PDA

View Full Version : If we could only get Colin Powell to endorse Ron Paul since he has the same message

angrydragon
06-14-2007, 12:22 PM
Now the polls can be debated...but...

Rudy is losing some, but still first, coming up second is Fred. When asked
Who Would "Consider Voting" for Different Republicans?
Again Rudy comes up first, but Colin Powell comes up second with 45%.

Colin Powell has the same message as Ron Paul does, just that Paul doesn't have the same visibility among the public that Powell has.

http://www.digg.com/politics/Video_Colin_Powell_Close_Guantanamo_Now_Restore_Ha beas

These are just some of the results of the latest Harris Poll of 3,304
U.S. adults, including 843 adults who expect to vote in a Republican
primary or caucus, conducted online by Harris Interactive(R) between June 1
and 10, 2007.
http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/06-14-2007/0004608105&EDATE=

hambone1982
06-14-2007, 12:36 PM
Isn't Colin Powell a member of the Neo-Con think tank - Council on Foreign Relations? Didn't this think tank basically come up with the Iraq War plan (not the battle-plan itself, but the plan to attack Iraq as a part of our Foreign Policy).

I haven't heard if Colin Powell has ever renounced his membership to the CFR.

LibertyBelle
06-14-2007, 12:39 PM
Colin Powell is a member of the CFR. He is playing the 'good cop' of the good cop/bad cop scenario, and is only pretending to be against the wars and world policing. There is a play going on.....and some really good actors.

X_805
06-14-2007, 12:42 PM
Colin Powell is a member of the CFR. He is playing the 'good cop' of the good cop/bad cop scenario, and is only pretending to be against the wars and world policing. There is a play going on.....and some really good actors.

Maybe there are some members of the CFR who are opposed to some of their goals.

angrydragon
06-14-2007, 12:45 PM
I guess the MSM zombies still respect Powell.

beermotor
06-14-2007, 01:07 PM
Powell lied to the American public to start up the Iraq war, whether knowingly or not he's never renounced that fact. That makes him the enemy.

angrydragon
06-14-2007, 01:08 PM
Oh he knew he was lying and the evidence he had was fake.

Bob Cochran
06-14-2007, 01:49 PM
Colin Powell comes from a culture that most people who haven't seen it cannot relate to -- that of a career Army officer who rose to the highest levels of that profession.

It has its own set of norms, customs, procedures, ethics...and then when one of those people finds himself in the company of people like Dubya, Cheney, and Bush [CORRECTION: Rumsfeld] ...:eek: ...I can only begin to imagine what Colin Powell must really think, though I suppose if one read enough and asked around enough, one could find out...short of getting the guy drunk and picking his brain...

I believe Colin Powell is a good man who got in with the wrong crowd and went too far with them. One reason I give him a bit of a break is because his sense of duty would be quite enlarged compared to most people, because of the values that got baked into him in his military career. I think some of his mistakes were made due to his sense of duty.

But he's a big boy and his mistakes are his mistakes.

Richandler
06-14-2007, 02:20 PM
If he didn't follow orders and then resign, he would have been negatively labeled by the administration to the point of destroying any possible future career.

mikelovesgod
06-14-2007, 02:35 PM
Powell, in his defense (although I'm not a big fan), was AGAINST regime change and only in favor of an armed strike. He even said to Bush that he had no idea what he was up against if he did a regime change and it would last up to 5 years.

Gee
06-14-2007, 03:10 PM
Powell lied to the American public to start up the Iraq war, whether knowingly or not he's never renounced that fact. That makes him the enemy.
Yeah, he's renounced it. The Powll doctrine is pretty non-interventionalist, and sadly weren't at all followed with Iraq:

1. Is a vital national security interest threatened?
2. Do we have a clear attainable objective?
3. Have the risks and costs been fully and frankly analyzed?
4. Have all other non-violent policy means been fully exhausted?
5. Is there a plausible exit strategy to avoid endless entanglement?
6. Have the consequences of our action been fully considered?
7. Is the action supported by the American people?
8. Do we have genuine broad international support?

Blowback
06-14-2007, 04:10 PM
He said in an interview that the information he recieved and gave to the UN was in some cases "purposely misleading".

