PDA

View Full Version : Ron 10 points away from 1st place in new poll

Brett85
10-05-2011, 09:30 AM
http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/TheRepublicanRace.pdf

IndianaPolitico
10-05-2011, 09:33 AM
We can easily get 10% more support, if we can win Iowa!

freejack
10-05-2011, 09:34 AM
Votes are so spread out that it's anybody's game. This election is ours for the taking if we play our cards right.

D.A.S.
10-05-2011, 09:40 AM
Did anyone catch that Ron Paul gets 2% of the Tea Party support? lol. This is some messed up tea...

CaptainAmerica
10-05-2011, 09:45 AM
Did anyone catch that Ron Paul gets 2% of the Tea Party support? lol. This is some messed up tea... they are fake. just the same old GOP labeling themselves "tea party" to save face after they nominated McCain and got pwned in 2008.

matt0611
10-05-2011, 09:58 AM
they are fake. just the same old GOP labeling themselves "tea party" to save face after they nominated McCain and got pwned in 2008.

Yup, this.

The so called "tea party" has turned into a sham.
Started out promising though...

sailingaway
10-05-2011, 10:00 AM
http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/TheRepublicanRace.pdf

+rep for a diplomatic thread title....

Cabal
10-05-2011, 10:05 AM
How the hell is RP below 10%?

AggieforPaul
10-05-2011, 10:16 AM
One of the final polls in 08 had McCain in first at 17%, and Paul at 7%. 7% isnt enough. We have to get the word out and double our efforts.

erowe1
10-05-2011, 10:18 AM
Wow. Looks like Republicans who identify with the tea party positively despise Ron Paul.

freejack
10-05-2011, 10:23 AM
Wow. Looks like Republicans who identify with the tea party positively despise Ron Paul.

I would say this above all else is the greatest harm that the media has done. The GOP hijacked the tea party and the media ran away with it, turning it around and using it against Ron. They not only blacked him out. They turned his creation against him.

erowe1
10-05-2011, 10:25 AM
I would say this above all else is the greatest harm that the media has done. The GOP hijacked the tea party and the media ran away with it, turning it around and using it against Ron. They not only blacked him out. They turned his creation against him.

It wasn't his creation. And he was probably esteemed more highly by tea partiers at one time, but they were never quite on his side. They've always been more anti-Obama than pro-anything.

HeyArchie
10-05-2011, 10:25 AM
Up 2%

I wish Newt would drop out.

EDIT:

Which Candidate is Most Likely to Beat Obama?
(Among Republican Primary Voters)
Mitt Romney 32%
Rick Perry 21
Herman Cain 8
Rick Perry? Really? Every poll that pins him against Obama has him losing, often by more than the MOE.

erowe1
10-05-2011, 10:27 AM
I wish Newt would drop out.

I don't see that happening soon. He's been creeping up slowly but surely. If he didn't drop out two months ago, he won't now. I also don't see many of his supporters backing Paul when and if he does drop out.

HeyArchie
10-05-2011, 10:28 AM
I don't see that happening soon. He's been creeping up slowly but surely. If he didn't drop out two months ago, he won't now. I also don't see many of his supporters backing Paul when and if he does drop out.
His ideas on monetary policy are a mimic of what Ron has been saying for years. It's foreign policy where they part. The GOP still has not come around on peace. Blows my mind.

Slutter McGee
10-05-2011, 10:30 AM
Of course the tea-party is a sham. But that doesn't mean we can't still use it. I do think we arent going to get much out of it from this Presidential elction. However, doesn't mean it can't be a great ally in Senate elections.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

erowe1
10-05-2011, 10:34 AM
His ideas on monetary policy are a mimic of what Ron has been saying for years.
This claim strikes me as altogether impossible.

It's foreign policy where they part.
It's everywhere that they part. Newt is the ultimate establishment candidate. He's never been for constitutional government. He was one of the few deciding votes in favor of creating the Dept. of Ed. He's a big environmentalist. He endorsed Paul's primary opponent in 1996.

mello
10-05-2011, 10:35 AM
Is it just me or are these polls meaningless. I've seen polls with Ron in first and polls where he's in the bottom of the barrel. They don't really seem to matter. Placing 1st or 2nd in elections & caucuses are what matters.

HeyArchie
10-05-2011, 10:36 AM

It's everywhere that they part. Newt is the ultimate establishment candidate. He's never been for constitutional government. He was one of the few deciding votes in favor of creating the Dept. of Ed. He's a big environmentalist. He endorsed Paul's primary opponent in 1996.
Forgive me. I'm just going by what Newt says in the debates. I haven't looked into his baggage because I never thought he'd be polling so high at this point.

