PDA

View Full Version : See Something, Say Something

Anti Federalist
10-05-2011, 02:15 PM
Where this is heading...look to see more and more of these stories.

Suspected meth lab was brewing beer

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2011/09/15/Suspected-meth-lab-was-brewing-beer/UPI-93761316075400/

COLORADO SPRINGS, Sept. 15 (UPI) -- Police in Colorado said an apartment building was evacuated when a manager confused a home beer-brewing operation with a meth lab.

Colorado Springs police said the apartment building at 2400 Tremont St. was evacuated Monday and a Hazardous Materials team was brought in after the manager conducted a routine inspection and discovered a pair of 5-gallon buckets giving off an odor he suspected to be involved with the production of meth, The (Colorado Springs) Gazette reported Wednesday.

However, residents were allowed back into the building after about 45 minutes when the buckets were found to contain home-brewed beer.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2011/09/15/Suspected-meth-lab-was-brewing-beer/UPI-93761316075400/#ixzz1ZwMhdx1M

Pericles
10-05-2011, 10:43 PM
That is why the program is so wrong, it should have been "See Something, Shoot Something".

DamianTV
10-06-2011, 03:45 AM
Or See Something, Keep your Mouth Shut So Cops Dont Shoot You Or Your Dog Instead.

eduardo89
10-06-2011, 04:20 AM
Actually in this case I think the building manager wasn't that in the building manager wasn't so in the wrong. If it's my building, or I'm being paid to take care of the building and some renter is running a meth lab, putting people and property in danger, I sure as hell will want them out of there. It's not usually the best idea to knock and kindly ask meth cooks, who are usually addicts too, to kindly cease cooking and move out.

In 99% of cases I'd say don't call the cops though. But I understand why the building manager would want to cover his ass.

tasteless
10-06-2011, 04:36 AM
More like see something, snitch on your neighbor

ghengis86
10-06-2011, 05:46 AM
Snitches get stitches.

Kelly.
10-06-2011, 08:39 AM
in a town of 5 military bases and thousands of govt employees, the fear runs high here.

glad to see that instead of going down to talk to the guy who was brewing (and probably being offered a beer), the first option was to call the cops. :\

freedom? yeah right

flightlesskiwi
10-06-2011, 08:49 AM
in a town of 5 military bases and thousands of govt employees, the fear runs high here.

glad to see that instead of going down to talk to the guy who was brewing (and probably being offered a beer), the first option was to call the cops. :\

freedom? yeah right

funny you say this. i know for a fact that a particular base was removed from the BRAC list because the residents of the location are KNOWN for "see something, say something" and their attitude was viewed as an asset.

Kelly.
10-06-2011, 08:57 AM
<- not surprised at all

donnay
10-06-2011, 09:14 AM
We should turn the tables on them! :D

Call their number every time there is a policemen using excessive force--call homeland security!
When a police officers is speeding without his lights on--call homeland security!

You see something that government does that is suspicious--call them in!

phill4paul
10-06-2011, 09:55 AM
We should turn the tables on them! :D

Call their number every time there is a policemen using excessive force--call homeland security!
When a police officers is speeding without his lights on--call homeland security!

You see something that government does that is suspicious--call them in!

Or pick a specific day and time to "Jam" their lines with as many reports of "suspicious" activity as possible. Just a visit to Wall-Mart could produce at least a dozen. :D

fisharmor
10-06-2011, 10:08 AM
Or pick a specific day and time to "Jam" their lines with as many reports of "suspicious" activity as possible. Just a visit to Wall-Mart could produce at least a dozen. :D

"Hello, Homeland Security? There's a guy sitting in a car in the middle of route 123 - his car is on the median. And I can see clearly he has a shotgun in the car, propped up against his seat."

"Hello, I want to report an armed man walking in the middle of the intersection. He hasn't drawn his pistol but he's waving his arms at every car that goes through, and is clearly trying to get some of the cars to stop."

silentshout
10-06-2011, 10:09 AM
Not surprised at all. I write for a local news site, and one of my assignments is the police blotter. People call the cops for the most ridiculous things. Reporting them for a too-loud television, etc. What ever happened to talking to your neighbors? The snitchers are just as bad as the police who abuse their authority IMO.

phill4paul
10-06-2011, 10:18 AM
"Hello, I want to report an armed man walking in the middle of the intersection. He hasn't drawn his pistol but he's waving his arms at every car that goes through, and is clearly trying to get some of the cars to stop."

Lots of cell phone users out there these days. ;) http://activerain.com/blogsview/800483/cell-phone-mistaken-for-a-gun-shuts-down-interstate-20

Brian4Liberty
10-06-2011, 10:20 AM
Another example of the Police taking the word of a caller and over-reacting.

The Free Hornet
10-06-2011, 12:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owqs98NY8O8

Thank You for Not Snitching (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thank_You_for_Not_Snitching)

Krugerrand
10-06-2011, 01:07 PM
"Hello, Homeland Security? There's a guy sitting in a car in the middle of route 123 - his car is on the median. And I can see clearly he has a shotgun in the car, propped up against his seat."

I did that once ... years back. I called and reported a white crown victoria that was riving at excessive speeds and weaving in and out of traffic. I didn't get the licence plate, but it had a big 29 (or whatever it was) painted on the roof.

I wouldn't risk my personal safety to do something like that today.