PDA

View Full Version : Introduce yourself! Who, What, Where, Why!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

JoshLowry
05-11-2007, 04:49 PM
My name is Josh, I live in Houston, TX and I am a big Ron Paul supporter. I am a Realtor by trade and also run http://www.stateofbrain.com.

As far as contributing to Ron Paul, I can talk with my friends and family. I also will be hitting the streets once we get some stuff organized with the Houston Meetup.com group. I think hitting the streets and being active in the offline community is going to be the number one key to getting the word out on this great man.

On the internet I run this website and will try to be as active on here as I can be. I will be working with our online community to make this board one of the best resources possible for Ron Paul grassroot campaigns.

Please share who you are, where you are from, what you do for work, and what kind of special connections or things can you do to help Dr. Ron Paul out. You don't have to provide specifics, but I do want to get to know as many of you supporters out there as I can!

Your turn...

:)

Michael Wilson
05-11-2007, 04:58 PM
My name is Michael Wilson. I am a sailor in the United States Navy and I support everything that Ron Paul has to say. I am part of the Norfolk , VA MeetUp group and my wife and I have been spreading the word, and we plan on doing alot more in months to come.

Phunbaba
05-11-2007, 05:22 PM
My name is Chris Koschik and I am a 26 year old writer from Denver, Colorado. I spent 4 years in the Army in the special forces but, luckily, the end of my term of service expired just a few short months before 911, so I didn't have to spend 10 years in jail for refusing to participate in the war crime that is Iraq and Afghanistan, woohoo!

I guess the best way to describe me politically is, "mad as hell and not gonna take it anymore!". I want a change. Bad. A real change, and I'm not dumb enough to fall for these AIPAC cronies false messages and lies any longer.

Ron Paul's positions are sincere and stand shoulder to shoulder with what this country was founded on. I found this forum and am hoping it will be a place to share ideas, frustrations, information, and even organize things!

Glad to meet you all.

Brian Papke
05-11-2007, 05:23 PM
My name is Brian Papke. I am 31 years old and currently unemployed. looking forward to doing what I can with the Austin Texas meetup group and having a great time being this excited about a candidate.

Sparx
05-11-2007, 05:41 PM
:) I'm Julie and I am a 19 year old college student from Simi Valley, California.

Politically, I am frustrated and disgusted with the direction our country is headed and have since become uplifted by Dr. Paul's candidacy. I am truly humbled by seeing how people of all different backgrounds have become united and continue to unite through his message of freedom and a return to the America that our forefathers intended her to be.

I'm getting the word out with all family and friends as well as mentioning Dr. Paul to anyone I come across on my daily happenings. I am a part of the Pasadena meetup and am motivated and ready to hit the streets and do everything I can to help!

It's really fantastic to meet you all on here and to have a forum where we can speak out and discuss the important issues facing us today.

I am also on myspace and encourage anyone on here to add me if you like.
http://www.myspace.com/3258047

Looking forward to the revolution! ;)

Bryan
05-11-2007, 06:17 PM
I'm Bryan, work as an engineer in Houston and want to restore real freedom in this country. I've been following Dr. Paul for a number of years now and want to do everything I can to help the campaign. I'm part of the Houston Meet-up group.

n664dc
05-11-2007, 06:21 PM
me

Kandilynn
05-11-2007, 06:51 PM
I'm Kandice and I'm a libertarian.

I live in Norfolk, VA and my husband and I started the meetup group for Norfolk. We are both Libertarians, but we are changing our party affiliation to vote for Ron Paul. I found out about Ron Paul from the Myspace Impact and decided that it would be best if I put my support behind him instead of a third party candidate. I am going to do whatever is in my power to support Ron Paul. I am tired of hearing people say that they like Ron Paul but he won't win. I know that if enough people work together that we can get Ron Paul elected.

a_texian
05-11-2007, 07:26 PM
Howdy Everyone! I'm an staunch supporter of Dr. Paul and have been for many years. I'm Conservative Libertarian and I've hoped Paul would run for the presidency for ages now. I'm elated that he decided to throw his hat in the ring.

I'm also fed up with the current state of affairs at almost every level of government. It's been going from bad to worse for decades now and it I do believe it's absolutely UP TO US to make this change happen NOW. Dr. Paul is the catalyst that will make this change happen.

I'm a member of the Austin Meetup Group and am really looking forward to getting involved with as many of y'all as possible - whether online or in person - so that together we can "make this dog hunt" (as we country folk say).

A bit about myself: I'm a Primitive Contractor, which is a fancy way of saying I build log cabins (new and refurbishments, etc.) for a living. I'm also a rancher (which isn't much of a living ... trust me). My wife and I are also avid living historians, and reenact the Texas Revolution and Republic of Texas era (c.1836). Although there's not much in the way of active links, I do have a website with us in our period duds at www.texianranch.com.

I'm glad to be a part of this forum.

giskard
05-11-2007, 08:04 PM
Jason, mid 30s engineer in Silicon Valley. I have been apathetic towards politics, and fatalistic and pessimistic about the future of the country... until I heard of Ron Paul's stands. I never thought there was a politician anywhere who wasn't a self-serving money-grubbing bureaucrat. I don't align myself anywhere on the Con/Lib axis. In fact I am amazed how polarized the country is, that people think there is only one axis, that they have to side with one or the other but not both. Honestly I think it's a distraction...

We have to get RP's message out.....

Fr. Bruce
05-11-2007, 08:58 PM
Hello all. My name is Bruce and I am a professional trombone player as well as private teacher. In the past i have been somewhat against the establishment, to put it lightly. Now with Dr. Paul i feel a sense of hope... I am still against the establishment, just not Dr. Paul's establishment. ;-)

I have temporarily moved to Dallas, TX from Atlanta, GA. I can tell you that just about all my friends in the ATL are pro Ron Paul... Thank god because i would have many friends if they weren't. :D

metta,
Fr. B.

MBA2008
05-11-2007, 10:57 PM
I am 30 yo financial analyst and MBA student in Austin, Texas. I believe (as did George Washington) that political parties destroy the political process. I do not belong to a political party, and I don't anticipate ever joining one.

I have always been a supporter of Ron Paul, and I am considering moving to the Texas coast after graduation so that I can live in his district (Lloyd Dogget -ugh!). Of course that may not be necessary if we manage to get him elected.

On May 24th, I will be meeting Dr. Paul at his Congressional office in DC. I will make sure that I share with him the dedication & support that everyone out here on the "internets" has for him.

I am pleased to be a member here.

MBA2008

classavox
05-12-2007, 01:55 AM
My name is Brian proudly from Ron Pauls hometown of Pittsburgh. I believe that the republicans and democrats are one in the same. They are the empire. The people are the Republic. We the people will win one way or another. The empire will lose even if Ron Paul is not elected or if there is some type of attack to scare us. This grassroots effort, Ron Paul educating the the United States and the World will lead to the elites versus the people in one way or another.

Vote for yourself.
We will win.
Revolution will happen if the people do not win.
People are the vote.
The empire is the elite.
Truth is Truth.
Freedom is Freedom.

In 1984 state is all that matters not the person.
Do not be a zombie. Do not conform to any party.
Read Brave New World and, 1984.
That is where we will be if Ron Paul is not elected.
National ID watch Rudy and McCain at the Regan Libary Debate May 07.
Democrat presidental canidates also support this ID.
If he is not elected the people have no say.
If the people have no say in the vote then the people must revolt.

dagnytaggart
05-12-2007, 08:52 AM
I'm Shannon and live in Bandera, TX. Ron Paul introduced me to the Lib party in 1988, the first year I was eligible to vote, and I am forever in his debt!

I have four young children and I used to be a teacher.

I am excited about a presidential election for the first time in 20 years!

chopdave
05-12-2007, 09:59 AM
Dave, I live in Northern Ca. I had become disillusioned with the whole political process and how Washington works until Ron Paul announced his run for the white house. It is refreshing to hear a genuine statesman and man of integrity speak. I believe the ultimate reform of the federal governement will not happen until we do what is fundamentally needed.

1. We need to have a sound currency backed by gold to reign in the deficit spending that leads to inflation and the great transfer of wealth to the average citizen to wall street.

2. Abolish the IRS and repeal the 16th amendment. This will hamper the Fed from the theft of private property of the average citizen.

3. We need a non-interventionist foreign policy. Not an isolationist policy as so many in the mainstream label this. We still trade and have relations with other countries of the world.

These three things will go a long way in restoring our republic to the way it was intended to be by our founding fathers.
I believe Ron Paul is the man for the job in 2008.

Greg Chudy
05-12-2007, 03:33 PM
Greg Chudy

amonasro
05-12-2007, 04:54 PM
My name's Aaron and I'm 26 from Cincinnati. I'm a professional musician (singer) and our craft has been slowly going downhill because government is cutting funding for the arts due to overspending everywhere else!

I'm just hungry for a change in America and am impressed by Dr. Paul's intelligence and ideas. I want to keep this country great!

Jay
05-12-2007, 05:42 PM
Im Jay From Va. Today on A.M. "talk" radio the "Money Talk" program was
conducting an interview w/ John Zogby. The major "poller". Discussing '08 candidates, they stayed focused on all the "major players"(Mccain, Guiliani,Clinton,Obama,).Talking Republicans, the host called Guiliani a "true conservative", and spoke of the other candidates "conservative credentials".After what seemed like talking point eternity, the host says, in a cynical tone: "What about Ron Paul? We hadda Ron Paul supporter call in earlier". John Zogby (in a calm, self assurred tone:"Wellllll, Ron Paul is a LIBERTARIAN candidate" who may "have some support among Libertarians and the anti war crowd" may get "2or 3%".
Ron Paul, maybe the last real CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICAN, has been
marginalised by the nations leading "poll guy".Someone of Zogbys ilk would certainly know Pauls party affiliation. Its his job! Yet they write him off and characterize him as just another fringe "anti war Libertarian". It could not be more apparent that Paul is a true theat to the Status Quo. And perhaps, this country's
only hope in '08. Get Movin, and good day.

Scribbler de Stebbing
05-12-2007, 07:13 PM
Marianne, 38 yo, from Excelsior MN. I Digg as mstebbins, and my other identies (MySpace, blogger, flicker, god-knows-what-else-I've-signed-up-for-in-the-pursuit-of-Ron-Paul's-election) are usually either Scribbler de Stebbing or mstebbins. I blog at both John Adams Blog (http://www.johnadamsblog.blogspot.com/), a blog of my debate society and my own, more Paul-friendly blog, On Scribbler's Mind (http://onscribblersmind.blogspot.com/).

I've long straddled the Republican/Libertarian fence, but have become somewhat fed up with many of my GOP friends over their blind loyalty to this damn war.

ronpaulitician
05-12-2007, 07:26 PM
Permanent resident, but hope to be a citizen soon, so that I'll be able to vote for Dr. Ron Paul.

Have lived in US (Los Angeles) for 10 years now. Married, 4 pets. A bit of a recluse, but willing to get out of my shell in order to support Dr. Paul. Joined a local Ron Paul meetup group (Pasadena), but now that I've heard Ron Paul speak, every day seems like a week, and I can't wait to do my best to contribute to his campaign.

Brandybuck
05-12-2007, 07:54 PM
My name is David, and I'm a huge Ron Paul fan. I first discovered Ron Paul in 1987, when he started his first presidential bid. If not for Ron Paul, I don't think I would be a libertarian. Now that he's running again twenty years later, I'm ecstatic.

SlapItHigh
05-12-2007, 08:32 PM
Hello, I'm Erin, a 28 year old freelance designer and mother to two young children. We live on the east coast of VA. I am a libertarian and am raising my children in liberty as well. I'm very excited about the potential for Ron Paul to reach a lot of people with the freedom message and I want to do everything I can to help him with that.

dwdollar
05-12-2007, 09:18 PM
Hello,

My name is Dustin Dollar and I grew up on an Indiana farm. In 2001 I joined the Air Force and was stationed here in Oklahoma City. I left the military in 2005 and now I'm an Electrical Engineering student at the University of Oklahoma.

I'm registered as an Independent but I might switch to Republican just so I can vote in the primary for Ron Paul. I have never fit on the one dimensional liberal/conservative line either.

I have never been this excited about a candidate before. In 2004 I didn't even vote because I refused to choose between a joker and a clown. I don't know much about campaigning but right now I'm trying to tell as many people as I can about Ron Paul.

Ayn's Closet
05-13-2007, 04:52 PM
Hi everybody!!!

We're Ayn's Closet. There are five of us here, and we're all doing everything we can think of to help Ron Paul get elected. We had been making t-shirts and other products for a while when one of us had the bright idea to start a Ron Paul section of the store and donate half the profits to the Ron Paul campaign. It really took off, and we're now able to give 100% of the profits. Of course it helps us pay the bills when we sell some of our other stuff, lol, but the focus is on the Ron Paul products.

This looks like a great forum - we're really happy to be here!

Ron Paul '08!!!

www.aynscloset.com

rinkuhero
05-14-2007, 05:13 AM
Paul Eres, in Paterson, New Jersey. I'm an independent game developer (http://studioeres.com/games/). I also run the Ron Paul LiveJournal community, so if any of you are on LiveJournal feel free to join it: http://ronpaul2008.livejournal.com (I'm "rinku" there).

mlpyeatt
05-14-2007, 09:12 AM
My name is Matt Pyeatt. I am the oldest grandson of Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX). I am a school teacher in Texas. (US History) I am married and have a young son. I am 26 years old.

I have been taught by the best from the perspective of economics, foreign policy, and limited government. I really began to think and listen to my grandfather when I was 14 years old. This date happens to coincide with my first of seven readings of The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand.

I have worked on campaigns for my grandfather since 1996. I have learned a lot from the man that many of you have come to support for president.

One thing I can tell you about him is that he is as genuine in person as he is on television. He truly believes the things he says, backs them up with his votes in Congress, and lives a very normal and happy life in Texas.

Craig_R
05-14-2007, 09:38 AM
I'm Craig Royce, 32, machinist, Libertarian. I live in a little town in Wisconsin doing what I can to spread the message, glad to be here

Gabecpa
05-14-2007, 01:26 PM
Gabe, 24, accountant from central Minnesota. I have participated in the Independence Party of Minnesota caucuses in the past, was district chairman for a year, but now I am going to infiltrate the Republican Primary and get an actual fiscal conservative elected.

voortrekker
05-14-2007, 03:47 PM
Hello everyone!

My name is Brett and I am an intolerant Constitutionalist living in Austin, TX.

I believe Ron Paul is the only acceptable candidate for president.

When I heard he was officially running, it brought tears of joy to my eyes.

Ron Paul is the only one who can bring the Bill of Rights and the Constitution, the heart of America, back to life.

Erazmus
05-14-2007, 04:05 PM
I'm a network administrator living near Sacramento, Ca. I consider myself an amateur political analyst. I follow along the lines of a libertarian / constitutionalist. So you can see why I am obviously drawn to Ron Paul. I am sickened at the amount of civil liberties people willingly threw away to the fear mongering neo-con bush administration. Even more liberties have been eroded away due to the nation’s complacency and to this administration’s duplicity.

I thoroughly look forward to Ron Paul’s inauguration.

Lesgov
05-14-2007, 04:33 PM
Hi everyone,
This is great, a forum to get all us hoodlums together. I'm from New Hampshire, and I have a problem: I can't wean myself from Ron Paul. Looks like I'm stuck with this problem for the next couple of years.

RUN RON RUN VOTE RON PAUL, WIN A FREE REPUBLIC

Les

romelll
05-14-2007, 07:39 PM
My name is Pete and I heard about Ron Paul thanks to a local show in the Norfolk area, the Tony Macrini Show heard 6-10 on AM 790. His show is also available on the internet on WNIS. He plugs Dr. Paul. It has been a few years. In fact they use to post a story about Davy Crockett that they got from Ron's site years ago. A priceless piece.
I consider myself a libertarian. My family had a long tradition of voting Republican since Lincoln. With the current administration I felt we were led astray as to how conservative they really were.
I am trying to spread the word as best I can.

jimmyjamsslo
05-14-2007, 10:05 PM
I was never interested in politics or history until 911 occurred. Since then it has been one of my obsessions. I am a long-haired hippy-type jazz/rock musician that works at a coffee shop in Central California. I always thought that I was a liberal, I guess I am in respect to women's rights, gay rights and the like, though I am on the fence about some abortion issues, especially Partial Birth abortion. More and more, I am beginning to realize that I am actually a libertarian. Listening to Ron Paul's speeches, I have learned that Republicans have never lived up to the standards of the platform that the party is supposed to represent, i.e limited scope of government, fiscal responsibility, et al. I discovered Ron Paul shortly after 911, when he was one of the few congresspeople decrying the patriot act, as well as one of the few politicians who seems to have any inkling about the sound principles that this country was founded upon. I have told people for years about this maverick politician from Texas, and have throughout the years said that I would support him in a bid for his presidency. This is the first time I've been excited about ANY political candidate. Also, the first time I have registered to vote as a Republican, a big move for me. I intend to urge everyone to vote for Dr. Paul as a write-in candidate in Nov. '08 if he should fail to win the primaries. In the last election I voted for 'the lesser-of-two-evils', John Kerry, however, this time I will vote from my conscience and from my heart, and that vote is for Ron Paul! Lastly, I would like to get personally involved with Mr. Paul's campaign somehow.