Off to do some searching.

RileyE104
What's good about this is that Dr. Paul is up from their last poll!

erowe1
I've seen polls with Ron in first and polls where he's in the bottom of the barrel.

I haven't seen either of those. Got any links?

FSP-Rebel
10-05-2011, 10:37 AM
My biggest problem with Newt is that he developed the contract with america only to sabotage it from ever coming to realization. Now, he's got a new contract w/ whatever? Why some people are giving him a 2nd chance to bs them is beyond me.

Captain Shays
10-05-2011, 10:37 AM

And yet the Tea Party started RIGHT HERE in RP Forums!!!!! We NEED to go into EVERY Tea Party forum and make the case for Ron Paul and TAKE IT BACK

erowe1
10-05-2011, 10:38 AM
Forgive me. I'm just going by what Newt says in the debates. I haven't looked into his baggage because I never thought he'd be polling so high at this point.

Off to do some searching.

I haven't watched the debates. Did Newt say he wanted to abolish the Federal Reserve?

erowe1
10-05-2011, 10:39 AM
And yet the Tea Party started RIGHT HERE in RP Forums!!!!! We NEED to go into EVERY Tea Party forum and make the case for Ron Paul and TAKE IT BACK

It's not the same tea party. It never really was. I don't think tea partiers would hate Paul so much if his supporters didn't keep insisting he started the tea party.

HeyArchie
10-05-2011, 10:41 AM
I haven't watched the debates. Did Newt say he wanted to abolish the Federal Reserve?
"Audit and reform"

erowe1
10-05-2011, 10:44 AM
"Audit and reform"

But unless he gets specific, those words don't connote anything different than what any other candidate's position is.

Brett85
10-05-2011, 11:00 AM
This poll had Ron at 5% last time, so he's at least gone up 2% since then. He usually does pretty bad in these liberal polls, so this is actually a good sign.

Captain Shays
10-05-2011, 11:00 AM
It's not the same tea party. It never really was. I don't think tea partiers would hate Paul so much if his supporters didn't keep insisting he started the tea party.

I disagree. I think they don't like Ron Paul because they have been hijacked by the new style conservative (neo conservatives) and don't understand/know about the old style conservatives. Therefore they disagree with his foreign policy and agree with the new conservatives who agree with the progressive Democrats. They think that if we don't police the world and stick our noses in the business of every country on the planet then we are "isolationists" and they know nothing about the difference between non interventionism and isolationism. Since they have been hijacked by the new conservatives they also don't give a crap about the Federal Reserve controlling this country's money supply. They also like to use the government to control the behavior of other free people whether through drug laws, or restrictions and regulations

Captain Shays
10-05-2011, 11:01 AM
Somebody give me a suitable password for this poll. No matter what password I use it rejects it. Thanks

Brett85
10-05-2011, 11:03 AM

It's everywhere that they part. Newt is the ultimate establishment candidate. He's never been for constitutional government. He was one of the few deciding votes in favor of creating the Dept. of Ed.

I thought Jimmy Carter created the Department of Education? I'm pretty sure Newt wasn't around back then. He may have voted against abolishing the department.

TheTexan
10-05-2011, 11:05 AM
Votes are so spread out that it's anybody's game. This election is ours for the taking if we play our cards right.

Hopefully all of the candidates stay in the race for as long as possible. It's bad for the debates.. but good for the elections.

Let's see.. in this poll #1 is 17%, Paul's at 7%... 17/7 =2.42. Do you think Paul supporters are 250% more likely to turn out to the polls than Perromneyich supporters? If so, we're already winning :)

erowe1
10-05-2011, 11:05 AM
I think they don't like Ron Paul because they have been hijacked by the new style conservative (neo conservatives) and don't understand/know about the old style conservatives.

I agree. But that's what the current tea party movement has been since its beginning. It was never a continuous outgrowth of Ron Paul's 2008 campaign. There used to be more overlap with Ron Paul than there is now. But I've seen tea partiers get pretty annoyed about Paul supporters claiming to have started it. I think it turns them off more than anything.

erowe1
10-05-2011, 11:07 AM
I thought Jimmy Carter created the Department of Education? I'm pretty sure Newt wasn't around back then.

He was in Congress then, elected in '78. And he was one of the few Republican votes for it, with the margin of victory being less than their votes.

Karsten
10-05-2011, 11:29 AM
2% from the tea party.