PDA

View Full Version : 99% WRONG (article at LRC about OWS)

Sola_Fide
10-05-2011, 03:20 PM
"Hipster doofuses" :)

http://lewrockwell.com/spl3/99-percent-wrong.html

But despite their sincerity, they may become the unwitting tools of those who love the idea of world government more than they claim to hate the idea of American capitalism. And no corporation on Earth could ever truly imperil the well- being of “the people”—all 99 plus 1 percent of them—more than a one-world government.

pcosmar
10-05-2011, 03:33 PM
The article is 99% wrong.
In fact it is BULLSHIT in the first sentence and piles it on from there.

The first reports that were written, before this grew and other groups joined in was that all ages young and old and several political ideologies were there.

There are some that are furiously sowing division though.

Read the rest of the article

No thanks. not worth the recycled electrons.

Sola_Fide
10-05-2011, 03:37 PM
The article is 99% wrong.
In fact it is BULLSHIT in the first sentence and piles it on from there.

The first reports that were written, before this grew and other groups joined in was that all ages young and old and several political ideologies were there.

There are some that are furiously sowing division though.

So you're saying before the Tides foundation took it over, there were more diverse ideologies represented? Hmmm....well, I can see your point there.

pcosmar
10-05-2011, 03:45 PM
So you're saying before the Tides foundation took it over, there were more diverse ideologies represented? Hmmm....well, I can see your point there.

There are a lot of folks there, (and growing numbers) If you don't want it "taken over" by one group or another get like minded people out there.
Everyone was invited. It seems that predominantly "left" leaning folks are accepting the opportunity. Or at least they are being most reported.
And the are not all kids,, nor all unemployed. Though the unemployed may have both time and inclination to go. And it seems there are more and more unemployed every day.

Carole
10-05-2011, 03:56 PM
The whole “Occupy Wall Street” thing was launched in July when consumer-culture-hating Canadian magazine Adbusters ran an ad asking whether America was “Ripe for a Tahrir Movement.” Adbusters founder Kalle Lasn seems to hate all things American and love all things global. He openly endorsed “Not just a carbon tax, but a global across-the-board pricing system.” Adbusters also hosted a “One Flag” competition to design a flag symbolizing “global citizenship.”

Over the past decade, Adbusters Media Foundation is said to have received over $300,000 from the giant progressive golden calf known as the Tides Foundation, which in turn has received millions in donations from culture-busting globalist currency-meddler George Soros’s Open Society Institute. Adbusters is also said to have received an additional $176,500 “from organizations associated with…George Soros’s Democracy Alliance.” The US Day of Rage site, another agitant in the Occupy Wall Street movement, has also allegedly received Tides Foundation cash injections.

Just as I believe that most people who attended Tea Party rallies were sincere, I’m willing to cut the same slack to these corporation-hating hipster doofuses who clogged the Brooklyn Bridge on Saturday. They’re frustrated and feel that the powerful don’t listen to them. Good for them.

But despite their sincerity, they may become the unwitting tools of those who love the idea of world government more than they claim to hate the idea of American capitalism. And no corporation on Earth could ever truly imperil the well-being of “the people”—all 99 plus 1 percent of them—more than a one-world government.

Tells me some of what I need to know.

pcosmar
10-05-2011, 04:03 PM
Tells me some of what I need to know.

How so. This was NOT started by AdBusters.
It was started by Anonymous and AdBusters joined in and cosponsored.

The RNC could have joined and or cosponsored,, but that would be against their interests (They are involved in the corruption)

Right wing folks tend to like RBGary and Infragard and believe that whistle-blowers like Bradly Manning and Julian Assange should be killed.

Carole
10-06-2011, 09:41 AM
The Tea Party was co-opted by the neocons. At least some of it has been.

OWS was a top down movement from the beginning. Most of those kids/folks on the street are clueless about the true source of the problem. I would agree that it might be a good thing for liberty-minded people to try and approach them and persuade them toward the truth. It is a shame when people are used as tools by the very people whom they oppose.

Romulus
10-06-2011, 11:19 AM
Agree with Pete.. that is some BS divisie article right there.

The establishments biggest fear is that we form an alliance against them, they are trying their hardest to keep us divided by any means possible.

The Neocons co-opted the tea party and the other camp is trying to do the same here..

That's the power of End the Fed.. it unites us all.

Jingles
10-07-2011, 08:33 AM
I really liked this article. I still am having trouble why people are into the whole "Occupy Wallstreet" stuff around here. Its not an End the Fed movement. It isn't going to join us. This is mostly leftists and you are going to change these idiots' minds. Let's not get associated with them. Why don't we go protest the Fed outside of Fed buildings instead of getting caught up with this idiots.

pcosmar
10-07-2011, 08:45 AM
I really liked this article. I still am having trouble why people are into the whole "Occupy Wallstreet" stuff around here. Its not an End the Fed movement. It isn't going to join us. This is mostly leftists and you are going to change these idiots' minds. Let's not get associated with them. Why don't we go protest the Fed outside of Fed buildings instead of getting caught up with this idiots.
It was about the Federal Reserve. But that was before you even joined this forum.
http://www.anonnewsnet.com/2011/03/protest-that-wasnt.html
Few people showed up at this first attempt at OFFline activism. They reached out to others and "What is the Plan" was born.
http://www.whatis-theplan.org/

Adbusters (and others) joined in and co-sponsored this event.

brandon
10-07-2011, 09:14 AM
Oh god I'm lol'ing pretty good at parts of this article

There was group yoga, pillow-fighting, face-painting, meditation, banner-unfurling, ukelele-strumming, drum-beating, and – who knows? – maybe even some didgeridoo-playing, communal foot-rubbing, and a circular round of anal candling to top it all off.

wizardwatson
10-07-2011, 09:44 AM
Yeah, article is divisive. It's two pages of name calling and about 2 paragraphs of bland journalism.

Why frame this as right vs. left, Tea Party vs. Occupy whatever. Everyone's pissed and for good reason. We need to stop this kind of rhetoric. Whether or not we believe that OWS supporters have their head screwed on properly, we need to be about reaching out and being compassionate to those who are fed up.