PDA

View Full Version : Nevada decides to move ahead of FL.

ronpaulyourmom
10-02-2011, 10:19 PM
In contrast to the reports from yesterday, it seems the Nevada GOP has decided to change course and push up their voting date to stay ahead of Florida. I think this is better for us, because the campaign strategy seems to be momentum based and focused on early states, and Nevada was very good for us in 2008 if I recall. Sure the delegates go down, but I think the media attention is worth more in the end.

From Washington Post: Link to Article (http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/campaigns/nevada-republicans-decide-to-move-up-presidential-caucuses-ahead-of-florida/2011/10/02/gIQA7Lp9FL_story.html?wprss=rss_national)

RENO, Nev. — Nevada Republicans have decided to move up their presidential caucuses to stay ahead of Florida’s newly scheduled Jan. 31 primary, a move that will cost the state party half of its delegates to the GOP’s national convention.

“The likelihood of it (nomination) coming down to the convention is really remote,” said David Gallagher, the state party’s executive director. “The bottom line is we’ll have more influence by holding our caucuses after Iowa and New Hampshire.”

No specific new date in January was immediately set for the 2012 caucuses.

Under Nevada GOP rules, the caucuses are held the Saturday after the New Hampshire primary. New Hampshire has yet to set its primary date.

GeorgiaAvenger
10-02-2011, 10:49 PM
Great news for Paul