PDA

View Full Version : Shouldn't Insurance Companies Support RP and Ending the Fed

Rfalcon51
10-02-2011, 10:14 AM
If interest rates were left to the free market to decide wouldn't insurance companies (life insurance ones in particular) benefit greatly? The investments of these companies depend greatly on the bond market. Insurance companies invest the premimus people pay to them into bonds, and low-yields on bonds reduces the spread they have, which in-turn lowers their profits. Low interest rates also hurt retirees as the rates they get on annuities are lower. This makes it difficult for insurance companies to sell annuities, and forces rretirees into risker assets.

So, how can we get insurance companies to recognize that Ron Paul is the Presidential Candidate who will take on the Fed, get interest rates at free market levels, and benefit them greatly?

Letter writing to the major Life Insurance companies, signed by numerous individuals?

Why do they not currently recongize this?

torchbearer
10-02-2011, 10:15 AM
everyone benefits from a free market economy.
only certain groups benefit from crony markets.

Rfalcon51
10-02-2011, 10:19 AM
everyone benefits from a free market economy.
only certain groups benefit from crony markets.

Yeah, I know. I am looking at a specific segment that has a lot of money and power that we could attract to RP by giving them specific reasons his views would be beneficial to them.

torchbearer
10-02-2011, 10:29 AM
Yeah, I know. I am looking at a specific segment that has a lot of money and power that we could attract to RP by giving them specific reasons his views would be beneficial to them.

insurers could benefit from higher rates. though some types of policies wouldn't be very attractive anymore. some of the gimmick life insurance schemes that have a type of "savings"(i use the term losely) wouldn't be very attractive. but they shouldnt be because they are horrible investments for people anyway. you end up borrowing your own money instead of withdrawing it from your own savings.