bluesc
10-04-2011, 12:45 PM
"Don't know" is gaining momentum!

ZanZibar
10-04-2011, 12:50 PM
No way Cain is that high.

Original_Intent
10-04-2011, 12:50 PM
Not sure I feel comfortable calling someone done that, based on that poll, is still at more than double our levels of support.

Seems like those numbers are suspiciously low for Paul - how legit is this poll?

kah13176
10-04-2011, 12:51 PM
Not sure I feel comfortable calling someone done that, based on that poll, is still at more than double our levels of support.

Seems like those numbers are suspiciously low for Paul - how legit is this poll?

It's included in the RCP average, which is now at 6.8

Voluntary Man
10-04-2011, 12:52 PM
Romney 22%
DK/NA 18%
Cain 17%
Perry 14%
Palin 9%
Gingrich 8%
Paul 6%
Bachmann 3%
Santorum 3%
Huntsman 1%

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x1295.xml?ReleaseID=1655

why is palin on this poll, but not Johnson? she's the only undeclared "candidate," in this poll.

btw, all those undeclared voters should be Ron Paul voters.

zHorns
10-04-2011, 12:53 PM
Romney 22%
DK/NA 18%
Cain 17%
Perry 14%
Palin 9%
Gingrich 8%
Paul 6%
Bachmann 3%
Santorum 3%
Huntsman 1%

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x1295.xml?ReleaseID=1655

I refuse to even entertain polls that include undeclared candidates.

sailingaway
10-04-2011, 12:54 PM
It's included in the RCP average, which is now at 6.8

so is the one of the WaPO polls that has both Gingrich and Ron at 9% instead of the more widely cited one that has Ron at 11% and Gingrich at 7%. Seems like they are pushing Gingrich.

Cain and Gingrich are going no where, I suspect they are placeholders which can be easily removed, whereas once you go Paul, you are gone.

John F Kennedy III
10-04-2011, 12:54 PM
No way Cain is that high.

And no way is Paul is that low.

Iseek_knowledge
10-04-2011, 12:55 PM
Top Tier GOP front runner DK/NA !

Agorism
10-04-2011, 01:07 PM
PRESIDENT – NATIONAL – GOP PRIMARY (ABC/WaPo)
Mitt Romney 22%
Rick Perry 15%
Herman Cain 14%
Chris Christie 11%
Ron Paul 11%
Newt Gingrich 7%
Michele Bachmann 6%
Rick Santorum 1%
Jon Huntsman 2%

Anyone have there last poll for comparison? They all of diff methods so sometimes I just look at comparison of movement rather than the actual numbers.

ZanZibar
10-04-2011, 01:16 PM
And no way is Paul is that low.Nationally, maybe, but locally in the target states Ron is WAY higher than that.

trey4sports
10-04-2011, 01:24 PM
I could see some mindless GOP drone seeing this poll, and saying something like "hmm, never heard of this DK/NA fellow before, but i guess i'll have to vote for him now." Reminds me of this time I worked at a sub shop and this chick was reading the menu and she began to glance at the choices for the type of cheese she could put on her sandwich and asked me.... what is the "none" (pronounced nun-yay) cheese like?....

trey4sports
10-04-2011, 01:25 PM
Nationally, maybe, but locally in the target states Ron is WAY higher than that.

i'm still maintaining that Iowa and NH are going to be our springboard. We will live or die by those states.

Secondly, has the ad blitz begun in those key states yet?

ZanZibar
10-04-2011, 01:41 PM
i'm still maintaining that Iowa and NH are going to be our springboard. We will live or die by those states.

Secondly, has the ad blitz begun in those key states yet?More than just an ad blitz

JoshLowry
10-04-2011, 01:43 PM
More than just an ad blitz

It also has a hint of ghemminger to it?

matt0611
10-04-2011, 01:45 PM
lol @ palin being on this poll.

Its October now, we can stop putting her on these damn polls.

Esoteric
10-04-2011, 02:25 PM
It's not so much Ron's numbers that are deflating.. It's the fact that a guy like Cain can get bumped to 17% by winning a straw poll and pimped by the media.

Liberty74
10-04-2011, 02:45 PM
lol @ palin being on this poll.

Its October now, we can stop putting her on these damn polls.

I don't think Palin should be listed in these polls much less anyone else not declared running like now Christie. However, Palin has not technically said "No" to running so I would not count her out just yet. She is definitely up to something...

erowe1
10-04-2011, 02:52 PM
If this poll proves that Perry is done, what does it prove about Paul?

pauliticalfan
10-04-2011, 02:54 PM
Check out the new PPP state polls. Cain is now comfortably leading in West Virginia, Nesbraska, and North Carolina. Gingrich is in second.

We need to reassess our strategy.

bluesc
10-04-2011, 03:00 PM
Check out the new PPP state polls. Cain is now comfortably leading in West Virginia, Nesbraska, and North Carolina. Gingrich is in second.

We need to reassess our strategy.

Our strategy has nothing to do with national polls or any of those states. The primary strategy is to win Iowa and have a strong 2nd in NH. Some people would settle for 2nd in Iowa, but I don't think it's possible to win the nomination without a win there.

RonPaul101.com
10-04-2011, 03:02 PM
Our strategy has nothing to do with national polls or any of those states. The primary strategy is to win Iowa and have a strong 2nd in NH. Some people would settle for 2nd in Iowa, but I don't think it's possible to win the nomination without a win there.

