PDA

View Full Version : Drudge main headline: Adam Kokesh talks to Occupy Wall Street protesters

Agorism
10-02-2011, 04:59 PM
PROTESTERS CALL FOR RE-ELECTION OF OBAMA?

http://drudgereport.com

bluesc
10-02-2011, 05:01 PM
Drudge --> Info Wars --> Adam Kokesh?

Hell yeah. That video is awesome too. Good for Adam.

MRoCkEd
10-02-2011, 05:03 PM
Probably best to disassociate from this whole "Occupy Wall St." movement now... lol

bluesc
10-02-2011, 05:10 PM
Guys, if you want any kind of exposure for something Ron Paul related, you should comment on the youtube video now and let us know which to upvote. The views are going to explode on that video now.

wgadget
10-02-2011, 05:11 PM
http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=195248

libertybrewcity
10-02-2011, 05:25 PM
Adam did an excellent job! He probably reached more people doing his own thing than he did through his entire career on RT. I think he should stick with infowars as a journalist or something.

Lucille
10-02-2011, 05:30 PM
PROTESTERS CALL FOR RE-ELECTION OF OBAMA?

http://drudgereport.com

LOL...

How can a self-proclaimed Occupy Wall Street protester simultaneously support the man whose 2008 campaign was bankrolled by Wall Street, whose 2012 campaign is reliant on Wall Street to an even greater extent, and whose cabinet was filled with Wall Street operatives?

Not to mention Obama's support for the (on-going) banksta bailouts. Self-deluded, or just dumb?

torchbearer
10-02-2011, 05:52 PM
the youtube is painful.
that one girl with the high school letterman jacket is a complete ditz.
she's angry and she has bought a brand of marxism conflict theory to simplify her world view as hate capital, love government- but then admits the government is ran by the 1%ers, and she wants more of it.

wgadget
10-02-2011, 05:57 PM
Erggg...Time to EDUCATE THEM. They obviously didn't get it in college.

MikeStanart
10-02-2011, 07:16 PM
LOL that curly haired chick is in Harvard???? Oh my, we're in a pickle.

V3n
10-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Adam Kokesh just re-earned all the +rep he lost after the whole Jesse Benton "scandal" that I'm not going to go into.. Good show, sir! Good show!

And to the lass who bought the Harvard clothes at the Thrift Store:

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/funny-pictures-beaver-cant-hear-you.jpg

this is not a knock on the Thrift Store, some of my favorite jackets I bought at the Thrift Store.

pcosmar
10-02-2011, 07:51 PM
Probably best to disassociate from this whole "Occupy Wall St." movement now... lol

Waiting for Ron to address it directly?

Should he do that before or after the police start shooting people?

Liber Team
10-02-2011, 07:54 PM

agreed

Sola_Fide
10-02-2011, 07:54 PM
*facepalm on this entire fiasco*

dannno
10-02-2011, 07:58 PM

No.

http://urimg.net/a3420.jpg

Carehn
10-02-2011, 08:00 PM

How do we educate and influence people hiding in a closet?

Becker
10-02-2011, 08:01 PM

just when drudge jumps on it? NO WAy

flightlesskiwi
10-02-2011, 08:08 PM
all i can say about the curly haired obama supporter: the truth hurts, doesn't it?

walk away. that's all you can do. walk away and stay asleep.

brandon
10-02-2011, 08:19 PM
the youtube is painful.

My thoughts exactly. Very hard to watch. I don't know how Kokesh doesn't feel incredibly awkward during those interviews.

Becker
10-02-2011, 08:25 PM
"people who are not out here with us, are consenting"

Amen.

Becker
10-02-2011, 08:29 PM
Adam equates killing al-Awlaki to "no free speech/first amendment"?

affa
10-02-2011, 08:39 PM
The article linked to on drudge is misleading.

For example, the article states:
"The zeal for totalitarian government amongst some of the “protesters” is shocking. One sign being carried around read, “A government is an entity which holds the monopolistic right to initiate force,” which seems a little ironic when protesters complain about being physically assaulted by police in the same breath."

Um... that sign could easily be read as a criticism of government. In fact, it's easier to read that sign as criticism of government than as support of it, which is what the author of the article must do in order to support his 'point'.

