PDA

View Full Version : BTO Fliers...thoughts?

Spanky
10-03-2011, 07:02 AM
We raised the money for 5000 or so fliers which me and a group will be working all of next weekend to pass out and spreading the word.

An idea....do we want to try and raise the $800 for 50,000? I know the price is steep, but I'm throwing in $75, and I figure the pay off will be worth more than the $800. If we did, I have people on the forum and people I know willing to go to Indianapolis and paint the town Paul. Even if we get 2% of people to donate (1000 people) and they only donate $1 we already kick a profit.

Plus it gives us a chance to spread the word in Indy.

I already said if we went this route that I'd be taking a couple days off of my life to go to Indy and pass these out.

Disclaimer: you will not hurt my feelings saying no :) I'm just giving ideas to what I think can help the moneybomb and his campaign in general

Have a great day guys :)

Spanky
10-03-2011, 11:20 AM
I'll just take that as not enough interest, if for some reason someone gets interested I already saved some days next weekend and week to pass out as many as we can raise for. Even if we do say 25k, and 2% of that donated $1, it still profits the moneybomb. Just a thought :)

Update on the first 5k: we are mapping out spots that are going to be high traffic, and I have the volunteers ready to talk.

eduardo89
10-03-2011, 05:49 PM
i like this idea, you should start a chip in

dusman
10-03-2011, 05:49 PM
Say yes, so Spanky can have the web site creator for BlackThisOut.com on hand in Indianapolis. :D

Spanky
10-03-2011, 05:53 PM
Say yes, so Spanky can have the web site creator for BlackThisOut.com on hand in Indianapolis. :D

I like challenges, taking my whole weekend to pass these out, will help me gain attention for Ron, along with get some donations. I plan to "paint the town paul" as I said :)

Spanky
10-03-2011, 05:59 PM
If this gains interest here is the page, I'll take any variant we get to Indy next weekend, the sooner we order the quicker we'll get them before the 19th

I feel like the more we take down there, the more people will check out the site, if they see it's on every car, or every house, they'll have to at the very least check it out and even better spread the word. Plus like I said, I'll be spreading the message in an educated way, maybe tap in to more resources.

http://blackthisoutfliers.chipin.com/ron-paul-black-this-out-fliers

Spanky
10-03-2011, 09:45 PM
If Occupy Indianapolis is in tact by october 16th, not this weekend but the next weekend before the 19th could be a good opportunity for me to sway votes and pass out fliers. Again, this will probably be the last time I bump, we can just go with the 5k fliers if need be :)

Spanky
10-03-2011, 10:58 PM
Actually I'm going to keep bumping this (hopefully not just me), and if we get the ball rolling, I'll donate $75 like I said. I think this is a big investment, but a worthwhile one.

dusman
10-04-2011, 12:12 AM
Bump

mstrmac1
10-04-2011, 12:16 AM
Actually I'm going to keep bumping this (hopefully not just me), and if we get the ball rolling, I'll donate $75 like I said. I think this is a big investment, but a worthwhile one.

Spanky,
I think you need to show proof on your first round of flyers and that it works instead of asking for more money. You'll get the support once you have shown us that your doing it right. I believe in you or I wouldn't have chipped in $110 to the cause. RESULTS FIRST BABY!

Spanky
10-04-2011, 12:19 AM
Spanky,
I think you need to show proof on your first round of flyers and that it works instead of asking for more money. You'll get the support once you have shown us that your doing it right. I believe in you or I wouldn't have chipped in $110 to the cause. RESULTS FIRST BABY!

I agree, my only concern is with such a big order justin said he would need the order in advance, if I plan on taking the days off of school and camping out in Indy for 3 days straight, even some 24 hours day, I will get things done.

I know putting that much faith in a 19 year old is crazy, but it's my generation, and getting my generation involved that will change this country and get things done. Let me be a voice. No risk, no reward. The pictures will be there, the videos will be there. I already stated during the 3 day weekend I will work 20 hour days, 60+ hours in THREE days to make sure this gets done.

But I do agree, just trying to get interest, just in case, so we can get them before the weekend of the 14th-16th.

Thanks by the way, we officially have all locations mapped out, and are ready to go as soon as the fliers get here :D

Spanky
10-04-2011, 12:36 PM
"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?" -Frank Scully

I spent all day mapping out areas in Indy, recruiting, and pm'ing Indy RP members now. Again, if we want to make a push, you have to let the ground troops do some hard work. 3 days-up to 20 hours a day spreading the word...

I'm only bumping to gauge interest, let me know guys :) hopefully the first 10k show up soon.