PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul should write an Op-Ed to educate "Occupy Wall St" crowd

D.A.S.
10-02-2011, 11:57 AM
I think it would be very good strategy at this point for Ron Paul to write an Op-Ed piece addressing the "Occupy Wall Street" movement and explain to them that the Federal Reserve and the current Washington policies are the enablers for the current crisis that continues to rob the people and funnel the money to the corporate elite.

Ron should point out to them that it isn't capitalism that is to blame for their current woes - it is the Federal Reserve system and the government meddling in the operation of the free market that have led us where we are today, to crony capitalism that benefits the wealthy and the well-connected instead of free-market capitalism that benefits all people.

eff
10-02-2011, 01:04 PM
I think actually going there and speaking in person would be better myself.

He should remind them of a few other things they should be protesting as well; foreign policy, war on drugs etc.

RKoho
10-02-2011, 01:06 PM
That'd be great if he did. I would gather some NYC volunteers to hand out copies to everyone there.

Sjmfury
10-02-2011, 01:08 PM
Bump for good Idea.

D.A.S.
10-02-2011, 01:12 PM
I just put up the poll also, so see what people think even if they don't want to post their opinion in the thread.

D.A.S.
10-02-2011, 01:25 PM
I think actually going there and speaking in person would be better myself.

He should remind them of a few other things they should be protesting as well; foreign policy, war on drugs etc.

I'm iffy on that, and I doubt Ron would want to go there. It's a double-edged sword. Since a lot of the occupiers have anti-capitalism signs up, they need some educating as to the root cause before they can process what Ron has to say in person - otherwise, he'll just be boo'ed as "corporatist". Yet, if he's well-received there, the media would just love to do a hatchet job on him and say he's the leftist liberal like Kucinich or something like that.

That's why I thought that approaching this neutrally through an Op-Ed would be a very smart move to test the waters, acknowledge that Ron is aware of the movement, and to give them something to think about.

D.A.S.
10-02-2011, 04:20 PM
bump

wgadget
10-02-2011, 04:29 PM
Never mind....

10-02-2011, 04:41 PM
That's a decent idea. Speaking in person would be bad.

InTradePro
10-02-2011, 04:58 PM
The Occupy Wall St situation is not going to go away any time soon. I leave it to Dr Paul whether it's appropriate to comment at this time.

ZanZibar
10-04-2011, 01:08 PM
Ron Paul on the Occupy Wall Street protest - a blog by Doug Wead, Sr Adviser to the Ron Paul 2012 Campaign:
http://dougwead.wordpress.com/2011/10/03/ron-paul-and-the-occupy-wall-street-protest/

Ron Paul discusses it with Reason Magazine:
http://reason.com/blog/2011/10/01/ron-paul-talks-about-the-occup

And Jack Hunter discusses it on Freedom Watch with Judge Napolitano last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3kcxARJ1YzQ