Also, finding a couple people in a crowd that want something absurd (ie, re-elect Obama) is relatively easy. Get thousands of people together, interview enough of them, and you'll always be able to cherry pick the idiots. Oh, there's the guy who thinks he was abducted by aliens, or, hey, there's the guy who confuses his facts in front of a camera and sounds like gibberish.

The anti-protestor meme is in full effect, sadly. We may still have the freedom to assemble, but the media sure is good at making anyone who does look crazy and/or stupid. Believe this misinformation at your own peril, and remember it every time a Ron Paul supporter is treated like a heroin-loving, tin-hat wearing, living in the 1700's loon.

Becker
10-02-2011, 08:46 PM
The article linked to on drudge is misleading.

For example, the article states:
"The zeal for totalitarian government amongst some of the “protesters” is shocking. One sign being carried around read, “A government is an entity which holds the monopolistic right to initiate force,” which seems a little ironic when protesters complain about being physically assaulted by police in the same breath."

Um... that sign could easily be read as a criticism of government. In fact, it's easier to read that sign as criticism of government than as support of it, which is what the author of the article must do in order to support his 'point'.

Also, finding a couple people in a crowd that want something absurd (ie, re-elect Obama) is relatively easy. Get thousands of people together, interview enough of them, and you'll always be able to cherry pick the idiots. Oh, there's the guy who thinks he was abducted by aliens, or, hey, there's the guy who confuses his facts in front of a camera and sounds like gibberish.

The anti-protestor meme is in full effect, sadly. We may still have the freedom to assemble, but the media sure is good at making anyone who does look crazy and/or stupid. Believe this misinformation at your own peril, and remember it every time a Ron Paul supporter is treated like a heroin-loving, tin-hat wearing, living in the 1700's loon.

let's assume that police and government are the same entity, what is exactly the irony of saying "Party X is monopoly of force" and then complaining being assaulted by Party X?

amy31416
10-02-2011, 08:57 PM

He was assassinated for inspiring others to become terrorists via his speeches--he was never actually charged with anything. The real problem with this is that Obama just said "off with his head" like a king and did not use any proper legal channels--just like with Libya. I mean, at least Bush paid some tiny amount of lip service to the laws that he wasn't at all concerned with.

Oh, and aside from that--Kokesh was quite eloquent and polite in his rebuttals. Just wanted to give him props where they're due.

kuckfeynes
10-02-2011, 08:58 PM

Sounds like you don't. Can I ask why?
If it were some white kid in college writing/saying these things, cool to take him out without trial?
Or is it just the fact that al-Awalaki had real influence over people?
Does that mean the more power and influence you have, the less Constitutional protections apply?

Becker
10-02-2011, 09:51 PM
Sounds like you don't. Can I ask why?
If it were some white kid in college writing/saying these things, cool to take him out without trial?
Or is it just the fact that al-Awalaki had real influence over people?
Does that mean the more power and influence you have, the less Constitutional protections apply?

That's the point, there's a clear difference between a person writing an essay in school (when his opinion was solicited), and a person getting on TV in the middle east.
Yes, it's the fact he has real influence. Credibilty matters.
Yes, the more power you have, the less you can abuse your freedoms.

flightlesskiwi
10-02-2011, 09:55 PM
That's the point, there's a clear difference between a person writing an essay in school (when his opinion was solicited), and a person getting on TV in the middle east.
Yes, it's the fact he has real influence. Credibilty matters.
Yes, the more power you have, the less you can abuse your freedoms.

how does one, exactly, ABUSE a freedom?

ZanZibar
10-02-2011, 10:01 PM
If we are going to actually try to win an election then we need to focus on likely Republican voters. This isn't it.

spladle
10-02-2011, 10:07 PM

By doing something Becker doesn't approve of, duh. Freedoms only extend as far as he says they do.

Becker
10-02-2011, 10:38 PM

I meant, abuse your power. sorry.
In context, I meant, the more power you have, the more an orderly society expects you to take responsibility, and thus have less excuses, less "freedom" to abuse your power.

Becker
10-02-2011, 10:39 PM
If we are going to actually try to win an election then we need to focus on likely Republican voters. This isn't it.

angry mobs are the cheapest voters though.

Democrats know this, that's why they prey on health care lovers and open border lovers.

Working Poor
10-02-2011, 11:22 PM
dam Adam could you have found any dumber asses?