I think that statement is a big deal and I am not surprised that the MSM didn't pick it up because it opens a pandora's box full of questions.

The number one question of course is who had and executed the purpose.

I think overall he is a good guy and has just been suckered into all of this BS. However, that in no way excuses him of the consequences.

To endorse Ron Paul would be a good start for him coming back to God.

ARealConservative
06-14-2007, 04:17 PM
Powell is wanting us to step up our interventions in Darfur now.

I don't think he and Paul are that close in idealogy. They agree on Iraq - now.

Chris Sinnard
06-14-2007, 04:19 PM
Is not to lie to knowingly deceive? I feel kind of dirty saying that, like O'Reilly or something, I think I need to take a shower....

winston84
06-14-2007, 06:59 PM
Colin Powell didn't stand up for what was right and helped in swindling the American public, I would not want that sort of endorsement.

axiomata
06-14-2007, 07:04 PM
Powell would be a good choice as a running mate.

WhiteWhaleHolyGrail
06-14-2007, 07:24 PM
An endorsement from Colin Powell would be invaluable. I think he is commonly regarded highly and as a man of integrity.

However, I don't think he would endorse Ron Paul. Last week I attended a seminar where Colin Powell was a speaker. Overall his speech was excellent. However, I cringed at one point when he described the regime change of Saddam as a great accomplishment - and got a big applause.

Hawaii Libertarian
06-14-2007, 07:42 PM
First and foremost, his support of the agenda of the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is probably a violation of his oath of office as a military officer as far as I'm concerned.

He is certainly a compelling speaker and a charismatic leader, but he is dangerous. He may say the right words that some of us like to hear, but make no mistake, he's playing the "white hat" while carrying forth the agenda of the internationalists, interventionists, and the New World Order.

If he endorsed Dr. Paul, I would strongly question my support of Dr. Paul unless Powell resigned from the CFR and renounced all of the work he has done on the behalf of the New World Order.

http://www.cfr.org/bios/2045/colin_l_powell.html

WhiteWhaleHolyGrail
06-14-2007, 08:27 PM
I have no doubt that Dr. Paul will remain true to his beliefs. Any support from well known highly regarded folks is fine by me.

Revolution9
06-14-2007, 10:01 PM
Colin Powell was an officer at the Mai Li massacre. I may even suggest that this bit of ruthlessnes was why he was promoted through the ranks. It may never have been found out about had not a truly courageous American Helicopter pilot opened fire on his own men to stop the massacre.

Bottom line.. We do not need any murderers in positions of leadership as Amercia heals her family fight with the world. Colin Powell is a schmuck and a sellout. A baby doctor and a child killer should not stand together on the same platform.

Best Regards
Randy

angelatc
06-14-2007, 11:52 PM
I was just reading up on it. Moot point, because it appears that Colin Powell has a habit of covering things up, and that's good enough for me, but Wikipedia doesn't say he was at Mai Li, but implies that he was complicit in covering it up.

CAKochenash
06-28-2007, 05:34 PM

word.

jd603
06-28-2007, 05:45 PM
Bingo, and i'm hoping more and more people realize this... both hillary and obama voted to advance the immigration bill and thus move forward with a globalist agenda. They are also CFR, it's looking really scary right now...

Fred Thompson, also CFR, you just cannot escape!

LibertyEagle
06-28-2007, 05:49 PM
No, and a whole bunch of blank Republicans on the biggest Republican site on the web, TownHall, are paying homage to Thompson. It's enough to make one physically ill. Fred is putting out an article EVERY DAY or two now. If any of you would like to lend a hand, it would be great.

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/

They call themselves a "conservative" web site, but it's really a neocon gathering, with the exception of Stossel, Williams, sometimes Sowell and Buchanan.

surf
06-28-2007, 05:51 PM
imply that General Powell endorses Ron Paul's policies. That would be great.

many people here, it seems, have experienced a recent "Paul enlightenment," some dramatically changing previously held views. And for others there seems to be a sense of atonement ("reformed neocons" in particular).

Perhaps General Powell will seek the same:)

beermotor
06-28-2007, 06:06 PM

Shameless bumping myself!
:eek: