PDA

View Full Version : Read my lips Herman Cain. No new sales tax!

johnwk
10-04-2011, 09:28 PM
I am quite confident if you want someone to save the country, that person would not be one who proposes to put another tax on the menu for Congress to fatten itself with, a nine percent national sales tax, in addition to taxing corporate profits and the wages working people earn. Our founding fathers would never have tolerated the gouging of America’s businesses and working people in such an extraordinary manner to fund the expenses of Congress. Indeed, those familiar with our Constitution’s original tax plan, will testify to this fact.

And in reference to a “national sales tax” which I might add defies our Constitution’s rule of apportionment, and goes as far as taxing every necessity of life a working person buys, it is only self evident that such a tax is the darling of depots and political schemers who dream of a tax which may constantly be increased in such small increments, say a quarter of a percent at a time and would avoid significant outcry, that the proverbial frog will eventually be cooked before attempting its escape.

And yet, that quarter of a percent will cleverly drain billions upon billions of dollars from the American People’s pockets, which will then be used to grow the beast which our founding fathers intended to be the people’s servant and not their master.

There is but one tax reform needed to control the beast in Washington and that is to add the following 32 words to our Constitution, which would bring us back to our Constitution’s original tax plan that paved the way for a free market system to work, and helped America to become the economic marvel of the world, when it was followed!

The Sixteenth Amendment is hereby repealed and Congress is henceforth forbidden to lay ``any`` tax or burden calculated from profits, gains, interest, salaries, wages, tips, inheritances or any other lawfully realized money

JWK

“…..with all these blessings, what more is necessary to make us a happy and a prosperous people? Still one thing more, fellow-citizens—a wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government, and this is necessary to close the circle of our felicities“. Thomas Jefferson, First Inaugural Address

johnwk
10-05-2011, 06:49 AM
I wonder why Michelle Bachmann has not reprimanded Herman Cain for his proposed national sales tax, on top of income taxes and taxes on working people's earned wages.

JWK

Read my lips Herman Cain: No new sales tax!

libertybrewcity
10-05-2011, 09:07 AM
I think a VAT would be better, but we first need to eliminate the income tax the massive list of all other taxes first. If we have this 999 crap it just gives libs more chances to raise it. I can see it now, the libs saying "well it's ONLY a 1% increase, just one more percent, just one more..." and pretty soon you have a VAT of 20% AND an income tax.

oyarde
10-05-2011, 10:28 AM
I want to see the math on the 9.99 pizza plan .

johnwk
10-05-2011, 11:53 AM
I think a VAT would be better, but we first need to eliminate the income tax the massive list of all other taxes first. If we have this 999 crap it just gives libs more chances to raise it. I can see it now, the libs saying "well it's ONLY a 1% increase, just one more percent, just one more..." and pretty soon you have a VAT of 20% AND an income tax.

And what is wrong with a return to our Constitution’s ORIGINAL TAX PLAN (http://townshipnews.org/?p=1360), which could be accomplished by adding the following 32 words to our Constitution?

The Sixteenth Amendment is hereby repealed and Congress is henceforth forbidden to lay ``any`` tax or burden calculated from profits, gains, interest, salaries, wages, tips, inheritances or any other lawfully realized money

JWK

Read my lips Herman Cain: No new sales tax

Deborah K
10-05-2011, 12:03 PM
In my state, sales tax is 9.25% and that doesn't include cities that tack on even more. So what does this national tax mean? Will it be in addition to the state tax? Yy...eahhh...that's gonna go over like a lead balloon.

Deborah K
10-05-2011, 12:54 PM
And what is wrong with a return to our Constitution’s ORIGINAL TAX PLAN (http://townshipnews.org/?p=1360), which could be accomplished by adding the following 32 words to our Constitution?

JWK

Read my lips Herman Cain: No new sales tax

The Supreme Court in the Brushaber case (and other Supreme Court cases), explicitly ruled that the Sixteenth Amendment did not grant any power of taxation it did not previously enjoy.

The IRS has managed to bamboozle the American people into believing that the Sixteenth Amendment repealed the restriction on direct taxes (capitation) in Article I of the Constitution, notwithstanding the explicit ruling of the Supreme Court in Brushaber. In fact the IRS acknowledges that the manner in which they are enforcing the income tax constitutes a direct tax, as if the Brushaber ruling never happened. Yet they cannot point to a law which requires the payment of the income tax or the filing of an income tax return.

kahless
10-05-2011, 01:40 PM
Before Herman Cain's 999 plan he testified before Congress to promote a 23% national sales tax. If he becomes President you can guarantee his current 9% plan will make it's way to his original 23% plan.

kahless
10-05-2011, 04:02 PM
I wonder why Michelle Bachmann has not reprimanded Herman Cain for his proposed national sales tax, on top of income taxes and taxes on working people's earned wages.

JWK

Read my lips Herman Cain: No new sales tax!

A few reasons come to mind

1. If she criticizes Cain the press will claim she is racist. Cain is getting a free pass because of this fear. Any other candidate that defends the fed and floated at 23% sales tax or his current 9% sales tax plan would have been laughed out of the race already.

2. She may have some interest in a VP spot on the Cain ticket.