PDA

View Full Version : See how effective simplicity is? We need to use this more often for Ron Paul

justinpagewood
10-04-2011, 12:08 AM
http://i.imgur.com/B3onM.png

This ad caught my attention on the Daily Paul.

It's so simple, looks good, and makes you want to click "What the heck is happening on Sept 30?"

We need to keep stuff simple, for BLACK THIS OUT, or for anything else. Overdone marketing and tagging and complexity doesn't get attention at all.

MJU1983
10-04-2011, 12:11 AM
KISS - always relevant. :)

parocks
10-04-2011, 12:13 AM
justin is usually right on the money

heavenlyboy34
10-04-2011, 12:21 AM
http://i.imgur.com/B3onM.png

This ad caught my attention on the Daily Paul.

It's so simple, looks good, and makes you want to click "What the heck is happening on Sept 30?"

We need to keep stuff simple, for BLACK THIS OUT, or for anything else. Overdone marketing and tagging and complexity doesn't get attention at all.I agree. In my design classes, there was always emphasis on using graphics to communicate as much as possible in the simplest manner possible. :cool:

Kludge
10-04-2011, 12:21 AM
I near-instantly filter out ads like that since they aren't giving me any details to be interested in. I have no interest in being sold "mystery" and don't plan on wasting time with people bullshitting me (well, unless it's funny).

I'm sure not everyone thinks that way. Probably not the majority. I think you're on to something. Definitely nothing wrong with diversity in advertising to appeal to as many different types of people as possible.

RX_For_Apathy
10-04-2011, 12:22 AM
Keep the message simple too, try to avoid broad generalizations about liberty and so on. People have become used to government solving social issues, explaining how a free society will deal with social issues takes a conversation not a one minute video. I was discussing Ron Paul with a co-worker for a while trying to explain why I supported him and you know what had a bigger impact on him than anything else? When I explained that RP refuses to join the Congressional pension plan, take money from medicare/medicaid and worked in a hospital for 3$ an hour. People get excited about his integrity, if you can show them that they will at the very least listen to his message.

Advice from the recently converted :)

McDermit
10-04-2011, 01:03 AM
I near-instantly filter out ads like that since they aren't giving me any details to be interested in. I have no interest in being sold "mystery" and don't plan on wasting time with people bullshitting me (well, unless it's funny).

I'm sure not everyone thinks that way. Probably not the majority. I think you're on to something. Definitely nothing wrong with diversity in advertising to appeal to as many different types of people as possible.I'm with you. That wouldn't grab my attention at all, and I certainly wouldn't click on it.

Particularly if you're buying ad space, you do not want to waste money on clicks from people who are confused as to what the ad is for/about.

Tod
10-04-2011, 01:26 AM
no doubt, different types of ads will attract different types of people.