PDA

View Full Version : Video: Bill O'Reilly is Ron Paul Hurting Libertarians? With John Stossel

tradgedyandhope
10-05-2011, 01:38 AM
(Aired October 3rd 2011) In this Interview John Stossel does very well sticking up for Ron Paul up against Bill O'Reilly extremely arrogant remarks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGTC-GLrF50

Bordillo
10-05-2011, 02:00 AM
meh nothing new from Oreilly's platform

Israel can do no wrong, all brown people are evil and must die

However if you asked Ron Paul "do you want Iran to get nukes" I would think he would say no.

kah13176
10-05-2011, 02:11 AM
Stossel...I love you, but that was weak. Maybe it's just the difficulty of debating with O'Reilly, but come on. These should be the points:

1. Is it plausible for a country who can't even refine their own oil to get nukes?
2. Ideally, Iran should NOT have nukes, but if they somehow get one, what's the ideal course of action?
3. Do we truly explore and exhaust all non-military solutions to the problem? Do our embassadors in the region even speak the languages or know a shit about cultures? I'd bet a lot of money that they don't.
4. If Iran acquired a nuke even after all non-military options failed, do the benefits of intervention exceed the negatives? There are economic consequences. What about other countries who will see us as an aggressor: will this inspire anti-American sentiment there, leading to domino effects of hate? What the hell is victory then? Would this war be any different from Vietnam?

fatjohn
10-05-2011, 02:52 AM
Why does nobody raise the issue of North Korea when talking about Iran, Has North Korea used their bomb yet. Last I checked they didn't. You can draw the equivalency between Iran and NK.

Don Lapre
10-05-2011, 03:44 AM
Just another case of FAUX NEWS doing it's best to try to diminish Ron Paul.

It's also quite comical to see FAUX (and other outlets) going crazy over Herman Cain breaking into the 'top tier' of the Repugnicant field - after spending weeks doing all it could to IGNORE Ron Paul when he was 3rd.

lol

Whatever...

Revolution9
10-05-2011, 05:18 AM
Just another case of FAUX NEWS doing it's best to try to diminish Ron Paul.

It's also quite comical to see FAUX (and other outlets) going crazy over Herman Cain breaking into the 'top tier' of the Repugnicant field - after spending weeks doing all it could to IGNORE Ron Paul when he was 3rd.

lol

Whatever...

WTF? I read somewhere else that a Don Lapre was found dead in his jail cell. It doesn't seem like that common of a name to run into twice in two days.

On Stossel. Typical milquetoast. Seems like another of these guys that spouts a few libertarian points and gets a gaggle of followers but when it comes to staunchly defnding said platform he nuts up hard..smells like a proxy shill to me.

Rev9

tradgedyandhope
10-05-2011, 05:44 AM
Stossel...I love you, but that was weak. Maybe it's just the difficulty of debating with O'Reilly, but come on. These should be the points:

1. Is it plausible for a country who can't even refine their own oil to get nukes?
2. Ideally, Iran should NOT have nukes, but if they somehow get one, what's the ideal course of action?
3. Do we truly explore and exhaust all non-military solutions to the problem? Do our embassadors in the region even speak the languages or know a shit about cultures? I'd bet a lot of money that they don't.
4. If Iran acquired a nuke even after all non-military options failed, do the benefits of intervention exceed the negatives? There are economic consequences. What about other countries who will see us as an aggressor: will this inspire anti-American sentiment there, leading to domino effects of hate? What the hell is victory then? Would this war be any different from Vietnam?

Some very good points!

Wolverine302
10-05-2011, 08:21 AM
Weak sauce by Stossel, A for effort.

The executive branch cannot be judge, jury and executioner. You cannot deny an American his 5th amendment -- you cannot deprive life without due process.

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.
Article III, sec. 3. you have to be convicted of treason first O'Reilly you pin head.

KCIndy
10-05-2011, 08:39 AM
Why does nobody raise the issue of North Korea when talking about Iran, Has North Korea used their bomb yet. Last I checked they didn't. You can draw the equivalency between Iran and NK.

You took the words right out of my mouth, fatjohn. This is always a great point.

KAYA
10-05-2011, 09:29 AM
I thought Stossel did really well. I loved how when Bill asked him something to the effect of if the libertarians had some kind of card they carried proving they were libertarians are some other kind of "little thing" and Stossel said "Well, I do have a little thing" and whipped out his pocket Constitution/Declaration of Independence. That was perfect!

wannaberocker
10-05-2011, 10:23 AM
"im a libertarian give my blood to ron paul when i die" lol Come on even i had to laugh at that line, it was funny.

But bottom line is that Bill just dosnt understand, so he mocks. He is the same way with economics, dosnt understand so he keeps claiming bailouts saved america.