Working Poor
10-02-2011, 11:26 PM
Obama's campaign team has been assembled.

jbuttell
10-02-2011, 11:28 PM
Protester totally looks like Ralphie:
http://www.misfittoys.net/movies/christmasstory/blind.jpg

Defining Obscene
10-02-2011, 11:43 PM
Its funny when "war criminal" George Bush even believed Saddam had a right to a trial in Iraqi courts.

And guys, what's all the fuss about? Don't you want to pay for her liberal arts degree from Harvard while your family panhandles in a breadline?

Eric21ND
10-02-2011, 11:55 PM
Between these young hispters and the Palin folk, i think this country is doomed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKKKgua7wQk

Cutlerzzz
10-03-2011, 12:19 AM
let's assume that police and government are the same entityThat's an assumption?

FrankRep
10-03-2011, 12:28 AM
let's assume that police and government are the same entity, what is exactly the irony of saying "Party X is monopoly of force" and then complaining being assaulted by Party X?
They are not the same entity.

Becker
10-03-2011, 12:29 AM
They are not the same entity.

they are not huh?

explain the difference please.

FrankRep
10-03-2011, 12:45 AM
they are not huh?

explain the difference please.

Becker, the Federal Government is not the same as State Government.

kuckfeynes
10-03-2011, 12:51 AM
I meant, abuse your power. sorry.
In context, I meant, the more power you have, the more an orderly society expects you to take responsibility, and thus have less excuses, less "freedom" to abuse your power.

That wasn't really my question though. That's a very general answer, my question was much more specific. Let me rephrase. Does the Bill of Rights only apply to those citizens operating below a certain threshold of influence, and if so where exactly is that threshold? Say the white college kid somehow managed to amass a following and an act of terror was carried out in his name. Say he is studying in Canada. Okay to assassinate him without trial?

Becker
10-03-2011, 01:03 AM
That wasn't really my question though. That's a very general answer, my question was much more specific. Let me rephrase. Does the Bill of Rights only apply to those citizens operating below a certain threshold of influence, and if so where exactly is that threshold? Say the white college kid somehow managed to amass a following and an act of terror was carried out in his name. Say he is studying in Canada. Okay to assassinate him without trial?

it all depends on who he inspires to action, and what the actions are.

Obama didn't assassinate al-Awlaki, he just gave the order. So how that not his "free speech"? It's a stupid question, because Obama has used his power and influence to speak a few words which caused a person to be killed as a result, he can't simply be let off the hook for "I was simply expressing my opinion".

Is that not a fair and ironic analogy?

Becker
10-03-2011, 01:05 AM
Becker, the Federal Government is not the same as State Government.

that wasn't my question.

Can you read?

You said "government and police are not the same entity" where did State and Federal ever come up?

By what definition are police strictly either federal or state, and where did you see anybody say government was limited to referring to either?

Answer the question or else please don't reply with pointless one-liners.

FrankRep
10-03-2011, 01:12 AM
that wasn't my question.

Can you read?

You said "government and police are not the same entity" where did State and Federal ever come up?

By what definition are police strictly either federal or state, and where did you see anybody say government was limited to referring to either?

Answer the question or else please don't reply with pointless one-liners.
You said "Government." That's a pretty broad term and that's why your analogy fails. The mere fact that State and Federal Government functions differently shows your analogy to be oversimplified and illogical.

Becker
10-03-2011, 01:14 AM
You said "Government." That's a pretty broad term and that's why your analogy fails. The mere fact that State and Federal Government functions differently shows your analogy to be oversimplified and illogical.

you still didn't answer my question.

I assume you can't, so you keep replying nonsense.

How are the police and government NOT the same entity?

FrankRep
10-03-2011, 01:17 AM
you still didn't answer my question.

I assume you can't, so you keep replying nonsense.

How are the police and government NOT the same entity?
Because the Police are NOT apart of the Federal Government. Duh?

That answers your stupid question.

Becker
10-03-2011, 01:19 AM
Because the Police are NOT apart of the Federal Government. Duh?

That answers your stupid question.

who said federal government?

what are the police part of? ANY government? does the police work for ANY entity, for the above mentioned "“A government is an entity which holds the monopolistic right to initiate force,”"?

kuckfeynes
10-03-2011, 01:56 AM

Obama didn't assassinate al-Awlaki, he just gave the order. So how that not his "free speech"? It's a stupid question, because Obama has used his power and influence to speak a few words which caused a person to be killed as a result, he can't simply be let off the hook for "I was simply expressing my opinion".

