PDA

View Full Version : Roseanne Barr: Behead Bankers, Rich Who Won't Give Up Wealth

FrankRep
10-02-2011, 02:34 PM
Roseanne Barr: Behead Bankers, Rich Who Won't Give Up Wealth (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/10/01/roseanne_barr_behead_bankers_rich_who_wont_give_up _wealth.html)

Real Clear Politics
October 1, 2011

"I first would allow the guilty bankers to pay, you know, the ability to pay back anything over $100 million [of] personal wealth because I believe in a maximum wage of $100 million. And if they are unable to live on that amount of that amount then they should, you know, go to the reeducation camps and if that doesn't help, then being beheaded," Barr said with a straight face.

acptulsa
10-02-2011, 02:40 PM
What an incredibly violent suggestion.

She should have intimated that their hearts be cut out instead. That actually would have been funny, as it wouldn't actually be possible.

dbill27
10-02-2011, 03:08 PM
Isn't Roseanne pretty rich?

angelatc
10-02-2011, 03:10 PM

She doesn't think so. While she's in the entertainment business, and probably won't bother to wake up for less than six figures, she doesn't live in Beverly Hills, so therefore she isn't rich. At least, according to her....

ETA: just went to her blog:
I no longer have dollars, i have invested most of my wealth into farming and women farmers-women now are over 60% of the world's farmers! that is so good-Female Intelligence knows what is good and how to solve problems cheaply.

So, if you don't have dollarz, you aren't rich?

Seraphim
10-02-2011, 03:11 PM
You're a chick...can you take some brass knuckles and knock that fat cow out please?

Sincerely,

Me

She doesn't think so. While she's in the entertainment business, and probably won't bother to wake up for less than six figures, she doesn't live in Beverly HIlls, so therefore she isn't rich.

dannno
10-02-2011, 03:12 PM

Not on her TV show.

Cutlerzzz
10-02-2011, 03:14 PM
I'm sensing some rightwing extremism in this thread.

randomname
10-02-2011, 03:46 PM
I saw that interview and was a bit disturbed, she comes off as a major nutcase!

Also she said first day in office she would end the fed and end all the wars including the war on drugs. Interviewer then said, that sounds a lot like what ron paul is saying. Barr then got back with "yes, except I looove big governement, its thanks to big government that america has a middle class"

Ughhh

messana
10-02-2011, 03:46 PM
Why won't the rich invest their money in hedge funds? Then almost everybody wins.

BlackTerrel
10-02-2011, 03:48 PM
Here's a question: Why does Russia Today seem to support anything they believe causes discord in the US?

I believe Russia Today is owned and financed by the Russian government. They seem to take a deep interest in our domestic policies.

Rosanne had a TV show that aired before I was born. Is she really relevant?

TheNcredibleEgg
10-02-2011, 03:49 PM
How convenient. 100M as a maximum wage. A number Roseanne is under.

But....

What would she say if someone else said the maximum should be 1M - and she, Roseanne, should be beheaded if she doesn't accept that.

acptulsa
10-02-2011, 03:52 PM
its thanks to big government that america has a middle class"

That doesn't even make the grade as revisionist history. The government has been growing and the middle class has been shrinking since 1928. The relationship is inversely proportional. It couldn't possibly be more obvious.

If she knew the first thing about being middle class she'd know what the middle class knows--their biggest threat is government Barr none.

Jingles
10-02-2011, 03:55 PM
Did Roseanne go crazy or something. My god, there are so many things wrong morally and economically with that statement...

A Son of Liberty
10-02-2011, 03:58 PM
I don't know if I'm in a particularly pessimistic mood today, or if I've just got an severe case of reality, but this country is done for.

They're going to rise up, and they're going to impose their will on us. They will have your money, or your blood. Get in line, serf. And get ready.

flightlesskiwi
10-02-2011, 03:58 PM
That doesn't even make the grade as revisionist history. The government has been growing and the middle class has been shrinking since 1928. The relationship is inversely proportional. It couldn't possibly be more obvious.

If she knew the first thing about being middle class she'd know what the middle class knows--their biggest threat is government Barr none.

i see whatcha did thar.

+rep

Pizzo
10-02-2011, 04:03 PM
She was on a rampage a few weeks ago ahainst Ron Paul on twitter. Here is one of her gems : Ron Paul supporters: Hi, we r rednecks& nitwits who want u 2 think we r more progressive than u, but we hate science feminism& r racists.

GreenBulldog
10-02-2011, 04:40 PM
Another misguided soul who believes corportism, under the disguise of capitalism, is the cause of evil.

Root cause is a meddling government that's in bed with the big coporations. If government was small and limited, coporations would kick it out of bed because it's not of any use to them.

RCA
10-02-2011, 04:46 PM
Steer clear of the "rich are good" stance. It's a common flaw in the liberty movement. If she said "Behead Bankers, Rich Who Won't Give Up Corporatism", I would say she is right. For a truly capitalistic system to flourish, work ethic backed by virtue must be the underlying market foundation, not corruption and greed which will just revert the system back to corporatism or crony capitalism.

angelatc
10-02-2011, 04:48 PM
Did Roseanne go crazy or something. My god, there are so many things wrong morally and economically with that statement...

She really is a bit insane, I think. Her blog is really out there sometimes.

FreedomProsperityPeace
10-02-2011, 05:13 PM
She's always been crazy. The media knows she's crazy, which is why they ask her this stuff...to get ratings, readers, etc.

libertybrewcity
10-02-2011, 05:29 PM
I can't believe someone would be capable of thinking that.

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/mind%20blown/grand/mind_explose_gif.gif