PDA

View Full Version : Nader and Kucinich need to tell their suporters to switch parties and vote for Ron Paul...

stopstealingmymoney
10-04-2011, 12:08 AM
New York is very liberal and we could really use the liberal voters to switch parties to Republican. Other important states are within two weeks as well. There is no doubt that both Kucinich and Nader absolutely do not want Obama in office. Is there a way we can send them a message? There are MANY liberals who would vote over Kucinich and Nader over Obama, but never Ron Paul.

TheTexan
10-04-2011, 12:14 AM
It depends. There are irreconcilable differences in their ideologies, so really it depends on whether:

a) they prefer someone with honesty & integrity but with a different opinion, rather than a dishonest person with whom they agree
b) the points in their ideologies that they do agree are more important than the points they disagree

I'd be all for it. You can try contacting them, but I wouldn't count on it.

amy31416
10-04-2011, 12:15 AM
If they truly care, they will. I'm pretty jaded though and doubt they will.

I don't know what it takes to get people who seemingly have a conscience to do the right thing. Let me know if you figure it out.

TheTexan
10-04-2011, 12:19 AM
If they truly care, they will. I'm pretty jaded though and doubt they will.

I don't know what it takes to get people who seemingly have a conscience to do the right thing. Let me know if you figure it out.

I wouldn't blame them if they didn't want to endorse Ron Paul. They have strong beliefs, and some of the differences are simply irreconcilable.

amy31416
10-04-2011, 12:23 AM
I wouldn't blame them if they didn't want to endorse Ron Paul. They have strong beliefs, and some of the differences are simply irreconcilable.

I would. We're getting down to the wire here--people are dying, going broke, losing everything and American ideals (which also protect them and their natural rights) are going down the toilet.

These are supposed to be courageous individuals, and they are missing out on a great and obvious opportunity.

ETA: One of the main reasons that I admire RP is because he goes against the grain and states his beliefs without fear, without concern for political fallout or other superficial bullshit. The bar has been raised, and it is up to other "leaders" to meet that standard if they want to still consider themselves "leaders."

jasonxe
10-04-2011, 12:31 AM
How about we tell them to switch to vote for Ron Paul but they can vote for Nader or whomever in the general election.

gerryb
10-04-2011, 12:45 AM
Or just spread the message to their supporters yourselves. I've been hitting facebook hard to try and capture some of the occupy momentum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLdcB0ln9t8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLdcB0ln9t8

dannno
10-04-2011, 12:46 AM
OP, you almost gave me a damn heart attack.

I read:

Nader and Kucinich tell their suporters to switch parties and vote for Ron Paul...

Karsten
10-04-2011, 12:46 AM
Great idea.

Steve-in-NY
10-04-2011, 08:05 AM
Im a repub in NY (on long island) and Im doing my best.
Ive got a few dems converted, but Im yet to make sure they switched for the primaries and I got a few repubs too.
Ron Paul aint an easy sell here on LI. Takes time. I wish I knew about him last election, Id have had a good jumpstart.

FrankRep
10-04-2011, 08:06 AM
Nader and Kucinich need to tell their suporters to switch parties and vote for Ron Paul...

Call them up and see what they say.

dolphin
10-04-2011, 08:17 AM
Nader and Kucinich need to tell their suporters to switch parties and vote for Ron Paul..

New York is very liberal and we could really use the liberal voters to switch parties to Republican. Other important states are within two weeks as well. There is no doubt that both Kucinich and Nader absolutely do not want Obama in office. Is there a way we can send them a message? There are MANY liberals who would vote over Kucinich and Nader over Obama, but never Ron Paul.

I have long thought that every other political party should. Its the only thing that makes any sense.

libertybrewcity
10-19-2011, 07:24 PM
what, all 20 of kucinichs people? And risk losing our entire republican base? No thanks.