That's it for now, glad to be here.
Jimmy

aravoth
05-15-2007, 12:13 AM
Ken Edwards here. Been a fan of Dr. Paul for a few years. Once I saw how he performed in the debate I figured I should do something to help. I was appaled to see the utter lack of coverage on Dr. Paul due to a media blackout. I don't have much money, But I got a computer. And so, Like an Illegal Alien with a plan I chose to evade those annoying borders.

www.youtube.com/aravoth

I'll be updating my videos and continue to put out meaningful, non character smearing work as the debates continue.

Please folks. Show your support for Ron Paul by showing your support for him, not by showing your lack of support for another canidate. There is no need to marginalize him like that. Congressman Paul is above that. And so are we.

ratsbew
05-15-2007, 08:35 AM
I am currently residing in North Dakota and have decided to support Ron Paul mostly because I have many (many) hours of free time with nothing to do. I am not a total die hard Ron Paul fan, I do disagree with some of what he says. I DO support the current war which is one of the main topics that we diverge on. You can check out some of my websites below and help support Ron Paul.

qednick
05-15-2007, 08:46 AM
Just a quick hello from San Antonio, Texas.

I can't vote yet (not yet a US citizen) but I'm going to try and help spread the word. I've seen what mega-government big-brother nanny-statism has done to my native Britain which is why I support the Doc's values. :cool: I hate to see the U.S. going down the same route.

cujothekitten
05-15-2007, 08:58 AM
Hi everyone :D

My name is Jen and I'm 31 year old currently living in Chicago. I've been a supporter of Ron Paul for a couple years now and I'm really looking forward to seeing him shine as a presidential candidate.

I'm really excited about these forums, thanks for creating them!

Texasmom
05-15-2007, 11:36 AM
Hi, I'm Linda from Midland Texas. Work as an independant contractor doing electrical/instrument design in the petrochemical industry. I'm 50 years old, prior to this year I had no political interest or opinions whatsoever. Events of the last few years have changed that. I find that I can agree with and support most of Dr Paul's positions, and I will do whatever I can to help his campaign.

Lesgov
05-15-2007, 03:43 PM
Welcome Texasmom,
Glad ya made it over here. These people are serious for Ron. ( I'm NHboy)

Teflon Master
05-15-2007, 04:25 PM
My name is Teflon and I'm the master of it. I got the link from Sherdog forums, the war room.

cujothekitten
05-15-2007, 04:27 PM
My name is Teflon and I'm the master of it. I got the link from Sherdog forums, the war room.

Are you the Teflon Master from IC Database and PW?

Teflon Master
05-15-2007, 04:33 PM
Are you the Teflon Master from IC Database and PW?

From the old days, they don't like me around those parts :(

JoshLowry
05-15-2007, 04:39 PM

Excellent, every forum needs a Teflon Master.

Glad to have you aboard, every member that has joined up is very valuable to Dr.Paul's campaign.

Reading everyone's introductions is very inspiring. We should be able to exchange some great ideas and organize some working "strategies for success." Things are really warming up!

abouthadit
05-15-2007, 04:43 PM
Semper FI
58 yr old former Marine, member of Constitution Party, registered as Repub., been a fan of Ron Paul for a long long time. Lived in Victoria TX in the heart of his district and would again if it would help. Ron Paul is the only Jeffersonian federalist going who understands the constitutional limits to our leviathan federal bureaucracy.

GO RON PAUL.

HOORAH.

kelldor
05-16-2007, 02:59 AM
Hi, I am Kelldor. I live in Washington State. I 1st heard of Ron Paul when I saw America: Freedom to Fascism (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsZO6G7dfpI) in early January. That moment for me was "taking the red pill". I was Neo-Conned, bad. I loved watching Faux News. Big O was my hero.

Since then I spent some time apologizing to my friends and family for being so stupid, and dumming them down with my regurgitated garbage. I am thinking more clearly now, able to think for myself, and I completed my internal re-evaluation of my political leanings. Previously I put myself in the "South Park Conservative" category, which is not conservative for the sake of being conservative, it's just plain being sick of whiny liberals is all. Now days, after doing lots of research into Ron Paul, I have found myself checking out other parties.

I looked at the Libertarian Party, but I don't like their position on illegal immigration, and that they would just end social security w/o trying to fix it 1st. Now I'm liking what I see from the Constitution Party. So far in their poll, they appear to be supporting Ron Paul as well.

I have been interested in foreign policy for a long time, and i was really for this new doctrine of pre-emption. I had read articles at the Council on Foreign Relations site often, before I came to know that they are the bad guys.

I used to hate conspiracy nuts, now I am one, lol! I spend a lot of hours doing research into topics I was not previously interested in though, and fortunately I have learned a lot from it. I don't think I would have increased my knowledge or come around in my thinking if it wasn't for Dr. Paul, and for that, I say "Thank you".

My research has led me to some very startling conclusions about the real state of our nation though. I am extremely concerned about this North American Union/SPPI/Trans-Texas Corridor/Transatlantic Economic Integration with the EU. Ron Paul is the only candidate that I have heard to speak on this topic. I write my senators and representatives a lot, but to no avail, they are all bought and paid for by special interests. Their replies just suck!

In closing, I'd like to leave 1 bit of advice, cause it worked on me. If you have someone you care about, and they don't have a clue, show them America: Freedom to Fascism, and spark their interest into the corruption within the Federal Reserve system. The reason is, that if you can grasp the fact that we have been royally screwed over since 1913 while not even realizing it, all of a sudden it makes you more open to the other possibilities as far as what other things our government has been doing without our knowledge.

I am glad to be able to join you on this forum! Go Ron Paul!!

Kelldor

CurtisLow
05-16-2007, 08:57 AM
Hi all !
My name is Kirk and I live in Pennsylvania. I'm a green party member but will be switching my party to republican so I can vote for Dr. Paul in the primary.
The whole thing is about change. Bringing back American values and rights. And I'm all for that. Keep up the good work!

My youtube name is CrazyCurtisLow

Horace
05-16-2007, 12:19 PM
Greg, 40s, work in IT in the DC area. Small "l" libertarian.

I want Paul to have enough of a voice to influence the outcome of the GOP primaries. The Republicans have picked up some nasty bedfellows and have relied on bad habits for too long, and the two outcomes if they continue in that direction are a descent into fascism on the right and political domination by an increasingly liberal party on the left, as the right becomes doctrinaire and irrelevant. I'm backing Paul to redeem the GOP. My expectation is it will take the Republicans at least one more bloody nose until they Get The Message, just as it took the Dems 12 years of losing before they figured out their product wasn't selling any more.

angelatc
05-16-2007, 01:01 PM
Hi everybody,

I'm Angela, 43 year-old homemaker from a Chicago suburb. I've read Dr. Paul's writings for years and always thought he was on target with most issues.

I call myself a conservative, but since I feel that the GOP has been hijacked by the religious right and big business, I hate to think of myself as a Republican.

I don't necessarily agree with the Libertarian philosophy on the environment: I'm not buying the whole "global Warming" hype, but I'm old enough to remember when the Miami River in Cleveland caught on fire, and the cost of litigation is far too great for that to truly be the only recourse.

There's a couple of other issues too, but I'm estatic to see anything resembling a conservative capturing an iota of the spotlight.

ARealConservative
05-16-2007, 01:13 PM
My Name is Eric.

I'm 36 - married - and have two young children.

I live in Illinois and work primarily in Iowa - as a programming consultant

I've been a long time fan of Ron Paul and love that he is introducing real conservative ideas back into the GOP.

This is only the second time in my life I have donated money to a politician and I wish to do more.

swatmc
05-16-2007, 02:29 PM
My name is Mike, I am 23 and I live in New York. I work for a television studio in Manhattan but I am looking to change jobs very soon in exchange for a job with a bit more "freedom of expression."

I am a recovering neo-conservative. Used to be big fan of Hannity and Rush Limbaugh. Found Ron Paul through the internet.

I like Ron Paul because he represents change. He represents a legitamite alternative to the left wing vs. right wing football game that has taken over the country.

I believe in the Constitution. I believe the government should stay the hell out of our business. I believe in personal responsibility, working hard, fighting for what is right, and that human progress is the most important thing.

I believe that Americans are spoiled and need a good swift kick in the ass to remind them to fight for their way of life.

Feel free to myspace me, the more the merrier.

http://www.myspace.com/6852503

-Mike C

P.S. I am also looking to make a move to Austin, Texas sometimes soon and would love to BS with people about the film and political scene down there.

llamabread
05-16-2007, 07:07 PM
Hi, my name is Theo Roth. I'm almost sixteen, and am going into my 10th grade year in the fall. Sadly, I will not be able to vote for Ron, but I still can in all the internet polls and the like.

My political views are just now coming into place, but I lean conservative with more libertarian views, but I also support a strong military and plan on entering the ROTC in college.

Currently, I am trying to convince as many people as possible to vote for Ron Paul (actually, its more like get as many people as possible to find out who Ron Paul is). I have about got my dad worked over, but my mom is a hard sell (All she knows right now is "I'm NOT voting for another Clinton!"). Also, I'm trying to start some stuff up at school, but since were almost out, it might have to wait till next year.

Hopefully the rest of you guys can carry the load.:)

hauckeye
05-16-2007, 07:23 PM
Hi, I'm Matt from Columbus, OH. A 24 year old graduate of The Ohio State University. I will keep it short. If there is anyone else in the area that would like to meet up feel free to contact me. We have the Nations largest college to reach out to. And remember who ever wins Ohio wins the election!

jenindallas
05-16-2007, 07:39 PM
I am Jennifer, age 28. I live in Dallas and am about to start the Dallas meetup group. I found Ron Paul through my husband. I have a low level job and two children.

We have been telling everyone we know about RP and they are starting to listen. I am starting small, with my myspace page and my yahoo messenger. But hopefully, I can soon really have my voice heard.

www.myspace.com/kryia

surf
05-16-2007, 11:15 PM
Name is Tim from Seattle area. A 40 year old libertarian, i ran for State Treasurer in 2000. Formerly a $billion investment portfolio manager investing primarily in gov't debt instruments - how ironic as i was educated about freedom in HS.

I frequently have LTEs published in the Seattle papers, and often quote Dr. Paul directly (including a recent one on the AP coverage of the first debate). Will register - with reservation - as a R - and work with a few other libertarians to try and influence the delagate allocation for this state. We have a caucus system, so would be curious to find out if anyone else has tried to influence or been involved in this process.

I'm very much a social liberal and a fiscal conservative.

The good doctor makes me very proud.

Buggan
05-17-2007, 06:45 AM
My name is Martin and I'm a 19 year old student who lives in Luleå, Sweden. I'm really interested in American politics and I see myself as a libertarian/classic conservative. I read books by authors such as Ayn Rand and Milton Friedman.

"Europe was created by history. America was created by philosophy." Margaret Thatcher

In Sweden we dont read about the constitution in school, but I have read it on the Internet and I think it's one of the greatest documents ever written. I believe America can be great again if it goes back to the values of the constitution. A big problem today is that government has waay to much power. Government is what creates injustice and economic inequality, in Sweden we have a really big government and it's only a source of great trouble.

I believe every American wants the constituion to be followed and if Ron Paul gets nominated he will win. America needs to be restored to what it was meant to be.

"A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor and bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government." Thomas Jefferson

/Martin Bucht

dannyxman161
05-17-2007, 08:41 PM
lOVE THE IDEA ...We the soldiers were sworn to defend the constitution from both afar and domestic it isnt hard to follow a man that stands for the same.: I can respect someone who stands his ground keeps his word and speaks truth he has my vote.:

mdh
05-17-2007, 08:49 PM
Howdy! I'm Matt. I sell Diebold voting machines and the votes to go with 'em! (OK, just kidding - I work in information security.) I'm from the Morgantown, WV area, and am registered Libertarian. I've been around the libertarian community for a while now, here and elsewhere, and I'm glad to see Dr. Paul pursuing this nomination, even if it is as a Republican (but hell, fixes the ballot access issue...) If he/we can pull out a R primary win, then anything is possible. His performance at the R debate sure put his name on the map. Here's to politics we're not disgusted at! If you don't smile every time you see my avatar, you have no soul.

PS; Buggan, it's neat to see a Swede here - I've got a few real good Swedish friends who tell me how hosed up the political landscape there is. :-(

Joe Liberty
05-18-2007, 05:52 AM
I was so impressed with Ron Paul's performance in the SC debate that I sent him a check on Wednesday.

lbadragan
05-18-2007, 12:10 PM
Are we sure Ron Paul wasn't born sometime in the 18th century and been a founding father or our nation?

I'm Lee Badragan from Aurora, IL. I work in Medical Billing (though I'm between jobs at the moment). And I absolutely love Ron Paul. Would love to meet him. I made a donation to his campaign, bought a bumper sticker, and will do everything I can to get him elected. If a bunch of peasants defeated the British Empire to form this great nation, Ron Paul can win the presidency.

murph
05-19-2007, 09:26 AM
I'm John and I live in Richmond, VA. I figured this would be a good place for my first post to this forum.

Ron Paul is the first presidential candidate who has really energized me to take action. Since yesterday I have:

-spent 3-4 hours reading and watching about Ron's campaign on the internet
-sent a donation to the campaign
-ordered liberty cards
-joined this forum

I would describe myself as an independent who is fed up with the status quo of our federal government. I know there is a group in the Tidewater area. If anyone in the Richmond, VA area wants to get a Ron Paul group started, send me an email.

tnvoter
05-19-2007, 01:19 PM
I'm in knoxville, tn

a proud supporter of my local Congressman Duncan, who is also big supporter of Ron Paul.

I will be doing everything I can for Ron Paul's campaign because I've found hope for my country with this man.

randolphus maximus
05-19-2007, 02:04 PM
Randy, San Diego, a Reagan Republican who has watched his party over the years move further and further away from Reagans conservatism. I, correspondingly, have moved further towards being a hardcore Constitutionalist (I think I just made that word up).

I always think its funny how the top 3 candidates talk about appointing strict constructionists to the supreme court but, based on their positions on issues, don't think that the Constitution applies to them.

Anyway, I'm here because Ron Paul's record shows that he will strictly and unfailingly follow the Constitution. I think THAT is the way to fix the ills of this country. I also think that RP's title should be "The Strict Constructionist President"

Scribbler de Stebbing
05-19-2007, 02:14 PM
I'm John and I live in Richmond, VA. I figured this would be a good place for my first post to this forum.

Ron Paul is the first presidential candidate who has really energized me to take action. Since yesterday I have:

-spent 3-4 hours reading and watching about Ron's campaign on the internet
-sent a donation to the campaign
-ordered liberty cards
-joined this forum

I would describe myself as an independent who is fed up with the status quo of our federal government. I know there is a group in the Tidewater area. If anyone in the Richmond, VA area wants to get a Ron Paul group started, send me an email.

John (and the rest of you), Now go here: http://www.digg.com/invitefrom/mstebbins and register, then under your profile, go to the friends tab. (I think mstebbins will be there automatically.) You'll see everything I've dugg. Digg everything there that you agree with. Then visit Digg.com a couple times a day and repeat.

Next, create a profile on MySpace.com if you don't already have one. Add as a friend RonPaul2008.

Then go to http://www.ronpaulpresshub.com/wiki/index.php?title=Polls#column-one and vote for RP in all the polls there. Check back once a week or so for new polls.

Then join your state Yahoo Group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/XX4RonPaul/, where XX is your state abbrieviation.

I'm leaving some things out, but this well get you started.

Welcome aboard! You're a great patriot!

TheConstitutionLives
05-19-2007, 11:16 PM
I'm James from Tupelo, MS

Hotty Toddy! Go Rebels!

BuddyRey
05-20-2007, 06:43 AM
Hey, Folks! I'm Barrett, 23 from Stallings, North Carolina. I'm a singer/musician/composer and also a part-time trucker. Registered Independent whose views occupy the lower-left quadrant (see the awesome website politicalcompass.org for clarification!) and tend to vote Democratic, through I'm extremely put off by their choices this year ('cept for Mike Gravel). Found out about Ron Paul and just couldn't believe what a breath of fresh air he was. Politicians of true decency, common sense, and candor do not grace the national debate as often as they should, and Paul is an exemplar of these virtues. What I'm most astounded by is how so many people from all over the political spectrum gravitate to Paul. It just goes to show that truth is truth, and a good guy is a good guy, no matter what corner of the room you're looking at him from. I look forward to getting to know the folks here, and finding out how best to go to work to put Ron Paul right where he belongs...in the Oval Office! Ron Paul in '08!

TheDuke
05-20-2007, 07:16 AM

qedtanya
05-20-2007, 08:44 AM
Tanya here from San Antonio Texas. Can I just say that I really hate politics?! Not just government but at work as well. That being said, I am so glad that Dr. Paul is running for the nomination and I hope like hell he wins because if it comes to the alternative, I'm moving out of the country!

mdh
05-20-2007, 08:55 AM
If he doesn't get the nomination, I'll just vote for whoever the LP puts up.

