PDA

View Full Version : What's the best approach with local media?

Matthew5
10-04-2011, 02:06 PM
Ok, so the editor of our local newspaper wrote an op-ed endorsing Cain. I was going to talk to him about it next time I saw him, but after reading today's paper, I might need a strategic approach.

An anonymous article listing in bullet point why Herman Cain is qualified to be president was published next to his editorial. And he's been running pro-Cain articles in the national news section. We're a one main street town, so there's not alot of room for other news outlets.

How should I address the issue? We're on fairly good terms and he's published a few pieces of mine before. So I want to make sure the relationship is intact.

Should I address each point about Cain? Or show Ron Paul as better alternative first?

Maximus
10-04-2011, 02:35 PM
Have you checked out Tom Woods' articles on Cain recently?

Matthew5
10-04-2011, 02:45 PM
Have you checked out Tom Woods' articles on Cain recently?

I have, it's a good piece. I'll add it to my "address Cain first" column. :)

McDermit
10-04-2011, 04:18 PM
Don't make it personal. You can address Cain's weaknesses, but don't make the editor feel like he is being attacked for supporting Cain. That will only hurt you in the long run.

Get Ron Paul's name in the paper in a positive light as soon as possible. Write letters to the editor if you want, but more importantly, invite the press to your local events and use the paper to advertise your events before they happen! Plan something big with your meetup... and then invite the media far enough in advance that they can plan to cover it. Be prepared to be interviewed... dress appropriately, say nothing negative, no trashing other candidates, just spread positive messages about Ron Paul and why he is the only choice for you.