with their families.

qwerty
10-08-2011, 11:08 PM
Bump!

harikaried
10-09-2011, 01:25 AM
Would like some examples of a message to use when sending BTO to Facebook friends.I sent this to about 200 people:

Sorry for the seemingly random invite, but something happened today that made me furious!

A news headline today referring to a straw poll in DC said: "Cain comes in 2nd to Paul in straw poll of social conservatives; Santorum places 3rd". This is only slightly better than the blatant bias from 2 months ago for Iowa with a headline: "Michele Bachmann wins Ames Straw Poll, Tim Pawlenty gets third".

The mainstream media tries to ignore Ron Paul's 1st place lead with 37% of the votes today and the virtual tie for 1st place in Iowa (within 1%). There was also a complete blackout of his 1st place win in California when I drove down to LA to vote last month.

When the media does mention Ron Paul, it's often only to misrepresent his position and his plans as President. (I can clarify if you'd like.)

I've invited you to check out some videos and to allow you to decide if you want to pledge to send a message to the mainstream media on Oct. 19th. We have already maxed out with our $5000 donation, so to participate, we can only ask you to donate just a small percentage of that if you agree that the corporate media lies are not acceptable.

http://blackthisout.com/

harikaried
10-09-2011, 09:31 PM
is there a way to see which friends of your accepted, rejected, or said maybe?Aren't the lists sorted by friends first then random people after?

TexAg09
10-09-2011, 09:46 PM
Aren't the lists sorted by friends first then random people after?
Yeah, that's why I keep checking the event. So far I have 7 'attending' and 7 'maybe attending'. At least I found out who likes Ron Paul :)

ross11988
10-10-2011, 06:01 AM
Sent to 350+ people.

ScotTFO
10-10-2011, 06:24 AM
Haha, how's this one. Half my friends on my list work for social security and the FAA and another 1/4 is family who works for Obama is family of that person or are so pro Obama they'd sooner die than vote for a republican. I am reluctant to send a mass invite but I am sure I've been blocked from their walls due to my daily rp education on my Facebook. Next thanksgiving is going to be awkward. :)

mstrmac1
10-10-2011, 12:41 PM
Sent to 350+ people.

Great Job! Tell more of your friends who sign up and attend, to invite their friends too!!