Active Radio
05-20-2007, 09:44 AM
Hey my name's Rob and I'm from MA. I'll get to know more of you here as time goes on.

I've been impressed with Ron Paul has been saying for a few months now. I'm shocked at the attention he is finally getting!

xcalybur
05-20-2007, 02:02 PM
Hello, my name is Chris and I live in Colorado Springs, CO. I am in the Air Force and will be leaving in 1 month from 6 years of service. I will be moving my family to Houston, TX soon to work for NASA. I hope to be a bigger and bigger part of this great movement.

Thanks.

mdh
05-20-2007, 02:11 PM
xcalybur, just don't drive cross country in any diapers, now, and you'll be aiight.

xcalybur
05-20-2007, 02:41 PM
That's funny. Don't plan on it.

monknj80
05-20-2007, 04:57 PM
Hi, My name is Tony. I'm 27 and a life long Lib/Dem. I just learned of Ron Paul after the first GOP debate and his word sparked and interest in me so I took the time to look him up and actually find out where he stands on things. I think this man is the what this country really needs and it was just so refreshing to watch a candidte speak the truth. THe more I hear him speak the more he wins me over. I would love him take on the rest of the candidates one on one where they both get equal time.

mconder
05-20-2007, 05:16 PM
37 year old systems engineer, wife and 4 kids. I'm the Organizer of the Ron Paul 2008 Southern Utah Meetup.

My political interest peaked during the Ross Perot days and about that same time discovered The John Birch Society. I learned a lot from the Birchers and I have been involved one way or another in the patriot movement ever since.

I am pleased to day I have never voted for a major party candidate and will continue to vote for the person most closely aligned with me values regardless of there chances of winning.

I am sick of all the naysayers in and out of the Ron Paul circle. The founders of this country gave their lives, families and personal fortunes for the cause of liberty. If your one of those saying "I like Ron Paul, but he has no chance of winning," then you might as well be working for the opposition. I don't think I need to tell any of you, this man is the real deal.

I can't tell you how many times I have wished Jefferson could time travel to now and fix this mess...to tell them all that this is not what they had in mind. Of course he would probably be called unpatriotic and denounced as a traitor. Well, now I can stop with my delusions of colonial men coming back from the dead, because we have the next best thing here with us now! The question is what are we willing to sacrifice? Can we be counted on to give a little of our free time after work to drum up support for Ron? It really doesn't seem too much to ask for to save this country...God help us!!!

Minuteman2008
05-20-2007, 08:31 PM
My name is Chris. I'm from Illinois and I'm 38 years old with one daughter so far (we plan to have another child soon). I'm a conservative (not necessarily a Republican) who served in the Marines from '90 to '94. I support Paul because he is far and away the most conservative of all the candidates (I also like Tom Tancredo and Duncan Hunter).

In addition to Paul's stance on conservative foreign policy, his beliefs about the threats from illegal immigration and free trade also appeal to me. I first heard of Ron Paul from being involved in the Minuteman Project (which was started by Constitution Party candidate Jim Gilchrist, someone I really admire).

Mainstream candidates from both parties have disregarded the effects on the middle class regarding open borders and free trade. There are really only three candidates who address this at all, and those are Hunter, Tancredo, and Paul. While Iraq has been a disaster, the effects of this administration's open borders policy is going to be even worse, long term, for this nation. Like Pat Buchanan has long said, the nation is being transformed against its will into a third world country. It is going to take a true conservative to put a stop to this open borders ideology that will only dissolve the middle class and cause balkanization.

I don't believe in conspiracy theories, but I do believe that the more mainstream candidates picked by the media don't have America's best interests at heart. Only corporate America benefits from our current policies, and it's time to let the American people have a say in what kind of nation we want to be.

Seth M.
05-20-2007, 09:09 PM
I live north of Houston... Conroe - New Caney area... I suck... lol meaning i was in the military during 2000 (Marine Corps) and voted for Bush :( fooled, i was young dont hate me... I got out just prior to (that September day) as they call it and moved on.. im married and have 3 little monkeys. I discovered Ron Paul once a year or two ago.. and am totally amazed by him. Hero material. I havent joined any meetup groups yet I will soon. Ive donated close to 100 to the Ron Paul campaign and will be donating more prolly 50 or more a month. I work for a bank service company. I love it. I love my country more and my family even more. :)

Good Dr. Ron Paul is the doctor with the cure. Our government needs a diet and a little reminding of good nutrition. :)

mdh
05-20-2007, 09:19 PM
Bush's message in 2000 really didn't ring of what was to come following 9/11. I guess he just saw the oppurtunity and took it? He would've just been another blah president in a very long line of very blah presidents had 9/11 not occured.

abstrusezincate
05-20-2007, 09:41 PM
My name is Tom and I'm a 26 year old guy living in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I've worked for a Republican here and there, hoping to hear someone spread a message of small government and respectful of individual liberty.

I had never heard of Ron Paul until the first debate, but after hearing him speak, and reading about his record, I knew this was a man I could support.

It's about principles over party, patriotism over pandering, and hope over fear.

I've already donated to the campaign, and I'm organizing a meetup group for this city. I hope to do more and find some help and friends, for myself and for this country in this campaign.

Patrick Henry
05-20-2007, 09:43 PM
Hi,

My name is Jeremy. I live in Boston MA and have been a Ron Paul fan for about 10 or more years. I am 29 years old and am excited like never before to offer the precious franchise, my vote... to the good Dr.

I am very conservative. I voted for Buchanan in 2000 and Michael Peroutka in 2004. While both of those men great defenders of the constitution and liberty, the good Dr. has lit a fire in me and I believe a fire in the hearts of millions across this country, the silent majority if you will. I truly believe that there is going to be a ground swell of support. The time has never been better for peoples ears to open up and hear the message of liberty. The good Dr. is going to surprise everyone shortly, especially the neocon warmongers who still believe the people are still for there total disgrace of governance and global mayhem.

Jeremy

DrKevorkian
05-20-2007, 09:51 PM
I'm phil, a student in buffalo.
I've known about paul for a long time because of his being the only libertarian in congress, a position i've held for as long as i can remember. As soon as i heard he was running i knew how important it was for him to at least get his message out to the people regardless of his chances.

deborak
05-21-2007, 10:54 AM
I'm Debora, a long time Libertarian in central VA. Like many others, I have always been impressed by Ron Paul and am thrilled he is running.

nevesis
05-21-2007, 01:56 PM
Jason, mid 30s engineer in Silicon Valley. I have been apathetic towards politics, and fatalistic and pessimistic about the future of the country... until I heard of Ron Paul's stands. I never thought there was a politician anywhere who wasn't a self-serving money-grubbing bureaucrat. I don't align myself anywhere on the Con/Lib axis. In fact I am amazed how polarized the country is, that people think there is only one axis, that they have to side with one or the other but not both. Honestly I think it's a distraction...

We have to get RP's message out.....

Ryan Meyer, early 20s, self-employed in West Des Moines, Iowa.

Jason summed up my views exactly -- though my apathy expired a few years ago, and I've held somewhat paleoconservative beliefs ever since.

lonestarguy
05-21-2007, 03:58 PM
Hey friends, Paul Farris here in Austin, Tx. I want to take a moment to thank Josh Lowry for setting up this incredible site. He is an incredible guy with incredible talents who I've never even met. Thank you, sir!

Anyway, I served eleven years in the Air Force, ten of those in Europe. I did some secondary school teaching here in the central Texas area, and worked for the gallup poll in austin as a phone interviewer. For the last six years, I've been driving commercially, hauling freight nitely between Austin and Dallas, pulling those double-trailers you love to avoid, lol. I am a member of the Teamsters. And I highly recommend you don't spend too much time near the rolling big trucks, at least not in our blind spots, and pleez avoid passing on our right.

I have been a member of the Libertarian party and ran as a US House candidate (Ft. Hood, Waco, Temple, Williamson County) in 2002 against long-time incumbent Dem-Chet Edwards and the republican candidate, both of who endorsed war. Sitting between them in debates, I was the lone opponent of such action. Ron Paul has been a hero of mine for twenty years now. He is this country's best hope. And he is the republican party's only chance of avoiding irrelevancy, possibly forever. He is freedom's hope, he has a solid chance, but it is up to us.

But forget all I've wrote above, how do we light the fire of our patriots in Iowa? Who do you know in Iowa? We have got to have Iowa. The Iowa strawpoll is in August, first week. I am certain there are freedom loving peoples in Iowa. I have searched the meetup site. About 25 have signed up as interested in the last many days, but no one has pulled the trigger to actualize a group. Iowa we love you. But we have to see life!!

Now I am contemplating spending my two week end of July summer vacation with my nine-year old in Iowa supporting Ron Paul. Who's with me?

Bob Cochran
05-21-2007, 04:13 PM
Hi, I'm Bob, a 48-year-old currency trader/broker, entrepreneur, engineer, and musician. I live in Arizona.

I was first drawn to Ron Paul via his essays on the economy. Then, I checked into his bio and voting record, and was heartened and encouraged that there is at least one politician like this.

I will do what I can via the web sites and forums I run and/or am active on, and I will certainly spread the word to people I know.

EricH
05-21-2007, 04:14 PM
Eric H from Atlanta - 53 - Cabinet Maker/Furniture Designer

I certainly qualify as one of the most un-interested in politics kind of people.
I stumbled onto Ron Paul's name via other forums, but assumed he was yet another DC club member and thus - the enemy and not worth my time. Little did I know.

One key link put me onto the 1st debate/comments by Dr. Paul, and I was stunned at the lack of BS. Indeed, it seemed I was witnessing an alignment of everything I believe about bankers and Washington, and truth on national TV. Stunning
After a few minutes of wondering how this guy managed to be in the house, I moved on to checking out his site, history and this forum.

If enough people hear what he has to say, it would make things very interesting for our current lineup of money changers.

Best To All

Bossobass
05-21-2007, 05:43 PM
Hi, I'm Bosso
Charlotte, NC
Grew up in Pittsburgh, Pa., next neighborhood over from Ron Paul.
I met Ron at the SC debate and he told me that he delivered milk to us while working for the local dairy...small world.

I'm a builder. My carreer is firmly affixed to the interest rate and money supply. I've been through the endless cycles of inflation/recession and I'm sick to death of it.

A pleasure to read all of your posts.

TRAVEL TO NH FOR THE DEBATE. MAKE IT RAUN RON PAUL SUPPORTERS ON NH.

Bosso

Kaleb
05-21-2007, 06:04 PM
Hi everybody,

I'm 30, married and live in Austin, TX, where I rock a cube by day and a stage by night! Ha. My wife and I do have a band - http://myspace.com/youmakeengine - and a punk/indie karaoke show - http://www.karaokeunderground.com - and have a lot of fun in this town.

I was raised a Dittohead by Wisconsin parents who claimed to be Consitutionalists, but I've seen them fall into ReligiousRight WarForever politics while I've gravitated towards the libertarians, via reason magazine. I'm not sure when I first heard of Ron Paul, but over the years my respect for him has grown continuously, and I'm thrilled to be spreading the word to help him become our next president. By the end of the week, he will be the first politician I've ever donated money to.

Ron Paul 2008!

Therion
05-21-2007, 06:09 PM
Is this thread supposed to be sticky or not?

My name is Josh. I'm a young libertarian from Maryland; college starts this fall. Fortunately I'll be old enough to vote for Ron Paul. I learned about Ron Paul through my economics teacher a few months ago, but unfortunately didn't start keeping up until the debates. Shame!

SeanEdwards
05-21-2007, 06:43 PM
Hi,

My name is Sean Edwards. I'm 38 years old. Live in the SF Bay area. I used to work as an internetwork engineer. When I was 35 I enlisted in the US Army. I ended up being discharged for a back problem. Most recently, I've started attending college full-time, with the intention of picking up a BS in biological science, maybe bioinformatics.

I've been a fan of Ron Paul for years, ever since I came across some of his writings on the Internet. He is probably the only American politician that really gets me excited. Seeing the groundswell of internet response to the message Ron Paul has quietly been delivering for at least the past decade has had me glued in front of my computer. I feel like I have a ringside seat on historic events. When Ron Paul takes the oath of office, I hope to be there.

retrorepublican
05-21-2007, 07:41 PM
hey Josh,

I'm Julian. I live in NJ. I'm a high school student at a medical academy. I want to be a surgeon when I'm older. I also want to write on the side, and hopefully be a politician one day.

Why am I rooting for Ron Paul?

Because I love my country, and I love freedom.

mdh
05-21-2007, 08:03 PM
I hear some medical doctors turn out to be great politicians. Follow your dream, man. :)

Dan
05-21-2007, 09:36 PM
I am an independent, late 30s, now living in northern Colorado. I was a marine in the first gulf war and spent some time in Saudi Arabia and other Persian Gulf countries. I think Ron Paul is exactly right on foreign policy and I almost can't believe I am this excited about a presidential candidate.

hhholmes
05-22-2007, 12:34 AM
Hi,

Matt, from No. VA, 28, I'm a full-time student. I have previously advocated a withdrawal from the political process altogether, as I hold a pretty far-left political philosophy that may never be able to be reconciled with the principle of republican govt; yet I find myself drawn to Dr. Paul's sense of pragmatism and genuine honesty. I greatly respect his defense of personal liberty, and am willing to break the "red/blue" line to save this great nation of ours in our moment of national crisis. He is the only true statesman among all of the candidates, and he has my full support.

the man with the plan
05-22-2007, 03:23 PM
My name is Robert,
I live in pleasanton CA and I consider my self to be a conservative republican. Not a neoconservative like our current party. I belive that that the neocons are big spenders just like the democrats. Instead of big government the neocons support big business. I support neither of these ideas. Government should allow people to live and run their own lives. If anyone is from my area I would like to hear from you on how to support Ron Paul.

Great Forum!

Tin_Foil_Hat
05-22-2007, 03:38 PM
Hello all, Jeff from Ohio here. I'm a painting contractor in the process of moving to the Poconos in PA.

I found this forum while searching for one spot where I can find plenty of resources and links about Ron Paul. I'm behind him 100% and ready to do battle with the dim witted. :)

Pedrique
05-22-2007, 04:03 PM
My name's Pete, I'm 33 years old and live in Texas with wife and daughter. I work in education and technology.

Lifelong republican, and like someone earlier said - I swallowed the red pill when I came across Ron Paul. I think its time to kick a little ass and rescue Morpheus if you know what I'm saying.

qednick
05-22-2007, 04:07 PM
Don't forget to add yourselves to RP's "buddymap" if you haven't already done so. It's a good way of seeing visually who's near you. :)

http://www.buddymapping.com/maps/ronpaul

:D

cujothekitten
05-22-2007, 04:16 PM
Welcome everyone!

wwycher
05-22-2007, 04:35 PM
My name is Wyche and I live in Richmond Va. and Dr. Paul is my hero. There has been no one in my lifetime who has represented what a hero really means, before Ron Paul ran for president. I am 38 years old and I have rarely voted and have never felt truly passionate for any nominee, before Ron Paul ran for president. I did however vote for Lord Bush in 2000. I was fooled, along with many other Christians. Not this time, oh no, not this time. I am gearing up this campaign. Highway Blogs, Public Acceess TV and anything else I can think of to keep these globalist pigs out the White House. Let me know if anybody needs help with anything to support Ron Paul.

the man with the plan
05-22-2007, 05:47 PM
My name is Robert,
I live in pleasanton CA and I consider my self to be a conservative republican. Not a neoconservative like our current party. I belive that that the neocons are big spenders just like the democrats. Instead of big government the neocons support big business. I support neither of these ideas. Government should allow people to live and run their own lives. If anyone is from my area I would like to hear from you on how to support Ron Paul.

Great Forum!

Pizza God
05-22-2007, 08:13 PM
Another Bryan here. I own a Pizza Franchise in Carrollton Texas. (Mr. Jim's to be exact)

Being 40, I was first able to vote for Reagan in '84...... opps.

When attending North Texas, I discovered the Libertarian Party and their Presidential candidate Ron Paul.

I have voted Libertarian for 20 years and am a card carrying member, however ever sense I got the email from Michael Badnarik hinting that Ron Paul was going to make a run for the White House, I have been SUPER excited.

I have even emailed my family and told them I might be a registered Republican next year:D

I should be at the Meeting in Dallas June 4th (looking good right now) I want to do what ever I can to get the word out. I have never worked on a political campaign and want to do everything I can for Ron Paul.

My wife thinks I am Ron Paul crazy right now, but I think I almost have her support (she voted for him also in 1988, but I could not even tell you who she voted for in the last election)

I have made the largest donation I have ever made for any political campaign; in fact it matched all the political donations I have ever made. I hope to do some more each month. But with minimum wage going up, I will loose about $200 per week in MY INCOME, and I barely pay my bills. As it is, working 90 hours per week.

When I have time, I will be reading these forums and giving my 2 cents worth.

