PDA

View Full Version : Obama impeachment a possibility, says Ron Paul

bobbyw24
10-03-2011, 01:59 PM
By DAN HIRSCHHORN | 10/3/11 3:52 PM EDT

Ron Paul said Monday that President Barack Obama’s targeted killing of Anwar al-Awlaki might be an impeachable offense.

Asked at a Manchester, N.H. town hall meeting about last week’s killing of the American-born Al Qaeda leader, the Texas congressman said impeachment would be “possible,” but that he wants to know more about how the administration “flouted the law.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/65035.html#ixzz1ZkbouwX7

propanes
10-03-2011, 02:54 PM
Drudge picked this story up.

Aratus
10-03-2011, 02:58 PM
it could be one of the articles.
gary johnson and herman cain
may agree with doctor ron paul.

Bruno
10-03-2011, 03:00 PM
Drudge picked this story up.

Awesome! That site will get a lot of extra hits today with Knox acquitted.

RON PAUL FLOATS IMPEACHMENT FOR DRONE KILL OF U.S. CITIZEN...

Rudeman
10-03-2011, 03:20 PM
Just wondering under what law (where specifically) is it legal to assassinate US citizens or what law Obama is hiding behind? If anyone knows it'd be helpful, just wondering what requirements, limitations etc. there are.

eduardo89
10-03-2011, 03:22 PM
I think Obama is hiding behind the I'm The President So I Do What The Fuck I Want, The Constitution Doesn't Matter Act of 2010.

dannno
10-03-2011, 03:28 PM
Just wondering under what law (where specifically) is it legal to assassinate US citizens or what law Obama is hiding behind? If anyone knows it'd be helpful, just wondering what requirements, limitations etc. there are.

The excuse is that he was 'at war' with us based on some hidden evidence of some past actions... he wasn't sitting there with a gun firing at people or planning some terrorist attack, he was in a car or house or something when they assassinated him. So that excuse is pretty weak.

pcosmar
Likely hidden away somewhere in The UnPatriot Act.

Kylie
Im arguing with some people on another board about this, and they stand on the fact that thisguy was an enemy combatant. Therefore he could be killed at any time.

It would be cute how they think that term wont be used on them, if they didnt really believe it.

Rudeman
10-03-2011, 03:32 PM
I've had a few people say that the President doesn't have absolute authority on who to assassinate and that they're sure there is a process he must go through, so I was hoping we could find the law to see whether or not that was true.

eduardo89
10-03-2011, 03:37 PM

How could that happen? I'm sure every congressman read the bill beforehand to make sure it was all Constitutional!

Kodaddy
10-03-2011, 03:38 PM
I think it's somewhere in the Patriot Act or an executive order...he was on the kill list for some time and I believe it was brought up awhile ago about putting an American on the kill list...not sure where, though...

dannno
10-03-2011, 03:48 PM
Im arguing with some people on another board about this, and they stand on the fact that thisguy was an enemy combatant. Therefore he could be killed at any time.

It would be cute how they think that term wont be used on them, if they didnt really believe it.

Ask them for direct evidence that he is an enemy combatant or involved in any terror attacks, and whether he was fighting us at the time he was assassinated.

anaconda
10-03-2011, 03:56 PM
Has Obama reported to the congress per the requirement of the War Powers Act? Regarding Pakistan and Libya?

anaconda
10-03-2011, 03:58 PM
I think it's somewhere in the Patriot Act or an executive order...he was on the kill list for some time and I believe it was brought up awhile ago about putting an American on the kill list...not sure where, though...

How is this latest episode appreciably different from the playing card deck hit list we had in Iraq? I don't really see any.

RDM
10-03-2011, 04:04 PM

I think you're answer may lie here in this video and link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz3K-TZS2kg&feature=player_embedded

This link:

http://harpers.org/archive/2009/03/hbc-90004542

bwlibertyman
10-03-2011, 04:09 PM
I think it might be probable that if an American refutes his citizenship that it might be that they're just killing some Guy.

Paulatized
10-03-2011, 05:19 PM
http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/2856-cia-has-program-to-assassinate-us-citizens
Note Date

CIA Has Program to Assassinate U.S. Citizens
Written by Thomas R. Eddlem
Saturday, 30 January 2010

CIA sealThe U.S. Central Intelligence Agency has maintained an assassination list of U.S. citizens for the last eight year and has actually assassinated Americans, according to January 27 Washington Post story.

The Post reported a story of a predator drone strike in late 2001 in Yemen:

"The target was Abu Ali al-Harithi, organizer of the 2000 attack on the USS Cole. Killed with him was a U.S. citizen, Kamal Derwish, who the CIA knew was in the car.

"Word that the CIA had purposefully killed Derwish drew attention to the unconventional nature of the new conflict and to the secret legal deliberations over whether killing a U.S. citizen was legal and ethical.

"After the Sept. 11 attacks, Bush gave the CIA, and later the military, authority to kill U.S. citizens abroad if strong evidence existed that an American was involved in organizing or carrying out terrorist actions against the United States or U.S. interests, military and intelligence officials said. The evidence has to meet a certain, defined threshold. The person, for instance, has to pose 'a continuing and imminent threat to U.S. persons and interests,' said one former intelligence official."

One may expect the Bush administration to give the military and the CIA the “authority” to assassinate American citizens without trial. The Bush administration had made a point of claiming unlimited power under the lawyerly advice of the Justice Department's John Yoo and had imprisoned American citizens Jose Padilla and Yaser Hamdi for years without trial.

Bordillo
10-03-2011, 05:51 PM
You ask what proof do you have that he was at war with the U.S.

They reply we have proof, but it's classified

V3n
10-03-2011, 06:15 PM
We're "at war"...? SHOW ME THE DECLARATION OF WAR.

AJ187
10-03-2011, 06:22 PM
Some of those Hufff post commentators are really scary and classless drones with no ability to reason for themselves, especaillly if Obama is any way involved. Like someone said on here, the establishment has managed to unite the Bush Republican war faction with that of Obama's Democratic war faction. A scary combination......

heavenlyboy34
10-03-2011, 06:58 PM
We're "at war"...? SHOW ME THE DECLARATION OF WAR.
It's around here somewheres...probably next to those WMD's in Iraqistan. ;)

wgadget
10-03-2011, 07:53 PM

Or maybe even the Obamacare bill...?

eduardo89
10-03-2011, 07:53 PM
Or maybe even the Obamacare bill...?

Or Dodd-Frank?

specsaregood
10-03-2011, 07:58 PM
I think it might be probable that if an American refutes his citizenship that it might be that they're just killing some Guy.

Funny enough that wouldn't work with the IRS, they'd still consider him an american and want his money. if the IRS considers you a tax slave citizen then I'd argue you deserve your constitutional rights as a citizen as well.

affa
10-03-2011, 08:12 PM
I read about 100 comments on the article linked to from drudge. depressing. alarming. disgusting.

frodus24
10-04-2011, 10:46 AM
I read about 100 comments on the article linked to from drudge. depressing. alarming. disgusting.

Ditto. I have been reading many of the comments posted and I seriously am going to induce vomiting outside of my house. These people have no clue.

anaconda
10-05-2011, 12:31 AM
Some of those Hufff post commentators are really scary and classless drones with no ability to reason for themselves, especaillly if Obama is any way involved. Like someone said on here, the establishment has managed to unite the Bush Republican war faction with that of Obama's Democratic war faction. A scary combination......

I find liberals get real quiet when you ask them where the "anti-war left" went...

moderate libertarian
10-05-2011, 12:39 AM
Obama impeachment gaining traction:

Ron Paul Says Obama Impeachment Possible Over al-Awlaki Drone AttackOlogy - 15 hours ago

Even Ralph Nader is Calling for an Obama ImpeachmentHuffington Post (blog) - 4 days ago

Michele Bachmann of Minnesota on Wednesday called for President Obama's impeachment.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/the-relentless-conservative/even-ralph-nader-is-calli_b_989140.html

libertyjam
10-05-2011, 10:15 AM
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/10/03/1022272/-Impeach-Barack-Obama

libertyjam
10-05-2011, 10:29 AM

This was posted previously:
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/10/the-secret-memo-that-explains-why-obama-can-kill-americans/246004/
seems to give he best overview.