PDA

View Full Version : California Gun Owner Fed up With System Kills Himself

AuH20
10-04-2011, 12:08 PM
So tragic.

http://www.mountain-news.com/news/article_a5e490da-eaab-11e0-bedb-001cc4c002e0.html

Here is his suicide letter:

Randy Rusciolelli
Journey Man Plumbing

An open letter to the Mountain Communities

I was a collector of fine firearms both military and commercial. The actual value of the firearms and ammo taken from me was $283,000.00. The terrorist threat charge was made against me by a girl I broke up with over 4 months ago. She had called at all hours of the day and night and the Sheriff’s have the evidence in both our phone records. I called for help over 3 different months to no avail. Recently she broke into my house through a dog door and changed my email password and stole several items of mine. I never threatened her life and had only called her 2 times in the last 3-4 months. To her ever increasing attacks on me, all I can say to the Sheriff’s is “Total shame on you”.

When I was arrested, they had already possessed both our phone records and recordings of my alleged threats and no corroborating witnesses. The explosive charges against me are for possessing more than 1 pound of sporting (Goex) black powder, possessing military tracer rounds illegal in California, but legal in Arizona, Nevada and other states, and for a destructive device that is a $250.00 black powder golf ball commercially manufactured and clearly stamped for “Black Powder Only” with a fuse hole in the base.

I possess only 1 California Assault weapons license that was issued to me in 1990. Notice that the enclosed license is marked temporary as no permanent one was ever issued. I can only fire one rifle at a time but regardless, they discovered an additional 5 banned rifles without permits.

In 47 years, I have absolutely no criminal or civil record. My bail was set at half a million dollars and most likely will be raised to 1.5 million in my next court appearance. I am not a survivalist, paramilitarist, nor a right or left-winger. I am an American citizen who loves to go into the desert to shoot rifles, pistols and shot guns. I wished I could have had a 155mm Howister canon too, but I did not. My guns have never killed any living thing, and in my 31 years of target shooting, no harm has ever been inflicted upon any beings.

I read the articles about my arrest, and I am astounded by the fact that these officers lied about how they even came to arrest me. Please re-read the articles again.

I found out this 47 year old girlfriend has a history of attacking and suing her last 3 boyfriends. This is a fact that I have found out too late. The police have recording of her on tape admitting to have broken into my house. During the breach, she managed to open my computer and proceeded to change my email, passwords and other devious things.

I have owned my house on Firwood drive in Running Springs for 20 years, and in one day I lost my house, closed my business and had every item taken from me of significant value that I had collected over the span of my lifetime. I spent 6 days in jail and after posting bail of $500,000.00, I got out and spent time with my parents, family, and my dog. Within days of this, I had to go back to court and the judge immediately issued a criminal restraining order against me. “Amazing”!

I cannot let my freedom be placed in control by our present justice system. I have consulted with many top lawyers, and all advised me that 10 years ago, this search warrant would have been illegal; not anymore.

We Americans are losing too many of our rights under the guides of terrorism laws. The bottom line is that the above stated violations will result in a 6 year stay in state prison with the lowest end being a 1 year term with felony conviction. I apologize to all that know me, but I cannot handle that I am now penniless, homeless and about to lose my freedom over my zealous collecting. Thank you for all the times we had. It is better to die a free and armed man than a broke, imprisoned and un-armed one.

Anti Federalist
10-04-2011, 12:15 PM
Should have first gone and....

Nope, ain't gonna say it.

It's actually a surprise to me that this doesn't happen a hundred times a day, people at the end of their rope, driven to suicidal madness by a system out of control and the endless alphabet soup enforcers.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.
He has kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies without the Consent of our legislatures.

AuH20
10-04-2011, 12:17 PM

Nope, ain't gonna say it.

It's actually a surprise to me that this doesn't happen a hundred times a day, people at the end of their rope, driven to suicidal madness by a system out of control and the endless alphabet soup enforcers.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.
He has kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies without the Consent of our legislatures.

Yea, thinking the same thing. He should have taken a page from Gerard Butler.

Anti Federalist
10-04-2011, 12:19 PM
Yea, thinking the same thing. He should have taken a page from Gerard Butler.

Carl Drega...

Deborah K
10-04-2011, 12:21 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/scxvep.jpg

Anti Federalist
10-04-2011, 12:28 PM
This citizen, who had harmed no one, had no criminal record, and was a productive member of society, is now dead and gone, ruined personally and financially before taking his own life.

Meanwhile, the government continues to run drugs and sell automatic weapons to the drug cartels, that end up killing border patrol agents.

AuH20
10-04-2011, 12:31 PM
This citizen, who had harmed no one, had no criminal record, and was a productive member of society, is now dead and gone, ruined personally and financially before taking his own life.

Meanwhile, the government continues to run drugs and sell automatic weapons to the drug cartels, that end up killing border patrol agents.

Meanwhile, no one directly involved in the economic crisis has seen a day of jailtime.

Anti Federalist
10-04-2011, 12:33 PM
Meanwhile, no one directly involved in the economic crisis has seen a day of jailtime.

Jail?

They got promoted, or got cushy jobs in the system.

Same thing for everybody in the chain of command on 9/11.

Deborah K
10-04-2011, 12:35 PM

He is the epitome of a growing sentiment in this state! It angers me like nothing else does.

phill4paul
10-04-2011, 12:40 PM
Don't agree with his actions but understand his reasoning. F*ck!

Pericles
10-04-2011, 12:57 PM

No clear target.

The type of responsible citizen this man represented does not kill randomly, no matter the provocation.