TheMikael
05-22-2007, 11:26 PM
My name is Mikael and I'm 15 (almost 16) years old, living in Southern California.
I've been interested in politics for quite a while and was a loyal NeoCon (with regards to foreign policy) till up to this past year. After educating myself I drifted more Libertarian in my views. Through the internet I became aware of Ron Paul earlier this year and now support him completely. Even though I won't be able to vote come the primaries (or even the election :( ) I am doing what I can to convince my friends and family to support Paul.
This is a great forum and I'm glad to be apart of it. :cool:

hells_unicorn
05-23-2007, 12:29 AM
Greetings, my name is Jonathan Smith and I am a private music teacher, public school substitute, and assistant dog breeder. I am currently in a band that plays a hybrid Power Metal/Prog. Rock style, the band's name is Ominous Glory and the myspace page is http://www.myspace.com/ominousglory, unfortunately all we have is a midi version of one of our songs, we are currently working on a 4 song demo that should be completed in the next couple months.

Anyhow, I first heard about Ron Paul through the website for the Ludwig Von Mises Institute, having been a steady fan of Ayn Rand's novels and a proponent of the Classical Liberalism as argued by the founding fathers, Voltaire, John Locke, and several other figures of the 18th century. I am a practicing Catholic who is a student of the Thomist theology (the tradition of the Dominicans as pioneered by Saints Thomas Aquinas and Albertus Magnus), which I believe to be the spiritual ancestor and ally of the Deists who pioneered our current concept of liberty.

"All are equal in liberty, but not in other endowments". (St. Thomas Aquinas)

I reside in Quakertown Pennsylvania, currently in a farm house that was built in 1811 and rests on a land grant given by William Penn himself. Unfortunately right now my family and I are caught up in some Eminent Domain issues with the Pennsylvania Power Company, which wishes to build Power Lines on our land.

Anyhow, I am attached with the Allentown Meet-Up and plan to work as hard as I can to help delivery the Southeastern Pennsylvania vote for Ron Paul. Liberty is the right by which all of our other rights as living beings are derived, if no one champions it, life is not worthy of its own existence.

Ron Paul in 2008!

bluegreen
05-23-2007, 07:29 AM
Hi There!

I am an American living in Greece for many years.

I just wanted to say that I have been in tears for the last few days as I have been educating myself and others on Ron Paul and his views.

Americans that reside overseas have beared the brunt of the hatred and disgust that foreigners have for our country's aggressive tactics.

I believe that he is America's last chance for redemption.

I will try my best to spread the "good news" to all the expats living here! God Bless Dr. Ron Paul and his family! All the best...Helena

Captain Shays
05-23-2007, 07:41 AM
My name is Dave e
I'm out here in New Jersey. I install solar panels and at night, I drive people to and from the Philly Airport. I'm sort of like a Ron Paul evangelist with a helplessly captive audience where I have a pretty good rap. I'm really well informed and I have my rap down as good as any talk show host you've ever heard so no one can mess with me and I'm very convincing indeed. I have buttons on my sun viser and articles that I print up relative to Ron Paul. I go to the printer an at my own expense print up a bunch of stuff that people can read on the plane to wherever they're going.
Right now, I'm not really hooked up with anybody from my area except for a very sporadic group from AFFTF New Jersey chapter.

I really want to get something going out here but with two jobs, two wolves, two cats a turtle and a wife (not in that order of course) there isn't much time so I just do whatever I can.
Right now I'm sending $25.00 per week to Ron's campaign. I know its not much but hopefully it will ad up to be of some good help.

I'm in here every day looking for good articles that I can print up for my customers and I want to thanks everybody for posting great ones.

There is one other guy I'm sort of hooked up with and we're doing highway blogs. We make signs and climb up trees and other places where heavy traffic is and put the signs there where everybody can see them. If someone wants to take them down, then, they'll just have to risk their life to take them down as we've risked our lives to put them up there.

I also talked with Rick from www.libertystickers.com who is a huge Ron Paul fan and now has the best prices on bumper stickers, banners and lawn signs of anyone anywhere. He has agreed to sell them to us at a huge discount.

If we buy 1,000 bumper stickers we'll get them for around $.80 per. If we buy 500 bumper stickers we'll get them for around $1.00.

Right now, he's working on a 4" round stickers for RP that will go for around $.25 per if we buy 1,000. That way we can put them EVERYWHERE.

Name recognition is everything.

JosephTheLibertarian
05-23-2007, 08:21 AM
Joseph - from NJ. I'm a Libertarian, and I'm a Ron Paul supporter.

Captain Shays
05-23-2007, 10:41 AM
Joe,

I'm living in Commingswood. Are you near? Maybe we can work on RPs campaign together.

JoshLowry
05-23-2007, 10:43 AM
You can also try http://RonPaul.MeetUp.com to find local grassroot campaigns.

Karmus
05-23-2007, 03:10 PM
Hey, my name is Mark, I'm a Pharmacy student at Rutgers in New Jersey, and I'm 21 years old. I've followed politics loosely since I was born and began getting very interested in the upcoming election. I had never heard of Ron Paul really before the first GOP debate when I was completely awestruck by him. He seemed to speak the truth without any of the typical spins or pandering that most of the other candidates do. I decided to look into his past, voting record, and take on the issues and could not be more pleased. I had heard of libertarians in the past and was interested in them, but didn't think they had much of a chance. Now that I see Ron Paul in action though, there is hope. I'm willing to help start or help with a campaign movement in New Jersey and especially at the University where I believe there will be more than enough willing ears. If anyone is interested in starting or needs help with getting Ron Pauls name out in New Jersey, just let me know.

Vote Ron Paul 2008.

Eric B
05-24-2007, 11:02 AM
Name is Eric and I want my two young children to live in a free society so I support Ron Paul.

I'm currently living in Lake Charles, LA and am an engineer for the oil and gas industry. I'd love to hear from anyone in SW Louisiana or SE Texas who shares my support of this patriot.

slantedview
05-24-2007, 01:02 PM
Jonathan - I'm an engineer, somewhat of a recent college graduate, and traditionally a Democrat. Despite being a Democrat though, I feel that most of the problems existing in our nation today could be solved by reverting back to libertarian ideals supported by Ron Paul. Additionally I agree with the idea of live and let live, as long as your actions do no harm to others. While I am not on a level agreement with Dr. Paul on everything, it is more than clear that he is the one candidate who can make a real change for the better in our nation, and I'm not going to let anything stop my supporting him.

bloggershaven
05-24-2007, 07:39 PM
My Name Is John I Live In Ohio Near Kent State University. I am A laid Off Police Officer After Many Many Years On The Job. I was In the Marines For 4 Years I served In the First Gulf War and in somalia. But SOme Might Also Know Me By Bloggershaven I have gotten some interesting comments and was told i need to come in here so here i am. i hope to have many great conversations with you all and i hope they are all friendly ones also i am not a mean person and will talk to anyone.

Thank You

John

http://ronpaulin08.blogspot.com/

RonPaul4President
05-25-2007, 12:10 PM
My name is David and I live in Nevada. I used to be a "liberal" supporter since that is what mainstream defines as a Democrat. After several years of watching mainstream news and C-SPAN(LOVE IT!), I grew tired of the Democrats vicious cycle of empty promises and sterile laws--those not unlike the ones that already existed prior to creating redundant ones. The final nail in the Democrats coffin for me was their power gain in Congress with no real changes to status quo. We're still in Iraq. The price of oil/gas is higher than ever. Corruption and dishonor still runs rampant in Washington, DC.

If the Federal Reserve and global bankng theory pans out to be true then the U.S. government has lied to evey American for decades. Based on what I have seen President George W. Bush do and say, I believe this administration and congress are capable of anything dishonorable.

There are a few decent Senators trying to seam the tears in the fabric of honorable government but they are overshadowed by hypocrisy and deception. The senators I used to see as the most honorable now appear to be the worst culprits in a system that has lost it's way.

I switched my support to the Republican party in an effort to choose the lesser of 2 evils. Since finding out about Ron Paul, my whole outlook on politics and government has changed. I feel a sense of hope that I have not felt since watching George W. Bush speak for the first time on international television as president of The United States of America.

Thank you, Ron Paul. Thank you.

drinkbleach
05-25-2007, 12:32 PM
Hi everyone. My name is Joseph and I'm from Nevada. I am an independant. I am currently a left leaning, but I have a lot of moderate and conservative views. I have several years of college and I work as a material handler. For the most part I have been unhappy with the field of candidates. I was strongly considering giving my vote to Barack Obama, but then Ron Paul emerged. If Paul gets the nomination from the GOP then I will definetly be voting for him. His lack of connections amongst Republicans is a breath of fresh air. His TRUE CONSERVATISM is also very refreshing.

joenaab
05-26-2007, 11:32 AM
My name is Joe Naab. I am from Seattle but live on a small island in south Brazil. I now work all day and night as a Ron Paul activist and post to my blog at:

http://www.citizensforronpaul.org

I joined the forum today and plan to be an active participant.

manuel
05-26-2007, 03:15 PM
Hi I'm Manuel from Virginia. I'm here because I want change. I truly see things going in the wrong direction and very few people realize what we are doing to ourselves. With Ron Paul out there, putting the word out there, I see that we have a chance. This time, I really feel like we have a real chance.

I learned about Ron Paul years ago. When a friend that was teaching me about politics said that there was "a really good person in Congress", he said that Ron Paul was unlike the others and that he was working to secure our freedoms. Now here we are years later and Ron Paul is still fighting for true freedom.

I'm here to make it happen!

libertygrl
05-26-2007, 03:32 PM
Hey guys,

My name is Jackie and I'm from Long Island, NY. I've got my first Ron Paul MeetUp next week and I'm sooo excited!

I've never felt this passionate about a cause in my entire life! I truly believe we are at a very crucial moment in time. The wolves are at the door and this next election will decide whether we return to a constitutional republic, or become part of the North American Union and loose our country forever. I mean, all of this is so freakin' unreal! It's scary but at the same time I feel so empowered because of Ron Paul and because of people like YOU! We're kindred spirits in this fight for Liberty. This is truly "our" second American Revolution. An "online revolution" if you will. We're waking up the masses and stickin' it to the New World Order.

And I'm so happy to see many military people on this forum who support Ron Paul, and not blindly following Bush. Saying thank you for your service just doesn't seem adequate enough! From what I've read about those colonists who fought and sacrificed their lives for the cause of independence, they were just ordinary people who did extraordinary things. And one of the main reasons for their success was perserverance. They simply never gave up. I think that's something we should keep in the back of our minds when things don't always go the way we planned.

Lastly, I've heard that the one thing they will finally get Ron Paul on is his lack of funds. The bigger states will move their primaries up earlier, which will hurt Ron Paul because he won't be able to afford it. However, I just heard of a great idea to raise money for him. Ebay! Sell your junk on ebay and use that for donations.

Power To The People! Go Ron!

SV-v2.0
05-26-2007, 07:08 PM
Hi everyone,

I have considerable grassroots experience going back 18 years.

I look forward to getting Ron Paul into office.

G-khan
05-26-2007, 10:46 PM
Hi All:
I am retired and webmaster for a Gold and Silver precious metals site.. I helped start the site that focuses on investing and teaching about our Constitution and what the Federal Reserve really is.

I did not vote last time (first time not voting in about 25 years) - I refused to go out and waste my time to vote on which one I disliked less! I knew about Ron Paul because of our site and all the posts we had about him. Ron Paul is the only man out of the entire House or Senate that I would take the time to vote for. I did not think I would ever vote again but Ron Paul will not only get my vote but some work out of me to get him elected.. I have hope again..

Thank You - Ron Paul!

MadOdorMachine
05-27-2007, 07:39 PM
Hello everyone, I just joined the site. I'm from Bellevue, Nebraska. I recently discovered Ron Paul on the first Republican debate on MSNBC. I've quickly become a Ron Paul junkie and want to do anything I can to help get him elected. I'm donating part of my paycheck to his campaign and I'm also trying to find a second part time job to donate more. I encourage everyone to donate as much money as they can spare and to vote for Ron Paul in the primaries. If anyone has any ideas of anything else I can do, please let me know.

lucky
05-28-2007, 12:00 AM
My name is Curtis. I am 47 and I live in League city, Tx and Ron Paul is my Congressman. I have voted for him and think he is a damn good man. I read about this man many years ago and it led me to look at Libertarism and even though I found myself agreeing with most there was a couple of things that I strongly disagreed with that meant I could not leave the Republican party.

I have for many years done all I could for the Republicans to help get them elected. I was excited when they finally controlled the congress and presidency. I thought us Conservatives had finally come of age and we would finally get the "Platform" going. I looked forward to see the decrease of the Feds. Lower taxes, state rights, etc. All I received was more big government but now with the tax cuts a even more huge deficit. Now an even more outlook of wars.

This past couple of years I have become disillusioned and heartbroken. It was all an illusion and I had finally given up on politics. The last elections I for the first time did not vote straight party ticket. I still voted mostly Republican but voted for Libertarism on any I did not know.

I have contacted Ron Pauls staff now and again as he is my Congressman and they have always been helpful and patient with me and answered and if they did not know any questions they got back to me. Awesome staff he has.

A couple of things I asked were his thoughts on his "Gold Standard" and the Federal reserve I had heard him talk about. From him I studied and have gotten a grasp somewhat and understand and agree now with Ron Paul. Also his immigration stance got me. Always hated the birthright issue.

I have met him and he was a nice man and he always took the time to meet and answer any questions anyone had. Never met a politician that did this before. Probably never will again.

I would hate to lose him as my Congressman as all us constituents will but if everyone wants him to be President then I will help anyway I can. He will be a hard man to lose though. He restores my faith in Politics. I have sent a donation and will send more. I do not have a lot of money and can only do a few hundred now and again. Also I traverse the country a lot and plan on getting his name out there.

Also one last thing. I get his voting record sent to me by Congress.org as I do of my Senators (Traitors) and his voting record is impeccable. He has never compromised and I believe he never will. He votes the way I would if I was able to.

Please take care and God Bless all.

asvusa
05-28-2007, 03:57 AM
My name is Alfonso, I live in Plantation, Florida. I have donated over $100 to Dr. Paul's campaign. I have been spreading the word to my family and friends, email lists, customers, etc. I am a real estate broker and legal insurance consultant. (sales, jeje).

Anyways, I haven't seen any cool Ron Paul stuff so I designed some logos and apparel. I will donate 50% of the proceeds through the RonPaul2008.com website as I the receipts come in.

I hope you like what I designed.

http://www.cafepress.com/goronpaul

RON PAUL T-SHIRTS, HATS, BUMPER STICKERS, COOL STUFF FOR WOMEN, MEN, KIDS AND PETS. :)

Please repost the link and start showing your colors. People will ask about Ron Paul if you are wearing his name and face. Check it out please!

1,000,000 people donate $25 per month for 12 months, that's a whopping $300,000,000 (three hundred million!!!)

Let's donate consistently and spread the word.

Spatch67
05-28-2007, 08:31 AM
Greetings everyone! I am excited to see so many people waking up to the common sense alternative that Ron Paul offers. I am looking forward to helping spread the message and I truly feel that this could be the last great hope for our country. RP in 08!

Blowback
05-29-2007, 06:09 PM
Colin
Seattle, WA

Have been following Ron Paul since the first debate. Have been a Libertarian for about 5/6 years now. I will continue to contribute to the campaign with blood, sweat, tears, and cold hard US monopoly money.

Buzz
05-29-2007, 07:20 PM
Hey. I'm a 20 year-old college student from New York who just can't let the chance to elect a president who isn't the lesser of a bunch of evils pass by. Ron Paul's honesty, sanity and logic just blows me away. I can barely name any politicians I agree with even 25% of the time, whereas with Paul it's about 100% so far. Crazy.

Politically I'm moderate, but I can relate a lot more to paleo-conservatives than liberals nowadays.

Marc Scott Emery
05-29-2007, 11:39 PM
My name is Marc Scott Emery, I am publisher & editor of Cannabis Culture Magazine. Our current issue (66,000 copies on newstands) has an editorial on Ron Paul For President endorsing him.

I have 30,000 friends on my 9 Myspace sites (Cannabis Culture Magazine has 9,500, Marc Emery has 7.500, Congress Watch has 2,300, etc.) which I flood daily with Ron Paul news, interviews and videos.

I myself have an internet webcasting outlet called www.POT.TV and my latest POT.TV/Youtube video encourages our audience to join the Ron Paul Revolution.

So far, in a few days, 4,000 have watched it. I'm no Rachel, but about 10,000 people will have watched it by day 15.

My current show...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79-eijXcwWE

I first heard about Ron Paul in 1980 when I ran for the Libertarian Party of Canada and asked, is anyone elected who believes in our stuff? Greg Utas, who was one of the three who converted me from socialism/collectivism, said "There's a Republican named Ron Paul in the US Congress who is libertarian."

I realy started paying attention to Ron Paul in 2003. In 2006, Cannabis Culture Magazine analyzed the voting record of all 435 members of the House of Representatives in regard to all drug-reform votes, medical marijuana votes, all Iraq War votes, Homeland Security, the torture school School of the Americas vote, Plan Colombia, the ONDCP budget... etc. and ONLY RON PAUL had a perfect voting record, voting for liberty & peace every time, the only Congressman to do so - YEAR AFTER YEAR. Ron Paul is co-sponsor of the States Right to Medical Marijuana Act, the 2007 Industrial Hemp Act, has voted repeatedly against the budget of the drug czar.

