PDA

View Full Version : Help...New Vista Laptop wont access RP forums!!

Dave Wood
11-05-2007, 04:56 PM
:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Feel like I have tried everything...will NOT open the page at www.ronpaulforums.com

:o:o:o WTF am I missing here? Opens every other RP site fine, every other website for that matter.............. First time dealing with VISTA is leaving A LOT to be desired.

Thanx

jake
11-05-2007, 04:56 PM
try Firefox if you are currently using IE7

Birdlady
11-05-2007, 04:57 PM
/sigh @ Vista
I am sorry I can't help, but I know your frustration when it comes to Vista

Lord Xar
probably your vista security features.. dismantle them.

r3volution
the main page has been lagging today for me also ..

RonPaulCentral
:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Feel like I have tried everything...will NOT open the page at www.ronpaulforums.com

:o:o:o WTF am I missing here? Opens every other RP site fine, every other website for that matter.............. First time dealing with VISTA is leaving A LOT to be desired.

Thanx

Should have bought a Mac... :)

However since you have Vista (horrible) I might suggest you download firefox and use it as your wb browser. You can get it at firefox.com

You are most likely running into security permission issues with IE and Vista.

austin356
11-05-2007, 04:58 PM
RPF works great w/ Vista for me.

Cliff
11-05-2007, 04:59 PM
Accessing the specific forums loads fine for me but the main page is severely lagged. Has nothing to do with Vista.

American
Works for me also, I'm on Vista.

Check your firewall and internet security settings.

Original_Intent
I just bought new hardware and put XP pro on just because I am avoiding Vista like the plague.

Dave Wood
11-05-2007, 05:11 PM
I cant even get the damn thing to accept firefox!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Says Invalid path. This is really frustrating!!!

Thanx for the suggestions. I have lowered all of the security features to minimum, still nada.

I dont understand it. It just sits there, no message. Every other site loads. AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHH.

wolv275
11-05-2007, 05:17 PM
avoid ie64 for a while, not supporting video... stick with firefox (i have vista 64 runs like a dream)

austin356
11-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Vista is great for me. NEVER had A SINGLE PROBLEM. And I have had it for 11 months.

Wait I take that back. I did have one problem. 2 weeks ago there was a wireless network that was somehow incompatible with Vista laptops, but was working with XP laptops. Other than that its been excellent. I am on this machine more than I am off of it also.

Dave Wood
11-05-2007, 05:26 PM
avoid ie64 for a while, not supporting video... stick with firefox (i have vista 64 runs like a dream)

Sorry, Is ie64 jargon for internet explorer 64 bit? If so, my question since I still cant get it to work, is, the vista I have is labeled 32 bit on the side of the box. Is there a problem w/32 bit as well?

I am working hard on Firefox right now, it just wont RUN the program after its downloaded from Mozilla. Have a feeling that Firefox will save the day if I can get it to run:o

Bought the laptop for a reason, to be able to SHOW people on the go what RP is all about. This just pisses me off to no end!!

Dave Wood
11-05-2007, 06:48 PM
IT WAS WINDOWS PHISHING FILTER RUNNING AT THE SAME TIME THE NORTON UTILITIES PHISHING FILTERS WER RUNNING????

When run individually, no problem. In tandem....NO RONPAULFORUMS.COM:(

Working now! Thanx for all assistance on this epic day:D

P.S. If anyone else has a similar problem and you think I can help, please PM me...I would be happy to assist......still dont know Vista very well though:rolleyes: