PDA

View Full Version : BTO will decide if Paul wins or loses

mr_x
10-03-2011, 05:32 PM
The primaries are getting close, and many of them are getting even closer as states move up their primary dates. Paul will be pushing and spending hard soon to try to break into 2nd, and without such a push and without the funds to do so, 1st and 2nd will be cemented and Paul will not have the momentum to win. Simply put, Black This Out will decide whether Paul has what it takes to take his campaign to the next level, or stay right where it's at. The Nov. 5th and December 16th moneybombs in the last election were large and drew a lot of attention, but for the most part they came too late to make much of a difference. IF YOU WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THIS TIME, IN THIS RACE, WE NEED YOU TO SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT BLACK THIS OUT NOW, WELL AHEAD OF THE MONEYBOMB ITSELF. The more funds we can raise for Paul, the greater his momentum will be, and the better chance Paul will have for winning the nomination.

Remember, timing is everything. Another large Nov. 5th or December 16th moneybomb will make little difference for Paul, but a successful Black This Out moneybomb will mean everything. Paul's success hinges on our ability to snowball this thing NOW to give him the momentum he needs to win.

Let's make it happen.

fisharmor
10-03-2011, 05:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7miRCLeFSJo

Sentinelrv
10-03-2011, 05:39 PM
I agree, we already have over 10,000 people pledging to donate on the 19th, counting Facebook and the official website, but we need everyone's help to blow this number even higher. Please help us in the main thread.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?316961-Black-This-Out-Want-6-000-000-We-Need-THE-ENTIRE-MONTH-for-Promotion-amp-25-000-Attendees

PaulConventionWV
10-03-2011, 06:13 PM
I agree, we already have over 10,000 people pledging to donate on the 19th, counting Facebook and the official website, but we need everyone's help to blow this number even higher. Please help us in the main thread.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?316961-Black-This-Out-Want-6-000-000-We-Need-THE-ENTIRE-MONTH-for-Promotion-amp-25-000-Attendees

Isn't there overlap between the facebook event and the official website pledges?

ItsTime
10-03-2011, 06:23 PM
I agree.

beardedlinen
10-03-2011, 06:26 PM
The primaries are getting close, and many of them are getting even closer as states move up their primary dates. Paul will be pushing and spending hard soon to try to break into 2nd, and without such a push and without the funds to do so, 1st and 2nd will be cemented and Paul will not have the momentum to win. Simply put, Black This Out will decide whether Paul has what it takes to take his campaign to the next level, or stay right where it's at. The Nov. 5th and December 16th moneybombs in the last election were large and drew a lot of attention, but for the most part they came too late to make much of a difference. IF YOU WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THIS TIME, IN THIS RACE, WE NEED YOU TO SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT BLACK THIS OUT NOW, WELL AHEAD OF THE MONEYBOMB ITSELF. The more funds we can raise for Paul, the greater his momentum will be, and the better chance Paul will have for winning the nomination.

Remember, timing is everything. Another large Nov. 5th or December 16th moneybomb will make little difference for Paul, but a successful Black This Out moneybomb will mean everything. Paul's success hinges on our ability to snowball this thing NOW to give him the momentum he needs to win.

Let's make it happen.

We also need to make sure that people register Republican so they can vote for Paul in the primaries. The Independent and disillusioned Democrat vote are needed as well as the explosive youth vote. People have to remember to donate as well as vote...and possibly become a delegate.

Sentinelrv
10-03-2011, 07:07 PM
Isn't there overlap between the facebook event and the official website pledges?

There probably is, but the 10,000 number will motivate more people.

JamesButabi
10-03-2011, 07:13 PM
If you are sitting on the sidelines waiting to do something NOW IS THAT TIME. We have a professional looking website with 10k combined pledges, we have radio ads starting tonight/tomorrow and running for two weeks, we have people blanketing flyers and cards around campuses, we have unique marketing across social networks.

Get out. Get a couple other people to donate even a few bucks. If everyone just does something, this will be wildly successful. Will you do something?

ItsTime
10-03-2011, 07:17 PM
If you are sitting on the sidelines waiting to do something NOW IS THAT TIME. We have a professional looking website with 10k combined pledges, we have radio ads starting tonight/tomorrow and running for two weeks, we have people blanketing flyers and cards around campuses, we have unique marketing across social networks.

Get out. Get a couple other people to donate even a few bucks. If everyone just does something, this will be wildly successful. Will you do something?

I have to say this is the best put together moneybomb of all time but like you said now is not the time to stop PUSH PUSH PUSH! +REP

Feelgood
10-03-2011, 07:38 PM
All you who seem to think this black out money bomb is the end all, do all for Ron are simply delusional. Honestly, its nothing more then just another money bomb. No bigger, greater or more important then the one last week, the week before that, or any that will transpire after this money bomb has long fallen into the history books. For me, Im getting to the point of money bomb fatigue, and I dont doubt many others are as well. I honestly think you guys are seriously over hyping just another moneybomb. We all know there will be another 2 weeks after this, and more to follow that.

Seriously guys, its just another friggin money bomb, get over yourselves. Now, with that, I think it is great to do this, Ron needs all the financial help he can get. But over hyping events, in the long run can really work against the cause. If you set the bar for this incredible phenomenal money bomb for $6 million dollars, and only raise $750k, the media will SPIN it like, the Ron Paul appeal is fizzling out. He was trying for a $6 million dollar haul, and wasnt even able to break $1 million. Even though he still added another $750k to his campaign bank, they will spin it as a failure. You guys are setting the bar way too high.

How bout we call the next moneybomb after black out, Yet Another Moneybomb moneybomb?! Or YAMM for short? :)

davidt!
10-03-2011, 07:54 PM
All you who seem to think this black out money bomb is the end all, do all for Ron are simply delusional. Honestly, its nothing more then just another money bomb. No bigger, greater or more important then the one last week, the week before that, or any that will transpire after this money bomb has long fallen into the history books. For me, Im getting to the point of money bomb fatigue, and I dont doubt many others are as well. I honestly think you guys are seriously over hyping just another moneybomb. We all know there will be another 2 weeks after this, and more to follow that.

Seriously guys, its just another friggin money bomb, get over yourselves. Now, with that, I think it is great to do this, Ron needs all the financial help he can get. But over hyping events, in the long run can really work against the cause. If you set the bar for this incredible phenomenal money bomb for $6 million dollars, and only raise $750k, the media will SPIN it like, the Ron Paul appeal is fizzling out. He was trying for a $6 million dollar haul, and wasnt even able to break $1 million. Even though he still added another $750k to his campaign bank, they will spin it as a failure. You guys are setting the bar way too high.

How bout we call the next moneybomb after black out, Yet Another Moneybomb moneybomb?! Or YAMM for short? :)
This is the Big One brother!!Let's do this thing!

JoshS
10-03-2011, 08:01 PM
the media will not be spinning BTO lol

lose the paranoia

Anti Federalist
10-03-2011, 08:05 PM
the media will not be spinning BTO lol

lose the paranoia

???

Lose the "paranoia" over a paranoid fact?

JamesButabi
10-03-2011, 08:20 PM
Sorry man but BTO has the mojo that we have been unable to muster up since 2007. Even if we don't raise 6 million (quite a lofty goal I agree) this is slated to be the largest fundraiser for Ron this election cycle. I hope you join us even if what you do is something small and postive rather than small and negative.

mr_x
10-04-2011, 02:29 AM

That negativity isn't going to help anything. Spreading the message to have people donate will help, and has helped every single moneybomb. While many of the other candidates' funds are drying up, Paul remains one of the top fundraisers for a reason. And look at where most of his money comes from... moneybombs. If you're burnt out, fine. But don't dump on a good thing unless you have something better to replace it with that thousands of people will follow. Otherwise you're just being unconstructive and shitting in everyone's salad.

Tod
10-04-2011, 02:33 AM
I agree.

The end of quarter push was a bit anemic; we have to make up for it with BTO.

If I can get my mom on board, she could contribute more than I can. My siblings are probably about as strapped as I am, but every little bit helps.

idiom
10-04-2011, 02:43 AM
Maybe we should be aiming to get 1 million donors? Get there at $5-$10 per donation but show that RP has really really broad support.

gerryb
10-04-2011, 02:48 AM
Maybe we should be aiming to get 1 million donors? Get there at $5-$10 per donation but show that RP has really really broad support.

The problem is we don't have the capability to get it out to all the folks... it's really up to each of us to promote the event to all of our friends - e-mail, facebook, twitter, in erson(gasp), etc.

SpicyTurkey
10-04-2011, 02:53 AM
OP fails.

idiom
10-04-2011, 02:56 AM
What would it take to get that sort of coverage?

SpicyTurkey
10-04-2011, 02:57 AM
I agree.

The end of quarter push was a bit anemic; we have to make up for it with BTO.

If I can get my mom on board, she could contribute more than I can. My siblings are probably about as strapped as I am, but every little bit helps.

We were less than 60k below our PUSH objective. It was hardily "anemic". (Who the hell uses that word anyway :D )

qwerty
10-04-2011, 02:58 AM
Just THINK if we out-raise every other candidates!!!!!! :)

idiom
10-04-2011, 03:24 AM
Think of it being more than about the dollar total. Its the number of people who get to participate in restoring their country and fighting the evil forces running the country.

This is your chance to show that this this is your country and not the media's. They don't get to control you.

qwerty
10-04-2011, 03:27 AM
Think of it being more than about the dollar total. Its the number of people who get to participate in restoring their country and fighting the evil forces running the country.

This is your chance to show that this this is your country and not the media's. They don't get to control you.

Exactly!

Spread the word!

I know i will! atleast 6 hours per day! :)

rich34
10-04-2011, 07:36 AM
Wow, you think so? I agree it's very important and hitting 3 million would be great, but lets not get to carried away.

JamesButabi
10-04-2011, 10:13 AM

Every bit will count. I'm hoping the official campaign will use a ticker that displays the amount of donors again for this one.

JamesButabi
10-04-2011, 10:15 AM
Wow, you think so? I agree it's very important and hitting 3 million would be great, but lets not get to carried away.

$3 million is attainable if dailypaul and lyman get on board soon. We need all Ron Paul promoters to step it up and work together for something greater than themselves. We have the jump on this event, and are counting on everyone that reads these posts to chip in at least a little time and effort.

libertybrewcity
10-04-2011, 11:23 AM
Nah, we'll probably raise 1 to 2 million so I would consider that a win. Even if we only raise 500k I'd consider that a win.

Spanky
10-04-2011, 11:28 AM
I'd rather set our limits high then low, I think if we do the proper advertising, $2 million is at least attainable, AT the lowest.

IndianaPolitico
10-04-2011, 11:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlKcPNcQlSc
Keep on spreading the word!

Shane Harris
10-04-2011, 12:44 PM
ughh... just spent an hour promoting on fb and got into some fights. its good to be back amongst friends:/