I'm looking forward to allying with not only all in my cannabis culture but pro-lifers, traditional conservatives, Christians, atheists, gold bugs, liberty lovers of all kinds, including people outside of my usual alliances. The goal is to have Ron Paul as President of the United States, so I am anxious to network with all who have their eyes of the prize.

lucky
05-30-2007, 12:08 AM
My name is Marc Scott Emery, I am publisher & editor of Cannabis Culture Magazine. Our current issue (66,000 copies on newstands) has an editorial on Ron Paul For President endorsing him.

I have 30,000 friends on my 9 Myspace sites (Cannabis Culture Magazine has 9,500, Marc Emery has 7.500, Congress Watch has 2,300, etc.) which I flood daily with Ron Paul news, interviews and videos.

I myself have an internet webcasting outlet called www.POT.TV and my latest POT.TV/Youtube video encourages our audience to join the Ron Paul Revolution.

So far, in a few days, 4,000 have watched it. I'm no Rachel, but about 10,000 people will have watched it by day 15.

My current show...

I first heard about Ron Paul in 1980 when I ran for the Libertarian Party of Canada and asked, is anyone elected who believes in our stuff? Greg Utas, who was one of the three who converted me from socialism/collectivism, said "There's a Republican named Ron Paul in the US Congress who is libertarian."

I realy started paying attention to Ron Paul in 2003. In 2006, Cannabis Culture Magazine analyzed the voting record of all 435 members of the House of Representatives in regard to all drug-reform votes, medical marijuana votes, all Iraq War votes, Homeland Security, the torture school School of the Americas vote, Plan Colombia, the ONDCP budget... etc. and ONLY RON PAUL had a perfect voting record, voting for liberty & peace every time, the only Congressman to do so - YEAR AFTER YEAR. Ron Paul is co-sponsor of the States Right to Medical Marijuana Act, the 2007 Industrial Hemp Act, has voted repeatedly against the budget of the drug czar.

I'm looking forward to allying with not only all in my cannabis culture but pro-lifers, traditional conservatives, Christians, atheists, gold bugs, liberty lovers of all kinds, including people outside of my usual alliances. The goal is to have Ron Paul as President of the United States, so I am anxious to network with all who have their eyes of the prize.

Too awesome for words so may this long time Conservative and long ago pothead:eek: welcome you to the Forums.

mdh
05-30-2007, 12:47 PM

My current show...

Glad to hear you're helping get the word out. How's the legal spat going? Any good luck lately there? We're all fighting against oppression, but you've actually been a victim thereof... :(

Korey Kaczynski
05-30-2007, 03:31 PM
I'm a college student living in Omaha, NE who hates college (because it's a joke, for the most part) and am usually politically apathetic; however, Paul's stances fire me up. I've known about him for a few years, and I knew he was running for the GOP nomination, but once I saw him get a ton of supporters after the first GOP debates I too became a supporter.

glts
05-30-2007, 05:02 PM
Hi! My name is Lisa and I live in Tennessee. My husband and I have two teenage sons. I feel that the 2008 Presidential elections will be the most important election in our lifetime, and Ron Paul is our once in a lifetime opportunity to save this country. If America lets this opportunity pass we probably will not have another chance to elect someone that will make an effort to restore our Constitution. I feel encouraged that many Americans are finally waking up to the fact that the fight should not be about Republicans versus Democrats the real fight should be restoring the Constitution.

Kuldebar
05-30-2007, 05:15 PM
Ray H. currently living in southern Idaho.

I was in the USAF for 6 years stationed in Japan, got out in 1992 after the first war on Iraq. Became a defense contractor on Kwajalein and more recently worked for SAIC at the Pentagon for the Army.

Some years ago I discovered a book called Ain't Nobody's Business if You Do: The Absurdity of Consensual Crimes in Our Free Country by the late Peter McWilliams (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_McWilliams) and it rocked my world. Before I knew it I was reading books by Harry Browne, Hayek, Bovard and many others.

Knowledge is, indeed, a dangerous thing. As time passed, I found it harder to reconcile my thoughts on liberty and my country's future while being part of the aptly named <kook alert>"military industrial complex (http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/dwightdeisenhowerfarewell.html)".

I left the beltway in 2003 and am living in the country now. Ron Paul's run has restored some hope for me and represents to my mind, our last stand for peace and the Republic.

JaylieWoW
05-30-2007, 05:44 PM
Hi!

I'm Christy from Birmingham! I was introduced to the writings of Ron Paul through LewRockwell.com. My "awakening" from political slumber happened 7 years ago, when I met my husband. Having been through a divorce with children involved, I was shocked at the lack of rights he had for continuing his relationship with his children. As I delved deeper into the quagmire known as "family law", it lead me to a broader vision of government in general, entitlement mentality and "libertarianism".

I am a moderator for a significantly active family rights group. There are a couple of members of that group I believe to be Ron Paul supporters as well. I will have to urge them to come here for great discussion.

I am also helping with the Clifton Coalition for Ron Paul. If anyone is interested in any other information about this group, please drop me a line.

I'm going to borrow a line from one of my co-organizers in closing...

For Liberty!
Christy
Birmingham, AL

vertesc
05-31-2007, 10:34 AM
My name is Campbell Vertesi. I'm an opera singer from Vancouver, Canada... getting my green card, hopefully in time to vote in the primary! I was a paleolibertarian in Canada, and thought America was my dream land. Then I moved here, and discovered how far the country has fallen.

I believe that Ron Paul is the last chance to rescue America. Extreme times always bring out extreme politics, and we have the choice of Democrat Communism, Neoconservative Fascism, or Ron Paul.

I've made it a goal to tell at least one person about RP every day (offline, I mean). I usually just tell them one "hook" fact, and tell them to look him up, because I'd be very interested in their opinion. I use hook facts such as:
-he's never broken an electoral promise
-he's called "Dr. No", because he's never voted for a bill that was not explicitly within the goernment's rights in the Constitution
-he's the only candidate on either side who voted against Iraq, the patriot act, and HomeSec
-economists love him

Whether I can vote or not, I'm determined to get the word out about this revolutionary politician!

thomaspaine23
06-01-2007, 12:30 AM
Just Call me Paine. Late 30's born and raised in AZ. I'm a network (internet) guy.
I found Paul about 8-9 years ago. Amazed to realize there was one politician left
who believed in the Constitution and took his oath of office to heart.

I always hoped he would run for President. Right now I'm doing videos in my free time :

http://youtube.com/profile?user=Thomaspaine23

FSP-Rebel
06-01-2007, 11:25 AM
My name is Ken and am a corrections officer from Mich and I totally support Dr. Paul for pres. My entire family is on board as well. I wish the Paul campaign would come to Mich and have a major rally. There's more conservatives in Mich than most people realize + lots of supporting liberals as well. Viva the Ron Paul Revolution.

mdh
06-01-2007, 12:13 PM
This thread is such a pick-me-up in a negative world.

princessredtights
06-01-2007, 11:29 PM
My name is Karen.

I have grown disgruntled with both major parties and the direction our country is being run!

I have just joined the Hillsboro meetup group.

I plan on putting posters up on all the college campuses in our area.

Gunslinger
06-02-2007, 10:22 AM
I was thrilled to hear that Rep. Paul would be running for President a few months ago. After being betrayed by Bush the past six years, I vowed I would never vote for the lesser of two evils again and would most likely leave the Republican party. Fortunately, this time around I won't have to. If Dr. Paul does not win the Republican nomination (I would really hope he would run Independent if that was the case as his message is absolutely crucial to the future of our country), I will still write him in during the general election and urge everyone else to do the same.

I have been reading Paul's speeches and writings for the past couple years and have learned a lot. I have also learned to respect this man for his honesty/integrity, voting record, and his well-informed decision making. I also respect the amount of sacrifice he has put into staying in the US House when he could simply retire and spend the majority of his time with his wife, children, and grandchildren.

I am a former US Marine and veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom, and I currently work in the telecommunications field. I look forward to the great times we are all going to have supporting Rep. Paul. He is up against insurmountable odds, both financially and with the corporate-controlled media, but is already taking the blinders off the eyes of thousands of Americans. Keep donating what you can, keep educating who you can, and let's Restore the Republic! Keep up the great work Dr. Paul!

Respectfully,
Gunslinger

nathanielyao
06-04-2007, 07:59 PM
Hi, Nathaniel from NYC

I stumbled onto Ron Paul's candidacy after researching stuff about the economy. Learned of the horrible fact that the people controlling the money supply was not the government but a private bank!

After looking into each of the candidates, including their careers and records, I can say:

Finally, someone who is actually presidential material. Ron Paul 2008!

Interesting that the only news I can get on him is through the internet.

ksuguy
06-04-2007, 10:36 PM
Well I've been posting for awhile now, and I figured it was finally time I got to the introduction.

I'm 27, and I've been a libertarian since I was in college. I currently live near Wichita, KS and I guess software engineer would be the closest thing to a job description for me. I've known about Ron Paul for a few years now, and I really hope he can get the nomination. He is probably the best candidate I have seen in my lifetime.

IRO-bot
06-05-2007, 10:46 AM
I'm 24, living in Florida. Been here for about 3 years now. Grew up in Missouri. I am a truss designer. Never paid much to politics until recently. I have realized how bad our country is. I believe Ron Paul is the only one who can save us.

mdh
06-05-2007, 11:23 AM
I'm 24, living in Florida. Been here for about 3 years now. Grew up in Missouri. I am a truss designer. Never paid much to politics until recently. I have realized how bad our country is. I believe Ron Paul is the only one who can save us.

Truss designer? I can think of a lot of things that could mean.......

Henry
06-05-2007, 04:07 PM
Just registered a minute ago. Glad to be part of the group. Live in Jacksonville, Fl, and have been a RP supporter for a long, long time.

Henry

theknightshift
06-05-2007, 08:26 PM
I joined tonight but I've been a longtime Ron Paul supporter.

Here's a graphic I made that I posted on my blog last month...

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/2100/ronpaulthemediatrixsmalbq3.jpg

IRO-bot
06-06-2007, 05:39 AM
MDH? What could that mean? I design trusses for residential and commercial buildings.

buffalokid777
06-06-2007, 07:51 PM
Greetings fellow Ron Paul supporters,

My name is Michael from Buffalo, New York.

I am a businessman who deals in gems, minerals, and other rare and collectible items.

I have been supporting Ron Paul both locally and online in other forums, but with MSM, the neocons, and the neolibs in the DLC all doing their best to silence Ron Paul before the internet buzz spreads to the non internet using voters, I am now ready to roll up the sleeves and really put in a top flight effort to get the Ron Paul word out as I am sure all of us here are. I look forward to doing my best to help here and would like to thank the people responsible for starting this forum.

Best Wishes
Michael

denvervoipguru
06-07-2007, 12:23 PM
Denver
Thirty-something Father of 2
Entrepreneur still looking for that "perfect" business (think I found it this time - will know soon)

Voted for Bush twice.
First time for the Pro Life stance and promises of smaller gubmnt
Second time out of fear of Al Gore.

I now know that Bush is just another manipulative, pathological, lying tool of the elite.

I'm orgasmic over the things that are happening on the Internet right now.
I just recently watched a video of a young patriot confonting David Rockefeller at HIS HOUSE IN NY CITY! Now that's what I call activism.

I was recently banned from FreeRepublic.com where I had been a member and active poster for seven years. I vowed that day to concentrate my efforts to get Ron Paul elected.

Watch for some serious, one-on-one, in the street, renegade activism coming out of Denver baby...we're serious about this election!

Liberty or Death,

Tim (Denver Metro Committee for Ron Paul)

idrake
06-07-2007, 09:09 PM
Hi - Ian Drake here, 30yo, IT consultant from Cape Cod MA. I consider myself and independent. My father, who's a republican, told me about Ron Paul last weekend. Finally got around to youtubing him last night...

I was amazed. I couldn't stop watching his videos, it was almost unbelievable.

For the record:

I'm an atheist.
I believe in a woman's right to choose.
I believe homosexuals should have the right to marry (or government should get out of the marriage business and define some other term for a legal partnership and leave marriage to the churches).

I like RP because he understands that the federal government doesn't have authority to rule over us on these issues. He also seems to be guided by the Constitution first and the bible second, quite refreshing.

I always felt Republicans were hypocrites, always saying "small government more freedom" and then saying "but you can't do x, you must do y, and don't forget to go to church on Sunday." RP is the real deal though!

I'm 100% behind Ron Paul and I've started sending him an allowance. I hope to work up to the maximum allowed by law over the next 4-5 months.

mdh
06-07-2007, 09:15 PM
Hi - Ian Drake here, 30yo, IT consultant from Cape Cod MA. I consider myself and independent. My father, who's a republican, told me about Ron Paul last weekend. Finally got around to youtubing him last night...

I was amazed. I couldn't stop watching his videos, it was almost unbelievable.

For the record:

I'm an atheist.
I believe in a woman's right to choose.
I believe homosexuals should have the right to marry (or government should get out of the marriage business and define some other term for a legal partnership and leave marriage to the churches).

I like RP because he understands that the federal government doesn't have authority to rule over us on these issues. He also seems to be guided by the Constitution first and the bible second, quite refreshing.

I always felt Republicans were hypocrites, always saying "small government more freedom" and then saying "but you can't do x, you must do y, and don't forget to go to church on Sunday." RP is the real deal though!

I'm 100% behind Ron Paul and I've started sending him an allowance. I hope to work up to the maximum allowed by law over the next 4-5 months.

All this, and he has way more *good Christian* credibility than the majority of his opponents. He's only been married once, still married, to the same woman for 50 years... he has a wonderful family who have been very supportive, and I have yet to see any sort of character attack that's stuck.

SoCalBob
06-07-2007, 10:32 PM
Greetings fellow Ron Paul supporters! I am a 41 yo father living in Southern California. I first heard of Ron Paul after watching Aaron Russo's "Freedom to Fascism" about 3 months ago. Right before the first GOP debate, my brother had told me there there was this outstanding candidate that really stood out, but he did not remember his name. I quickly found the GOP candidates and went through some of the voting histories, and came up with Ron Paul. I did not realize that he was one who was interviewed in Russo's film until I watched it again. My brother said "Yes! He is the one!" Anyway, I have read many posts from many sites, but this is my first post. I have donated $100 to his campaign (a first for me), and expect to donate at least $150 per month. I will sacrifice a bit to help him, as so many of you are (paying over 70% of net pay to the ex leaves me with little). I also put a RP for Pres 2008 bumper sticker on my car (another first for me). I emailed George Noory from Coast to Coast AM radio program about the MSM blackout of RP despite the polls showing that he won. A couple of days later, George Noory mentioned this unfair treatment on the air! I think that RP has a real shot at winning! Come election time, I will not believe MSM if they say that he is losing or has no chance! And I will write his name in if necessary. I believe that this will be the most important vote in my lifetime. Keep up the good fight for freedom!

Robert

kimosabi
06-07-2007, 11:46 PM
Well hopefully it's not just Americans that can support Ron Paul.

I live in Perth, Australia and have discovered Ron Paul as well. Ron Paul is amazing, I have never seen a Politician like him anywhere.

America doesn't just need this man as President of the United States, the rest of the world needs him as President as well.

DANIELLECLARKE
06-08-2007, 06:31 AM
Right now i am with Barack Obama but if hillary gets the nod i will definately vote republican for Ron paul.

Yes i wish Dennis Kucinich was more popular as i see him as another Ron Paul. However, i do feel barack wants to force the lazy americans to get off their butts and work all types of jobs that right now are being done by immigrants.

I think we need every american to do civil service too. I am a USMC vietnam vet. I volunteered. I have been volunteering for change in america. We need to stop being so lazy. Every high school child needs to learn how to pick vegetables and grow them. Every high school grad needs to put in at least one year public service for the USA.

We need to change the way americans use and abuse energy. The only good thing that came out of the bush administration is high gas prices which will hopefully force americans to change their wastefull ways.

I donate or give away 90% of my veterans pension to our kids future and public policy and i am a caregiver who presently watches a home until it is sold. My caregiving has helped to save taxes for americans because its saved the elders from going into senior homes sooner.

Americans think they deserve everything while in reality they need to get off theior butts and learn how to do real work. Real work where they are not running a company and using others at low pay to get ahead. Keeping the poor poor is allowing our politicians to follow suit.

I just wanted to share a few of my views. I am curious what is the mindset of other ron pauls supporters.

mdh
06-08-2007, 06:53 AM
Right now i am with Barack Obama but if hillary gets the nod i will definately vote republican for Ron paul.

Yes i wish Dennis Kucinich was more popular as i see him as another Ron Paul. However, i do feel barack wants to force the lazy americans to get off their butts and work all types of jobs that right now are being done by immigrants.

I think we need every american to do civil service too. I am a USMC vietnam vet. I volunteered. I have been volunteering for change in america. We need to stop being so lazy. Every high school child needs to learn how to pick vegetables and grow them. Every high school grad needs to put in at least one year public service for the USA.

We need to change the way americans use and abuse energy. The only good thing that came out of the bush administration is high gas prices which will hopefully force americans to change their wastefull ways.

I donate or give away 90% of my veterans pension to our kids future and public policy and i am a caregiver who presently watches a home until it is sold. My caregiving has helped to save taxes for americans because its saved the elders from going into senior homes sooner.