Well it's fair in the sense that Obama put himself above the law in doing so, much like a terrorist does. It's not fair in the sense that the executive order has the full backing of the most powerful agency in the world, versus some guy espousing his ideology that happens to be against the guy with all the power.

Even if you yell fire in a crowded theater and someone gets trampled to death, you still get due process.

What is there to prevent some future president from deciding he doesn't like what Becker or Kuckfeynes writes on the Internet, and simply following precedent?

vita3
10-03-2011, 04:38 AM
"The thousands of Americans currently expressing their disgust at Wall Street and the bankers who have ruined the economy to the detriment of the poor and middle class should be commended for getting off their hind ends and doing something, unlike the millions who will continue to watch American Idol, drink beer and laugh in ignorance as the country is flushed down the toilet. It should also be added that there is a sprinkling of “End the Fed” demonstrators who truly understand the root cause of the problem."

nobody's_hero
10-03-2011, 05:16 AM
Can someone post a direct link to the story? Drudge's home page, in my opinion, looks like someone vomited black and white randomness all over my monitor.

bluesc
10-03-2011, 08:26 AM
Can someone post a direct link to the story? Drudge's home page, in my opinion, looks like someone vomited black and white randomness all over my monitor.

http://www.infowars.com/occupy-wall-street-protesters-call-totalitarian-government-re-election-of-obama/

FrankRep
10-03-2011, 08:30 AM
Occupy Wall Street: A Globalist Op Designed to Destroy Efforts to End the Fed
http://www.infowars.com/occupy-wall-street-a-globalist-op-designed-to-destroy-efforts-to-end-the-fed/

Occupy Wall Street Protesters Call For Totalitarian Government, Re-Election Of Obama
http://www.infowars.com/occupy-wall-street-protesters-call-totalitarian-government-re-election-of-obama/

vita3
10-03-2011, 08:40 AM
revolution is in the air

moostraks
10-03-2011, 08:53 AM
wow was that painful!!! gotta love kokesh for trying to reason with them and challenge their beliefs. I just don't get the wholesale servitude obama supporters have for him. Why can't they see what is behind the curtain??? Many of them seem to be very young which makes me wonder if it isn't educational brainwashing with peer pressure thrown in.

UtahApocalypse
10-03-2011, 08:56 AM

Thank You!!!!

+99999999999999999999999999999999 rep

why link to drudge and not directly to an article anyways???? I can NEVER find the right headlines on that shithole site.

affa
10-03-2011, 11:36 AM

Um, that was quoted from the article. I didn't say it was ironic, the author of the article did, and I was criticizing him as misunderstanding the protesters sign, which he did.

affa
10-03-2011, 11:43 AM
You are guaranteed to find someone to say something stupid anytime you have a group of more than zero people around, if you film long enough. if you then show the stupidest things you've recorded, you'll besmirch the entire group.

never take man on the street interviews with more than a grain of salt. they are inherently staged, by definition, since the producer chooses only those interviews that promote their own narrative.

does anyone remember the media video from the tea party rallies? they looked as idiotic as these. it's not representative of either movement, it's representative of media manipulation -- always 'hate' the other, in this case, your fellow citizen.

Becker
10-03-2011, 01:37 PM
Um, that was quoted from the article. I didn't say it was ironic, the author of the article did, and I was criticizing him as misunderstanding the protesters sign, which he did.

I wasn't saying you said it. I was agreeing with you, I think, that I fail to see the irony, unless the sign was completely misunderstood.

While mr. frankrep told me because "federal government and state government are not the same" therefore "police are not the same entity as government", I guess he agrees with Alex Jones that it's ironic?

Becker
10-03-2011, 01:37 PM
You are guaranteed to find someone to say something stupid anytime you have a group of more than zero people around, if you film long enough. if you then show the stupidest things you've recorded, you'll besmirch the entire group.

never take man on the street interviews with more than a grain of salt. they are inherently staged, by definition, since the producer chooses only those interviews that promote their own narrative.

does anyone remember the media video from the tea party rallies? they looked as idiotic as these. it's not representative of either movement, it's representative of media manipulation -- always 'hate' the other, in this case, your fellow citizen.

but media manipulations and lies are good when it favors our cause, don't you agree?

pcosmar
10-03-2011, 02:01 PM
but media manipulations and lies are good when it favors our cause, don't you agree?
No, I don't agree.
Lies don't favor our cause.

