PDA

View Full Version : IOWA: "Perry has soft support, Ron has strong base"

ZanZibar
10-03-2011, 05:03 PM
#winning

http://washingtonindependent.com/112884/iowa-2012-gop-presidential-power-rankings-perry-leads-with-soft-support-paul-second-with-strong-base

cero
10-03-2011, 05:11 PM
lol they removed my earlier post saying how they attack Dr. Paul, but fail to mention rick perry's mandate to vaccinate little girls, and the"heartless comment"

michaelkellenger
10-03-2011, 05:14 PM
"As the panelists have previously noted, however, there seems to be little, if any, growth for Paul in Iowa."

How can they say this??? There has been no polls recently released from Iowa. I do respect they put him at number two, but I truly believe that his popularity is increasing in Iowa. Especially in the eastern portions...

sailingaway
10-03-2011, 05:15 PM
lol they removed my earlier post saying how they attack Dr. Paul, but fail to mention rick perry's mandate to vaccinate little girls, and the"heartless comment"

I saw that this morning when I posted.

When someone posted this article for the FIRST time (and second.)

I'll have to check and see if they took mine down too....

--

edit - nope, mine is still there!

bluesc
10-03-2011, 05:18 PM
"As the panelists have previously noted, however, there seems to be little, if any, growth for Paul in Iowa."

How can they say this??? There has been no polls recently released from Iowa. I do respect they put him at number two, but I truly believe that his popularity is increasing in Iowa. Especially in the eastern portions...

There was a poll, and Ron had dropped, but so had Perry. That was the "soft" support leaving Perry. Ron was still statistically tied for 2nd, with Mitt a not-so-distant 1st.

Just wait for the $2.5M spending blitz. Iowans will find their conservative then, and it is not Bachmann.

sailingaway
10-03-2011, 05:28 PM
There was a poll, and Ron had dropped, but so had Perry. That was the "soft" support leaving Perry. Ron was still statistically tied for 2nd, with Mitt a not-so-distant 1st.

Just wait for the $2.5M spending blitz. Iowans will find their conservative then, and it is not Bachmann.

I hope the ads are more like the first two (not necessarily attack ads, but on principle) and less like the Vet one. I agree he needed something warm and fuzzy, but even warm and fuzzy can have more principle.... he could discuss his social security/medicare plan... or something....

GeorgiaAvenger
10-03-2011, 05:30 PM
What are the latest polls in Iowa?

bluesc
10-03-2011, 05:33 PM
I hope the ads are more like the first two (not necessarily attack ads, but on principle) and less like the Vet one. I agree he needed something warm and fuzzy, but even warm and fuzzy can have more principle.... he could discuss his social security/medicare plan... or something....

That would make a good ad. A new positive ad is due out in the next couple of days. I think it will either be foreign policy or social security. Those are two of his views that are misrepresented or misinterpreted that hurt him the most, like in that article. Your comment was excellent, btw. It's an answer I wish he would give when asked about terrorism.

PaulConventionWV
10-03-2011, 05:35 PM

I have faith in the strategy. The vet ad was a good one. As long as its telling nothing but the truth, I am fine with it. The warm and fuzzy stemmed from the fact that they were letting people get to know a good side of Paul that they may not have been aware of before. This is a very positive thing and should be encouraged and supported. So far, our ad campaign has been a wild success in terms of appeal. We just have to work on reaping the benefits. All of the ads so far have been pretty unique in their own way. I believe it is a calculated strategy, unlike last cycle when we had the cheesy ads saying, "I'll vote for Paul because I'm weird like that." This time, we are a full-throttle, mainstream ad campaign and we are gaining traction.

bluesc
10-03-2011, 05:36 PM
What are the latest polls in Iowa?

http://www.lewrockwell.com/politicaltheatre/2011/09/iowa-poll-3/

I can't visit the pollsters page for the poll, and it isn't on RCP for some reason, so I can't see cross tabs, ect.

sailingaway
10-03-2011, 06:05 PM
I have faith in the strategy. .... All of the ads so far have been pretty unique in their own way. I believe it is a calculated strategy, unlike last cycle when we had the cheesy ads saying, "I'll vote for Paul because I'm weird like that." This time, we are a full-throttle, mainstream ad campaign and we are gaining traction.

I don't know... I think I'm adding that to my signature....

edit --

nah, doesn't fit in. But only because I didn't want to take either of the things already there, out....

wgadget
10-03-2011, 07:13 PM
I hope the campaign runs some ads where he talks about JOBS and how he can beat OBAMA. That's what people care about most at this time, imo.