Americans think they deserve everything while in reality they need to get off theior butts and learn how to do real work. Real work where they are not running a company and using others at low pay to get ahead. Keeping the poor poor is allowing our politicians to follow suit.

I just wanted to share a few of my views. I am curious what is the mindset of other ron pauls supporters.

Hi Danielle. If you're committed to voting in the Democratic primary, have you looked into Mike Gravel? If there is a Ron Paul of the D's, it's definitly him, not Kucinich. Mr. Gravel's most famous move was leading the charge to end the military draft during the Vietnam era.

Mr. Obama has made it clear that he isn't serious about an immediate end to occupation of Iraq with statements he's made that basically allow him to place blame elsewhere such as on the Iraqis when he doesn't remove troops if he is elected. He's a part of the establishment, and it's clear that that's the only reason he is so popular.

ArthurWeasley
06-08-2007, 10:53 AM
Atlanta area here. I wasn't keen on anyone for president this year, until I started hearing about Ron Paul and watching him in the debates. Now he's the only thing keeping me from turning in my Republican voter registration - well I have to be able to vote for him in the primary don't I? ;)

MGS
06-08-2007, 10:58 AM
Greetings all, my name is Michael. I live in Saint Albans, West Virginia. I just graduated from a technical school with an Associates Degree. Im currently on the job hunt :)

I learned of Congressman Paul at the video sharing site Liveleak.com. (Its like an uncensored YouTube.) This was about a month or so ago and since then ive researched Mr. Paul, and listened to most of his speeches, and watched most of his videos.

I was one of those people who used to not vote (Well ive only been of age to vote for the 2000 and 2004 elections.) I didnt believe in either candidates then so i dont see why i should of voted for either. I had lost faith in our government. In the political system. I had resigned that it was all beyond my control..

Then i found Congressman Paul. It was a great day for me. It was the day i was once again PROUD to be American. He gives me a hope that i can't express properly.

Anyway theres a little bit about myself :)

AZ Libertarian
06-08-2007, 12:32 PM
My name is Matt Pyeatt. I am the oldest grandson of Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX). I am a school teacher in Texas. (US History) I am married and have a young son. I am 26 years old.

I have been taught by the best from the perspective of economics, foreign policy, and limited government. I really began to think and listen to my grandfather when I was 14 years old. This date happens to coincide with my first of seven readings of The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand.

I have worked on campaigns for my grandfather since 1996. I have learned a lot from the man that many of you have come to support for president.

One thing I can tell you about him is that he is as genuine in person as he is on television. He truly believes the things he says, backs them up with his votes in Congress, and lives a very normal and happy life in Texas.

Matt;
Thank you so much for your post, and for being here! I am a former Badnarik campaigner, and your Grandfather has much in common with Michael. I would not vote or even campaign for anyone who was not a GENUINE PATRIOT, and Ron Paul certainly is that.

about me:
My name is Ed, and I'm an active Libertarian in Phoenix, Arizona.
Precinct Committeman - Jade Precinct
Az LP Committeeman
Az LP Assistant Secretary
Platform Committee Chairman
Member of the Maricopa Libertarian MeetUp Group
Member of the Phoenix Area Ron Paul for President MeetUp Group
I recently created the "Ron Paul for President Flash Mob" (hee hee)
Proud to be an Honorably Discharged U. S. Army Veteran

I WOULD BE PROUD TO CALL RON PAUL 'MY PRESIDENT'!

Grimnir
06-08-2007, 12:38 PM
My name is Garry Archer.
I live in Moriarty, NM (aka. BFE).

I'm a big supporter of Ron Paul and all Libertarian points of view.

I'm doing what I can to get his name out there and convince anyone I can to support him.

If you are a Ron Paul supporter and have a MySpace account, feel free to add me as your friend - http://www.myspace.com/odin9

Also, I have on my personal website (http://garryarcher.seemsweird.com) a good bit of Ron Paul information and videos.

givemeliberty
06-08-2007, 12:46 PM
My name is Steve Slaughter and I am an 44 year old IT Manager for an academic department at a large state university and father of triplets. I have been reading Ron Paul's writings for several years now. In the last two elections I have supported third party candidates. I firmly believe that the two party system has become a reality TV game show sham and a corporate front for the military industrial complex. I am delighted that Ron Paul is running as the views he articulates are the most near to my own.

I am inspired by his candidacy and by the good people who make up his candidacy. It gives me hope that all is not lost and that the American Ideal that we all grew up with can once again stand above all else and be a beacon of salvation to the world!

Above all else, we must get busy and make a Ron Paul presidency a reality!

givemeliberty....

Marceline88
06-08-2007, 01:17 PM
Howdy, my name is Jamie. I am a 32 year old mother, wife and American voter from rural Missouri close to the Kansas City metro area. I support Ron Paul 1000%. I have never been this excited about a Presidential candidate in my life. I had lost hope that my country would ever return to it's Constitutional roots. Dr. Paul has restored my faith in the political process and shown me what our nation was intended to be by our founders and what it can be with his principled and honest leadership.

Interesting note as to how I found out about Ron Paul. It actually came from reading Rosie O'Donnell's blog, one questioner asked if she agreed with Ron Paul and his views after the 2nd debate, she simply replied, I do. So I googled his name watched hours of Youtube videos and proceeded to be blown away. I know Rosie is a contraversial figure but I happen to think she has been stating the obvious about this unconstitutional war all along.

An interesting thing has happened to me....I used to identify myself as an independent liberal and sided generally with the Democrats and occasionally third party. Through Dr. Paul however I can see that my views actually line up with tradition conservatives and above all the label that suits me best is AMERICAN. I simply want less government, less taxes, and MORE LIBERTY!!!

Pistis
06-09-2007, 01:47 AM
Hi everyone, I'm Michael -- a Brit living in London, UK and just joined the forum. While i'm not American, I will certainly be doing everything I can to support Ron Paul and get him elected president -- I've known about him for a couple of years now and his message resonates deeply with freedom lovers and patriots everywhere.

As some of you may know, Britain is the archetypal model of a western state with hard won freedoms now destroying the civil liberties of its citizens, the pace at which civil liberties have been eroded under the Blair government is frightening and unreal. But the good news is that the people are starting to wake up and no longer accepting the same old spin about the need to sacrifice liberty for security because it hasn't worked for us so far.

I wish Britain had someone of the stature, true patriotism and consistency of Ron Paul the people could rally around. Having said that, what's good for America is good for Britain and Ron Paul is best for America!

kimosabi
06-09-2007, 02:01 AM
Hi everyone, I'm Michael -- a Brit living in London, UK and just joined the forum. While i'm not American, I will certainly be doing everything I can to support Ron Paul and get him elected president -- I've known about him for a couple of years now and his message resonates deeply with freedom lovers and patriots everywhere.

As some of you may know, Britain is the archetypal model of a western state with hard won freedoms now destroying the civil liberties of its citizens, the pace at which civil liberties have been eroded under the Blair government is frightening and unreal. But the good news is that the people are starting to wake up and no longer accepting the same old spin about the need to sacrifice liberty for security because it hasn't worked for us so far.

I wish Britain had someone of the stature, true patriotism and consistency of Ron Paul the people could rally around. Having said that, what's good for America is good for Britain and Ron Paul is best for America!

Australian's are having their Civil Rights eroded as well, I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that the real Terrorists are currently running America, Britain and Australia.

I also wish we he someone of Ron Pauls stature, true patriotism and consistency running for Prime Minister in Australia.

mdh
06-09-2007, 07:46 AM
Australian's are having their Civil Rights eroded as well, I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that the real Terrorists are currently running America, Britain and Australia.

I also wish we he someone of Ron Pauls stature, true patriotism and consistency running for Prime Minister in Australia.

France, too. Look at Missieur Sarkozy.

gregp701
06-09-2007, 11:24 AM
Hello everyone. I've been lurking around here for some time and I thought I should introduce myself. My name is Greg, and I am a huge Ron Paul supporter.

I must confess that I voted for W in 2000, and in 04. I was a blind, chest thumping neo-con and I was wrong. I actually thought that we were doing the right thing by invading Iraq. I actually supported the Patriot act. Several things I have learned since have not only changed my mind, but how I actually think. Kind of an awakening.

Anyway, it's good to be here amongst you folks. Go Ron Paul!!!!

LibertyBelle
06-09-2007, 11:59 AM
Hello!

My name's Jenn, and naturally love Ron Paul and his character, ideas, and integrity! If anyone lives in the Sarasota/Bradenton area, feel free to send me a private message. Looking for others to meet with.

Voted for Baby Bush in 2000, but neither Bush nor Kerry in 2004. Thank the heavens that we actually have an honest patriot running for Prez!

Ponce
06-09-2007, 03:39 PM
Hi! Ponce here in the woods or Oregon.....retired and happy.

If we want to save America we need Ron Paul for the future of this country must be in the hands of someone who will be for America and not for the state of Israel.

We need him in order to put America first, second and third.

"A vote for Ron Paul is a vote for America"... Ponce

May the force be with him............Ron Paul in 2008

revolution
06-09-2007, 03:53 PM
Fred Soto -- San Jose, California.

I'm originally from Texas, former moderate / Clintonian democrat. After meeting 3 Libertarians in my life-time, I've come to a conclusion: The Libertarian party is the party of the brains.

Every person I've met that shares this background has an aura of intelligence that I have not felt or seen anywhere else. After meeting the third libertarian, I came to recognize it wasn't a fluke... and now Ron Paul has convinced me that the party deserves some publicity, along with Ron Paul as their representative.

I'm inspired by Ron Paul's love for constitutional rights and freedom and I love what Ron Paul stands for... every time I see him talk I am left wanting more. Frankly, I don't believe Republicans stand a chance in hell against Clinton or Obama, -- the latter of which has impressed me in the same way that Ron Paul has. Ron Paul or one of the democrats in 2008, its the only logical choice for the majority of Americans, and that is the biggest reason to support the only anti-war Republican.

This is what you need to push, see if Rudy Giuliani can match this
Ron Paul, a Christian, embraces true conservative values, adherent to the constitution, a man of principle and does not play games with taxpayer dollars.

JSPasswaters
06-09-2007, 08:34 PM
My name is Jason and I'm a US Marine living in Okinawa, Japan. Ron Paul is a breath of fresh air and he's got my vote. Sincerity, consistency, loyalty, integrity, etc... why does this seem like a totally new concept in DC? Ron Paul is the man to take us back to where we belong. Ron Paul 2008!

R,
Jason

DadaOrwell
06-10-2007, 10:05 AM
I'm Dave Ridley aka Dada Orwell from the Free State of New Hampshire!

I moved up here in 04 for more freedom, and to peaceably fight for individual liberty in NH. The Ron Paul thing is a chance to fight for NH liberty, my liberty and the nation's liberty at the same time!

People up here are lit on fire and we are turning out larger numbers of supporters than most of the other candidates; RP is also now 2nd in funds raised from New Hampshirites.

I've already been to five ron paul demonstrations here in state...including one last week where 250 people showed up. We are just getting started.

BMWRider
06-10-2007, 05:21 PM
Hi, I am Mike Koeniger from Newport News, VA. I am a former member of the Libertarian Party, a recovering Republican, and a member of the Constitution Party. I am a Civics and Economics teacher in the public schools and a huge supporter of Ron Paul. Thought I would say hello!

pcosmar
06-10-2007, 09:31 PM
Hi all,
I am new to this fourm, Ron Paul supporter. Looking for ways to help, doing some, want to do more. I came here to find ideas and like minded folks. I sometimes debate and discuss Ron and rights on another forum. I may just need this to recharge.
I am also here.
http://pcosmar.blogspot.com/
http://jamadots.com/~pcosmar/

I hope I can be of service.

mdh
06-10-2007, 09:44 PM
Nice avatar, pcosmar.
Whacky how many Ron Paul fans are unix geeks.

pcosmar
06-10-2007, 10:37 PM
I sorta have a thing about Freedom.

mdh
06-11-2007, 05:59 AM
http://www.ronpaul.name/media/chuck_ronpaul.png

AnotherAmerican
06-11-2007, 02:32 PM
Hi all, I've been lurking about a week now. I'm 38/F, artist, near Berkeley, recovering Democrat.

Dr. Paul "gets it" in a way that I haven't seen from anyone else in politics in my lifetime. On the Really Important Stuff like foreign policy, sound money, trade, taxes, Habeus Corpus(!), RealID(!!), North American Union(!!!)... he's on top of it. This totally eclipses any transient "social issues." We can argue about those tomorrow, if we survive today.

All the media-designated "frontrunners" of both parties are obviously bought and paid for by the same entity, using transparent psyop tactics to divide us over religion and gender and race and orientation. I've seen this red-blue game before, on the streets of LA. The only winner is the one running both gangs. Or in this case, the person who decides which candidates the TV says we're supposed to consider "serious."

Vote Ron Paul, for the future. If you want to have one at all.

PS: Slackware!

angelatc
06-11-2007, 02:39 PM
All the media-designated "frontrunners" of both parties are obviously bought and paid for by the same entity, using transparent psyop tactics to divide us over religion and gender and race and orientation.

A friend of mine just started college, late in life. I warned her that one of the terrible side effects of education is seeing the eyes of so many other people still closed.

Welcome, from a reformed neocon.

maggiebott
06-11-2007, 03:00 PM
I'm Charlotte from Bucks County Pennsylvania, and I'm an atheist, pro choice and still support Ron Paul wholeheartedly. Finally a candidate I can trust to work for the people and not the fascists.

largo
06-12-2007, 12:32 PM
Hi Folks...:D

I'm Largo from Sweden....:cool:
I've been following the very exciting development of RP:s "Running for President Campaign..."

and...as I'm a Big Fan of the Original US Constitution...and...therefore I''m also very Pleased of all the support and IMPACT that RP generates by His very STRAIGHTFORWARD way of presenting His Views...In Fact...I even believe HE's the Very Guy who will Change the World...No matter if he'll be elected or Not...

Unwittingly or not...RP has started a Movement...that NO-ONE can stop....

Here in Sweden we have a group of likeminded people that have agreed to contact every American Citizen they know...and ...Tell THEM about RP....

Further ...as many of us are connected to the Internet and members of many forums...we ALL have begin to make postings about RP and directing them to the Videos....

WHY I do This...?

As I said before...The RP Movement...will CHANGE this Civilization...

"The Greedy League"...and their "Politician Puppets"...have NO CHANCE...
If ...Opposing this movement...they'll just be rolled over...:rolleyes:

As I've been reading a lot on Other Forums...I've got this GUT Feeling..that It's sort of In The AIR...The RP Movement...will just keep rolling on...unstoppable..because the RP messages ... SOOO very much HIT the very CORE of every freethinking Being...ALL OVER THE PLANET...:)

THIS IS SOOOO EXCITING!!!!:D

It's On ly MY OWN Thoughts...:cool:

:cool: :) Largo:) :cool:

mdh
06-12-2007, 12:42 PM
Thank you, largo! I love the Swedish people, such nice folks there. :)

Hamburglar
06-12-2007, 01:19 PM
Hello, I'm Jason from Davis, California. I'm a 19 year old conservative libertarian. I believe in the constitution and hate what is happening to my country. Before I heard about Ron Paul I was very pessimistic about this country, but Ron Paul has given me hope. I believe he and his message will return this country to its former glory.

wildcatlh
06-12-2007, 02:52 PM
Hi, I'm Andrew, and I'm a Freedom-oholic.

(Hi, Andrew)

I'm a 30 year old attorney in Miami, Florida. I was raised by two liberal democrat parents, rebelled, became a staunch conservative (Limbaugh-type conservative) through high school and the first half of my college career, then by about 1998 moved on to my libertarian (small l) philosophy.

First year I was old enough to vote, voted for Bob Dole in '96. Voted for Harry Browne in '00 but supported Dubya. Voted for Michael Badnarik in '04, though I didn't like him much (at that time I was regretting supporting Dubya in '00). But this is the first time I've ever been excited about a Presidential candidate.

netzorro
06-13-2007, 01:20 PM
Beatnik, hippie, yippie, SDS, yuppie and now a Ron Paul supporter. :cool:

Spirit of '76
06-13-2007, 01:38 PM
Howdy, y'all.

I'm Roger, I'm 30 years old, and I live in North Central WV. Montani Semper Liberi!

I have to admit that since I don't watch TV, I had kind of overlooked Dr. Paul until last week when I received the latest issue of The American Conservative (http://amconmag.com). Dr. Paul is on the cover, and the issue has more than a few pages devoted to praising Dr. Paul and discussing the threat he poses to the neocon stranglehold on the Republican party.

Since reading this, I've been researching Dr. Paul on the Internet, reading all that I could find, watching videos on youtube, etc. Now I have to say that I've never been so enthused about a presidential candidate. I've never been more impressed by a presidential candidate's sincerity, integrity, and pure class. You can just see the honesty written in the man's face.

For the past twelve years, I've been registered as an independent voter. Until discovering Dr. Paul and this grassroots campaign, my plan had been to remain independent and vote in the democratic primary (they allow independents to vote) with the intention of voting against the socialist Hillary Clinton. Now, though, I've decided that I'm going to switch my registration to republican and vote for Dr. Paul in their primary.

