PDA

View Full Version : Rick Santorum "I Don’t Stay Awake At Night’ Worrying About The Jeering Of A Gay Soldier"-Santorum

Agorism
10-03-2011, 09:23 AM
Rick Santorum: ‘I Don’t Stay Awake At Night’ Worrying About The Jeering Of A Gay Soldier

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-IoSF6GgbAJQ/TinHMtCZptI/AAAAAAAAAks/BTps-SKMfQg/s400/santorum_ice_cream_2.jpg

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2011/10/03/334107/rick-santorum-i-dont-stay-awake-at-night-worrying-about-the-jeering-of-a-gay-soldier/

The issue flared again in the last debate, when Santorum told Stephen Hill, a gay soldier, that he would reinstitute the military’s “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy. Critics knocked him for failing to chastise the audience members who booed at Hill, and for failing to thank Hill for his service.
“In a perfect world,” Santorum said, he would have thanked the soldier. “I don’t stay awake at night thinking about this.” As for the booing, he said he didn’t hear it.

"Santorum, in other words, doesn’t see the reaction as a particular problem, so his apology for failing to speak out against the jeers at the debate is less than sincere. After all, Santorum did not mention the incident during his first appearance on Fox & Friends the morning after the debate (he actually said that soldiers will feel “uncomfortable” and “odd” around openly gay servicemembers) and didn’t condemn the jeering until that afternoon, after a day of criticism from media and conservatives."

specsaregood
10-03-2011, 09:27 AM
But ricky-poo I thought you said we should attack iran partly based on how they treated gays. /jilted

Agorism
10-03-2011, 09:38 AM
But ricky-poo I thought you said we should attack iran partly based on how they treated gays. /jilted

video of this lol?

specsaregood
10-03-2011, 09:39 AM
video of this lol?
it was in one of the debates, when he was going off on the various reasons we have to hate iran. one of his reasons was because of how they treat their gays.

BuddyRey
10-03-2011, 09:53 AM
Pretty Ricky only stays awake at night cowering in fear of people thousands of miles away who live in mudhuts, don't have an air force, and can't afford gasoline.

specsaregood
10-03-2011, 09:55 AM
Pretty Ricky only stays awake at night cowering in fear of people thousands of miles away who live in mudhuts, don't have an air force, and can't afford gasoline.

actually, from watching that youtube clip of the hagee people, it appears he stays awake at night fearing somebody might bring peace to the middle east and that has to be prevented because the only way that is happening is if that person is the anti-christ.

COpatriot
10-03-2011, 02:53 PM
Of course he doesn't worry about it. I'm starting to think he would welcome it.

LBennett76
10-03-2011, 05:28 PM
That picture is PRICELESS! LOL

GeorgiaAvenger
10-03-2011, 05:29 PM
That ice cream looks tasty

No joke