PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul NEEDS to official call for Impeachment.

Romulus
10-04-2011, 06:30 AM
This is a golden opportunity to break through to the next level.

1. It shows he has courage to stand up against tyranny, and actually walks the walk, compared to the others who just talk the talk.

2. Obomber haters are going to jump on board whether they agree w/Paul on other issues. They may even become full fledged supporters.

3. It will be yet another defining moment to clarify his position on liberty vs. tyranny.

Rael
10-04-2011, 06:32 AM
+1

Kylie
10-04-2011, 06:43 AM
I don't know man. I've been raked over the coals the last few days for having the same position as RP.

Some of these people have a bloodlust that goes beyond logic, and they will not let it go.

Steve-in-NY
10-04-2011, 07:04 AM
I think he should definately look into that.
I also think he should be picking up all the staffers that have left the other campaigns, just for the sake of doing so and if the story picks up I could see some momentum built through that alone.

Romulus
10-04-2011, 07:08 AM
I don't know man. I've been raked over the coals the last few days for having the same position as RP.

Some of these people have a bloodlust that goes beyond logic, and they will not let it go.

Did you hear the callers on Savage? The Neoconny of all Neocon shows! People do not like terrorists, but they don't like Obama being a tyrant even more. This is golden opportunity to really stand up and take charge and slam the tyrant Obama - People know their rights, and they're angry at Obomer, so they will latch onto this. In another forum, a Cain supporter even said he would support Paul if only to get Obama out... this would catch fire if he would do it.

sratiug
10-04-2011, 07:15 AM
Yes yes yes yes yes.

limequat
10-04-2011, 07:18 AM
The anyone-but-Obama folks would be falling all over themselves to kiss RP. The neocons will either have to support RP or support Obama. Progressives should be on the correct side of this anyway. This is a win-win move, I love it!

Romulus
10-04-2011, 07:19 AM
And on Drudge, he has kept the Ron Paul/Impeachment story up at the TOP CENTER column - it must be getting huge hits for him. He's keeping it up there! This is huge folks... I hope Paul makes the move on this.

limequat
10-04-2011, 07:19 AM
Remember when clinton was impeached. It was the news for months. This would guarantee RP coverage through the election cycle. Incredible, and nobody else has the balls to beat him to the punch. Go Ron Paul, go!

specsaregood
10-04-2011, 07:21 AM
Rushing into such an issue is how mistakes are made. Floating the idea as a possibility and saying an investigation and more information needs to be released is the proper, cautious approach. Impeaching the president is no casual affair, nor should it be.

limequat
10-04-2011, 07:22 AM
And on Drudge, he has kept the Ron Paul/Impeachment story up at the TOP CENTER column - it must be getting huge hits for him. He's keeping it up there! This is huge folks... I hope Paul makes the move on this.

God, Romulus, I could come through the monitor and hug you. The time for education has subsided, now is the time clear decisive action! America wants leadership and swagger. Let's see the angry old man smack some people around. GET OFF MY LAWN!

Romulus
10-04-2011, 07:22 AM
The anyone-but-Obama folks would be falling all over themselves to kiss RP. The neocons will either have to support RP or support Obama. Progressives should be on the correct side of this anyway. This is a win-win move, I love it!

Exactly - its a now or never moment. And like you said, the media attention would be huge - and if they black that out, they will only spur more attention on to us.

limequat
10-04-2011, 07:23 AM
Rushing into such an issue is how mistakes are made. Floating the idea as a possibility and saying an investigation and more information needs to be released is the proper, cautious approach. Impeaching the president is no casual affair, nor should it be.

Pun?

This is a huge opportunity, I'd hate to see it go to waste. Again, remember the Clinton impeachment. You could not get away from it if you wanted.

specsaregood
10-04-2011, 07:24 AM
Exactly - its a now or never moment. And like you said, the media attention would be huge - and if they black that out, they will only spur more attention on to us.

Right, he calls for impeachment and Obama replies by releasing intel that shows that Alawaki was a clear and present danger and had a terrorist act planned for later that day (true or not is unimportant) and Paul looks like the fool. His call for an investigation and more information is the ONLY tactic that isn't suicidal.

Romulus
10-04-2011, 07:25 AM

I agree... I would want him to vet the idea, and make sure that it is 100% an absolute impeachable offense and so on. And if it is, this should be all systems go. Our liberty is his life work. There is no reason to back off of this.

brushfire
10-04-2011, 07:27 AM
Looks like gunwalker has got Holder backpedaling - this would be one more nail in this regime's coffin.

Romulus
10-04-2011, 07:27 AM
Right, he calls for impeachment and Obama replies by releasing intel that shows that Alawaki was a clear and present danger and had a terrorist act planned for later that day (true or not is unimportant) and Paul looks like the fool. His call for an investigation and more information is the ONLY tactic that isn't suicidal.

Then he could start by demanding to see that intel and 'the law' that Obama secretly has that supposedly allowed him to kill. Holding Obama's feet to the fire won't make him look like a fool if done correctly. Doing so will when a lot of support from the GOPers simply based on the fact this could be what gets Obama out of office.

specsaregood
10-04-2011, 07:30 AM
Then he could start by demanding to see that intel and 'the law' that Obama secretly has that supposedly allowed him to kill. Holding Obama's feet to the fire won't make him look like a fool if done correctly. Doing so will when a lot of support from the GOPers.

There we go; but immediate calls for impeachment are a mistake.

phill4paul
10-04-2011, 07:33 AM
I feel it is a good issue to stand on. Not necessarily an impeachment but a Congressional investigation into the death of a U.S. Citizen is surely called for. However, knowing the machinations of government I fear the primary would be long over before an investigation was even held.

sratiug
10-04-2011, 07:36 AM

That means nothing. If they have evidence, he should have been charged. Call for impeachment NOW!

CaptUSA
10-04-2011, 07:47 AM
There we go; but immediate calls for impeachment are a mistake.Exactly. He should continue to float the idea and make an issue of it, but don't be so hasty. You're not going to get too many people on board to impeach a President for killing a terrorist. And you better believe that this is how it will be portrayed.

Most people still think Clinton was impeach for getting blown by an intern.

limequat
10-04-2011, 07:58 AM
That means nothing. If they have evidence, he should have been charged. Call for impeachment NOW!

This. Doesn't matter, what he was up to. It's a police action, not a military action.

Romulus
10-04-2011, 08:04 AM
Exactly. He should continue to float the idea and make an issue of it, but don't be so hasty. You're not going to get too many people on board to impeach a President for killing a terrorist. And you better believe that this is how it will be portrayed.

Most people still think Clinton was impeach for getting blown by an intern.

He was an American citizen, and people, even GOPers are reacting to that - mostly because they just hate Obummer... nevertheless, many have admitted Paul is technically correct to me, and would support him impeaching. He would get a boatload on board.

specsaregood
10-04-2011, 08:05 AM
This. Doesn't matter, what he was up to. It's a police action, not a military action.

And police are allowed to use deadly force if the person represents an immediate danger.

limequat
10-04-2011, 08:11 AM
And police are allowed to use deadly force if the person represents an immediate danger.

Yes, but that doesn't change your argument. It wasn't police, it was the Military. And there was NO immediate danger as he wasn't even in the US.

Romulus
10-04-2011, 08:11 AM

With evidence. They can not just kill anyone willy nilly and get away with it in a court of law.

Cutlerzzz
10-04-2011, 08:13 AM
Did you hear the callers on Savage? The Neoconny of all Neocon shows! People do not like terrorists, but they don't like Obama being a tyrant even more. This is golden opportunity to really stand up and take charge and slam the tyrant Obama - People know their rights, and they're angry at Obomer, so they will latch onto this. In another forum, a Cain supporter even said he would support Paul if only to get Obama out... this would catch fire if he would do it.Why is Savage a neocon?

Maestro232
10-04-2011, 08:14 AM
Impeach

specsaregood
10-04-2011, 08:14 AM
Yes, but that doesn't change your argument. It wasn't police, it was the Military. And there was NO immediate danger as he wasn't even in the US.

I thought it was CIA, which is civilian not military. Also, you don't know if there was an immediate danger or not, that was my original point. you call for impeachment and they reply with immediate danger "evidence" and you get pwned.

specsaregood
10-04-2011, 08:16 AM
With evidence. They can not just kill anyone willy nilly and get away with it in a court of law.

Exactly, why they do an investigation. They don't immediately charge the police with a crime, they investigate it first.

Original_Intent
10-04-2011, 08:22 AM
Along with the assassination, another impeachable offense is the continued military action in Libya with no approval from Congress within the time limit stated in the War Powers Act.

limequat
10-04-2011, 08:23 AM
Along with the assassination, another impeachable offense is the continued military action in Libya with no approval from Congress within the time limit stated in the War Powers Act.

That's it. Shotgun approach. See what sticks.

acptulsa
10-04-2011, 08:23 AM

You're absolutely right.

For one thing, we don't demonstrate Ron Paul's deep respect for the Constitution by encouraging him to play fast and loose with it. And even if that's not what this is, that's how this would appear.

For another thing, we need a clear goal to play for here, if we're going to jump into a game this potentially ugly. So, before you jump off the deep end with this, please consider what is said in this thread:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?320365-Clearly-Ron-Paul-s-Support-Must-Be-a-Mile-Deep

CanadaBoy
10-04-2011, 10:41 AM
Look @ the comments:
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/10/03/paul-impeachment-a-possibility-for-obama/
:(

fade
10-04-2011, 10:56 AM
Look @ the comments:
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/10/03/paul-impeachment-a-possibility-for-obama/

It pains me to see the comments. Granted, that is CNN and the people that frequent CNN blogs and actually post probably aren't the most open minded people out there.

The sad fact is, THAT IS HOW EVERYONE SEES IT. Obama took out a terrorist who wants to hurt your FAMILY. that is how the media is going to spin it and they are going to try and make Ron Paul sound crazier than they have ever pushed him to be.

Andrew Ryan
10-04-2011, 10:59 AM
Look @ the comments:
*vomit*

acptulsa
10-04-2011, 11:00 AM
Look @ the comments:

Better still, try to post a comment and see what happens.

Locked up tight.

Romulus
10-04-2011, 11:09 AM
Better still, try to post a comment and see what happens.

Locked up tight.

Total BS!! --- it has to be heavily moderated and censored. Perhaps its NOT really a true reflection. LIke how the media tries to find 2 out of 50 who loves the TSA patdowns and puts them on the air.

Original_Intent
10-04-2011, 11:13 AM
I think that leading the call for impeachment could be the catalyst that rockets Paul once and for all to the top. But it needs to be done carefully and make sure the grounds are there. It should probably be proposed that investigations need to take place to make sure that presidential authority was not exceeded. Not an outright call for impeachment but raising a concern and repeatedly doing so.

The nice thing is I never see Romney supporting this, he is such an establishment tool, he would never have the guts to back this until it was already overwhelmingly popular. Easy to show him as a Johnny come lately just trying to do what is popular. Being an early and consistent voice raising concerns I think could play very well for Ron.

Doing so would also guarantee (I think) more talk time for Ron at the next debates.

flightlesskiwi
10-04-2011, 11:14 AM
You're absolutely right.

For one thing, we don't demonstrate Ron Paul's deep respect for the Constitution by encouraging him to play fast and loose with it. And even if that's not what this is, that's how this would appear.

For another thing, we need a clear goal to play for here, if we're going to jump into a game this potentially ugly. So, before you jump off the deep end with this, please consider what is said in this thread:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?320365-Clearly-Ron-Paul-s-Support-Must-Be-a-Mile-Deep

i agree 100%.

but it doesn't make me any less sad that we are at a point in history where extreme caution needs to be exercised on the part of those seeking justice when the constitution and rule of law is blatantly, utterly, undoubtedly violated and the people doing the violating can throw caution to the wind simply on the grounds of "precedent" all the while appealing to the ignorant masses.

affa
10-04-2011, 11:16 AM
internet comments on this assassination, are, for the most part, incredibly disgusting. though worth noting, they don't match the discussions i've discussed with people i know on the left.

nobody, and i mean nobody, i actually know is taking the hardline 'blood thirsty democrat' line so prevalent on the internet right now. interesting.

Romulus
10-04-2011, 11:45 AM
Look @ the comments:

internet comments on this assassination, are, for the most part, incredibly disgusting. though worth noting, they don't match the discussions i've discussed with people i know on the left.

nobody, and i mean nobody, i actually know is taking the hardline 'blood thirsty democrat' line so prevalent on the internet right now. interesting.

Did you all see ANY pro Paul comments there? I bet they just delete them when they are posted! We'll have to keep an eye on CNN comments to see how they are treated, because it sure seems like they are blocking out any pro Paul comments there.