Fredom101
10-03-2011, 02:56 PM
the youtube is painful.
she's angry and she has bought a brand of marxism conflict theory to simplify her world view as hate capital, love government- but then admits the government is ran by the 1%ers, and she wants more of it.

Yes she is very confused, but I think it's important to have some empathy for her and others who are misguided. Afterall, they were brought up in government indoctrination camps (aka public schools) like most of us, they just haven't seen the light yet. If we think of people like this girl as the enemy, and call them names, we will never win this battle of ideas. This girl wants to do what's right and she wants positive changes to happen in the world.

We need to just keep empathizing with others who don't get it yet. You never know who could be the next warrior for freedom, no matter how steeped in status quo propaganda they are at the moment.

Philhelm
10-03-2011, 04:56 PM
the youtube is painful.

Yeah, that was particularly grievous.

affa
10-03-2011, 08:14 PM

no, i don't agree. ron paul's truth is fine by me.

parocks
10-03-2011, 10:35 PM
Didn't we start the Tea Party?

And what was the Tea Party most noted for?

Objecting to Obama.

If we're going to go there, and there are Ron Paul signs there, why don't we put on our tea party hats, and
protest Wall Street and Obama at the same time.

Tea Party people might get it,

Obama
<3
Bankers
Vote
Ron
Paul

No More Banker Bailouts Obama

And perhaps the classic Obama = Joker Socialism just for the classic vintage fall 2009 vibe.

This is a stunt designed to help Obama. If we go in there, and improve the situation by adding our message, not a specific Ron Paul message, but a general tea party message, the tea party supporters might appreciate Ron Paul supporters as the real tea party and Ron Paul as the real founder of the tea party.

Still, I'd recommend that people keep focused on whatever else you're doing. There are Ron Paul supporters there whether we like it or not. They're holding Ron Paul signs, whether we like it or not. And the pictures on TV look a lot like Ron Paul is associated with these SEIU public employees unions. One of my facebook friends is there. He also was protesting on behalf of the SEIU earlier. This is a continuation of the Wisconsin protests.

If grassroots was organized, we could take those Ron Paul signs out of their hands, and put the "right" signs there.

This is a tricky one, certainly a chaotic protest is something that Ron Paul supporters like. They are just drawn to it.

parocks
10-03-2011, 10:41 PM
Yeah, that was particularly grievous.

Perhaps she's one of the few actual Global Socialists out there.

These are Soros's people after all.

She would like to run, or be involved with running, a global socialist organization. She goes to Harvard, right, she wants to work for one of those organizations, that's a realistic job choice. They don't like profit. They like non-profit. They don't see a problem with the elites, the top 1% running things. They are the top 1%. They aren't particularly competent. But they know that if they were running a business for profit, and they're incompetent, they'd fail and lose their jobs. Non-profits are more to their liking, because losing money, which incompetent people are good at, is built in.

Adam Kokesh
10-04-2011, 12:00 AM
Actually, everyone who was willing to talk to me on camera at that event that I managed to speak to in the hour and a half or so that I was there was included in the video. It's odd being called out on RPF for bias when expressing a bias for liberty!

amy31416
10-04-2011, 12:19 AM
Actually, everyone who was willing to talk to me on camera at that event that I managed to speak to in the hour and a half or so that I was there was included in the video. It's odd being called out on RPF for bias when expressing a bias for liberty!

Be fair now, lots of us gave you props for the interview and your excellent defense (and ability to interpret) the gibberish you encountered.

silverhandorder
10-04-2011, 12:23 AM
Yeah Adam really enjoyed your stuff.

Lafayette
10-04-2011, 12:25 AM

Pay no mind Adam, its just knee jerk reaction to media bias in general, sometimes you can't help it.

Keep up the good work brother!

raiha
10-04-2011, 12:31 AM
Well having gone around the block a few times, i see a bunch of buds beginning to unfurl their delicate petals and figure out who they are and what their role is in challenging times. My heart went out to their vulnerabilities. They don't know yet. They just think they do.
That neither makes them stupid or brainwashed or other denigrating language.
You might have asked the guy with glasses whether he had been to war yet, that may have wilted his wee petals somewhat.