I would agree, Iowa should be seen as important as the entire county right now. Without winning Iowa, it would take a huge comeback to win the nomination, IMHO. We have to win and win early.

pauliticalfan
10-04-2011, 03:06 PM
Yes, winning Iowa is a must. But it's only logical to assume that Cain has risen in Iowa as well, which could affect our standing there.

bluesc
10-04-2011, 03:13 PM
Yes, winning Iowa is a must. But it's only logical to assume that Cain has risen in Iowa as well, which could affect our standing there.

If he has risen, he has taken from Perry, who took from Bachmann, and so on. These people aren't serious candidates. If anything, Cain helps us in Iowa, as he splits the vote even further.

Liberty74
10-04-2011, 03:15 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't think Iowa must be WON? Many candidates lost Iowa but won the nomination - Reagan in '80, Bush in '88, and McCain in '08.

Coming in second in Iowa would really prove that RP is a contender especially if then coming in first or second in New Hampshire. The corporate media whores would have to recognize. That attention could help spread RP's support further into the states that follow as others drop out.

Epic
10-04-2011, 03:17 PM
I'm pretty sure that Ron must win Iowa, and maybe New Hampshire too.

This is because he doesn't do that well in South Carolina and Florida. That's neocon territory.

Icymudpuppy
10-04-2011, 03:22 PM
I could see some mindless GOP drone seeing this poll, and saying something like "hmm, never heard of this DK/NA fellow before, but i guess i'll have to vote for him now." Reminds me of this time I worked at a sub shop and this chick was reading the menu and she began to glance at the choices for the type of cheese she could put on her sandwich and asked me.... what the "none" (pronounced nun-yay) cheese was like....

I know a lot of people like that.

bluesc
10-04-2011, 03:23 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't think Iowa must be WON? Many candidates lost Iowa but won the nomination - Reagan in '80, Bush in '88, and McCain in '08.

Coming in second in Iowa would really prove that RP is a contender especially if then coming in first or second in New Hampshire. The corporate media whores would have to recognize. That attention could help spread RP's support further into the states that follow as others drop out.

McCain didn't need to win Iowa because he had the media on his side. Same with Bush.

Ron clearly has the media against him, they refuse to even recognize him. The only way to send a clear message that he can win is by winning Iowa. I don't think he is going to win NH, or SC, or Florida. He NEEDS a win, otherwise he will fade into obscurity with constant 2nd places, or worse.

PastaRocket848
10-04-2011, 03:33 PM
things are getting ugly. these numbers need to make a serious turnaround or we're headed nowhere.

seriously it seems like for a minute there around the iowa straw poll we had some momentum but now it's just gone. our support has stagnated or even decreased in every poll since the last round of debates.

if something doesn't change, we're headed for a repeat of '08. i know it's tough to hear and i hate saying it, but it's true.

trey4sports
10-04-2011, 04:13 PM
More than just an ad blitz

you didn't answer the question though.

harikaried
10-04-2011, 04:22 PM
Our strategy has nothing to do with national polls or any of those states. The primary strategy is to win Iowa and have a strong 2nd in NH.But it seems like most forum people don't like this strategy. Otherwise there would be a lot more activity on the Phone from Home thread that specifically targets New Hampshire voters:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?317029-Ron-Paul-Phone-from-Home-Program

klamath
10-04-2011, 04:26 PM
If Perry is done then RP is beyond done and burnt by this poll.

Liberty74
10-04-2011, 04:37 PM
if something doesn't change, we're headed for a repeat of '08. i know it's tough to hear and i hate saying it, but it's true.

I still think there is plenty of time as we have 3 full months until next year. RP needs to start doing policy speeches on many issues that Americans support - 1) ending wars, bringing home the troops, and protecting our borders 2) people want smaller government 3) sound money and how that will help the middle class 4) JOBS JOBS JOBS...

There has never been a better time for a RP to become President. He has been at the forefront and has accurately predicted our country's crisis that we are in.

Peace&Freedom
10-04-2011, 04:38 PM
The poll shows that the MSM's "cover anybody but Paul" stall-until-Iowa strategy is working, as it did in 2007-8. As long as they put their thumb on the scale and 13th floor Paul until the primary voting starts, they can strangle his momentum now, then say later during the primaries that "we're only covering the winners." The main monkey wrench in their plan is the collapse of Bachmann's campaign, the pending collapse of Perry's, which gives them no real "frontrunner" to talk up other than Romney, in order to avoid talking about Paul. Things should get really frayed by November or December, with Perry in free fall, Cain in eclipse, and no other big shot jumping in the race.

Birdlady
10-04-2011, 04:56 PM
This poll does not show anything good...except that many people don't know who they want to vote for yet. Problem is how do we reach these people? Who are they? What are their issues? etc

What concerns me is how some of you can look at this when we have 6% and Perry has 14% but he is finished and we are not? What? I know the rose-colored glasses are fun, but we need to be realistic and honest with ourselves.

Cain probably is that high. The one day I went to the doctors and people were spontaneously bringing him up in conversation... It was really creepy and all because of the media.

trey4sports
10-04-2011, 06:56 PM
you didn't answer the question though.

bump for answer.

Billay
10-04-2011, 06:58 PM
If Perry is done what is Ron Paul? His numbers double ours.

GeorgiaAvenger
10-04-2011, 06:58 PM
You mean third

rockstar135
10-04-2011, 07:01 PM
I hate when polls have undeclared candidates in the mix. They might as well have thrown Puff the Magic Dragon in there.