John F Kennedy III
10-04-2011, 01:07 PM
Dont kill yourself. Ever. If anything keep living just to PISS THEM OFF!

HOLLYWOOD
10-04-2011, 01:08 PM
Liberals are too stupid see what's happening in front of their faces AND... endorse the state to have complete control over any American on their turf.

Obedient workers... just smart enough to provide tax revenues and be the states 'Piggy Bank'... that's all the government wants... but, dumb enough to accept all the US Constitution violating laws and loss of liberty and freedoms.

AuH20
10-04-2011, 01:16 PM
Why did they ban tracer rounds in california? If you're attempting to commit a crime the last thing you want is a highly visible tracer round revealing a concealed position.

Anti Federalist
10-04-2011, 01:25 PM
Why did they ban tracer rounds in california? If you're attempting to commit a crime the last thing you want is a highly visible tracer round revealing a concealed position.

Because they could.

AuH20
10-04-2011, 01:39 PM
the most perplexing part. Interests of justice? Lady, you're lucky he didn't go Law Abiding Citizen on you and the judge!!!!

Rusciolelli, who court records say had no prior criminal charges, was free on $500,000 bail at the time of his death. He faced seven felonies, including threatening a crime, three counts of possessing an explosive device in a public place and three of possessing an assault weapon.

The charges were dismissed by Judge Richard V. Peel at the request of prosecutor Karen Khim. Her motion came during a disposition hearing. Khim told the judge she had confirmed Rusciolelli's death with the sheriff's department, and moved for dismissal in the interests of justice.

AGRP
10-04-2011, 03:11 PM
Californians are getting exactly what they want:

1) Powerless and unarmed slaves.

2) Heavily armed and powerful police state.

Isn't Democracy great?

devil21
10-04-2011, 03:36 PM
He would have been a much better advocate alive. The whole killing yourself over the system's injustices seems counter-productive to me. Sure, he's getting railroaded but he's not the first and he won't be the last. He would have been a great advocate for the next guy. Now he can't advocate for anything because he's dead.

Czolgosz
10-04-2011, 03:41 PM

+1

AFPVet
10-04-2011, 03:54 PM

It's sick... hopefully it won't be happening much longer... God willing.

Reason
10-04-2011, 03:54 PM
Anyone else read the book "molon labe"?

Reason
10-04-2011, 03:56 PM

I think the justification was that they are a fire hazard...

Rael
10-04-2011, 03:59 PM
"Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem."

Rael
10-04-2011, 04:01 PM
Anyone else read the book "molon labe"?

I'm waiting for the price to come down on a used copy...i have several of Bostons other books. Can't recommend them enough.

Deborah K
10-04-2011, 04:12 PM
He would have been a much better advocate alive. The whole killing yourself over the system's injustices seems counter-productive to me. Sure, he's getting railroaded but he's not the first and he won't be the last. He would have been a great advocate for the next guy. Now he can't advocate for anything because he's dead.

He states right in the letter that he isn't an activist. This man felt he had no other option, and obviously not enough support from family and friends. I personally know people who feel that helpless. It is a difficult thing to watch, and you can't understand it unless you're going through it.

Deborah K
10-04-2011, 04:15 PM

Isn't Democracy great?

Not all of us. Some of us have learned how to be skillful at breaking these ridiculous laws. Flying under the radar. Organizing with like-minded people so that when shtf, you have a support system in place. Don't underestimate Ron Paul supporters in Cali.

John F Kennedy III
10-04-2011, 04:22 PM

Isn't Democracy great?

Which is why im leaving this state (for the 4th time)

pcosmar
10-04-2011, 04:34 PM
Sad,, such a waste.

:(

CaptainAmerica
10-04-2011, 04:40 PM
Do you blame him ?Who would want to spend the rest of their life rotting in a secret military prison after their ex gf accused them of terrorism. This crap pisses me off.

123tim
10-04-2011, 07:04 PM
"Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem."

Profound.

devil21
10-04-2011, 08:00 PM
He states right in the letter that he isn't an activist. This man felt he had no other option, and obviously not enough support from family and friends. I personally know people who feel that helpless. It is a difficult thing to watch, and you can't understand it unless you're going through it.

As other posters have stated, it's a permanent solution to a temporary problem. He had much life left for which to become an advocate (activist). People do change their minds about such things and get involved......as most of us no doubt know. I sympathize as "but for the grace of God go I" but killing oneself over a one year jail sentence seems so counter productive. This guy was one of the best potential spokesman against government abuse possible. Now he can't speak about anything.

Anti Federalist
10-04-2011, 08:04 PM

Exactly.

This man wasn't a rabble rouser, he was just somebody who thought he had a certain amount of freedom and mistakenly thought that the system was there to give him a fair shake if anything went wrong.

He was sorely mistaken and paid for it with his life, when he realized that everything he worked for his whole life, including his good name and business, had been stolen from him.

Not only can I understand it, I, again, am astounded it doesn't happen every day, at least once a day.

nbhadja
10-04-2011, 08:13 PM
If you are gonna kill yourself you might as well destroy a certain inflation causing group before you kill yourself....

Verrater
10-04-2011, 08:25 PM
http://forum.logicalgamers.com/images/smilies/Internet/EmoteCry.png

Pericles
10-04-2011, 11:49 PM
If you are gonna kill yourself you might as well destroy a certain inflation causing group before you kill yourself....

The bastards may beat you, but at least the survivors need to know that they were in a fight.

Bordillo
10-05-2011, 02:13 AM
I would rather die than go to prison for 10 years

jasonxe
10-05-2011, 02:31 AM

we must all make that promise :D