It was a great interview Adam Kokesh.
You had the upper hand all the way and maybe you could have stated your position from the beginning. They could have felt ambushed. But nothing wrong with ambush if it helps one clarify one's thinking.
And it was a gentle ambush as far as ambushes go.

LibertyEagle
10-04-2011, 12:49 AM
revolution is in the air

Uh, we do not want something akin to the French Revolution. Not at all.

Remember, what we are doing is peaceful. We are trying to get a man elected to the Presidency.

steph3n
10-04-2011, 02:03 AM

Sir, that was your best work ever.

You seemed to be more calm than in the past. Which comes across a lot better on camera, and the content was just impressive, in a very disheartening way. This country is full of people just like those you interviewed, even the 'tea partiers'.

ClayTrainor
10-04-2011, 04:57 AM
Scarf Guy - "What's the solution, then?"
Adam Kokesh - "Raise the standard of morality in society to condemn all forms of initiation of force between human beings!"

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/41801_165908343120_8058956_n.jpg

moostraks
10-04-2011, 09:22 AM
Yes she is very confused, but I think it's important to have some empathy for her and others who are misguided. Afterall, they were brought up in government indoctrination camps (aka public schools) like most of us, they just haven't seen the light yet. If we think of people like this girl as the enemy, and call them names, we will never win this battle of ideas. This girl wants to do what's right and she wants positive changes to happen in the world.

We need to just keep empathizing with others who don't get it yet. You never know who could be the next warrior for freedom, no matter how steeped in status quo propaganda they are at the moment.

Some of these folks are pretty hard to empathize with as they are so bitter and refuse any form of logical appeal to their senses. The anonymous internet world sometimes carries over into real life for some people where they forget they are not behind a screen. The Obama faithful have a streak of blindness in regards to their ruler only exceeded by the viciousness to which they will castigate those that disagree with them.

ZanZibar
10-04-2011, 01:35 PM
Ron Paul on the Occupy Wall Street protest - a blog by Doug Wead, Sr Adviser to the Ron Paul 2012 Campaign:
http://dougwead.wordpress.com/2011/10/03/ron-paul-and-the-occupy-wall-street-protest/

Ron Paul discusses it with Reason Magazine:
http://reason.com/blog/2011/10/01/ron-paul-talks-about-the-occup

And Jack Hunter discusses it on Freedom Watch with Judge Napolitano last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=3kcxARJ1YzQ

Becker
10-04-2011, 01:45 PM

as you know, internet people are on the internet because they're good at one thing, sitting on their butts and criticizing.

they have no alternative, which is why they don't show off what better they've done.

Lucille
10-04-2011, 05:14 PM
Excellent work, Adam!

jtstellar
10-04-2011, 10:17 PM
i just knew from the instance when this thing was planned on wall street instead of washington that this had nothing to do with freedom.. yet some idiots here kept on insisting we get involved.. hilarious. why don't we infiltrate black panthers then. how about we get involved in voting booth taunting too. we need to be everywhere where marxists stage their operations, right? genius ideas. keep a list of people who throw these ideas out and make note next to their name--not to be listened ever again.

jmdrake
10-06-2011, 08:11 AM

Please educate yourself on the first amendment. Here's a good place to start.

http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/firstamendment/firstamendmenthome.htm

And this goes specifically to the question of "free speech" (protected) versus "incitement" (not protected).
http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/conlaw/incitement.htm

The bottom line is that the government has released no evidence that Al Awlaki ever incited anyone. What's the difference? Say if a member of the church of Obama's former pastor Rev. Wright felt "inspired" by Rev. Wright saying "G-d damn America" to go out and vandalize federal property? Under the correct understanding of the first amendment Rev. Wright couldn't be held responsible for that. On the other hand if Rev. Wright told his followers "I need you to go downtown and burn down the FBI building" that would be incitement.

So back to your "analogy", if the government had evidence that Awlaki directed (rather than merely "inspired") the underwear bomber they should have presented that evidence. There should have been some kind of trial. There wasn't. All we have are a few speeches that are really no worse than what Obama's own former pastor said. Maybe Obama's going to assassinate him next?