I'd love to hear from mdh and any other Paul supporters here in Mountaineer Country, so that we can share ideas on how to get the word out about the breath of fresh air that is Ron Paul.

GoRonPaul
06-13-2007, 01:48 PM
Hey, I'm Will from Southern Maryland / Central Virginia. I now live with my wife in Buenos Aires, Argentina. I'm a moderate libertarian. I reluctantly voted for Bush in '00 and for Kerry, against Bush in '04. But this is the first time I've ever been excited about a politician... Ron Paul is my ideal candidate. God bless 'im!!

nhgirl
06-13-2007, 02:08 PM
Hey there~

I'm Carrie, 37 year old wife and mom of 2. We live in central NH...made it to the rally last week, wow what a time we had!! I'm so glad I went. I came home and put out a yard sign and bumper stickers on my car.

Looking forward to lots of reach-out with the local Ron Paul Meetup group and hearing some great ideas from the forum here about how to spread the word about the Ron Paul revolution :0)

Best regards,

Carrie

"Thoughts determine what you want...ACTION determines what you get"

mdh
06-13-2007, 02:13 PM
Howdy, y'all.

I'm Roger, I'm 30 years old, and I live in North Central WV. Montani Semper Liberi!

I have to admit that since I don't watch TV, I had kind of overlooked Dr. Paul until last week when I received the latest issue of The American Conservative (http://amconmag.com). Dr. Paul is on the cover, and the issue has more than a few pages devoted to praising Dr. Paul and discussing the threat he poses to the neocon stranglehold on the Republican party.

Since reading this, I've been researching Dr. Paul on the Internet, reading all that I could find, watching videos on youtube, etc. Now I have to say that I've never been so enthused about a presidential candidate. I've never been more impressed by a presidential candidate's sincerity, integrity, and pure class. You can just see the honesty written in the man's face.

For the past twelve years, I've been registered as an independent voter. Until discovering Dr. Paul and this grassroots campaign, my plan had been to remain independent and vote in the democratic primary (they allow independents to vote) with the intention of voting against the socialist Hillary Clinton. Now, though, I've decided that I'm going to switch my registration to republican and vote for Dr. Paul in their primary.

I'd love to hear from mdh and any other Paul supporters here in Mountaineer Country, so that we can share ideas on how to get the word out about the breath of fresh air that is Ron Paul.

Excellence! Glad to see more local folks getting involved. I'm making concerted efforts to track down the folks on ronpaulregistry, eventful, and other sites from our area as well. Dr. Paul's message is starting to resonate throughout WV, even among conservative Democrats in the labor territories to the south.

I tossed you a private message with contact info, by the way. :)

Spirit of '76
06-13-2007, 02:22 PM
Dr. Paul's message is starting to resonate throughout WV, even among conservative Democrats in the labor territories to the south.

Yeah, I'm originally from down that way, so I'll be spreading the word every time I go home to visit friends and family.

I tossed you a private message with contact info, by the way. :)

PM sent. Let's shake this state up.

atheistinafoxhole
06-15-2007, 06:46 PM
hey i'm Jordan and I'm a truck mechanic in the U.S. Airforce. I've been serving almost five years now and i've been in Iraq for the last five months. never have been a big fan of pollitics and never have really claimed a party. being here has givin me a reason to care. things need to change. I plan on spreading the word when i get back to my home station of Elmendorf Alaska as much as possible.
if you are located in alaska feel free to let me know of local things i can do to help

www.myspace.com/jordan1133

RAmen

CJLauderdale4
06-15-2007, 06:49 PM
- atheistinafoxhole

Glad to have you on board!! Let all your brothers-in-arms know that there is an alternative. There is someone they can start getting behind right now!!

Did you know: Ron Paul was a flight surgeon in the USAF...

herepamwas
06-15-2007, 07:03 PM
Hi all! My name is Pam I am 31, and a single mother of 2 boys. I work full time as a LPN in Western NY. I haven't followed politics in a very long time and frankly I can't remember which party I choose when I registered to vote many years ago. My brother turned me on to Dr. Ron. I haven't been able to get enough! I have donated to the campaign and ordered a bumper sticker. I have been lurking here for about a week. Glad I found ya all!

mdh
06-15-2007, 07:07 PM
Hi all! My name is Pam I am 31, and a single mother of 2 boys. I work full time as a LPN in Western NY. I haven't followed politics in a very long time and frankly I can't remember which party I choose when I registered to vote many years ago. My brother turned me on to Dr. Ron. I haven't been able to get enough! I have donated to the campaign and ordered a bumper sticker. I have been lurking here for about a week. Glad I found ya all!

Hiya Pam, glad to have you on board!

angrydragon
06-15-2007, 07:17 PM
We need more Ron Paul junkies. hehe.

guntherg16
06-16-2007, 11:03 AM
My name is Darren. I live in the Southern Tier of New York. I work in the field of civil engineering.

I've been familiar with Ron Paul for the last couple of years. Since I've learned of him I've hoped that he would run for president. I never really thought it would happen though. This is like a dream come true for me.

One more thing, Ron Paul is the first politician I've ever donated money to.

There is hope for America again, Ron Paul all the way in '08!!!

lucius
06-16-2007, 11:21 AM
givin me a reason to care. things need to change.

Struck a same cord for me--Welcome!

PatriotOne
06-17-2007, 06:07 PM
Hi all.

42, Washington State. Thought I would rather be tortured at Guatanamo Bay before I ever voted for a Republican or Texan again.

I could literally write a book to tell you how I have come to be an avid supporter of Ron Paul, but I would rather direct my energy into making sure Ron Paul is the next President of the United States, so here's the short version:

I have been avidly researching my Government for about 2 years now (practically a full time job) and what I have seen, or perhaps I should say, what I have not been told by the media, has been a rather horrifying education. An education I would do all over again though, as I feel I have evolved intellectually 1000 years.

I am convinced that Ron Paul's objectives and general ideologies are the pathway to get us off this road to ruin we are currently on. Actually, "convinced" isn't even the right word. I think passionate is more appropriate.

It is my passion and the passion of other Ron Paul supporter's that I see everyday that makes me confident. I have yet to see that from any other candidate’s support group. Sure they got supporters, but I swear most of them don't even know why they are supporting their candidate. They are supporting an illusion. A made for TV leading lady or man spewing rhetoric. The other day, I saw a video posted on YouTube that was taken at the GOP debates. One of the Ron Paul supporters's asked a Giuliani sign holder why he was supporting Rudy. The guy stuttered and stumbled and basically couldn't come up with any better answer than he was the hero or something during 9/11. That's it in a nutshell folks. We are up against "illusions" of what these other candidates only profess to be. It's a weak position and becomes apparent when a person like Ron Paul is allowed to speak.

Passion/Truth/Knowledge vs. Illusions.

I don't kid myself to think this is going to be a cake walk, I know the deck has already been stacked by very powerful people, but I have more faith in the passionate people I see supporting Ron Paul and people connecting with good ole common sense when they hear it from Ron Paul.

Look at what we have already done!

Look what just speaking the truth has already done for Ron Paul!

I haven't had a chance to look around much yet, but I am hoping this is a pro-active community and there is a lot less talking than there is action! I myself am on a mission and that mission is getting Ron Paul to the White House.

Thank you to the originator's/owner's of this forum for providing a place to gather. I have had forums myself, so I know how much work it can be.

Sorry all.... didn’t mean for this to be so long. I am just that excited about Ron Paul!

angrydragon
06-17-2007, 06:19 PM
Cool patriotone, glad you're here. I think once people, just like you did, stop watching and believing the stuff MSM puts out, they'll start waking up. Once they start really educating themselves on what's really is going on, they'll see that all of these politicians and the news being reported are fake and untruthful, promising freedom and a false sense of security.

Nabeel
06-18-2007, 01:09 AM
Hi, This post is very informative, however I would like some specific information. If someone can help me then please send me a private message. Best Regards.
(http://www.zameen.com) (http://www.uk-wholesaler.co.uk)

mikelovesgod
06-18-2007, 02:53 AM
Mike from San Antonio, TX. Let's get together to get the guy to win!!!

mdh
06-18-2007, 05:58 AM
Hi, This post is very informative, however I would like some specific information. If someone can help me then please send me a private message. Best Regards,

Hi Nabeel,
I would suggest making a post asking all of the specific questions and get a dialog going, rather than asking people to PM you. This way everyone can weigh in on your questions, and you'll get the most possible information, since none of us knows everything, and some know more about other subjects than others do.

weatherbill
06-19-2007, 04:42 PM
Hi
I'm bill, from nashville, TN
I am a strong Ron Paul supporter. He is the only candidate that is addressing the theif of inflation and the dilution of our currency. All the others are ineffective and vein becasue they will never change the ever sliding devaluation of the dollar. Ron Paul knows, as we know, that it is a matter of simply printing our own gov. issued money instead of the private fed reserve banker money. This is simply economic 101, yet most of the population does not understand it becasue the money powers behind the media have done a great job at clouding the issues with their stupidity.
Right now, I would encourage everyone to only concentrate on republican groups of people so we can get RP in, then concentrate on the others to get their vote.
Such places as college campus', concerts are usually filled with democrats, so if you go to those places with RP material, emphisize the war, that hillary voted for the war, but RP has always been agaisnt it.....he is the wiser person to be president.
With churches and such where there is more of a republican base, talk about the theif of inflation, how it is immoral for all the candidates to allow this theft of the worker to go on. Emphisize Jesus would not condone such theft and that a worker is worthy of his wage, but the theif of inflation is stealing it from us. Emphisize that RP is pro life. Emphisise RP was a volunteer doctor serving at a christian hospital for some time. Emphisize Ron Paul is a smaret leader who wuold not have gotten us involved with a pre emptive war that is going to cost our children part of their future.
Emphisise how RP is the only candidate that can bring real true change and not to waiste your vote on the others becasue they will do nothing about the theif of inflation.
Emphisize how the old republican party was much different than they present fake republican party high jacked by the neo con/globalizers and that they use religion and morality to get votes, but that there is nothing moral about theft by inflation and a false weights and measures spoken of in the bible.

billardkarr
06-20-2007, 08:54 PM
My name is Bill Karr and I live in Greenwood, Indiana (Indianapolis Mtro). I'm 17, soon to be 18. A yong fan of Ron Paul. I'm about to go into IUPUI to study physics. I have strong interests in science and politics, and really interested in history as well. I was kind of rooting for Barack Obama until I heard about Ron Paul. I looked into him and was very surprised that he wasn't just another politician, and that there might be hope for the Constitution if someone like him were to be elected. I am neither Conservative of Liberal and absolutely detest political polarization. I'm, in today's terms, a Lbertarian. In revolutionary terms, I'm a republican, and an anti-federalist.

Huckleberry
06-21-2007, 12:27 AM
My name is RJ, I'm a graduate student at USC. I got my undergraduate degree in Business with an emphasis in marketing, and currently I am in the Interactive Media program (videogames, mobile, etc.) I'm currently a registered Libertarian though I consider myself more of a "little L" libertarian than a party-line follower.

I'm glad and relieved to see so much support for Ron Paul, even if it is mostly online support. I hope we can get this support onto the streets and force our way into the media and public awareness!

TrueGenius
06-21-2007, 12:24 PM
Hiya:

My name is Tammy. I'm self-employed and own an apparel company and also run the operations for my husbands business consulting company until he outrgrows me. I'm a life-long liberal who is supporting Dr. Paul.

I happened across Ron Paul a few weeks ago while researching some IRS stuff. I didn't watch the Republican debates because they usually make me sick (being honest). I've lived and breathed Ron Paul for the past few weeks and have watched the debates since. I'm border line addicted to the man!

I have NEVER been more jazzed about any candidate in my life. I've NEVER donated to any political campaign or have been involved with any campaign in my life with the exception of one when a friend of mine ran for Congress against Pelosi about five years ago.

I've joined the Meetup group in Arizona (where i currently live) and have donated to Dr. Paul's campaign and I blog about him constantly in my blog (www.randomrhetoric.wordpress.com (http://www.randomrhetoric.wordpress.com%29)).

I'm very much looking forward to getting this man elected as President. I've also decided that I'm voting third party candidates across the board in the election next year.

angrydragon
06-21-2007, 12:41 PM
Cool TrueGenius. Ron Paul needs all the support can get.

Hope you guys who are new can contribute here and to Ron Paul in any way you can. Thanks and welcome...Huckleberry, billardkarr, weatherbill, and everyone who joined in the fight for true freedom.

Acebass
06-21-2007, 06:13 PM
Ny name is Ron better known on the internet as Acebass and I am a Vietnam Veteran and a strong Ron Paul supporter. I am from Louisville Ky.
I look forward to being a member of this Ron Paul forum...

Shmuel Spade
06-21-2007, 06:48 PM
Ny name is Ron better known on the internet as Acebass and I am a Vietnam Veteran and a strong Ron Paul supporter. I am from Louisville Ky.
I look forward to being a member of this Ron Paul forum...

Great to have you Acebass. Check out this (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=3892) thread.

Duckman
06-21-2007, 08:49 PM
I've been posting on and off around here, but I never introduced myself!

I'm from Jacksonville, FL and I live in Orlando, FL right now. My dad was a Goldwater Republican, and that kind of shaped my formative ideas so to speak. I was awakened to libertarian ideas in college but I still considered myself a Republican then.

After 9/11 I started listening to talk radio and got seriously neo-conned! Although during the run-up to the Iraq War I felt in my gut that it was just wrong to attack Iraq, that pre-emptive war was not right. When the war started to go sour I began to see the error of my ways.

In addition to my about-face concerning the war, I'm an atheist, and the increasing religious bent of the Republican party has put me off and drove me to join the LP.

The most important issues to me politically are:

1) Ending imperialism in US foreign policy
2) Getting the government economic house in order before it collapses under deficits
3) Ending the wasteful, pointless, and life ruining war on drugs
4) Reversing the unsettling trend of government control over personal choices

Ron Paul delivers all of this in a way no other candidate can. Plus, he's just such a stand-up guy, and his message seems to resonate so well, that I think he can win despite the best efforts of the establishment to get rid of him.

I am overjoyed that he is running for president, and I plan to help out any way I can.

And if he doesn't win the primary: I will write-in RON PAUL on my ballot!

ThePieSwindler
06-21-2007, 08:58 PM
Why exactly was this unstickied?

mdh
06-21-2007, 09:00 PM
I think this thread was a good sticky to have, personally. :)

JoshLowry
06-21-2007, 09:00 PM
We had too many stickies. :D

Check in "Important Threads"

singapore_sling
06-21-2007, 09:12 PM
My name is Mike and im a 17 yr. old High School Senior from TX who can vote for the first time in '08. I consider myself independent/Libertarian(not a big fan of parties)but I love Ron Paul and his message of using the constitution as a guide for everything. His message of cutting unecessary government spending resonates with me deeply. I'm greatly concerned for the future of my country(pre-emptive wars,etitlement system and ballooning national debt). O yeah and I absolutely abhor neo-cons with my least favorite being Sean Hannity.

Highmesa
06-22-2007, 03:16 PM
My name is Bill and I live in New Mexico. I have a BA in Economics and an MBA. I am probably one of the few here who has actually voted for Dr. Paul for president already, in 1988.

I was taught straight line Keynesianism during my undergrad days, but this was also during the first Reagan administration, so supply-side economics occupied the news. I always thought there was something horribly wrong with the Keyensian world view, and his policy recommendations with regard to government manipulation of the economy. The supply-siders were good, but in practice they showed no desire to reign in the mounting deficits and national debt.

While Keynes advocated deficit spending during recession, it was readily apparent to me that there was nothing in the real world to prevent government from running at a deficit all the time, which was in fact the situation we were faced with in the early 80’s. I was introduced to monetarism and Milton Friedman through one class in my senior year in 1985, and through that I came to realize that Keynes had failed to recognize one major, major factor in his theory - and that was the psychology of people and how they act in their self-interest.

At some point I found Ayn Rand’s book Atlas Shrugged and was fascinated that there we indeed other people out there that thought like me.

I don’t remember how, but at some point I joined the Future of Freedom Foundation. Does anyone remember the little monthly books they would mail out in the days before the internet? This was my introduction to Austrian Economics. Once introduced, I gobbled it up.

Enter the internet - access to Mises.org, LRC, FFF, and tons of other articles and information on economics. The internet has the potential to change the world as information can be vetted through numerous sources and no longer do we have to depend on the talking heads and corporate newspapers to supply us with their truths. The crap is sniffed out pretty quickly these days.

I have been a long time Libertarian, but I will support Ron as I view this as one of our last shots to fix the stupidity of this country (and the world) before a crash becomes inevitable. I am heartened to see so many young people here, as in the past this movement has been dominated by older, disenfranchised citizens and academics. Do not get hung up on small differences you have with him as we can argue about those after we fix the major problems.

Change or not, I will likely make it through my life without too many problems. Later generations will have a serious crisis to deal with that we have left at your feet. For that I am truly sorry, but know that there have been people out here fighting for us to take responsibility for our actions, our foreign policy, and our welfare state instead of leaving it for the children to deal with.

