PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Woods & Kevin Gutzman question

frag4yourlife
10-04-2011, 07:50 AM
Thomas Woods & Kevin Gutzman question

I am going to buy some books from either of the authors off Amazon.

I am doing a paper on gun laws and need assistance from forum and these books on the constitutionality paragraph for my assignment.

-Power point will show a slide with entire 2nd amendment on it.

-We are going to point out that gun enthusiasts often use the bill of rights and the 14th amendment to support their cause.

-What do gun regulators want or their beliefs on this? (Could someone help me and point this out).

-Here we are going to say we disagree with both groups. We are going to say they misinterpret the 14th amendment. It is supposed to enforce the civil rights act of 1866. It is supposed to make sure states can not have one set of laws for the white man and another for the black man. We are going to say bill of rights supposed to only make sure the federal government does not infringe on these rights. States are free to regulate it at. We are going to point out that the supreme court may have a different interpretation of the bill of rights than us. We are going to point out that it is better this way to because one day the supreme court good abolish all gun rights. We believe citizens should support the right to bear arms through state government instead.

My question is what books by these authors will help me (only allowed to use book sources) and what do gun regulators believe? Also am I right about gun enthusiasts using the 14th amendment?