From FDR on, the manipulation of public opinion in this country by political creatures concerned only with their own good fortune is a horrible plague that has been wrought on the American public. My hope is that the free flow of information through the internet is finally turning the tide away from the powerful and back to the people. Do not ever let them control that or take that away from you, and believe me they are going to seriously push for that over the next few years.

It is my sincerest hope that we can get Dr. Paul to the While House and if that were to happen, I think I would begin to weep uncontrollably knowing that at least this country would be safe from the ravages of world government, and that the people would once again start to become free. I've been waiting all my adult life, 25 years, for this opportunity.

johnrocks
06-22-2007, 04:13 PM
I am 46 years old and am in the insurance business in Louisiana,I attended La.Tech University and received my degree in economics in 1982. Although I have never voted for Ron Paul,I most certainly will this time and will do whatever I can to spread his message far and wide.

Dary
06-22-2007, 04:51 PM
My name is Dary and I’m a (Ron)aholic.

I hate authority.

I love puppies (not literally).

I ran for state house of representative in FL back in 2000 as a libertarian and I got my ass handed to me.

I’m a glorified computer programmer.

I’m old.

Ron Paul rocks.

mdh
06-22-2007, 05:14 PM
Are you a 'recovering' alcoholic, or happy to be an alcoholic with no wish to recover, though?

lynnf
06-22-2007, 08:46 PM
Please share who you are, where you are from, what you do for work, and what kind of special connections or things can you do to help Dr. Ron Paul out. You don't have to provide specifics, but I do want to get to know as many of you supporters out there as I can!

Your turn...

:)

I'm Lynn in Texas. I'm currently a customer service specialist in a call center, but
I used to be a programmer/software engineer until our traitorous leaders decided to ship jobs overseas and invite foreigners to take jobs here. Enough of that story, but you can see why that made me an activist. That was one of the first signs that made me realize that something was acutely wrong and caused me to keep a lookout for other signs.

I haven't always been a RonPaul fan but I see Ron as the last hope for our dying constitution. All other candidates either have sold out or will sell out the country. Since I was a delegate to the Texas Republican Convention in the past, I am eligible to go to the Texas Republican straw poll at the end of August, which I plan on doing.

Proctor
06-22-2007, 08:50 PM
Hey Everybody!

I'm 17 and from Albany, NY. I will be able to vote in the election next year, which is why I am interested in politics so early.

I own http://www.topicify.com and have kept very close watch on Ron Paul and his poll statistics.

Ron Paul 2008!

remaxjon
06-22-2007, 08:59 PM
Josh I had no idea this thread was even available and to find out the creator of this site is a realtor as well. Well lets just say good karma my friend good karma

My name is Jon I'm 27 a former neo con hard core republican. My eyes are open now and yes they have seen the light.

I have a degree in Education and History and planned on teaching high school history but I didn't want to make 30k a year so I decided to go into real estate. I've been doing it full time for a little over 3 years now and things are good.

My lawyer girlfriend is a hard core dem and lobbyist which makes debating politics interesting in my house. She hates Paul which make me like him that much more.

As of right now all I do is read about Paul and the Redskins. Everything else is secondary.

jontherealtor.com
for those interseted this is my poorly put together company designed website.

megan
06-23-2007, 02:12 AM
I'm megan. I'm from Nebraska.
I go to Dana College and I study German Language and Intercultural Communication with a Media Studies emphasis. I'm a senior. I want to be a high school speech coach, and eventually a college professor. No rush.

I'm 21. I like rpgs and tabletop games. I love the internet. I also like to bake and sew.
I worship fun.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1184/526838495_4f017bae90.jpg is a full-sized picture, and
http://hoorayformegan.livejournal.com is where I talk about ron paul shit, and my life too. SO YEAH BYE.

austin356
06-23-2007, 03:13 AM
You know my name.

I am a university student at the University of Alabama. I am a B-ness major in management.

I am also a former neocon turned lewrockwell.com follower. I personally believe our federal government is currently an illegitimate governing body, in its present form, because it no longer represents the people. If anyone can change that RP can.

kaligula
06-23-2007, 05:59 AM
I'm a CTO of an intenet firm
I have a BS in Math and Physics

As a teenager, I read Friedman, Hayek, and Ayn Rand and have more or less been a libertarian since that time. I'm a dues paying member of the Libertarian Party and the ACLU. Country voter registration wise, I have always been a registered republican. Ron Paul and Jeff Flake are the only 2 republicans I have any respect for anymore. The fact is I have a particularly vehement disgust for the GOP these days. In North Carolina, you can't register with the county as a Libertarian, so I just kept my Repub registration. A good thing, so now I don't have to switch back to vote for Dr. Paul. And I will be voting for Dr. Paul.

Nick1983
06-23-2007, 01:54 PM
Hi all. I'm a 24 y.o. Canadian from Montreal.

I have discovered Ron Paul only a few weeks ago and I was amazed by his sincerity. I never tought I would hear that much truth coming from a politician.
He is truely an outstanding, good man and he deserves to be elected. Especially at 71 its probably his last chance, making his success that much more crucial.

I just wish I was american so I could vote for him.

Dan Klaus
06-23-2007, 02:27 PM
Americans that reside overseas have beared the brunt of the hatred and disgust that foreigners have for our country's aggressive tactics.

I believe that he is America's last chance for redemption.

I will try my best to spread the "good news" to all the expats living here!

American living overseas as well. Have essentially been battling my conscience on abandoning the US. Dr. Paul has relit a passion for the States that I haven't felt in many, many years. Hometown is San Antonio.

constituent
06-23-2007, 05:59 PM
24, proud constituent (district 14, big vic) and supporter. BA English Lit.

megan
06-23-2007, 06:17 PM
I just wish I was american so I could vote for him.

aww. find someone american to marry real quick. thank you for the international support!

Harald
06-23-2007, 07:54 PM
it takes 2 or 3 years before you can apply for citizenship

B964
06-23-2007, 09:24 PM
My name is Ed.
After 20 years in the automotive field, I simply put down my pen, left my keys on my desk and went home.
I had always wanted the business to be better than it was and what it should and could be.
I was told by upper management that I was "OVERLY MOTIVATED" and my expectations of my employees and co-workers was to high.

I felt the same thing was happening with my country, I thought I just might give up and leave. I could not make it better by myself.

I do not remember exactly where I first saw that Paul was running, but it may have been on youtube. It definitively was not on evening "news".
I do slightly recall his name from 1988, but I was young, dumb and, well, I did not vote for him then.

Anyhow now that I see I am not alone, I have one last glimmer of hope.

I hope "overly motivated" supporters are allowed.

CJLauderdale4
06-23-2007, 09:26 PM
My name is Ed.
After 20 years in the automotive field, I simply put down my pen, left my keys on the desk and when home.
I had always wanted the business to be better than it was and what it should and could be.
I was told by upper management that I was "OVERLY MOTIVATED" and my expectations of my employees and co-workers to high.

I felt the same thing was happening with my country, I thought I just might give up and leave. I could not make it better by myself.

I do not remember exactly where I first saw that Paul was running, but it may have been on youtube. It definitively was not on evening "news".
I do slightly recall his name from 1988, but I was young, dumb and, well, I did not vote for him then.

Anyhow now that I see I am not alone, I have one last glimmer of hope.

I hope "overly motivated" supporters are allowed.

Welcome, Ed!
Motivation is exactly what we need in this grassroots effort. Chime in on threads, get some ideas, and get involved!

Bradley in DC
06-23-2007, 09:27 PM
it takes 2 or 3 years before you can apply for citizenship

She meant for Dr. Paul's RE-election!

pennycat
06-23-2007, 10:03 PM
Hi People!
52 year old in semi-retirement. Got hooked on RP decades ago. Love his honesty and 'presence.' No better candidate exists in my opinion. And I've seen a lot of them. Been into politics since my dad ran for school board when I was a youngster. Still remember him supporting Goldwater in (geez can't remeber the year ;-).

Presently learning how to grow central Florida meetup groups. Never, ever seen so much grassroots movement!

My promise: The I-4 corridor (epicenter of swing votes in FL) will be delivered into the RP win column. That's a period!

Wyurm
06-23-2007, 10:06 PM
My name is Jeremy
I make foam
I live in the Southern suburbs of Chicago, IL
As for why, well I saw Dr. Paul speak about the need to abolish the Federal Reserve before. I used to use C-Span to help me fall asleep, but I couldn't turn him off since what he was saying was actually something I understood and that I knew would benefit us. After he was done speaking, I went to sleep thinking that I would never see him again since honest, caring, realistic people don't usually last in Washington.

Then about 4 days ago I found a video about the CFR that had a message about voting for Ron Paul. So, I Googled him and found that very speech he made about the Fed on youtube. Now I can't stop talking about him, learning about him, watching videos about him, etc... We need him and that's why I'm supporting him any way I can.

kylebrotherton
06-23-2007, 10:11 PM
My name is Kyle Brotherton. I'm a 28 year old waiter from Edmonds, WA. I'm a Christian Conservative and am excited to finally find a qualified candidate who will keep his Presidential oath.

For the first time in my life; I'm actively involved in, and donating to, a presidential campaign. I support Ron Paul for an America:Reunited.

John Quincy Adams II
06-23-2007, 10:30 PM
my name is jeremy as well from north central ohio, I am 33 and a factory worker. I have a concern with nafta and north american union and united nations, federal reserve and any secret society. a friend from work gave me a video by aaron russo that had ron paul in it. I thought a true honest man in government. Then he told me he was running for president. The more i learn of him the more i like him and just want other people to realize the dangers we face and why ron paul's issues and stance is what we need or it will be over. I know alot of people in my family and church that have the same concerns we all do and didn't even know who ron paul was. I wear my ron pual shirts to work and keep fliers of his issues in my locker. then we will put some in my wifes purse as we wear our ron paul shirts to the fair, zoo and where ever we go among the people.

joel
06-25-2007, 06:11 PM
This is Joel from Charlottesville, VA. I run my own Ron Paul blog (http://ronpaul.typepad.com) and have been waiting forever for a real libertarian to run in the Republican Party. I'm a financial analyst for a small pharmaceutical company.

hroos
06-25-2007, 08:10 PM
I'm a 24 year old engineering student in Miami, FL and a 2nd generation immigrant (my parents are from Peru). I'm a Christian by choice. And although "conservative" would typically follow the label since I saw and heard Dr. Paul at the 2nd GOP debate I can at least say that I do not care about the label - I vote for Ron Paul. I never knew that I was waiting for Dr Paul to run for president. If I had heard of him before I'm sure that would have been the case. I am finally excited to support a candidate who will follow the law and be reforming force in this country.

I am still way behind and getting the message out to all of my friends and family but I have started and they will hear the good news.

klamath
07-08-2007, 10:00 AM

quickmike
07-08-2007, 10:13 AM
37 yr old business owner/contractor working in the wireless broadband industry. I support Ron Paul because he is the only candidate that stands for all americans rights to make the best they can for themselves without interference from government. I loved the message of Ronald Reagan when I was just a kid, and realized that although I liked his message, he never really lived up to it. The same cannot be said about Ron Paul. He talks the talk and walks the walk.

I am doing all I can to get the word out there that there is a candidate that believes in personal responsibility and freedom, and the protection of our freedom that the constitution guarantees.

nullvalu
07-08-2007, 10:19 AM
My name is Aron, from NW Indiana. I'm a software consultant in my upper 20's, married 7 yrs with 3 children. I consider myself conservative, but have never identified myself as a republican or democrat, nor have I ever voted for one for president (voted Badnarik in 04).

I found out about Dr. Paul through researching the federal reserve and found his stance on the subject. What amazed me at first that there was someone already in Washington who is for smaller government. Then I remembered a nickname I heard tossed around a few years back "Dr. No". I started researching his candidacy and his position on the issues, the more I read the more I found how much I agree with him.

One of my main issues is our economic future. I see the writing on the wall in the software industry first hand with the constant layoffs and deportation of jobs.

I want to help put RP in the White House and give him an opportunity to turn this country around.

tony
07-08-2007, 10:26 AM
Hi, my name is Tony, I'm a 36 year old computer support specialist from Maryland. I've always voted Libertarian except for the one year that I voted for Ross Perot, I never vote for the lesser evil.

I've been following Ron Paul via LewRockwell articles for a couple of year now, and am estatic that he's running this time around.

After watching some of his early YouTube vids and early debate appearances, I felt compelled to join the process and assist in any small way I can. First off I donated $100, the first time I EVER gave money to a political movement. Since then I've donated more, and hope to continue as my paychecks allow.

Ron Paul may not have the screen presence of many of the other candidates, but within his small unassuming frame strides the spirit of a Titan! His principaled stand for Liberty, Justice and of course Sound Money is what America is all about. He has rekindled in me what it means to be an American.

tony

thompsonisland
07-08-2007, 11:51 AM
I'm Sarah, a stay-at-home mom and gardener in Southern Maine. Ron Paul is the only politician I can stand, and I am making a tentative foray out of my anarcho-capitalist shell to support him. Ron Paul seems sincere, and he also appears to be a real person who holds political office, rather than a career politician. There is no active movement here, alas, and I am not in a position to start one, but I would love to help with stuff I could do from home with a toddler in tow!

PatriotOne
07-08-2007, 12:19 PM
Welcome all you newcomers! Glad to have you on the freedom train.

Don't let mainstream media fool you. Ron Paul is literally a grass fire moving across America....it's the GOP Parties dirty little secret ;) .

With good people like ya all, we are taking America back.

Jump in anywhere...this is a fast moving forum :) .

Roxi
07-08-2007, 12:48 PM
Hello Im Roxi, and Im a Paulaholic.....sorry couldn't resist

im the mother of a 5 year old and I live with my boyfriend in Tulsa Ok....My boyfriend introduced me to Ron Paul a few months ago by saying I found this guy running for president that wants to abolish the IRS...we started checking him out and have been obsessed ever since, we are assistant organizers of our meetup group and have been Paul-verizing the public with info for about 2 months now

nice to finally get some personal info on everyone this is the first time ive seen this thread and Ive been obsessed with this forum for a few weeks now

shrugged0106
07-08-2007, 12:58 PM
Hi!

We are Don and Anne from LaGrange Ky. Mid 30's and have been together since High School. We have also lived a few years in Las Vegas and Greenville, SC, and grew up in Syracuse, NY.

Anne is a massage therapist and Don is a Certified Six Sigma Master Black Belt.

Always been GOP, but have lost confidence in our party of late. We hope to see a return to the core values of our founders.

Our two childern, Hannah(7) and Chloe(5) share an excitement with us when it comes to Dr. Paul.

We are lovers of the constitution and our inaliable rights granted to us from our creator.

We have this love affair with his candidacy due to the ever growing influence and negative impact that we see the Federal government is exerting on our lives.

We hate the illegal and immoral income tax especially!

Lady Liberty
07-08-2007, 02:39 PM
Hi I'm Becca,
I currently live in California, but I've also lived in Ohio, Florida, Colorado, and NY. I'm a programmer and artist in the computer graphics industry. I'm the daughter of fairly extreme liberals. In the first election that I was eligible to vote in, I voted for Ralph Nadar. I liked his anti-corporatist leanings and his support of protecting the environment. I am not ashamed to say I voted for him, because I agreed with his intent. I don't however agree with alot of his tactics, or with the green party in general. So therefore in the next election I sought out Harry Browne. This was the first candidate I found whose economical conservatism didn't conflict with my socially liberal viewpoint. I was so dissapointed when I saw how easily he was swept under the rug by the MSM, that I vowed at that point not to participate in our broken 2 party system. I AM ashamed to say that I haven't voted for the last few elections. Enter Ron Paul...finally I've found a candidate whose viewpoint I agree with 90%. And the other 10%? Well I actually trust him to let those issues be worked out on the local level. I believe he will be our next President, and I'm going to do what I can to help that happen.

CoreyBowen999
07-08-2007, 03:47 PM
Hi my name is Corey and I live in Houston, Texas. Yes, I am 14 years old and still too young for much but I am already interested in politics. I believe in about 99% of Paul's views and hope that he is our next President. :D

angrydragon
07-08-2007, 03:49 PM
I think you're the youngest one here Corey.

CoreyBowen999
07-08-2007, 03:50 PM
Thats cool. I'm glad to be here

kylejack
07-08-2007, 03:59 PM
Hi my name is Corey and I live in Houston, Texas. Yes, I am 14 years old and still too young for much but I am already interested in politics. I believe in about 99% of Paul's views and hope that he is our next President. :D

Hey Corey, its fantastic that you're interested in politics at 14. How did you hear about Ron Paul, anyway?

Now get to work on converting those parents. ;)

Edit: And I'm in Houston too.

angrydragon
07-08-2007, 04:00 PM
Yep, it's great to see young kids who know what liberty is all about.

CoreyBowen999
07-08-2007, 04:01 PM
I heard about Ron while watching the debates and I am on the internet all the time so I looked him up. I already converted my grandma. My mom and my dad aren't so willing to listen to me.

kylejack
07-08-2007, 04:08 PM
And oh yeah, my name is Kyle and I am a 26 year old Helpdesk technical support guy for an insurance company in Houston, Texas. I first learned about Ron Paul about 6 years ago in libertarian circles while supporting Libertarian Party candidates and I've been sending him money ever since.